• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,833 Views, 130 Comments

A New World, a New Terror - TroWolf15



Zombies have taken over. I care for my friends, but pressure mounts when 6 girls show up.

  • ...
12
 130
 1,833

Chapter 11: No Breaks! Back to Work!

A/N: Hey y'all! Hope you're digging the story, it's beginning to pick up! :O
Well let me know what you think, good or bad. I gladly take all comments! Thanks you all! Love the support I am getting on it thus far! :D

***Mig’s POV***

Twilight got closer to me as everyone was busy watching Applejack and Rainbow Dash play Brawl. It kinda made me uncomfortable as she got even closer, and closer.

“Uhh, Twi, everything cool?” I asked awkwardly, hoping to snap her to reality. It worked. I think.

“Oh, uh, yea?” She fumbled her words a bit, blushing. D’aaww

“Well, uhh, you’re getting really close. Is there something you want?” I ask, almost hoping she’d say no.

“Well, there is one thing I want. I want to learn about the human body, and well, I want you to help me with that.” Twilight quietly whispers to me, I notice we got Beans’ attention a bit.

BUT WAIT WHAT DID SHE ASK!? SHE WANTS TO LEARN ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY WITH ME!?

“Woah, uh, Twi, you sure you want me? I mean, what about someone like Matt or Beans? I’m sure they would be good guys to study…” I didn’t know what to think of that question, I was still baffled.

“Study, you? Oh no” she giggled. Why she giggling? “I don’t want to actually observe you, though that is a good idea, I just want a way to get to that library we saw at that university” she said smiling.

“Ohhhhh ok well I can do that. Let’s go!” I was enthusiastic about getting out, so we hopped off the couch and went on our way. I felt like facepalming for thinking she wanted to observe my body, derp.

“Hey where you two going?” Beans yelled to us over everyone else’s voices.

“We are going scouting in the library at the university. Be back by 5 I promise!” I yelled back, though I don’t know how much he heard. I didn’t really give a funk. We just left like that.

“Off for learning!” I yell out, cheerily. I got Twi to giggle a bit, which made me feel accomplished. We got in our car and went on our way.

***Matt’s POV***

We all were in the white van, and hauling major ass to the library. Apparently they left about an hour ago, so they should’ve been done by now. But, my positive thinking just tells me it’s Twilight in one of the biggest libraries in the state, Celestia knows how she would feel in there.

I was driving the van, with Shadow in the front with me. AJ, RD and Beans were all in the back. I still needed my soundtrack for speeding through the streets.

“Matt, you need to show me more songs by this band. I love them! They RULE!” Dashie confessed, constantly banging her head.

Yeeee made her a metal-head. Me gusta.

“Sure, once we get back I can show some cool stuff. Other bands like them too. But still, lets focus here. We got two people to find in a giant library, and who knows how lost Twi could be in there. Mig won’t know his way around, and the place is infested with zombies. God you’re lucky you have me to navigate the library. Thank god I went here.” I said, getting back on track.

We eventually got to the school a few minutes later, guns locked and loaded.

“Alright people, lets split. AJ you’re with me, we will head around the west side of the library. The rest of you go east side. Call if you need anything. If it’s extremely urgent, yell. We’ll hear ya.” I order, and everyone nods in agreement and heads off.

“WAIT!” Shadow yelled out, freezing us all. “Shouldn’t the girls be armed? I don’t think they are.”

“Good point” Beans responds “Something small for each of them?”

“Yea, a pistol and a knife each. 3 reloads each.” I say, as I return to the van, unlocking the weapons chest in the back. I grab the necessary items and give them to the girls. “Point, and pull the trigger. Please don’t aim at us, that will hurt, a lot.” I say dryly, but everyone still laughed.

We ran towards the library, and already we noticed the high amount of zombies around the entrances of the library.
“Shit, ok people, high amount of zombies. Don’t hold back on bullets. Let em fly.” I yell out, and Beans and Shadow gave me a thumbs up, smiling. Man oh man I think they wanted to kill some zombies, cause I saw them run in guns blazing. RD followed behind them, but she didn’t seem to do much.

I couldn’t look at them all day, I had zombies to kill myself. And AJ, on the otherhand, had gotten ahead of me and was stabbing them in the head with amazing efficiency. Dayum.

I run in with my shotgun and start unloading myself. Those things didn’t even know what him them. Me and AJ had amazing communication throughout the killing spree.

“Behind ya AJ!” I yell out, and she quickly spun around chopping off the zombies head, it’s body slowly falling to the ground.

“Thanks, pardner. Your left!” She yelled out and quickly duck below its grasp and shoot it in the head with my shotty.

*click click*

“Another one bites the dust…” I murmur to myself.

We quickly make our way in, taking out every zombie we see. AJ kept to the knife, she had a fondness for that thing I see. I alternated between my shotty and my knife and pistol. Neither one of us really skipped a beat when it came to killing those things.

We made our way through the entire first story and no sign of either Mig or Twi. Dammit. Well they probably went up.
We went up to the second floor and found a significantly less amount of zombies here. We stuck to our melee weapons it was that empty. We called out for the two, but no response.

3rd story it is.

We got up there and found a lot more zombies here, back to the firearms. We blew our way through those things and found them all huddling around one door, which was partially destroyed.

“THERE THEY ARE! THROUGH THAT DOOR!” I yell to the group, and they notice the door being attacked. We very quickly kill them off and yell through the door.

“MIG!? TWI!? YOU THERE!? ARE YOU OK!?” I yell out.

“The fuck? Who the hell are you?” responded a deep voice.

“Huh? This isn’t Mig?” I was thoroughly confused and now worried again.

“No, this is Curtis, who the hell are you?” the voice once again responded, with anger in it.

“Curtis? As in the Curtis from high school who abandoned all your friends because you’re a dick?” I ask.

