• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,291 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,291

Chapter 43

In Ardyn’s throne room, the groups were all chained to the floor with dark purple ropes holding. They were all struggling to break free, some even tried to use their magic to set them free, but Ardyn’s darkness was too strong for their magic to break it.

Ocellus, however, was still feeling weak from Chrysalis draining all the love within her. So she was lying on the floor, with the dark rope holding her, as she groaned in great pain while opening and closing her eyes every few seconds.

Flurry Heart was tied up to her mother’s leg.

Ardyn was standing in front of his throne as his followers came out from each dark corridor one by one and stood beside him while staring at their defeated enemies.

“Struggling all you want,” said Ardyn, “There’s no escape. Not this time.”

Ventus groaned while struggling to break free until he stopped to glare at Ardyn while saying, “You won’t get away with this!”

Ardyn chuckled before saying, “Oh Ventus, how many times have you lot said that to every enemy you faced?” He started to walk up closer to the groups, “You should know by now that I already have. I can not lose. Not again. And not this time. The darkness and anger will soon be mine. And I can live, as whole once more.”

“You’re wrong,” said Twilight angrily, “You will never have them. Lightning and Roni will find ways to hide away from you. The Storm King wasn’t able to have Lightning Twister, and neither will you.”

“I’m aware of that, Twilight,” said Ardyn, “And I know The Storm King failed to have his grandson in his grasp since…his soul rests within me.”

Twilight gasped in shock.

“Yes. That’s how I was able to give him nightmares no matter he was during your adventure, and how Princess Luna wasn’t able to help him during the nightmares. I had his grandfather’s soul from the very beginning. I have been every voice *Vanitas’ voice* he has ever heard *The Storm King’s voice* inside his head.”

“And I take it you have Scar’s soul as well so you were able to do the same thing to Roni, right?” Kion asked crossly.

“Scar was not worthy for being part of me,” answered Ardyn, “His anger was far too strong in his soul. He would eventually take over me along with The Storm King’s soul. Plus he wouldn’t be able to become part of me if you haven’t had defeated his spirit long ago before gave you that scar.”

“So we did defeat Scar and made him unable to return,” said Bunga.

“But what about the anger you want from Roni?” Fuli asked, “Wouldn’t that take over you?”

“Not quite,” answered Ardyn, “The anger inside him isn’t as strong as Scar’s, which will allow Lightning’s darkness to form together nicely and flow into me.”

“And you lot are okay with him doing it and completing what you all failed to do?!” Sunset asked to the other villains.

“Well, if it means getting revenge on you lot and having Lightning Twister as my boyfriend, then yes,” answered Cozy Glow.

“I’m in Tartarus,” said Chrysalis in her head since she’s still annoyed by the evil filly going on about having Lightning by her side.

“We all know it won’t kill them once he has the darkness and anger,” said Makucha, “It’ll just make them weak.”

“Which gives us a chance to harm your child as our revenge on you, Kion!” Chuluun added.

Kion growled angrily at his enemies.

“You monsters!” Rarity shouted angrily.

“We were born as them,” said Lord Tirek, “But not the kind of monsters once we’ve dealt with you lot first!”

“What?” Twilight said furiously.

“In order for them to come back to me, they need to feel pain from those that are close to them,” said Ardyn, “It’s the only for them to return and, perhaps, let you all live while you still can.”

“I don’t like the sound of that,” said Sandbar in fear.

“Yona don’t like it either,” said Yona in a scared but calm tone as she held one of Sandbar’s hooves in comfort.

“But first,” Ardyn summons a darkness cloud around his right hand, “Which one of you shall be the first to make them feel the pain? The two parents? The aunts that sung to their nephew and protected him at the Crystal Empire? The girlfriend? The big sister figure? The not evil mistress of chaos?”

But just as Ardyn was about to choose, a familiar male voice was heard from the other side of the doors.

“Stop, Ardyn!”

“Huh? Roni?” Kion said in both shock and confusion.

They all turned to the doors and saw it burst open to reveal Roni and Lightning running into the room and towards Ardyn.

“Lightning?! No!” Cosmos said in shock and fear, “What are you two doing here?!”

“Quiet!” Grindelwald said.

“Your fight is with us!” Roni said angrily, “It’s us you really want! You want the darkness and anger that remains in us! You can have them! Just let them all go, and we’ll stay! We’ll stay so you can have what you want! Just take us instead!”

“No, no, Braveheart, you can’t!” Smolder said in fear, “He’ll destroy you both!”

Lightning looked at his girlfriend and said, “You’ve all saved me. Now it’s my turn. Trust me.”

