• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,288 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,288

Chapter 15

Author's Note:

I’ve been wanting to write this chapter after writing chapter 10!

Things were as quiet as a mouse in the guest bedroom where Oliver and Flurry Heart was in. After their comfort hug and making each other feel better, they decided to read a book or two just to past the time till Twilight and the others sort out the situation they’re dealing with at the moment. “The betrayal rehearsal situation” we’ll call it.

Shining Armor decided to do what Cadence told him to do as he entered the guest bedroom and saw his children reading a book. He was nervous and worried to what will happen when he starts talking to Flurry Heart since he was the one that started this problem over the nightmare situation that was still happening.

The stallion let out a calm and brave sigh before gently knocking the door before saying, “Uh…Flurry?”

Flurry Heart turned to see her father at the doorway, but then turned back to her book as she refuses to speak to him right now after yelling at her in the library.

Shining knew Flurry might do something like this, but he wanted to set things right with his daughter and sister, and to also make Cadence happy again. He walked up to Flurry Heart while saying, “Flurry Heart, I know you’re upset with me for yelling at you, banning you from coming along and what I did to Twily moons ago. But please hear me out. I may be overprotecting you and not letting you come with us to the Tree of Life, but it’s because I love you. And we’re family.”

“Really, Dad?” Flurry Heart said while staring crossly at her father, “Family? How come that didn’t stop you from overprotecting me, stopping me from going to the park with Mama and letting me walk to my bedroom on my own? That’s not how families work from what I’ve read in family books.”

“I know, Flurry, but it’s just that I love you and I don’t want to lose you. I’ve never been a parent before and I felt worried about how things are gonna turn out after you were born and when you come to your filly age.”

“That’s not even a good excuse for me not going to school when there’s still things I need to learn before I become the next princess,” said Flurry Heart crossly, “Plus Auntie Twily is still the Princess of Friendship and I want to impress her by making some friends and understanding friendship like she did. And even if some don’t like me or even bully me, I can just tell you or Mama about it so I don’t make a huge mistake and become a bully myself.”

“If Aunt Twilight was here and heard that, Flurry Heart, she would be impress,” said Oliver happily.

Flurry Heart smiled proudly at her big brother before looking crossly at her father again while saying, “And another thing, was everything Auntie Twily just said, back in the library, was true? Did you really kick her out of the wedding and thought she was trying to ruin everything for you and Mama?”

Shining sighed deeply and guiltily before nodding his head instead of saying yes.

“You really shouldn’t have done that since you knew what was going on and there was a threat going on,” the filly princess said, “And if it haven’t been Auntie Twily, you’d still be under Chrysalis’s control, Mama would have die in the caves below, the changelings would have feed on everypony, and everything that has happened would be like that if Auntie Twily and the girls haven’t had showed up to fix everything.”

“Well…” Shining began, “When you put it like that, you are right about everything.”

“Yeah.” Flurry was then surprised by what her father just said. “Wait, I am?”

“Yes,” answered the stallion, “I wasn’t even under Chrysalis’s control during the rehearsal, so I should have listened to Twilight, even after seeing the fake Cadence’s true self before she mind controlled me. And now that I think about, I was making the same mistake back in the library as well as putting my own parents in danger. So you are right, Flurry Heart. I was putting innocent ponies in danger, and I know your grandparents doesn’t understand dangerous threats like we do. Not only that, but I was overprotecting you when I said you couldn’t come to the Tree of Life with us. You only wanted to help, and I didn’t see it. I’m sorry.”

Flurry Heart stared at Shining surprising while listening to every word he just said as Shining gently placed a hoof on her shoulder and said, “Flurry Heart, you may come with us to the Tree of Life. But you must promise to be good and do as you are told, understood?”

Flurry began to smile happily after hearing she can go to the Tree of Life with them as she replied, “Yes, Daddy. I promise to be good and do what you tell me to do.”

“So you forgive me then?”

“Mmhmm,” she said happily while giving him a simple nod.

Shining smiled happily as the father and daughter hugged each other while Oliver smiled happily at the two. He was glad that the two finally fixed things between them. Shining was also glad that things have been fixed between him and his daughter, but there was still one more pony he needs to fix things with: his sister, Twilight Sparkle. But he decided to worry about that later and continued to smile happily and hug Flurry Heart, even though he was still worried about what will happened between him and Twilight when he sees her next.


Twilight pacing back and forth in her guest bedroom while thinking about what to do when her brother, friends and teacher comes in to make things right with her. Either tell them how she feel felt after defeating Chrysalis or to let the anger sink into her and let the betrayal night hurt her forever. She was even scared to think how they would react or say if she did tell them how she felt.

