• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,291 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,291

Chapter 39

After hearing no response from Beshte or even a sound of him returning, Kion went off to check on him as well as see what was that loud sound. He ran back to the others, but with no hippo friend with him.

“Did you manage to find him?” Asked Baylio.

“I can’t seem to find him anywhere,” answered Kion, “He wasn’t even there when I went to.”

“It’s not like him to just simply disappear or wander off like that,” Bunga said.

“I don’t think he would wander off like that, Bunga,” said Anga as she and Ulla flew down to their friends, “Me and Ulla looked the whole Tree of Life, and Beshte doesn’t seem be here.”

“Not even at the snowy mountain?” Roni asked worriedly.

“I’m afraid not, honey,” answered Ulla sadly, “He wasn’t there when I checked.”

“So if he’s not here, where could he be?” Baylio asked.

“I don’t know, brother,” answered Rani worriedly, “But I got a feeling Ardyn or one of his followers might have something to do with his disappearance.”

“Well let’s hope none of them did anything to him,” said Kion, “Because I’m already worried about our child and Fluttershy’s son.”

“Me too, Kion,” said Rani before letting Roni rest his head underneath her chin, “Me too.”

“Kion!” Cried the voice of Twilight.

The animals turned and saw the girls, Spike, Capper, Sunburst and Solar running towards them as Twilight shouted, “Kion! Everyone all right?!”

“Twilight, what’s going on?” Kion asked, “What’s happened?”

“And what’s he doing here?” Bunga asked while glaring at Solar.

Solar started to flinch after seeing Bunga’s glare. He can tell that they thought he was here to try and harm them by himself and possibly try to take Lightning and Roni back to Ardyn.

“Whoa, it’s okay, Bunga!” Pinkie said, “He’s not with them anymore! He’s a good guy now! Shadow sent him!”

“He did?” Azaad asked in confusion.

“I did.”

Everyone sees Shadow skiing towards them on his air shoes. He stops by Kion and said, “Ardyn was planning on betraying him too. He was using him as well. So I offered him to come with me after escaping Ardyn.”

“And he went with you just like that?” Asked Binga.

“Yeah, he wanted to change his ways and set things right. So I told him how he can help and told him to find Princess Twilight.”

“In that case, ignore what I said,” said Bunga, “You’re on our side now, so you’re good.”

Solar let out a sigh of relief. Even he was happy most of them believed he was a good pony now, he was still worried about the others, including his sisters.

“Nirmala!” cried Oliver, “Nirmala, we need you!”

Everyone saw Oliver carrying an injured Tempest towards them. Twilight gasped in shock. “Sweet Celestia! What happened?!” Twilight rushed over to help carry Tempest over to Nirmala without hurting her hoof.

“We were ambushed by Makucha and his friends,” answered Oliver, “I managed to freeze them to buy us some time to escape, but Tempest got bitten by Ora.”

“Let me see,” said Nirmala, “Carefully place her on her side.”

Oliver and Twilight did what she said and carefully placed Tempest down on her side. Nirmala took a closer look at Tempest’s hoof to inspect the damage. “Your hoof should be fine in a few seconds,” she said to the unicorn, “The bite won’t do any harm, but I would suggest resting till the bite goes.”

“I’ll do that, Nirmala,” said Tempest while nodding in understood, “Thank you.”

Oliver saw Solar with the others.

“Is he with us now?”

“Yes, so don’t worry,” said Twilight, “Shadow told us he was being used too, and he wants to set things right.”

“Fair enough,” said Oliver, “If you say he’s with us now, then I believe he’s a good pony now.”

“Same here,” added Tempest.

“Oliver, you okay, mate?!”

Constantine, Vincent, Amore, the Crystal Empire family, the sisters, Doctor Strange, Sonic’s team, the guardians, Yozora and the wizardy world people were running towards the creatures.

“Yeah, I’m okay, John,” answered Oliver.

Flurry suddenly saw Tempest’s injured hoof and gasped in shock.