Smolder wanted to stop him from sacrificing his life to save them all, but she can feel her heart telling her to trust him and let him do what he needs to do. So she sadly stared at him to show she trusts him.

Lightning looked back at Ardyn. He may be scared to what’s going to happen next, but he was willing to be brave and save the ones he loved ever since the night Fluttershy found him.

“Ardyn,” he said, “Let them go. All of them. We’ll stay with you till you have enough darkness and anger from us. Take us instead.”

Ardyn smiled at the two boys. Not because his plan for bringing back worked, but because they were willing to stay and let him have what he wants from them.

“As you wish,” he said to them, “You two are willing to give your lives to save your friends and family. I respect that.”

Ardyn snapped his fingers and released all of the hostages as Gallus and Silverstream helped Ocellus as she was still suffer from the draining Chrysalis did to her. However, he did not release Discord as he was still chained up. Lightning noticed this and said to Ardyn, “All of them.”

“Even the one that treated you like trash and said you weren’t allowed in Fluttershy’s life?”

“He said, release him,” said Roni crossly.

“Very well.” Ardyn snapped his fingers once more to release Discord. Everyone was completely shocked to see Lightning telling Ardyn to set Discord free, after all the horrible things he did to him and caused all of this to happen.

“I must say, even though he treated him horribly, his heart is still in the right place,” said Princess Luna.

“I quite agree with you, Lulu,” said Princess Celestia.

Fluttershy smiled at her son as tears rolled down her face.

“Proud of you, baby.”

Ardyn spread his hands out one by one as each of them had a darkness cloud summoned around them. Lightning and Roni started to get more scared of what was coming next, but they had to be brave and do it in order to save their friends and family.

“Now, time to make me whole again! Let’s make some, DARKNESS!!”

Darkness started form around Ardyn before doing the same with Lightning and Roni. Suddenly, darkness cloud began to flow from the two boys, causing them to moan in great pain, as it flew into Ardyn.

Ardyn groan with great joy as he felt the darkness and anger filling his empty soul and making him complete again.

“Yes…yes. The power. The absolute, POWER!!!”

Ardyn’s skin started to go pale as purple cracks slowly appeared on his face. This made everyone flinch. They’ve never seen anything like that before, not even Sora has from all the adventures he had.

“Now that’s messed up,” said Donald in a fear tone while pointing a shaky finger at Ardyn.

“I better not have this memorized,” said Axel.

Darkness started to fly around Ardyn giving him more power and darkness to make him whole again.

“Soon the world will be mine to command! And every universe will be mine, TO CONTROL!”

He bursted out an evil laughter, making the other villains feel uncomfortable and scared to what was happening right now.

“I’m really in Tartarus,” said Chrysalis in a scared tone.

Suddenly, Ardyn felt something in his body. It wasn’t the amount of darkness or how much anger he pulled in, it was something else. Something that felt like pain.

“Huh? What…what is this I’m feeli…?”

He suddenly yelled in pain as it started to hurt his body. He fell to his knees and lend forward while wrapping his arm around him chest. The darkness, flying around him, started to float away and disappeared out of existence.

The heroes and creatures were surprised to what was happening to Ardyn right now.

Ardyn moaned in pain as he tried to get up, but it wasn’t any good. The pain was keeping him from getting up and trying to fight back.

“Wha…what’s happening? What is this?!”

“You were right at the start,” said Roni as he and Lightning wasn’t feeling the pain anymore, “The darkness was still in Lightning, and the anger was resting inside of me. But there was one thing that was keeping them away from our hearts and what you didn’t know from the beginning. The magic of friendship, and love from all our family and friends!”

“WHAT?!”

“You may not have seen it at first, but it was hiding inside of us so you wouldn’t be able to see it,” said Roni, “And since villains, like you, don’t like this kind of love, it’s what you would call a sickness to all villains. And YOU just drained some of it! So it’s now slowly affecting your body, causing you to feel nothing but pain. And that’s what some sickness does. Causing pain in everyone’s bodies, and making them unable to move properly.”

“No! NO! It can’t! This is impossible!”

“Mom, Dad! Now’s your chance!” Roni called, “Take out the other villains! Me and Lightning have got this!”

Kion gave his son a nod before turning to the others while saying, “All right, you heard the boys! Everyone, get those villains!”

Fluttershy and Starlight ran over to Cold Wind pinned him to the ground. Fluttershy stood on top of him with pinning his hooves to the ground while Starlight used her magic to pin his wings down so he couldn’t get any clever ideas.

Celestia, Luna and Twilight flew around Chrysalis as she tried to blast them with her magic, but the three keeps on dodging her attacks.