Her thoughts were soon interrupted as the bedroom door opened making the princess stop pacing and looked to see who it was opening the door. There she saw Spike slowly and nervously entering the bedroom with a worried expression on his face.

“Uhh, hey,” he said nervously, “Is this a bad time?”

“Spike? Why are you acting so nervously? Is something wrong?”

“No no, nothing’s wrong,” answered Spike quickly, “It’s just…well…”

“Did Discord say something about how you treated me during the rehearsal that made you upset again?” Twilight asked in a calm but serious tone, “Because I have every right to tell him to…”

Twilight was cut off by Spike saying, “No, he didn’t this time. Although, I am wondering where he went do. But it does having something to do with what I did at the rehearsal moons ago.”

“Oh Spike, that wasn’t your fault what you did back there,” said Twilight as she walked over to her child, “You were just confused and worried, that’s all.”

“But I can’t help feeling like it is,” said Spike sadly, “I should have stayed with you, but I didn’t, even when I was messing around with the cake decorations. After everything you’ve done for me, I shouldn’t have left you. You took care of me, you raised me, you were always there for me when my real parents weren’t, and that was the thanks I gave you?”

“Spike, stop blaming yourself for what you did at the rehearsal,” said Twilight softly, “I’m telling you, it was not your fault.”

“But, Twilight, I l…” Spike was cut off by a touch of Twilight’s hoof on his shoulder as he saw her smiling softly at him.

“Spike, did I glare angrily at you when I left the library?” Spike slowly shook his head in response.

“And did I tell Cadence what you did during the wedding preparation?”

“N…no.”

“And did Cadence tell you off for your actions during that night?”

“No, she didn’t,” replied Spike politely.

“And am I showing you how mad I am at you and making you upset?”

“No,” Spike answered while shaking his head.

“And why didn’t Cadence and I do all that to you?”

Spike tried to think of a good answer for that question. He was about to shrug his shoulder in response, but he remembered what Cadence told him after asking her why he wasn’t in big trouble. He looked at Twilight and said, “Because I’m a still baby dragon?”

“That’s right,” said Twilight happily, “Which means there’s nothing for you to worry about. Neither me of Cadence are mad at you or telling you off for what you did during the wedding. You may have done that action, but I refuse to yell at you or tell you off for doing that since you’re still a baby dragon. My baby dragon.”

Spike blushed at that last bit of the sentence.

“Now, how about you give me a smile?” Twilight asked nicely.

Spike tried to gave his mother a smile as she asked, but the only smile he could do was a small one and Twilight wasn’t gonna accept that smile.

“I’m gonna need more than that kind of a smile, Spike,” said Twilight jokingly, “Come on.”

“I…I can’t, Mom,” said Spike sadly, “I’m still a little guilty for my foolish actions.”

Twilight, however, wasn’t going to have that. She wanted a smile from her baby dragon and she was going to get it, even if she has to do it the hard way.

While smiling, Twilight let out a calm sigh before saying, “All right then, Spike, you’ve left me with no choice.” She then used her magic to lift Spike up and pulled him towards her while grinning playfully at him. “I want to see a smile on your face, and I’m going to get it. I’m doing this the hard way.”

Spike was confused, but also a bit worried, as to what Twilight was on about. “What kind of hard way?”

“The tickle way!!” Twilight began to tickle Spike’s sides with hooves, while he was still in her magical grasp, as he started to laugh uncontrollably. Twilight slowly lower him down to floor with her magic while still tickling his sides which made him fall on his back.

“Hahahahahahaha!!! T-Tw-Twilight, p-please! S-Stop! Hahaha!”

“Tickle, tickle! Tickles on the baby dragon! Woooo!”

After a few more seconds of tickling, Twilight stopped tickling Spike’s sides and let him catch his breath as his face was red from all that laughing. He slowly got up, but he was pinned down back to the floor by Twilight’s magic as she playfully grinned at him again.

“Oh no you don’t!” She said playfully, “We’re not done yet!”

Twilight took a big breath before blowing a huge raspberry on Spike’s belly making him laugh again as he wiggled his hands and legs around.

“N-No! Hahahahaha! N-Not that! You o-only d-do that to F-Flurry H-Heart! Hahahahaha!”

“Not today, my little dragon!” Twilight laughed before continuing blowing raspberries on Spike’s belly.

Twilight finally stopped blowing raspberries on her dragon’s belly and let him catch his breath again as he stood back up again before looking at his mother with a real smile on his face. This made Twilight more happy now.

“That’s better,” said Twilight, “You’re much better with a smile. And much cutie.” Spike blushed at that last one while giggling.

