• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,830 Views, 130 Comments

A New World, a New Terror - TroWolf15



Zombies have taken over. I care for my friends, but pressure mounts when 6 girls show up.

  • ...
12
 130
 1,830

Chapter 19: Clensing

A/N: So I decided to say "Fuck sleep!" And pump out another chapter for y'all! Another interesting one to write.
Either way, enjoy the chapter! As always, please rate and leave your thoughts! Any inputs on my writing would be greatly appreciated!

I unlocked the door and started to make my way downstairs. I stopped to looked back at Rainbow and Beans, only to see them staring at me.

“C’mon guys, we all need to go down there. We all were a part of it, and we all need to be there to break it to the group.” I said, holding back my tears, stopping myself from breaking down right there.

I need to be strong for everyone. I just know it’ll be hard for everyone, and we need a pillar to keep us going. I don’t know who else would or can, so I have to be, at least for now.

We all walked downstairs together, slow, and in step. We came downstairs to find everyone sitting on the couches in the living room.

We all walked in front of them all, and we just stood in silence. I couldn’t figure out the right way to put it.

“Everyone. That was a hard fought battle. We all put our lives on the line to protect each other, and I think many of us if not all of us would sacrifice our lives if it meant the safety of this group, no, this family.” Everyone’s gaze was fixed upon me, and I could feel it. It just made everything so much harder. I was shaking at the thought of telling them the news, I felt like I could throw up.

“And I try my best to watch over you guys. We all watch over each other, we love each other. I love you all so much, so very very much. And when one of us dies, a part of me dies.” Everyone began to look nervous as I said this.

“Matt what do you mean by all this, we all survived…. Right?” Shadow asked.

I just stood in silence.

“Matt?” Twilight tried to get my attention.

“I can’t find any easy way to put this. You all heard that single gunshot after we ran upstairs right?” and everyone nodded.
“One of those damn bastards snuck in through the second story somehow.” Everyone gasped at hearing this. “And he held Fluttershy hostage. He held her at gunpoint, blaming all of us for the death of his friends.”

I could see Twilight, Applejack and Pinkie all tearing up at hearing Fluttershy getting threatened. God I wish she only got threatened or beaten. God I wish.

“He wanted revenge. That single shot? It was that man shooting Fluttershy.”

And with that everyone else went stone solid. You could hear the dust hitting the floor it was so quiet.

“… And he killed her.” I just looked down, tears rolling down my cheeks and falling to the floor. My whole body was still shaking. All of a sudden the girls all started crying, hysterically crying. I think Pinkie took it the hardest.

“Matt, please tell me you’re kidding, please for the love of Celestia tell me this is some cruel joke.” Twilight begged me.

“I wish it were. I wish I was playing some horrible joke.” I collapsed to the ground on my knees, my head buried in my hands. I couldn’t hold it back anymore. I finally gave in to my emotions. I started sobbing uncontrollably.

“I’m sorry. I tried my best to save her, I really did. I was thinking of a plan to get her out of his control, anything to keep her safe, to keep us all safe. But he acted too quickly for me to do something. I’m sorry to you all. I’m sorry to you girls, losing one of your best friends. I’m just sorry to Fluttershy. She didn’t deserve to die like that. And I could’ve saved her, but I didn’t! I’m a fucking failure!!”

“Where… Where is she now?” asked Twilight, in between her sobs.

“She’s upstairs. We have her wrapped up. We are going to bury her in the back. It’s where we decided we would bury our dead, our loved ones.” Beans responded for me.

“Wait, isn’t she… isn’t she going to turn into… into.. one of…those….things?” Pinkie asked.

“No. Because of where she was shot, that won’t happen.” Beans again said in my stead, as I was still a wreck. Thank God he managed to take control while I was, having my moment of weakness.

Everyone was a wreck. We were all just sitting there weeping, mourning the loss of a dear friend. The friendliest of us all, the kindest of us all, the sweetest of us all. The one who wouldn’t harm a fly, even in this world; yet she is the one to be brutally murdered.

My depression soon began to fade. But now, it wasn’t just an empty feeling. It was anger. I was getting pissed. Pissed at those fools who though themselves to be badasses. Who thought they could do anything, who had to kill the innocent one to “get even” when he knew he would die.

That mother fucking asshole.

This whole fucking world, all of it. It’s a piece of motherfucking shit. Every single zombie needs to just fucking die. If they did, this world could become peaceful again. Life would thrive, humanity would thrive. These girls could live a much better, more peaceful, more fulfilling life. We all can.

Us residents can go back to what it once was like, happy. Our lives were relatively ok. I mean, a world without zombies is automatically so much better.

I just want that world back. Not a zombie filled world, but a world of peace and happiness.

I hit my boiling point.

I ran back upstairs, and grabbed my AK. I loaded it on my back and stocked up on ammo. I grabbed my shotgun. I made sure I had plenty of shells to go along with it.

I got my 3 pistols. Two holstered on my belt. One on my left knee.

I holstered my two knives. One on my left shoulder, the other on my right knee.

I tightened my bandana.

I took one last look at the wrapped corpse that once was our Fluttershy. Now lifeless, now motionless. All because of that asshole. All because of these fucking zombies.

They need to dealt with. Just like a rodent problem, they need to be exterminated.

I ran back downstairs and towards the front door, tears still streaming down my face. My shotgun in hand.

“Matt where are you going?” Beans asked me in confusion, seeing me in my full gear, something I almost never do.

“Out. You’re in charge for now.”

Author's Note:

Just like in the last chapter, I was literally shaking while writing it. I was shaking, my breathing got extremely heavy, and I seriously felt myself choke up while writing the beginning of this one. This story is even having an emotion affect on its author as well!!

Which is why I'm working on that new, light-hearted fic. It'll help me keep my emotions balanced, and just give me something different to write. Keep an eye out for it, it will be released soon enough! And I will probably leave a note about it here when I do release it.

Thanks for your support y'all!!