Curtis had been a friend of ours, all of us, back in high school. But as soon as we graduated he called us all stupid, anarchist people who shouldn’t have friends because we lack logic. He basically called us everything bad imaginable, and felt justified by it all. So, yeah, we hated him.

“What? What do you mean? Who are you?” Curtis responded.

“Matt…..”

“Holy… it’s you!?” the door swung open and there he way. Long, shaggy black hair. Baggy blue jeans and a beat up green shirt. He had a goofy smile and olive skin. He hugged me.

“Ok, nice to see you too” I wore the fakest smile I have ever put on. But, if I wanted to find Mig and Twi, he might be able to help. “So, have you seen Mig and/or a girl around here?” I ask him

“Yeah, well, kinda. I heard screaming and yelling earlier, they were heading upstairs I think. I just hid here though.” He responded. That was all I needed.

“Alright people you heard him let’s head on up” I say, ignoring Curtis at this point.

“Hey, what about me!? I wanna get out of here as well!” Curtis asked, worried about his fate.

“Hey, listen, we are here to find Mig and a friend. Sorry. And we don’t have the supplies to help someone else now,” Total bullshit, I know. But I didn’t want him around, at all. It would just be trouble, I know it. “And plus, I don’t think you can handle the way we run things. By the looks of it you pissed your pants hiding from those things.”

What was a joke turned into an insult, as he had, in fact, pissed himself.

“Bahaha Matt he actually did piss himself! I can smell it back here!” Beans yelled out, laughing hysterically.

“Shut up Beans, we need to get moving.” I responded, and we ran off. Curtis just stayed behind, quiet.

We made our way up to the top floor of the library, and more zombies. We handled them pretty well, and I was happy Dashie was making progress in accepting this world, and fighting back. She slowly became more confident, which is good, you need that in this world.

We hear screaming off in the distance.

“MIG!! TWI! WE’RE COMING! HANG ON!” I yell, hopefully they heard us.

Please live. Please live. For the love of god, please live. Was all I could think to myself. But when we got there, it wasn’t a zombie that had caused the screams.

We found Curtis, with Mig’s gun in hand, and just standing there. But even worse, we saw Mig was shot in the stomach.
“CURTIS WHAT THE FUCKING HELL” I was absolutely seething with anger. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The last family I have left, my cousin, was there dying. At the hands of someone, we both hated, and still wasn’t a zombie.

“I wanted to be saved! I wanted to feel wanted! But NO! You had to save this asshole and this wench!” Curtis growled between his teeth.

“Don’t you DARE call her that! I swear to God Curtis, put the gun down, and run for your fucking life. I’m showing my caring side now. Run.” I was ready to shoot him, I was surprised I didn’t. I guess since I knew him from before this hell. But still, I hated this prick.

“How the hell are you being caring? You’re telling me to run, into that pit of zombies downstairs!” He replied, confused and angry.

“There aren’t any left, we killed them all. And caring? I could have shot you and asked questions later, but I didn’t, for some damn reason I didn’t. Now, like I said before, run away. And don’t look back.” I cocked my shotgun for emphasis, and show I was ready.

He didn’t budge, and raised the gun towards me. Everyone was still, and I could feel someone grab my hand when he did it.
It was Rainbow Dash.

“It’s ok…” I whispered softly, trying to calm her. She didn’t buy it.

“No, it isn’t! This guy is crazy! He’s going to kill us all!” She blurted out, loud enough for him to hear.

“What!? I’m crazy? I can show you crazy! I can shoot this off willy nilly!” And proceeded to shoot at the ceiling. “Or, I could shoot people, like you!” He aimed his gun for RD and fired.

It was like time moved in slow motion. For I saw that bullet fly across the room, and hit RD in the shoulder. She collapsed to the ground in pain, and he smiled at her pain.

That was it.

I aimed my gun at his knees and shot him twice, once at each knee. He quickly fell to the ground in agony, dropping the gun.
“You’re going to fucking regret that you sorry sack of shit.” He probably saw the anger in my eyes, and his previous look of confidence and possible insanity quickly shifted to a look of pure fear.

“Beans, Shadow, help RD and Mig. Girls, you help. I’ll catch up” I order.

AJ didn’t like the idea of leaving me behind. “But Matt-“

“JUST DO IT.” I snapped back, causing her to flinch. They reluctantly got a hold of Rainbow and Mig and left the building.
I was left alone, with Curtis, who was bleeding profusely.

“We gave you an out, you could have run, and had a chance to survive. Hell, you might’ve had a chance to stay with us, if you had proven yourself. But, now, since you obviously didn’t like the idea of living, we will have to do something about that, huh?” I ask, he was silent, terrified.

I grab him by his shirt, and drag him along the library. I find a couple zombies still lurking around. I whistle, and get their attention. I simply drop Curtis and walk away.

“NO! PLEASE NO! DON’T DO THIS! I’LL DO ANYTHING I SWEAR! DON’T LEAVE ME!” He pleaded as I walked away. The zombies reached him, and began to make him a meal.

But yet, I still wasn’t happy. His ear-shattering scream of pain could be heard throughout the library, and this did nothing.

“FUCK YOU MATT. FUCK YOU. I HOPE YOU ROT IN-“

*BANG*

I put him out of his misery. As much as I wanted him to suffer, it was too much, even for me. I felt, almost bad for it. But he fucking deserved it, he shot Mig who might die, and tried to kill Dash, who neither one did anything to him. He chose all that, not me, I just defended those who I care about, like always.

I walked out, to find Mig being loaded up in the van. RD seemed shooken up, but wasn’t too bad. She would live, no problem.

I was just worried about Mig.

I got in, no one said a word, and we quickly drove off to Base Camp. To work on, yet another member of the group.