Just then, they heard hoofsteps coming into the bedroom. The purple alicorn and dragon turned and saw Shining Armor, Celestia, Luna, Cadence and the mane five walking into the room. The mane five, Shining and Celestia all have worried but also guilt looks on their faces as they all stared at Twilight.

“Cadence and Luna had a word with you about your actions from the wedding, didn’t they?” Twilight asked.

“Yep,” answered Rainbow Dash, “Well, only Cadence had a word with us and Shining. Luna only had a word with Celestia. But I’m just saying.”

“But they weren’t happy during the talk,” added Applejack, “They gave us a very rightful talk and showed how disappointing they are.”

“We even got kicked off Cadence’s favourite girls list and her future anniversary parties!” Whined Rarity which made the four girls give her a not amused look.

“She said until further notice, Rarity!” Pinkie said in annoyed tone.

“And none of you four are also upset about Cadence kicking you off her favourite girls list and future anniversary parties until further notice?”

“Not really,” answered Fluttershy, “We pretty much had it coming.”

“Cadence even told us you were having some thinking time to think about whether to tell us how you really felt after defeating Chrysalis or continue keeping it in you and let it hurt you forever,” said Applejack, “And we all agreed that you should tell us how you really felt, even if it involves shouting, and let it out.”

“Even if it’s too much for you all to handle?” Twilight asked.

“Yes,” answered Shining Armor, “I shouted at you before during the rehearsal, you deserve to do the same to me. I don’t care how much you’re gonna say to me, I deserve it.”

Twilight looked at Celestia, and saw she still have that guilt look on her face, as she looked at Twilight and gave her a nod before saying, “I hurt you with the most hurtful words that I wish I didn’t say them in the first place. You have every right to show your true anger at me, Twilight.”

Twilight looked at the princess for a few more seconds before looking back at her friends. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath calmly before saying, “Okay. I’ll tell you how I really felt.”

And then, she let out the outburst she had kept to herself for very long time, even before the defeat of Chrysalis.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ALL THAT TO ME!” She shouted angrily, “After everything we did and been through together, and all the friendship lessons we’ve learned, this is what you do to somepony who knew what was really going on even without proof, especially between ponies none of you met before or knew them long enough?!” She turned to her brother, “Shiny, out of all ponies that didn’t listen but thought I was making up stories, I thought you would listen to me since you were my brother and protect me before I moved to Ponyville to learn more about friendship! Even without Chrysalis’s control magic, you still thought I was trying to ruin your special day when I was trying to PROTECT you, and what do I get in return?! Kicked out of the wedding, got told that I was no longer your best mare and got abandoned like I wasn’t part of your life anymore! I was hurt, Shiny! I didn’t want to lose you to somepony that wasn’t Cadence! I was happy that you were marrying her, even though you or Celestia didn’t say who in that invite letter, but the way Cadence was acting, that wasn’t the Cadence we both love! You’ve been overprotecting me since before school, but you didn’t when Chrysalis trapped me, and you made me felt like you mean everything like you really did want nothing to do with me anymore!”

Shining flinched after that last bit before looking at her sister with a sad and guilt look on his face. She was right. After what he did at the rehearsal, he did made it sound like he didn’t want anything to do with Twilight anymore when all she was doing was trying to save her from an imposter.

Twilight turned to the girls. “And you five! I thought you all had my back and would listen to me whenever I’m worried about something after that week when I was late sending a letter to Celestia, but obliviously that still didn’t stop you from checking on the imposter and finishing up the wedding! None to mention, you all forgotten about your roles in the Elements of Harmony and only focus on the special day instead of the threat when that was MOST important! I mean, Rainbow Dash, you’re the Element of Loyalty, but you didn’t have my back! Pinkie Pie, you’re the Element of Laughter, but you didn’t make me smile after being kicked! Rarity, you’re the Element of Generosity, but you didn’t put me first! Applejack, you’re the Element of Honesty, but you thought I was the one lying and not the imposter! And Fluttershy, you’re the Element of Kindness, but you weren’t kind to me after the rehearsal and abandoning your friends was nothing like you!”

The five girls all looked at Twilight with sad and guilt looks on their faces as Rainbow rubbed her hoof in shame. After learning about listening to others, they ignored that lesson during the rehearsal night and left Twilight like their element roles wasn’t needed when they were. Fluttershy was even more guilty. Twilight was right, she would never do stuff like that to her friends since she was too kind to do that.