“Oh my gosh! Tempest!”

The filly rushed over to the dark purple pony and worriedly said, “Tempest, are you all right?! Are you going to be okay?!”

“Don’t worry, little one,” said Tempest softly, “I’m going to be just fine. I just need to rest while my hoof heals.”

“She was bitten by Ora,” said Nirmala, “But the bite won’t do any harm to her.”

“Whew!” Flurry said in relief.

Fluttershy suddenly realised that not everyone was with them. The young seven were not here yet. “Wait, where are the students?” She gasped before adding, “And where’s my son?!”

“Momma!”

Fluttershy stopped worrying after her child’s voice. They all saw the young five running and flying towards them with Lightning riding on Silverstream’s back with his hooves wrapped around her neck.

Fluttershy sighed in relief.

Once the young six were with the entire team, Lightning jumped off Silverstream’s back and ran towards his mother with tears starting to form in his eyes. Fluttershy could see he wants her, so she opened her hooves ready to hug him as he jumped into her hooves and hugged her. She wrapped her hooves around his body and gently stroked his mane.

Lightning let his tears run down his cheeks as Fluttershy softly whispered, “Shhh, shh shhh shh…Momma’s got you, baby. Momma’s got you.”

Applejack was the first one to see that every creature was here with the students and her nephew.

“Fellas, where’s Ocellus?” She asked.

“We don’t know,” answered Sandbar calmly, but was worried in between, “One minute Chrysalis was in the cave with us and then Ocellus pushed her outside before they both disappeared somehow.”

“Wait, hold up, Chrysalis was there?!” Starlight asked in shock.

“Yeah, and Ocellus bravely pushed her out of the cave and just vanished!” Said Silverstream.

“Yona proud of changeling friend! But Yona worried about changeling friend the most.”

“Not that it has nothing to do with Ocellus, but did you see Beshte on your way here?” Fuli asked.

“No, we didn’t see anywhere while searching for Ocellus or finding you guys,” answered Smolder.

“Oh dear, where can they be?” Rarity asked in a worried tone.

“They’ve been captured,” said Cosmos before appearing in a flash of light with Discord next to her, “Chrysalis took Ocellus away with Beshte following behind her, and they’re heading back to Ardyn’s castle.”

“You mean, Chrysalis and Ardyn are now holding two of our friends as prisoners?!” Rani said in a shock and worried tone.

“I’m afraid so.”

Lightning started to cry even more after hearing his friend and Beshte got captured by the evil Changeling. He started to feel like this was all his fault it happened, but he also wants to save them.

“W-We got t-to s-save t-them! We’ve g-got t-to! T-This i-is all m-my f-fault.”

Discord was so happy after hearing that as he said, “You hear that? He finally admits it!”

“Doesn’t make it a good thing, Discord,” said Tina while staring crossly at Discord, “Especially if you wanted to hear him to say it.”

“Well from your point of view, maybe. But to me, it is a good thing. Because now, Fluttershy can leave him and come back to spending time with yours truly.” A bunch of eagle claws appear and points at Discord while he smiled with joy.

Fluttershy was so not happy with Discord agreeing this is all Lightning’s fault and what he just said as she glared at him and shouted, “You still think I would go back to hanging out with you?! After the way you’ve been treating my son, thinking he took me away from you, believing you’re the only one aloud to be my friend, and controlling what I can and can’t have?! And it’s not his fault all of this happened! IT WAS YOURS!”

Discord’s smile turned into a frown as the eagle hands disappear.

“You seriously still gonna let him be your son? After everything that has happened and what he’s done?! The early leave from the Gala, the bad night at the Crystal Empire, the legion of doom attack, The Storm King’s return and Ardyn Izunia attacking?!

“None of us knew that was gonna happen! And the legion of doom and Ardyn madness was all YOUR doing! None of them was his fault! You did it all just to get rid of him so I can be with you again and to make Celestia change her mind about giving Twilight the throne and princess title!”

