• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,830 Views, 130 Comments

A New World, a New Terror - TroWolf15



Zombies have taken over. I care for my friends, but pressure mounts when 6 girls show up.

  • ...
12
 130
 1,830

Chapter 24: Never Any Rest

A few days have passed since the Fluttershy and Miguel incident. We have slowly been moving on from it, and focusing on keeping alive ourselves. Luckily, we seem to be working much more as a single unit: scavenging, cooking, cleaning, fighting – we are all working on the same page and I love it. AJ and Pinkie have become awesome cooks for the group, Twilight has helped keep things organized and remains the leader for the girls, and Dash has become quite the scavenger as of late.

Though not all has been perfect – Mig and Beans have gotten a little reckless lately and going on random late night scavenges or drives. I’ve been trying my best to stop them but they just want to go out for shits and giggles. At least every time they come back they come with a good amount of food or ammo, but it’s still risky going out late and I really don’t like it.
But, like I said, it’s nice seeing us all work together. Us all being on the same page increases out chances for survival, and that’s all that matters.

Anyway it’s early in the afternoon, and I feel like going out on a scavenging run.

“Hey, anyone wanna join me on a scavenging run? I’m feeling kinda bored and could use some fresh air.”

“Yeah sure I’ll join ya, I’m hungry!” Beans shouts as he jumps off the couch he was napping on.

“Cool, anyone else?” I ask no one in particular as everyone was doing something throughout the house.

“Yeah, me! Lemme come!” Dash said as she ran up to me with those awesome eyes of hers.

“Yeah sure, you can join us, Dashie. You and Beans get ready, I wanna scout a lot of places today.” I tell her and Beans, they nod and go grab their gear. “Everyone behave while we’re gone, I don’t wanna see the damn place up in flames when we come back. Understood, Pancho?” I give him a grin as he is downing some soup.

“Hey! I resent that!” he points and give me the finger. I just laugh as I turn around towards the door.

“See ya guys later! Xoch is in charge while I’m gone!” God I hope I don’t regret that decision, that psycho-woman.

Once Rainbow, Beans and I get in the car I try to think where we should go first. I knew of a few neighborhoods close by we haven’t hit.

Meanwhile, Beans decided to take control of the music (A/N: MUSIC TAKES YOU OFF PAGE) for the ride. Ahhh the old days of partying and getting drunk, I miss those days.

“So what’s the plan, Mateo?” Beans asked me as he bobbed his head to the music.

“I figured we could hit the neighborhood by our old elementary, we haven’t that place yet.”

“Wait, Matt, you sure? We haven’t been there since…”

“Since day 1, I know. But we have to look past it and grab a hold of all the things we can get – it’s just ripe for the picking and you know it.”

“Hey, uuhh,” Dash finally spoke up for the first time in the car ride “,what place are we talking about exactly? I’m lost.”

“My neighborhood, the houses surrounding my old house before the zombies hit.” I simply stated without much emotion, in a very matter of fact manner.

We drove up to a house on a corner, and just looking at it in the car gave me a very eerie feeling. The house used to be owned by an old friend of mine. I wonder what happened to him…

We got out and walked up to the busted door. The house used to be very nice, a pretty garden in front with who knows how many types of flowers, a white picket fence, and a very modest house overall. But now, all those flowers have wilted and been trampled, windows broken, the fence has been knocked down and lost most of it’s color, same for the house paint.

We walked in and the house was pitch black inside. Curtains covered the windows so we could hardly see a thing.

“Beans tear off those curtains, we need to see.” I commanded. He nodded and began to tear off curtains. Dash and I walked the downstairs part of the house, flashlights and knives in our hands, ready for anything.

“GAH FUCK ME.”

“BEANS!” Dash and I run over to the living room and see Beans under a zombie.

“God damn piece of shit…” he grunted as he held the zombie by the neck, just inches from his face, blood dripping from its mouth.

“I’m comin!” I run up to the scuffle and stab the zombie right through its temple, the body effectively going limp.

“Shit, warn me next time! I got its guts all over me!”

“Bitch you woulda got messy anyways, stop being a bitch.” I snap back as I help him up, he gave me a pat on the back.

“Glad you got my back, man.” He says smiling, resting his hand on my shoulders.

“Always, brudda.”

Rainbow just kept an eye out for any unwelcome visitors as Beans and I had our bro moment. Hey, we’re allowed to have one once in a while! We’ve been best friends since we were five, kinda hard to imagine life without this fool.

“Uhh, guys, hate to break this up, but we got work to do.” Rainbow interrupted. She was right.

“Yeah, the bottom story clear?” I ask Rainbow. She nodded. “Awesome. Lets head upstairs.”

We went on and cleared the house. No problem. Onto the next.