And lastly, Twilight turned to Celestia. “And you, Princess Celestia! I thought you would listen to me like you did when Nightmare Moon was returning, but you didn’t! You just left me to handle the threat, hurt me with those hurtful words and went to check on the imposter like you knew Cadence when you should know she never acts like Chrysalis was doing! In fact, you never really do help out with any threats before the wedding! You just left me and the girls to handle them! You may have lost ties with the Elements of Harmony, but this is your Equestria too! You could have helped us find the elements and not let Discord trick us in order for him to finally win! I nearly left Ponyville because of that! When there’s a threat going on, you should think about how we will handle it! If there’s a new villain we’ve never faced before but you have, we might need extra help defeating them!”

Celestia knew Twilight was right about that. She has been putting threats into Twilight and the girls’ hooves instead of helping out when some of the threats weren’t the kind of threats they dealt with before. All she could do now is look down in sadness and shame.

“Do you know how I felt after you all left?!” Twilight said as they turned to both Shining, Celestia and the girls, “I felt sad, scared for what you were going to say to me after the wedding and guilty for blaming Cadence for being evil when it wasn’t really her! And after Chrysalis imprisoned me, I felt even more sad and scared after she said that none of you will come looking for me or won’t even care to find me! And after entering the wedding with the real Cadence, that proves none of you cared to check on me and only focused on the wedding!”

The white stallion, princess and the five felt even more guilty after hearing that, and they know Twilight was right. In the morning before the wedding begun, none of them thought to check on Twilight and Shining didn’t think to make up with her or even invited her back to the wedding and his best mare. It made him believe that every word he said almost came true and Chrysalis almost gave him what he said with his own words.

“I could have die!” Twilight went off, “I could have killed or become like Chrysalis if she didn’t imprison me! And even though if I haven’t bursted into the rehearsal and accused Cadence of being evil, I probably wouldn’t have found the real Cadence, but we still could have found her another way! And sure if I had proof she was evil, none of you wouldn’t have abandoned me and thought I was making up stories to ruin everything! But none of you five had proof Zecora was evil when I was in Ponyville!” That’s when Celestia’s sad look turned into a shock look as she looked at the five girls with Luna staring shockingly at them too.

“When I first saw Zecora, you all just hid in your houses and shops, faint whenever you hear something she does, and whenever she sees you, you just duck for cover and shake in fear! You accused Zecora of being evil when she was digging something in the ground of Ponyville and because she was a zebra and not a pony! How is Zecora being a zebra, living in the Everfree Forest and whatever she was digging in the ground an evil thing?! The hiding, saying she was evil and singing a song about her probably hurt her feelings if she knew what you were all doing! And not just that, but it was racist! You can’t accuse others of being evil if they’re not a pony and because of what they do! When you all first met Spike, none of you accused him of being evil because he’s a dragon and dragons didn’t care about friendship until the dragon hatching season, and I’m also glad you didn’t since Spike has been in my family for so long and hasn’t done anything evil at all! All of you thought I was being silly and thinking my brain wasn’t thinking straight when I was telling the truth about her not being evil or putting a curse on us when we were in the Poison Joke bed! Sure I did thought she was evil after thinking she was making Apple Bloom soup, but that was only because I was worried for her! Plus Apple Bloom wasn’t even under Zecora’s control when she started following her when Applejack was overprotecting her or even doing anything to her! And even if she was doing something to her, how come she was facing forwards and not done anything to Apple Bloom before we entered?”

Applejack was about to say something, but decided not to, because she knew her friend was right. They all accused Zecora of being evil and being racist towards what she was.

“You’re right, Twilight,” she said, “We shouldn’t have accused Zecora of being evil from the start or thought she cursed us.”

“And it was racist of us to think she was evil, all because she was a zebra,” added Rainbow guiltily.

“And we are going to have a talk about this later,” said Celestia in a disappointed tone, “You should all know by now I do not tolerate racism in Equestria whatsoever, especially after what Neighsay did when the School of Friendship started.”

The girls looked at the two princesses with a guilt look on their faces. They knew they were in trouble again now after Twilight telling the Zecora Evil story to them. They all turned back to the purple alicorn as she continued.

“And if I didn’t had the heart to forgive, I would end my BBBFF as well as big brother with you, Shiny, end our friendship with you girls and stop being your student, Celestia! And even if something does happen to the elements if I did end it all, then restoring our friendship would have been hard and would take like months to fix everything with me in order to fix the elements and, possibly, giving them a new look. Especially since I was the only one who was hurt, abandoned and the only one that took the threat seriously and knew what was going on! I mean, somewhere out there, there’s a royal prince who’s about to marry his marefriend in about, maybe, a few days while there’s a threat happening. And if the bride wants to do the wedding during that threat then obliviously the prince or his friend or sibling knew what’s going on if they knew her for a long time too! And even though Big Mac and Sugar Belle got married, I’m leaving them out since their wedding was a quiet one and nothing bad was happening during it. But you lot have no idea what it feels like to be kicked out of a special day, get abandoned and get hurt by words nopony can even take back until that day happens again but with one of us being the one to save the day! So until you, or a friend, or a family member gets married while there’s a threat happening, all you’re going to be hoping for is to make the same mistake happen again!”

