• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 1,022 Views, 11 Comments

The Missing Bard - Kiniro



Sequel to the Guitarist. Another pony knows the song of Ragnarok, could he be the missing legend?

  • ...
1
 11
 1,022

Bonus Chapter: Escape

The Missing Bard

Bonus Chapter: Escape

Meanwhile at the Royal Guard's Armory in Canterlot...

"Captain? What brings you back home to the old post so early? Aren't you supposed to be on vacation with your dear wife?" Asked a male voice as he took off his golden plated helmet and placed it on a desk.

"I was asked to return by the request of Princess Luna, and she stated it was of the utmost importance. Unfortunately my small vacation with Cadance will have to wait." Another male voice responded.

"Are you sure she will take it well Shining?"

"She knows that me being in the Royal Guard can have me recalled at a moments notice, she's not to thrilled, but she understands."

"I wouldn't be to thrilled about having to return to work immediately after some personal leave."

"I think any Royal Guardspony would think the same way Iron Blade."

"No sir. Anyway Sir, what really brings you back, other than a request of Princess Luna."

"To be honest Iron, its the reason of her request. She instructed me to return to talk to you. Specifically about an incident that happened earlier today."

"Oh dear... about that sir... I swear I had nothing to do about the photographs floating around about your wife..." Responded Iron.

"Wait? What? NO!" Shining Armor cleared his throat. "No Iron, that's not what I'm here for, I'm sure Luna wouldn't have me break away from Cadance for that..."

"So then what is it sir?" Asked Iron.

"Well you tell me? Anything else happen today that was out of the ordinary?"

"Well... there was a strange occurrence and a fight in Canterlot Square earlier today. There I was manning my post with Spearhead up right by the castle's main gate. You know the one right in front of the castle courtyard and garden,"

"Yes I know where the post is Iron. Hmm..."

"Plus we also took some pony into custody today, he's in the backroom being guarded by two of Luna's Guards." Iron stated as he pointed over to the two Lunar Guards standing at attention on the far side of the building, both guarding a lonesome door, one on each side. Both Shining and Iron looked cautiously towards them.

"Luna's Guards? Now why would they be here? Strange that they would be here in a Royal Guard facility."

"I don't know, they showed up roughly an hour ago and relieved me from watching him. I didn't want to argue with them about it, plus they said it was royal business. They showed me a piece of parchment with Celestia's Seal and Luna's signature. Plus you know me... Luna's Guards give me the creeps. Especially those bat winged ponies. I mean I know ponies with pegasus wings, but bat wings of all things!" Iron stated as he shivered.

"Fair enough, but if its those two guards, its really important, those two guards are her elite protectors. Even me, being Captain of the Royal Guard... Well lets just say I wouldn't want to have a tussle with them. But if anything I was requested to come back to Canterlot on Luna's request. Maybe they will know more or know why I'm here." Shining stated as he began to walk over toward the two guarding the door.

"Shining Armor!" The Lunar Guard on the right called out. "We have been expecting you."

"Expecting me?" Shining asked.

"Yes Shining. Luna had informed us of your arrival previously. She has requested us to stand guard and to watch this pony interned here and to allow you access when you arrived to interrogate him."

"Interrogate him? I don't even know why he's here." Shining questioned.

"I would have gladly interrogated him for you had we been given the order sir!" Iron stated to the Lunar Guards as he walked over to Shining's side.

"I respect your enthusiasm Iron." Shining responded.

"As do we, but you were not requested nor have the authority to interrogate him." Both Lunar Guards said in unison.

"Ah well... what do you know." Iron said in a huff. "I'll stay right here Shining, you know, just in case." Iron responded

"Iron... just relax, I'm sure everything will be under control, but if you insist on making yourself useful." Shining Armor stated. "Is that ok with you two?" Shining asked the lunar guards.

Both Lunar guards looked at each other and nodded. "I don't see a problem in that Shining Armor. Just make sure he behaves." The guard on the right responded and then both chuckled lightly.