“But it was to also push Twilight and Oliver to accept their upcoming roles! Why can’t you all see that?! Shouldn’t they have a final exam before their new roles come?! Is it a crime not to have one?!”

“It is, if you have it in a way that can put innocent lives in danger!” Celestia said angrily, “Now do us a favour, and SHUT UP!” Celestia’s anger turned back to being calm as she looked at Lightning who was still crying in his mother’s chest fur.

Celestia sadly stared at the poor colt, feeling sorry for what he’s going through and how he truly believes it’s all his fault. She walked over to the two ponies and asked, “Fluttershy, may I?”

Fluttershy nodded her head and gently placed her son in the princess’s right hoof. Lightning wasn’t scared to who was now holding him, since he was still crying, as he can recognise the voice to who was asking his mother to hold him. Celestia gently pulled Lightning close to her and let him rest his head on her chest fur.

Lightning hugged Celestia’s chest as tears started to soak in her fur, but Celestia didn’t care if her chest fur was soaked with tears or not. What’s more important to her was the sad little colt that’s going through Tartarus and needs the comfort.

“Shhh…it’s all going to be okay, my little pony,” whispered Celestia softly, “None of this is your fault. You didn’t know this was gonna happen. And neither did we. But we will protect no matter what.”

Lightning slowly looked at Celestia, showing the tears in his eyes. This made Celestia feel even sad for the colt with her heart aching from the suffering he was going through.

“P-Please! W-We h-have to s-save them!”

“We will, dear. We will save them. I promise.”

“The only problem is, we don’t know where she has taken them to,” said Fuli.

“Yeah,” agreed Ono, “They could be anywhere.”

“I think I know where they might be,” said Solar, “But it will be impossible to get in.”

“Where do you think they are, Solar darling?” Rarity asked, “And what do you mean by impossible to get in?”

Solar let out a calm sigh before answering, “There’s a small chance, that she has taken them back to Ardyn’s castle.”

“Ardyn has his own castle?” Asked Ven.

“Yes,” answered Solar, “And it’s where me and the others have been hiding in for quite some time. And it’s impossible to get in, even without him or any of his followers knowing.”

“What do you mean?” Axel asked.

“Well, there’s a huge amount of shadow wolves hidden around the path to the castle entrance, the hallways are held with darkness, and the doors to Ardyn’s throne is guarded by two of his guards.”

“Okay yeah. That place, does sound impossible and dangerous,” said Baliyo.

“Yeah, and it sounds like we can’t get in either,” said Bunga.

Sunset and Starlight looked each other in confusion after hearing what Bunga had just said as Sunset let out a “tut” while rolling her eyes.

“How do you know all of that?” Sunburst asked, “I mean, we all know you’ve been used by him, but did he tell you about the protected spots or did you see for yourself?”

“Shadow actually spotted them before we left Ardyn,” answered Solar.

“I had to make sure if Ardyn had his castle protected before using my chaos emerald to escape. And after discovering he has the whole castle protected, I knew I had to use the emerald to get us out.”

“Yikes. Not even my powers can help me get into the castle,” said Sonic.

“Was that a guess or you just know?” Terra asked.

“A guess,” answered Sonic, “But there’s no way I’m going to do it to find out.”

“Couldn’t agree more,” said Tom.

“So how do we get into the castle without getting captured or killed?” Donald asked.

“I can use my emerald to teleport us all to a spot where we can get in without being caught,” said Shadow, “I’ve managed to find it before leaving Ardyn’s side. However, the emerald can’t take every single one of us. So some of you will have to hide in someone that can hold you until we get that.”

“Hide in someone?” Gallus slowly looked at the lions and lionesses before frowning and saying, “Oh dear.”


Inside the room that was filled with dark crystal walls and a spiked crystal throne, a dark corridor appear with Chrysalis walking out of it while holding Ocellus in her grasp. She then placed the young changeling down on her side. Ocellus groaned before slowly waking up.

“What…what just happened?”

“You’ve lost to me. That’s what happened.”