After ending it there and letting all her anger out, Twilight slowly took deep breaths calming down a little.

“Finish?” Applejack asked nicely.

“Yes,” answered Twilight calmly while nodding her head.

“Feeling better after all that?” Rainbow asked in a friendly tone with a hopeful smile. Twilight just nodded her head this time.

“Good,” said Rainbow but in a nice way.

“Was that too much?” Asked Twilight.

“Not really, Twilight,” answered Celestia, “And like we said, we deserved it after treating you like you wanted to ruin everything when all you were doing was trying to save us.”

“And you did tell us what could have happened after defeating Chrysalis if you didn’t have the heart to forgive us and some events that could have happened if you did end our friendship, stop being Celestia’s student and told Shining he was no longer your BBBFF,” said Pinkie Pie, “Even if they did actually happen, but in different worlds to this one.”

“It could be possible, Pinkie, I have to agree,” said Twilight, “Especially with all the ponies and creatures, out there, that didn’t like how you lot treated me at the rehearsal or think I was the one doing the wrong thing before the invasion.”

That’s when all the ponies, including Spike, glared at the screen meaning that they’re looking at YOU. Because they know what other fanfic stories are out there, even some I read myself.

They stopped glaring and looked at Twilight as she looked at them while saying, “But now that I let it all out and told you how I really felt, I feel much better now.”

“Good,” said Shining Armor happily and in relief, “For a second there, I actually thought this gonna continue on and we have two problems to deal with.” Cadence gave her husband a not amused look.

“Well, even if you did do those things, Twilight,” said Rainbow Dash, “I just hope it won’t affect the magic of friendship or make it disappear.”

Twilight let out a friendly chuckle.

“I’m sure it wouldn’t, Rainbow, if it did take you months or moons to own my forgiveness if I did end our friendship. But even if the magic of friendship does suddenly disappear, when we do as well, I’m sure somepony will bring it back.”

“Wow, Twi,” said Applejack in amaze, “It’s like you’re foreshadowing the events that might happen in the future with the magic of friendship disappear as well as the magic from the unicorns and Pegasi with the three pony species going against each other with one Earth pony thinking that they can all be friends so when she discovers that unicorns can’t do magic and the Pegasi can’t fly and then understands why the magic disappear before bringing it back and brings the pony species back together again, the Earth ponies will be all like, “Huh. Guess we should have listened to that pony and not think that the unicorns and Pegasi are evil.””

“And if we’re able to see the whole thing,” added Pinkie Pie, “We’ll be all, “Wow, looks like we were right about the magic of friendship living on and growing in every new pony to continue the legacy.””

“That’s what I really want to happen when we disappear one day,” said Twilight while smiling, “The magic of friendship continuing on and growing with everypony that has the guts to believe it in friendship and showing that friendship is magic, like we do.”

The five girls and Spike smiled happily at Twilight as they walked over to her before forming a group hug together while the princesses and the captain watching with smiles on their faces.

While hugging, Fluttershy quietly said, “Please don’t tell Lightning what I did to you at the rehearsal. I’m a bit worried he might not be happy with me.”

“I won’t tell him, Fluttershy,” whispered Twilight, “I promise. But he will have to find out at some point. You understand?” Fluttershy nodded her head in understood before Twilight whispered, “But I do believe he won’t be mad at you for leaving me at the rehearsal since he’s got a caring heart like you do.”

Fluttershy said nothing and just smiled while continuing the group hug.

“I bit she’s gonna break that promise like she did with Spike,” said Pinkie Pie quietly.

“Not now, Pinkie,” whispered Rainbow crossly as she was defending Twilight’s promise, “Don’t spoil the moment.”

While the hugging was still going on, Luna knew it was time for her to do her duty and protect Lightning Twister from any more horrible nightmares. So she walked out of the guest room and made her way towards the guest room Lightning and his friends were sleeping in. But she didn’t notice Sora, Donald and Goofy was next to the door of Twilight’s room hearing the whole thing.

Sora turned to his friends and said, “I think it’s best we don’t tell him either. Just to be on the safe sure.”

Donald and Goofy gave Sora a nod in agreement. The three then decided to leave them be for now and went back to the rest of the guardians.