• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,022 Views, 11 Comments

The Missing Bard - Kiniro



Sequel to the Guitarist. Another pony knows the song of Ragnarok, could he be the missing legend?

  • ...
1
 11
 1,022

Chapter 1: A New Life

The Missing Bard

Chapter 1: A New Life

Many months had passed since our victory against Satan Morroc and the banishment of Queen Xellie. A new holiday had been set in Equestria a day dedicated to the victory "Day of the Musician." However the events of my arrival or the battles that had taken place in the throne room had been a kept a guarded secret that none of us were allowed to discuss in public. So to the all us involved and those who were trustworthy enough to know the truth, knew what the holiday was really about, but to the rest of Equestria it was known as a holiday to celebrate the musical talents of ponies everywhere.

My friendships with everypony that day had become much more valuable to me as we all shared the dark secret of what had transpired, even though we tried not to live to much in the past so we let our friendships be judged based on what we did on a day to day basis.

Applejack had given me the opportunity to work at Sweet Apple Acres part time apple bucking and occasionally making a few Lutie Apples for the Apple Clan to give them the strength to complete their harvests much quicker. It was a lot of hard work, but I enjoyed it and it helped me get a few bits here and there.

Even Rarity and I had become closer friends. She had become obsessed with tales of the fashion from my world, even though I knew very little, any piece of information I could give her gave her such abstract and beautiful ideas. She even asked if I could model her designs of human inspired concepts considering I was once human.

Also Fluttershy and I had become better friends, considering she was extremely shy when we first met, but the saying back in my world was "music soothes the soul" and believe it or not this shy pony partook in my music very well, especially for the animals she cared for. So every so often I'd get invited over to play some music, which I didn't mind, it gave me plenty of opportunities to practice.

Rainbow Dash and I had a bit of trouble get along sometimes, not in a bad way, but it was extremely awkward with her. Mostly because the things she loved doing I didn't care for much or couldn't partake of. But recently things had been getting better considering she finally got me to start reading this series of books called "Daring-Do." It was about some pony who was an adventuring archeologist who would try to stop precious relics that were often imbued with ancient powers from falling into the wrong hands. It actually pretty good. But every so often we'd have a hoof race just for the hell of it, so at least things were improving between us, but I was glad that if we ever got in tiff she'd have my back.

Not to mention Pinkie Pie and I had an... interesting relationship to say the least. I knew she meant well most of the times, and her sense of humor was amazing, but her constant partying was a little bit annoying, but like said I'd only feel like that before the party, but once the party got started, I had always changed my mind. Plus she was the type of pony that knew every other pony in town and even if we were traveling, almost guaranteed she knew someone somewhere. But to say the least her heart was in the right place, but she wouldn't stop offering me to join this band that she had formed to play at the parties she had.

Finally, the love of my life. Twilight Sparkle... No matter what I did, I always found myself thinking about her. About how smart she was, how supporting and loving she was. She had been helping me regain my magical prowess these past few months since I became a pony, showing me and explaining how a unicorn focused its magic via concentration. Plus she had gotten me some music lessons with one of her friends in town by the name of Octavia, granted she played the Cello and I played the guitar, but I was pretty much being taught how to play the cello without the bow, and the concept carried over to my guitar. I mean I knew how to still play the guitar, but... to play it with hooves and not hands was the challenge and that's why I was taking lessons. But I remember my first night as a pony with Twilight, she was so excited to have somepony there with her that she loved, that she cared for, and that she found as she called 'handsome'. I had never felt so loved in my life, but I never thought that I'd see Twilight the way I did, the way she was able to...

"Hey Kini! Wake up!" I felt a sudden hoof punch on my shoulder.

"Ow... hey... what was that for!" I responded out and I opened my eyes to see Twilight looking straight at me with a slight smile.

"Did you forget something?" Twilight asked.

"Did I... over sleep again?" I asked.

"Yeah you kinda did" Twilight giggled. "Considering, you were extremely tired from last night. Now wake up silly!" Twilight kissed me.

"Do you mean that we...?" I asked.

"That we did!" Twilight giggled heavily.

"Oh my..." I responded.

"Yeah you finally pulled off that magic spell of levitating objects after a lot of practice and you kept levitating me off the ground to show off!" Twilight laughed. "I never thought that I'd see an earth pony do that! Then again I'm surprised you were able to pull that off considering you're a tad tipsy from the cider AJ brought last night!"

"I guess there's always a first." I said with a big smile.

"There always is! Now get up out of bed! You promised to help me make breakfast for levitating me off the ground!" Twilight said with a wink.

"Alright Twi, I'll be downstairs shortly."

"Don't take to long!" I saw Twilight say as she descend the staircase. No matter the case, she always looked radiant as ever, no matter what she was doing or what she was up to. I was just glad that I was able to stay in Equestria for many reasons, but she was on the top of the list, and I wanted to make sure that she never forgot that.

"Alright Twilight! I love you!" I responded.

End of Chapter 1