Makucha, Chuluun and Ora glared at Roni before charging towards him.

“Keep them away from the boys!” Rani said.

Surak, Baliyo and Fuli ran towards the three enemies and stood in front of them. Makucha tried to claw Fuli, but she dodged the attack. Ora tried to bite Surak, but he slapped him away. Baliyo slapped Chuluun before pouncing on her.

Shining Armor, Cadence, Amore and Constantine shot magic grasp balls at Lord Tirek. He blocked the attacks by shielding his face with his arms while groaning every time he gets hit.

Robotink snapped his fingers and in came his pod as it flew through the opened doorway and towards him. He jumped in and flew up in mid air.

“All right, team, it’s go time!” Sonic said, “Tails, you go and disarm Eggman’s pod, I’ll distract him and, Knuckles…smash the sides of his pod.”

Knuckles grinned proudly. The trio started to make their way towards Robotink and his pod.

“Go get em, Sonic!” Maddie said.

Sonic zoomed around Robotink’s pod making him go all dizzy while watching him go while Tails flew behind the pod and took out a few parts and wires. Knuckles jumped onto the side of the pod and started punching holes into it making the pod unable to fly steady.

“Whoa!” Robotink said while struggling to stay balanced in his pod, “Agent Stone! Stop them!”

Agent Stone was about to run up to help his boss, but he was quickly stopped by Tom as he grabbed his arms and placed them behind Stone’s back.

“Uh-uh,” Tom said to the agent.

After all the wires were taken out and Knuckles punched enough holes, the pod was unable to move properly, even with Robotink controlling it, and wasn’t able to shoot rockets at anyone.

Sonic stopped running and took out a ring from his bag. He threw it towards the back of Robotink and it grew big as it showed an island that was out in the middle of the ocean.

“Not again!” Robotink shouted.

“Shadow, now!” Sonic called.

Shadow skied towards the pod while taking out his emerald before shouting, “Chaos, control!”

Shadow’s emerald glowed and made the pod break into separated pieces. Robotink felt like he was about to fall to the ground, but like his first defeat, he got sucked into the ring with his pod pieces. Tom threw Agent Stone into the ring as it shrunk down and disappeared.

Grindelwald took out his wand and shot a dark green grasp beam at Theseus, but he was saved by Newt as he used his wand to magically create an invisible force field to block the killing spell.

Dumbledore, Credence and the two witches each shot a silver magic grasp at Grindelwald with Newt and Theseus joining in as the evil wizard did the same. Jacob hid behind the door so he couldn’t get killed since he’s not a wizard.

Mr and Mrs Warlock ran towards the groups, but was stopped by the ink demon as he stood in front of them while growling at them.

“I don’t think so,” he growled, “Not this time.”

Suddenly, the Warlocks felt a magical chain wrapping around them as it squished them tied making them unable to break free. Doctor Strange flew down to reveal he was the one who tied them up. The ink demon transformed back into Oliver’s normal pony body.

“Thanks, Doctor Strange,” said Oliver.

“You’re welcome,” replied Strange.

Cozy Glow watched all the villains fighting and getting defeated by their enemies with Ardyn still struggling to fight the pain from the power of love and friendship. She growled in frustration before seeing the young five running up to her. She started to panic as she tried to fly away from them. But she didn’t go far as she was stopped by a yellow magic grasp wrapping her entire body.

“Hey! What the?!”

The filly turned and saw it was Flurry Heart who stopped her as she used her magic to drag her back before tying her up with a rope and placing her next to the door.

“Auntie Twily’s not the only one that can magic like that,” said Flurry Heart, “And I’ve learned that by watching her and reading books on magic we are allowed to do.”

“That’s my girl!” Shining said proudly.

Flurry looked at her father as a happy smile grew on her face with tears of happiness rolled down her face. She has done something that made Shining Armor proud.

Chrysalis was struggling to continue shooting at the three princesses as they kept on dodging her attacks and getting good aims at her. Celestia managed to shoot her right hoof while Luna got her back one. Twilight took care of the other two hooves as Chrysalis started to collapse to the ground and unable to get up or continue fighting.

The three stood around the queen to keep her from escaping. Twilight used her magic to gently lift Ocellus before doing the same to Chrysalis as she placed the two by each other in mid air.

“Now, give Ocellus back her strength, now!” Twilight said.

Chrysalis’s horn started to glow before Ocellus’s horn did the same. “No. No! No!” Chrysalis said worriedly as she knew what was going to happen next.

