• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,022 Views, 11 Comments

The Missing Bard - Kiniro



Sequel to the Guitarist. Another pony knows the song of Ragnarok, could he be the missing legend?

  • ...
1
 11
 1,022

Chapter 17: Thoughts

The Missing Bard

Chapter 17: Thoughts

I finally turned away from the picture of Twilight and myself to stare at the ceiling to gather my thoughts of my sudden realization. Thoughts of Meadow Song's yellow guitar aura and the story which Lightning Strike had told me constantly swirled around in my mind. There had to be a definite connection between the two, and not to mention the arrow firing guitar, and his ability to play Ragnarok. All the evidence was mounting, even the dreams I had been having lately, even had me believing that Meadow Song was Aldo the Bard from Midgard's past. Every piece of doubt I had in my mind, was slowly being eaten away as the seconds rolled on.

"He has to be Aldo... Applejack's theory was right... But who brought him through the void?" I said aloud to help focus my thoughts. "Could have Luna done the same for him before I even arrived and if so why had I not heard of it? I'll just have to wait for a response from Luna from last night's letter." I stared at the ceiling pondering in thought for just a few more moments before turning over to face the window in our bedroom. Only to see the curtains drawn over the window. "Huh... I don't remember closing those before I went to bed..."

I slowly nudged myself over to edge of the bed, and bunching the sheets in the process, especially the one that had been covering me. As I finally finished my trek over to the edge of the bed I slowly placed my two front hooves on the ground and pushed myself of the bed only to land face first on the ground. "Ow... The one thing I still... haven't gotten used to." I muttered to myself. I began to slowly push myself up off the ground when I noticed that the bandages that I had the night prior were gone. "There is no way I can be healed by now." I asked myself as I poked my front left leg with my front right hoof, only to feel it be a little sensitive, but no where as close to the intensity of pain that I felt yesterday when I arrived at the hospital. "Well... at least not fully healed." I stated as I squirmed around and stretched out my back to feel no major pain in my back, just a few sensitive spots, but it was nothing I felt I couldn't handle.

I looked over to the window again eyeing the curtains that had been drawn over it. "I still don't remember closing those last night." I stated as I began to make my way over to the window, trying to be very careful to not cause myself pain as I walked, but finished my short trek my worries were quickly pacified as I had no major pain. "Do all ponies heal this quickly?" I asked myself as I opened the curtains that covered the window, only to be blinded by a bright light and I quickly shielded my eyes with my front right leg "Ah damn it my eyes! Can it be day already?!" I slowly had my eyesight return and I lowered my leg to see that it was daylight out already.

"Wow I can't believe its day already... I wonder what time of day... how long have I been out?" I mentioned to myself aloud. I looked outside the window to see three ponies gathered around and what appeared to be talking. I had recognized one of them, it was the teal unicorn that I had run in when I first arrived in Equestria, Lyra was her name.

These past few months during my stay in Equestria, I had gotten to know her and even become decent friends. She was a very kind pony, very talented in playing a harp, but very devoted in her hobby of researching anthropology. But her hobby of anthropology lead to an awkward obsession about humans. However it made her happy trying to research what she called an ancient species that formerly occupied the world of Equestria god knows how long ago. But sometimes she let it get the better of her even to the point where she would turn into a different pony. I always worried if she ever found out that I was the human she ran into months ago, would she take it well? Or would she go crazy with the thought. "Maybe I'll cross that bridge... just not today." I said aloud to myself.

I pushed open the window with my front right hoof completely open and poked my head out of the window, laying my front legs over the window seal to have my hooves hang out. "Hi Lyra" I shouted. "How are you today?" I asked.

"Oh things could be better Kiniro! I'm just having a conversation with Bon Bon and Colgate about this idea I had for mint chocolate candies that would be good for your teeth!" Lyra shouted back.

"Oh awesome!" I responded.

"Whose the pony up there Lyra? Secret boyfriend?" The blue unicorn said with a female voice.

"Yeah who is that Lyra?" The beige earth pony with a female voice asked.

"Oh I'm sorry how rude of me! Bon Bon, Colgate, that's Kiniro. He's an awesome guitar player and Twilight's special some pony." Lyra responded. "Kiniro this is Colgate" Lyra pointed to the blue unicorn with her left hoof. " And this is Bon Bon." Lyra stated as she finally pointed to the beige earth pony.

"Wow Twilight has a special some pony?" Colgate asked.

"That's a first." Bon Bon responded.

"Yep! I never would have thought myself either." Lyra added in.

"You all know I'm right here." I mentioned as I hung my head low.

"Sorry Kiniro! Anyway I'll talk to you later, I gotta run, we are going to run some errands together so we can get the chocolate mint candy project started!" Lyra shouted.

"Oh... Ok, have fun with your project you three!" I responded.

"Oh oh! Before I forget! Next time I run into you I want to show you this new human relic I found! But anyway for next time we meet! Bye bye!" Lyra commented. The three ponies all waved at me and began to walk off. I gave a cheerful wave of my hoof back at them.

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, enjoying the sunshine and the subtle breeze that was picking up. I closed my eyes for a but a moment to relax. Letting my mind clear of the thoughts of Meadow song, about Ragnarok and of my dreams. The warmth of the day embraced me, and it reminded me all of the beautiful days I had seen here in Equestria, even those that I had seen in Midgard. But even the thought of Midgard now, no longer made me cry, I would always miss my old home, but I no longer mourned my history. I only embraced my new home even more.

I opened my eyes slowly, and I began looking around the town surrounding the library. Seeing the Cutie Mark Crusaders playing around, seeing Big Mac hauling a cart of apples, which I assumed was going to the shop to sell in town, but what really caught my eye was a brown stallion with a brown mane and had a hourglass for a cutie mark. For some reason I had not seen this pony around town before, so I carefully tracked his movements from the window. He walked around town normally as if he was a resident. Finally I tracked him to his final destination where he entered this blue booth looking thing, but the strangest thing was, as soon as he entered it, within seconds the booth disappeared into thin air.

"What the hell was that?" I asked myself. "Did I just... I have to be imagining things..." I stated as I rubbed my eyes with my front hooves. "Maybe I've had a little... too much fresh air..." I pulled myself back inside, pulling the window with my mouth as I stepped back. "Maybe I should go downstairs and check in with Twilight and Spike, let them know I'm awake..." I stated as my stomach rumbled. "And... maybe get something to eat... Maybe my hunger is why I'm seeing things..." I rubbed my eyes with my hooves again.

But as I rubbed my eyes with my hooves, the thoughts of Meadow Song slowly returned. I knew that there was that connection, even my gut was telling me it was the truth but I had to find a way to prove it now. If only I could get his guitar from the Royal Guard.

Even with these worrying thoughts returning to me. The few moments I had without them was a nice break of well deserved peace. For such a long time, I had never had the chance to be normal, even in my world, to just be accepted for who I was, and not be this tool to be used for the bigger picture. So getting this small opportunity felt so foreign to me, but it felt nice. Maybe someday this foreign idea, could become my normal after all this Meadow Song issue was dealt with.

End of Chapter 17.