"Ha-ha... ha." Iron stuck his tongue out at both guards.

"Iron... your in the Royal Guard, and a soldier. Act like it!" Shining repreminded Iron.

"Oh all right..." Iron sat down on the floor. "I'll just wait here then."

"Are you ready to proceed with your interrogation?" Asked the Lunar Guard on the right.

"Well... Not really, but I guess I have to." Shining responded reluctantly. "Is there anything you can at least tell me before I go in there?"

"Considering our orders Shining Armor. All we know is that we are here via Luna's request just as you are, and the information that has us all here. It concerns a letter from Kiniro, Honorary Element of Harmony. The Element of Justice." The Lunar Guard on the right responded.

"Well I'll be damned... He finally did it... glad to see Twily told me...And then she gets upset if I don't tell her something..." Shining muttered. "But a letter from Kiniro? How important was it?"

"As far as we know Shining. Luna instructed us to use force if necessary in subduing this pony we have interned by the name of Meadow Song. He's very dangerous, don't let him deceive you, and last of all, do not let him get close to this..." The Lunar Guard on the right stated then pointed to an acoustic guitar that was propped up right beside the guard.

"Are you serious? Don't let him close to a guitar? Don't make me laugh." Shining Armor chuckled

"Trust me, we both have laughed at the thought, but its Luna's instructions. Please head warning, if they come from the Princess." The Lunar Guard on the left finally spoke out for himself.

"Hmm..." Shining muttered as he stopped laughing. "Very well... let me talk with this... Meadow Song."

"As you wish Shining Armor." Both guards said in unison.

Shining Armor nodded and saluted both guards. "Thank you both." Shining stated as he opened the door and saw a dark brownish orange earth pony with a blond mane, slightly light green eyes, and a guitar for a cutie mark, chained up on all four legs then chained to the wall. "Is this all necessary?" Shining Armor asked.

"Yes Shining, now please proceed with your interrogation." The Lunar Guard on the left requested then closed the door behind Shining Armor.

Shining Armor looked at the chained up pony. "Why are you here?" Shining asked.

"Help me... the voice in my head... told me... SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" The pony yelled and twitched.

"Are you ok?" Shining asked.

"No I'm not... I keep hearing this...NOPE JUST FINE! Everything is fine." The pony stuttered and twitched heavily.

"Whats you're name." Shining questioned.

"My name is Al... Nope my name is Meadow Song, just Meadow Song!" The pony shouted and twitched again.

"Ok... Meadow Song... You don't seem to... be making much sense."

"None of this makes any sen... Of course it does."

"Ugh... look, maybe we need to get you checked into the Equestrian Mental Institution here in Canterlot, and maybe help you out with... uh... that"

"Yes please! I MEAN NO. I'm Fine."

"Uh..."

"Please! Who ever you are! Help me! I don't belong here! Yes I do! I love ponies, ponies everywhere, see I'm a pony, pony, pony, pony." The pony stated as he twitched again. "I need help before I hurt more ponies! Please help me! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

"Hurt who?"

"I hurt this... BLAHHHH... I hurt these two ponies! NO I DIDN'T! DID NOTHING! I heard a name called Twilight Sparkle and I... SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" The pony yelled and spasmed.

"Twily..." Shining Armor muttered to himself. "How do you know my sister?!"

"I don't! I just heard her name and I lost control of myself! UGH! UGGGGGGGGGGGHH AHHHH!" The pony began to yell and his eyes changed from their light green color and changed grey.

"What the... your eyes... they changed!" Shining shouted.

"Ugh... you'd think I would have broken this human's will power by now, even turning him into a pony by now and he still resists, but no matter. He will lose eventually..." The pony spoke to himself.

"Huh... hu-hu... human?" Shining's questioned with a shocked look.

"Oopsie... looks like I said to much. No matter."