“Chrysalis?!” Ocellus quickly got back on her hooves, “Where am I? Where have you taken me?!”

“Don’t recognise this place? This was my throne before Starlight Glimmer and Thorax destroyed it, and took everything from me!”

“You did that to yourself! Starlight wanted to help you, but you just think that feeding love from others was the only way to live!”

“Silence!” Chrysalis shouted, “Say all you want about what happened, but it won’t work! Starlight and Twilight ruined my life, but soon, I will ruin theirs and take everything they love!”

“I don’t think so!”

“Huh?” Chrysalis saw Beshte running out of the dark corridor, before it disappeared, as he used his belly to bump the evil changeling away from Ocellus. She hit the wall and fell to the ground. She slowly got up and growled at the hippo before saying, “How dare you followed me here and hit me with your fat belly!”

“Okay, first of all, it’s rude to say that someone when it’s just their appearance and can’t help it,” said Ocellus before glaring while continuing, “Second of all, there’s no way you’re holding us captured so you can take back the hive and rule as a queen again!”

Chrysalis’s glare turned into a grin as she chuckled before asking, “You honesty think I’m doing this just to take back the hive and the changelings?”

“Well, I did. Right before you chuckled, and now I’m starting to think you’re doing this for a different reason.”

“Exactly!” Chrysalis said to Ocellus’s face making her scared, “Once Ardyn has the colt and cub, he’s going to help me create a new and improve changeling army. One that will not fail me and can not turn against me, not even a new “friendly” changeling will have them changing sides. Ardyn will make sure of that. And when I have that army, even that traitor Thorax will bow before the real ruler of the changelings.”

“Well, someone has been following orders for real this time.” Ocellus got really nervous.

“First, I’ve been told I needed enough love to make a new army with some of Ardyn’s darkness. And you’re gonna give it to me.”

“Never! I will not betray my friends or help you get all the love you need!”

Chrysalis chuckled once more.

“Oh Ocellus. You poor little child. I’m not after the love from your friends and family. The love I need is already here, and right where I need it.”

Ocellus quickly realised what she meant by that. It was the love from her that she needed. She glared at the evil queen while saying, “You wouldn’t dare!”

“Won’t I? Just watch me. And just so your hippo friend doesn’t get any funny ideas.”

Chrysalis placed some strong Changeling slime on Beshte’s feet so he couldn’t move. “Hey!” Beshte tried to break free from the slime, but it wasn’t any good. The slime in Ardyn’s castle was way too strong for anyone to break from.

“Don’t bother,” said Chrysalis, “It’ll just make it worse. My slime is more powerful here in this castle.” She turned to Ocellus, “Now, let us begin!”

Chrysalis levitated Ocellus up in her aura. Ocellus looked into her eerie green eyes with the feeling of both fear and nervous for what was coming next, until she yelped in pain as Chrysalis squeezed her tightly and then she felt herself being draining as the queen drained the love that was inside of her.

After she was done, Chrysalis dropped Ocellus to the ground. The poor Changeling felt so weak that she was unable to move and get up. She groaned in great pain as she gave up and collapsed before falling unconscious.

Chrysalis licked her lips. “Delicious!”

“What did you do to her?!” Beshte asked angrily.

“What Changelings were born to do! I drained all the love that was inside of her. The love I need to build a new Changeling army and take my revenge!”

Beshte tried to break free once more saying, “You won’t get away with this!”

“Oh, really? And just what are you going to do to stop us?” Chrysalis didn’t realise she was close to Beshte’s mouth as he was able to smack her with it, sending her flying to her throne. She fell on her seat before getting up and glaring at the hippo. “That was a mistake.”

Chrysalis’s horn started to glow as she shot a dark green grasp laser beam at Beshte, breaking his feet from the slime and sending him flying as he slid on his side and fell unconscious. Chrysalis started wrapping him and Ocellus one by one in buntings made of changeling slime and then hung them up in changeling cocoons. “This ought to keep you both out of trouble for now,” Chrysalis said, as she flew away with an evil cackle.