Suddenly, a beam of pink grasp came out of Chrysalis’s horn and went into Ocellus’s horn. Chrysalis tried to bring it back into her, but it was too strong for her to take back as she yelled in pain and fear. Ocellus slowly started to open her eyes and doesn’t feel weak anymore.

After the last bit of the pink grasp went into Ocellus, she started to feel much better again as she glowed with light. The young five was very happy to see their changeling friend was okay again. Ocellus slowly landed on her hooves and smiled as she was hugged by her friends.

Lord Tirek was struggling to block the attacks any longer as one magic grasp ball hit him in the face. He yelled in pain before falling to his knees. His head landed on the side. Constantine’s hands were glowing in dark golden grasp as he waved them around while casting a spell in a different.

Dark golden grasp started to form around Tirek as it slowly took away his ultimate strength making him shrink down to the size of a normal size pony while making his horns gone and his red skin turning back into a dark greyish red.

Once the grasp disappeared, Tirek looked at his body in fear before seeing Shining walking up towards him. He smiled nervously before saying, “Hi.”

“This is for destroying my sister’s library and locking my wife in Tartarus,” said Shining before giving Tirek a huge punch to the face which made him collapse to the ground and fall unconscious.

The wizards, witches and Grindelwald continued to shoot magically silver grasp balls at each other that Grindelwald was struggling to keep it up and was losing control of the Elder Wand.

Once the shooting was over, Grindelwald shot a dark green beam from the wand as it was aimed towards Newt. However, Dumbledore quickly stood in front of Newt and shot a dark orange beam from his wand as it clashed with the green beam.

Grindelwald tried to push the beam even further to kill Dumbledore, but due to losing control of the wand, he was struggling to make the beam stronger as the orange beam was getting more closer and stronger. The beam clash ended as Dumbledore made a huge powerful magic attack and shot a red magic grasp beam at Grindelwald’s hand where he was holding the Elder Wand.

The beam hit Grindelwald’s hand causing him to let go of the Elder Wand as it spun in the air and landing in Dumbledore’s hand which makes his wand now.

Before Grindelwald could do anything, he felt something wrapping around him. He looked around him and saw magically chains trapping him so he couldn’t escape or do anything. He then saw Theseus walking up towards him with his wand out showing he was the one who chained him up.

He looked at Theseus and asked, “Do you really think you can hold me this time?”

“You threatened us with that before,” said Theseus, “But this time, we’ll be able to.” He then gave Grindelwald a huge punch in the face, “That was for Leta.”

Ardyn was still struggling to break free from the strong magic that his skin was getting more pale and dark purple smoke was coming out of the cracks on his face. The magic draining ended with Lightning and Roni collapsing to the ground, but was able to get back up again as they couldn’t feel any pain anymore.

Ardyn moaned in great pain as he slowly collapsed to the floor and started breathing heavily and painful at the same time.

“Please! Stop this!” He said weakly, “I’ll…I’ll give you anything you want! I’ll give her back to you, Lightning Twister! I can take you to her!”

“If you’re talking about Momma, Smolder or Silverstream, then you won’t be able to, because I already got them back,” said Lightning, “You freed them.”

“No! I mean, your mother! The one you’ve lost after your birth!”

Lightning gasped in shock and surprised after hearing what Ardyn actually meant by giving her back to him. He was talking about bringing back his real mother back if he stopped the pain that was slowly weakening him.

“No, sweetheart! Don’t do it!” Fluttershy said worriedly, “He’s trying to trick you! He’s lying just so he can continue his plan!”

“You can be happy again!” Ardyn said, “You’ll have two mothers to care for you! I can give it to you!”

Lightning looked at Ardyn in fear before looking at his mother who was smiling softly at him as she said, “Baby, remember what I told you that night. No matter how far away you are or what happens, your mother will always be with you.“ She placed her hoof on her chest, “In here.”

Lightning continued to look at Fluttershy before placing his hoof on his chest. He can feel his heart beat, telling him that his real mother is still with him. And she’s telling him that Ardyn was lying to him.

“Lightning, please let me live. Please end this, and you can have her back.”

Lightning slowly stared crossly at Ardyn.

“I’ve already got her back.” He placed a hoof on his chest again, “In here. In my heart, where she has always been.”

Ardyn let out a gasp of fear as he crawled back a bit.

“Sora, now!” Lightning called.

Sora gave Lightning a nod in response before glaring at Ardyn as the other Guardians of Light standing with him along with Yozora. They all summoned their Keyblades one by one with Yozora summoning his sword and blaster.

“Oh not good,” said Cozy Glow in fear.

