• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,830 Views, 130 Comments

A New World, a New Terror - TroWolf15



Zombies have taken over. I care for my friends, but pressure mounts when 6 girls show up.

  • ...
12
 130
 1,830

Chapter 2: Surprise!

“Wait, Matt, help!!” I heard the girl scream in the distance, I wanted to run over as fast as I could. But too many of these fucking zombies surrounded me. I couldn’t go back. But I had to – I loved her.

“What kind of dream was that!?” I blurted out as I suddenly shot out of bed, sweat covering my body, breathing heavily. I couldn’t explain it. Was it some sort of vision of the past? No… Nothing like that happened, maybe the future? Ugh, whatever it is it needs to stop. I’ve been having the same dream for about a week now and it’s starting to get old.

I reluctantly got out of bed and put some clothes on, but not my full gear. I also only grabbed my .32, feelin content with our safety at the moment.

I come downstairs and find everyone eating.

“Morning everyone, what time is it?

“Noon you lazy butt.” Miles deadpanned.

“Shit really!?” I never sleep in that late, I’m almost always up at 6 or 7am, so why noon? Things just don’t feel right apparently. “I got to get to work scavenging then, who wants to join me today?” I was always scavenging the area for whatever I could find. Food, water, ammo, clothes, you name it, I was looking for it. And especially after last night, I didn’t want to go alone.

“I’LL GO! PICK ME!” Mig enthusiastically raised his hand and jumped in his chair.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at his childish spirit, even in the midst of all this chaos and death.

“Yeah I choose you Mig, get your stuff ready. We’ll leave in 15.” He nods as he gets up and cleans his bowl of cereal, and I run upstairs to get my full gear on. Despite the recent events, I felt like things could go well today, a turnaround if you will.
I’m waiting for Mig to get outside, and I’m quickly getting impatient.

“C’mon you lazy asshole! The car’s runnin!” I screamed as I honked the horn of the car. Soon enough he came running outside in his metal gear, brass knuckles and machete. Mig’s a close combat guy, and likes it up close and personal. Why? Hell if I know, he just likes it. I guess cause he is a boxer and is comfortable in that situation. Hey, if it keeps you alive I say do it.

So we head out, searching nearby houses for anything we can find. We took the white van today, thinking we might get lucky.

“So Cuz, what’s up? You aren’t acting yourself.” Miguel, obviously still thinking about last night, asked.
I took a deep sigh and was silent, deep in thought for a moment.

“It’s hard to say. I question what would happen to you all if I died? I mean, we all run off of each other, and if one is gone? The whole operation would fall apart. The same could be said with any of you!” I could feel the hot tears running down my cheeks. Crap.

“Hey, listen Cuz,” Mig puts his hand on my shoulder, “nothing is going to happen to you. You’re the most badass dude of us all! You’re the reason we are alive right now and not a bone meal! No way a zombie gets you! And about us, I know you could carry on the whole thing without one of us. But that won’t happen either, because we are bonded by friendship, nothing will break us apart.”

“Dammit it, you always know what to say don’t ya?” I say, not practically crying like a baby from all the emotion.

“Yeah, I guess I-“

HEEELLLLLPPPP

I bring the van to a grinding halt, and look around.

“You heard that right Mig?”

“Sure did, da funk was that?”

AAHHHH. SOMEONE HELP US!”

“Sounds like some people are in deep shit, down to go find ‘em and be heroes?” I said with a slight grin

“Oh you know it Cuz!” Mig was ecstatic about helping someone.

So was I.

We drive over to where we heard the screams, and sure enough, we see about a dozen or so Zombies attacking a house. The doors were closed, and we saw some people up in the 2nd story window looking out.

“Hey girls, something else is here. It’s bigger than the rest!” a girl with a raspy voice said as I overheard her from the car. I didn’t know if they were talking about us or something different. I did a quick survey and found nothing but Zombies, but I tossed the comment aside for the moment.

“Alight Mig, you know what to do. Stay sharp, and take the left side. I got the right.”

“Ohhh yea, you got it Cuz” I could hear the anticipation in Mig’s voice. I was ready for some revenge for last night, I needed a good release.

And oh boy did I get one.

I came running out, screaming, and with my Rambo knife in hand. I quickly got one in the back of the head before it turned, and then got one on the side. But now they noticed me, so now was the time to back up a bit. I smiled as I brought out my shotty, and had my way with them.

*click click*

“Ahhh, music to my ears” I calmly said as I shot one Zombie in the head, causing it to explode everywhere, with the body collapsing soon after.

“Boo ya mother-fucker” I quietly said as I cocked the death machine once more.

*BOOM!*

It was loud and it was sexy, the sound of my gun firing, the sound of a skull exploding into tiny little pieces. I know, I’m kinda fucked up in the head. But I have an excuse cause I’m in the zombie apocalypse, right?

Whatever, as I took out the 4th zombie with my shotty, I looked over to Mig as he punched the last zombie in the skull, and causing it to topple over. He quickly jumped on it and beat the living (?) shit out of it.

“Alright Mig it’s done, let’s get inside” I said with confidence, cocking my shotgun once more.

I run inside with Mig behind me; thank god for daylight, I could actually see inside for once.

I see another zombie, and without thinking I shoot its brains out.

“JEEZZZ that thing got PWNED!!” Mig quickly said as he watching the zombie collapse. We were like two kids at a candy store right now, releasing our anger and frustration on these things.

We get upstairs to find one last zombie clawing at a closed door. The door we assumed the girls were at.

“Ok, place your bet. These girls hot or not?” I say chuckling as we get to the last zombie.

“Ummm, one Kit Kat says they are hot!” Mig says, pondering his bet to see if it was a good one.

“Ok you’re on. I want it unwrapped this time though” I say smiling at Mig.

“Hey it wasn’t my fault Pancho got to it before you did. You were just too slow getting to it!” Mig said defensively.

“Whatever. Just finish this thing will ya?” pointing towards the zombie. Mig nods as he grabs his machete, and with a quick swoop chops its head off.

“Good, now lets see who gets the chocolate deliciousness.” I say, trying to open the door. Then I realized it was locked – d’oh.

“Hey, it’s all clear out here. You’re safe to come out. We won’t hurt you we promise, we heard you screaming for help so we came to help” I say knocking on the door.

Silence.

“Is anybody in there? Hello?” I’m beginning to question if they were safe in there at all.

“HEY PEOPLE!” Mig shouts, slamming on the door “WE JUST SAVED YOUR ASSES. HOW BOUT A THANKS? OR A KISS? OR BOTH!?” We both laugh.

“If I win this bet you can get all the kisses” I whisper to Mig

“And I will get all of them if I win” He responds.

“Da hell that isn’t fair! You-“ The door unlocks and slowly opens.

What I saw in front of me nearly made me want to pass out.

Oh wait, I did.


Author's note: I don't know how this will be received. So I guess tell me if you want this to keep going or not. Thanks!