• Published 26th Jun 2021
  • 2,288 Views, 405 Comments

The Darkness Shard - OliverSparkle

  • ...
2
 405
 2,288

Chapter 1

It was a strange and peaceful day in Ponyville, Lightning was flying towards the friendship castle. He wanted to see his Auntie Twilight for the day and maybe learn some things even before the next friendship lessons come after the summer break.

Lightning arrived at Twilight’s castle as he gently knocked on the door and after four seconds, Twilight answered the door. She saw her little nephew and smiled at him.

“Good morning, Lightning,” said Twilight softly.

“Morning, Auntie Twilight. Can I spend some time with you for the day?”

“Of course you can, little one,” she answered, “I was even expecting you to come here today.”

Lightning was now confused by this.

“Huh? You, were?” He asked.

“Of course, who else would I expect to come visit me except for my favourite little nephew?” Twilight stepped aside to let the colt in, “Come in, sweetheart. We can spend some time in the library.”

“Uh…okay.”

Lightning walked into the castle and headed towards the library as Twilight watched him. However, Lightning didn’t notice that Twilight’s eyes started to glow yellow before turning back into her purple eyes. The princess started to follow the colt to the library.

Once they were inside the library room, Lightning stopped by the doorway as Twilight continued walking a bit till she was at her chair.

“So, what should we do first?” Lightning asked.

“Hmm…I’m not sure,” Twilight answered, “Perhaps maybe…”

Twilight’s horn to glow as she magically made the library door slam shut behind Lightning making him jump a bit.

“Auntie Twilight, are you okay?” Asked Lightning now feeling worried about his aunt.

“Of course I’m feeling okay, Lightning,” replied Twilight while turning round to look at Lightning, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because you slammed the door very hardly like something has happened to you.”

“Possibly something I read before falling out of the wrong side of the bed this morning,” said Twilight, “Or maybe it’s because…I’m talking to a traitor.”

“T-Traitor?” Lightning started feeling scared while still feeling worried as well, “W-what do you mean? I’m not a traitor, I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Silence!” Twilight shouted angrily as she stomped her hoof on the ground making the colt shake in fear now, “You are a traitor! You betrayed your own grandfather, and let him die again!”

Lightning was completed scared and shocked to what Twilight just said. She just called him a traitor and said he killed The Storm King who as she called him his grandfather.

“B-b-but The Storm King wasn’t my grandfather! H-he was e-evil and was j-just t-trying to use me! W-why are you acting like this?”

“Still haven’t figured it out yet,” said Twilight cruelly as her voice suddenly turned in a familiar male voice, “Maybe this will.”

Suddenly, a dark corridor appeared around Twilight as it then disappeared to reveal that Twilight was actually Vanitas.

Lightning began to shake in fear even more.

“V-Vanitas?!”

“Miss me?” Vanitas asked with an evil grin, “Because I’m so not done with you.”

Vanitas summoned his Keyblade before walking towards the colt as he backed up against the closed door while still shaking in fear.

“You ruined everything. You let Sora and the guardians defeat me, Cozy Glow, the unversed and the Tempest Warriors. And you let The Storm King die again! And he was your grandfather!”

Lightning was struggling to brave as he then said, “B-but it w-wasn’t m-my fault! He was t-trying t-to make l-like him! And h-he was trying to m-make Momma l-like him!”

Vanitas pointed his Keyblade at Lightning making shake even more while saying, “It’s STILL your fault it happened!”

Tears of fear started to roll down Lightning’s face.

“I may not be able to hurt you on the outside,” said Vanitas, “But I can hurt you, on the INSIDE!” Vanitas slowly moved his Keyblade up in the air ready to slash Lightning Twister with it.

“N-n-no!” Lightning screamed in great fear while covering his face with his hooves knowing that there’s no way of escaping now.

Vanitas swung his Keyblade to the left as a loud clash sound was heard.


Lightning shot up while letting out a scared scream before breathing heavily and sweating. The whole thing was a nightmare. The colt looked around the place seeing that he was still in his bedroom.

Just then, his bedroom door began to open. Lightning quickly hid underneath the covers and shook in fear as Fluttershy and Capper entered the bedroom. They woke up after hearing their son screaming and got out to see if he was okay.

“Lightning sweetie, are you okay?” Fluttershy asked softly.

Lightning recognise his mother’s voice and slowly came out of the covers to look at his parents as they saw he was scared half to death with tears started to run down his face.

“Lightning, what’s wrong?” Fluttershy went over to the bed, “What happened? Did you have a bad dream?”

Lightning started to whimper while tears continued to roll down his face as he nodded his head instead of saying.

“Oh my poor baby,” said Fluttershy sadly before gently picking her son up and held him in her hooves, “Do you wanna talk about it?”

Lightning hugged his mother and buried his face in Fluttershy’s chest while shaking in his head for a no.

Fluttershy wanted to know what the bad dream and so did Capper, but they decided not to force him and only let him talk about it when he’s ready.

“Okay,” said Fluttershy before asking, “Do you want to sleep with us?”

Lightning sniffed and said, “P-Please.”

Fluttershy nodded her head and blow out the candle as she and Capper left the bedroom while Fluttershy carefully carried the poor scared colt into their bedroom.

Capper got into bed first as Fluttershy gently placed Lightning in the bed before getting into bed herself. Capper pulled the covers over them. The two parents carefully wrapped their arms and hooves around their child before they all fell asleep.

However, outside of the cottage, a man in a black coat with his hood up was looking at the window of Fluttershy’s bedroom as he heard everything.

“And so it begins,” he said to himself

A dark corridor appeared near the mysterious figure as he went into it before the corridor disappeared taking him along.

Author's Note:

Oh dear. Let’s hope The Storm King and Cozy Glow don’t start appearing in his next nightmares.