The guardians pointed their Keyblades at Ardyn, while Yozora pointed his sword at him, as a beam of light shot out from the end of the blades with a red laser beam shooting out of the sword. The red beam joined with the light beam. It both went straight into Ardyn, causing him to groan in pain. He tried to fight it, but it wasn’t any good. He was too weak from the friendship and love to fight it.

Sora continued to glare at Ardyn while saying, “Friendship…is magic!”

The beam of light, with red in between, became bigger and brighter causing it to cover Ardyn. The purple cracks on him became bigger with light shining out of them. Ardyn yelled in pain and defeat as he vanished from existence.

The light slowly faded away to reveal only the good group, six Equestria villains and the three Tree of Life villains remaining in the room. The Keyblades magically disappeared with Yozora’s sword and blaster faded away.

“Is it…is it over now?” Ocellus asked.

Riku smiled at her before saying, “Yes. It’s all over now.”

Ocellus smiled in return.

With Cold Wind trapped in Starlight’s grasped rope, Fluttershy ran up to Lightning and hugged him as he hugged her back. Tears of happiness rolled down her face as she said, “Oh Lightning, that was so brave of you! Momma’s so proud of you!”

Lightning smiled and said, “Thank you, Momma.” He then suddenly remembered something before trying to escape from Ardyn. He sadly looked at his mother and said, “Momma, I’m sorry for keeping that bad dream from you.”

“Oh no no no no,” said Fluttershy softly, “I understand why you and Luna did it. You did it so I didn’t have to worry that you would hate me for what me and the girls did moons ago. You don’t need to be sorry.“ She kissed him on the forehead which made him smile again.

The Equestria group all smiled at the sight, causing Luna to tear up a bit as she brushed her tears away. Rainbow Dash then smirked playfully at Pinkie before saying, “So what was that you said before, Pinkie? About Twilight breaking her promise again? Hmm?”

Pinkie suddenly remembered she said that on the day before they all left to the Tree of Life. She chuckled nervously before looking at Twilight, who was smirking playfully as well, and said to her, “You did so well, Twilight. Well done. I shouldn’t have doubted you during the adventure.”

“Thanks. Wait, you doubted me during the adventure?” Twilight raised an eyebrow with Rainbow frowning in annoyance at the pink pony as she shrugged her shoulders nervously.

Shining looked at Flurry Heart as he frowned in guilt since he still feels horrible for what he did to her. Flurry saw her father staring at her. She frowned sadly before looking away from him. Shining could tell she thinks he was still mad at her, so he walked up to her which made her look at him again.

“Dad, I…I’m sorry for…” she was then cut by Shining gently placing a hoof on her shoulder.

“No, Flurry,” he said sadly, “You don’t need to be sorry for what happened. I’m the one who needs to be sorry. Really sorry. You were right. I was treating you like a baby that destroyed the Crystal Heart, when I should have treated you like my daughter. I was so mad inside after that day that I should have realised it wasn’t your fault. I made a mistake in the past but to your Aunt Twily, and I did it again. And I refuse to make those mistakes again. I just hope you can forgive me for what I did. I have already said it, and I want to say it again. I am truly sorry, sweetie.”

Flurry’s frown slowly into a small shock as tears started to form in her eyes. Everything her father just said was true. He was truly sorry for how he treated her. She gave him a small smile before hugging his chest.

“I forgive you, Daddy.”

Shining smiled as tears rolled down his face. He hugged his daughter in return. He then moved his head to her ear and whispered, “I’m also proud of you for saving Sonic. I take it all back. You did nothing wrong.”

Flurry said nothing and continued to the hug. Cadence smiled at her husband, as he smiled at her, before giving him a wink.

Kion and Rani proudly nuzzled Roni for his bravery before the two glared at Makucha, Chuluun and Ora who were now starting to be more scared as to what was to come next for them as punishment.

“Uhh, no hard feelings, Kion?” Ora asked before laughing nervously hoping he would let them go easily.

But it didn’t.

“Nice try,” said Kion crossly.

Kion roared with the roar of the elders which made wind blow at the three. It then made them fly backwards through the wall of the castle and into the distance. Kion stopped the roar as he looked at the direction to where the roar had sent the three.

Suddenly, the castle started to collapse since the hole in the wall couldn’t hold the castle still. The wall started to fall backwards with the roof breaking into pieces and fell to the floor without hitting any of the heroes or the Equestria villains.

Doctor Strange and Constantine worked together to create a force shield to protect them all from the falling pieces.

After the last piece hit the ground, the force shield faded away as everyone looked at the now destroyed but now gone castle. Kion and Rani shockingly looked at each other, but then smiled as Kion said, “Let’s, go home.”

Rani nodded her head in agreement.

Author's Note:

One last chapter to go!