*ring ring*

“Yeah wassup Xoch? All ok?...

SHE IS!? How is she? Is she ok? How is she responding? Need us there?

Ok, be there soon.”

“What was that all about?” Rainbow asked as we were about to enter our next house.

“Rarity is up! She isn’t liking how she looks right now, but she’s up and alert.” I respond as I walk towards the car, Beans and Rainbow following me.

“Really!? That’s awesome! Do you *cough cough*know if she *cough* is gonna be 100% *cough* soon?” Beans asked, coughing up a lung all of a sudden.

“Yeah, she should be. Will you? You don’t sound good man.”

“Yeah I’m fine, let’s just get back home, ok?” I nod and we drive back home with little findings from our search.


We get back to the house and walk in to see Rarity sitting on the couch downstairs. AJ some soup and the rest of the girls crowded around her, she was crying her eyes out. Xoch walked up to me and told me that Rarity woke up screaming – apparently waking up in a blood soaked room isn’t the best thing to wake up to, we should've learned our lesson already from Mig, but nope. But she asked a lot of questions eventually leading to learning about Fluttershy.

I walked up to Rarity to try to comfort her, but it was hard, she was a total wreck. She looked horrible, her hair was still messed up from the explosion, nor had her skin healed fully, and it was still pretty raw and sensitive. When she looked up at me, I could see her eyes were swollen red from the crying, she was in pure misery. But what was misery turned to pure rage and hatred, and soon I almost feared those eyes that were looking up at me.

“YOU.” She shouted in a raspy, anger-filled voice. “This is all your fault mister!” She got up and poked me in the chest as she said that. She was pissed, and I became confused.

“My fault? What did I do?” I didn’t really try to insinuate anything, I just figured this was a way for her to vent out her feelings, so I let her lash out.

“It’s your fault Fluttershy died here! If you had done a better job protecting us, and if you knew what you were doing, maybe she might still be here! You could have saved her! You could have done something! Instead you just let those hooligans get away with killing the kindest pony we all know!” Her voice steadily raised as she continued yelling at me. “Better defenses, better leading, better everything! You are a horrible leader and everyone here is lucky to be alive with you in charge!”

Ouch. I know she’s pretty shook up about Fluttershy, but damn. That, that got to me a bit.

“I’m, I’m sorry you feel that way Rarity, but I don’t claim to be a perfect leader. I’m learning as I go, this is a situation I haven’t really fully prepared for.” Was the only defense I put up, again figuring I’d let her win the argument.

“SORRY!? Sorry is all you have to say!? Sorry isn’t going to bring our precious Fluttershy back, it won’t keep us safe, it won’t get us back home!” Rarity was steaming at this point.

“Hey Rarity *cough cough* listen…” Beans stepped in at this point. “You may think he’s *cough cough* a bad leader, but I think *cough* I speak *cough* for the rest of us when *cough cough* I say… that…” and just like that he collapsed in front of us all.

“BEANS”

Author's Note:

Soooo as my apology present for lagging it on chapters, here's two back to back! Enjoy!! :D

Comments ( 14 )

So he is sick:pinkiesick: whats hapening? Is he turning into:fluttercry: a zombie?:raritydespair::raritycry:I hope not please dont make him be a z:fluttercry:ombie:fluttercry: also first coment:scootangel:

Give us three chapters
And an appearance of the CMC

2677134 An illness developing symptoms that fast? Sorry flash, Beans is going zed.

Or maybe he so fucking strong willed he only gets the appearance of a zed...

2677134 Don't say the zed word.

MORE, WE DEMAND MORE :flutterrage:

Um, if that's okay with you :fluttershysad:

I miss this story...

Always imagined if the ponies became human and had to use guns to defend themselves, joined an army or anything, then the picture describes the classes pretty well:
Personally I'd pick the following classes for them:

Twilight: Leader, (duh, magic ftw).

Rainbow Dash: Point man, scout. (Smg's, fast runner)

Applejack: Rifleman, assault. (Rifles and shotguns).

Rarity: Sniper, like in the picture. (Precision, she does have a good eye).

Fluttershy: Medic. (also kind of obvious, uses just pistols/handguns, automatic and semi-automatic)

Pinkie: Supporter, heavy assault. (in the picture she carries a Chainsaw, adds to the survivor effect, but I can also see her with LMG's like a m249, PKM, HK23E or a mini gun)

Will there be more soon? It has been two years.

I may have interest in continuing the story if the author might not, haven't finished one of my stories I got in mind, but it needs a storyboard layout. That I have not got the time for yet. Due the fact I am sorta busy and somewhat forgetful with short-term memory loss. Up to you guys if you want me to try give it a shot! :rainbowdetermined2:

6401688 I'm game, I loved this fic

Login or register to comment