"Who... Who... Who are you?" Shining stuttered, but got no response. The pony began kicking and jolting about as he tugged on the chains that tied him down to the wall. "That won't do you any good, you're stuck here." Shining responded to the actions of the restless pony.

"Let me out... now...." The pony responded.

"Or what?" Shining retorted.

"Or else."

"Or else what?"

The pony took a deep breath and relaxed with a heavy sigh. Closing his eyes, stood completely still and began to hum lightly.

"That's it? You've got to be kidding..." Shining responded with a shameful tone. But the pony began to hum louder and louder. "Whats... that... stop that!" Shining Armor yelled.

The pony stopped humming and opened his eyes. "What? You didn't like my song? What a shame... I thought I would entertain you at the very least, but if that's not your fancy, how about just loud noise?!" The pony shouted and began screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Stop that! Be quiet!" Shining yelled, but the pony would not stop yelling. "Whats happening!" Shining shouted as the entire room began to shake and chains that held the pony down began to vibrate. The screaming was becoming unbearable as it hit higher and higher tones to the point where it began to shake the entire building.

"Whats going on in here?!" One of the Lunar Guards shouted as he pushed the door open. "What the?!" The Lunar Guard shouted as four loud metallic snapping sounds were heard.

The pony stopped suddenly stopped screaming and slowly muttered in a raspy voice."Freedom..." He looked up at Shining Armor only making eye contact for a moment and then bolted towards the door. Both Lunar Guards quickly rushed into the backroom to stop the mysterious pony from escaping.

"Stop now! Refrain at once!" Shining shouted.

"Refrain?! Of chorus I will!" The pony shouted out, as ice began forming around the hooves of the Lunar Guards and Shining.

"What the..." Shining Armor shouted and was suddenly silenced, as he and the guards was frozen in ice.

"The... hell... The hell did you do!?" Iron Blade shouted out. "If you hurt them! I'll kill you!" Iron Blade shouted as he began to charge toward the escaping pony.

"Now now, if you kill me, all my music would decompose with me!" The pony shouted, stopping Iron Blade in his tracks as he froze in a block of ice. "Simpletons...shame I can't use that scream more often. It just drains my energy..." The pony walked over to where his guitar laid propped up. He reached out for his guitar with his hoof and quickly swung it over his back. "Now where do I go?" The pony asked himself as he headed toward the building exit.

The pony had made it to the door and slowly opened the it, to see a grey walled eye'd Pegasus with a blonde mane standing in the doorway wearing a mail carrier's hat and satchel bag. "Hi there! Derpy Hooves Equestrian Postal Service! Is Shining Armor in? He's got a letter from his sister Twilight Sparkle from Ponyville!" The mail mare stated.

"So that's where she is..." The pony commented as he stormed off out into the night.

"What a strange pony... and everyone is always calling me weird." Derpy commented and walked in side to see the two Lunar Guards, and Iron Blade moaning on the ground shivering. "Ugh... soldiers... Such creeps. Hellllloooo! Shining Armor! You've got mail!"

"I'm... Shining Armor..." Shining Armor moaned from the backroom.

"Ah there you are! You've got mail Shining Armor!" Derpy stated with a smile as she waltzed into the backroom where Shining armor laid on the ground shivering. "Ugh you too... Whats with the Shivering! Never mind... Soldiers... Any who! Here's you're mail!" Derpy stated as she reached into her satchel bag with her snout, pulled out a letter and placed it in front of Shining Armor. "No bad weather, or cravings of muffins shall stop the mail! For the mail stops and always flows! For it..."

"My sister... I have to warn my Sister... Derpy... please... go back to Ponyville and warn my sister and Kiniro..." Shining Armor interrupted and pleaded as he shivered. "Please warn them... its important.... Meadow Song is coming..." The seriousness in Shining's voice came out as he muttered those last words before passing out.

Derpy gasped lightly. "This must be serious... I won't let you down!" Derpy stated and gave an awkward salute and rushed out into the night to deliver her urgent message.

End of Bonus Chapter.