• ...
32
 176
 4,622

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Is it cheating when you’re half and half?

Chapter 20: Is it cheating when you’re half and half?

Jackie looked to Ranko as she worked putting in the new Macintosh Apple Trees. For some reason she was a bit out of it. “Alright everybody, let’s all take a break! Ranko can I talk to you for a moment?” Jackie said then asked. “Um, yeah sure.” Ranko said soon fallowing a bit away into the slowly growing and returning apple groves. “Ranko, is there something on your mind?” Jackie asked gently leaning against a newly planted tree. “Kind of…” Ranko responded pulling out the letter from Kasumi and handed it to Jackie. “Ranko I won’t be reading someone else’s mail.” Jackie said holding up her hand. “Please Jackie, Ranma let me read it.” Ranko said frowning. Jackie sighed and opened the letter reading it over. “So this Kasumi girl’s coming sometime soon. Why’s this bothering you?”

Ranko sighed before looking down. “She’s Ranma’s fiancé, his one true honest to Kami fiancé who he truly loves and… and she might be moving here. I… I may have to move out of the house.” Jackie read the letter again, already knowing who Kasumi/Luna was and who she loved but for Ranko to worry about this… it was understandable. “Ranko is that what’s worrying you so much then why not just suggest to Ranma to expand the house? You both own it don’t you?” Jackie said handing the letter back. “Expand… the house?” Ranko asked thinking it over as she took back the letter, “I’m not too sure we can Jackie but… I’ll talk to him about it.” Jackie nodded at this smiling. “Alright then, anything else you want to get off your mind?” Ranko shook her head no. “No.” Not right now at least. She added in thought. “Well let’s get on back to the field and start putting the last of the Macintosh Trees in then we can all call it quits for the day.” Jackie said leading the way back with Rank slowly following behind.

---

Nabiki sighed as she looked to her computer screen. “You sure you want to sell the house Kasumi? I mean shouldn’t we talk to Akane first about this?” Kasumi sighed from the other end. “I know Nabiki but she hasn’t tried to contact me at all and I’m not sure we even should after what you and Ranma told me.” Kasumi said from her end of the Laptop. Nabiki nodded shivering. “You… may be right. Still… you really want to sell the old house and dojo?” Kasumi closed her eyes and slowly nodded. “Yes. It’s gotten too dangerous here for any of us Nabiki and… I really wanted to move in with Ranma.” Nabiki blinked at this. “What? Why? Aren’t we family? I thought we’d be…” Kasumi sighed at this. “Nabiki… it’s time for us to grow up and… live our own lives. Father… Soun Tendo didn’t want us to have our own lives Nabiki, he wanted us to live for him not ourselves. Now that he’s gone…”

"We're free." Nabiki whispered in amazement. Kasumi nodded overhearing. "Yes Nabiki, we're free. We are no longer need to support father, Soun, or this home any longer. Maybe someday, when Nerima is back to what it was when mother was alive, it will be restored to us but for now… we have to leave it." Nabiki was… impressed. This was a Kasumi that she hadn't seen in a long time. This was a Kasumi that was decisive and wasn't going to be holding herself back any longer. This was the Kasumi that had been missing since the death of their mother. “Very well Kasumi. Do what you need to do. Also…” Nabiki wasn’t sure she wanted to tell Kasumi this but… she deserved to know right? “Kasumi… I need to tell you about Ranma.” Kasumi blinked at this confused. “Is he alright?” Nabiki looked away from her sister then looked back sighing. “First off… do you love him? Really love him?” Kasumi smiled and nodded. “He didn’t give me a ring but… he did ask me to marry him and I did say yes.” Nabiki sighed at this news. “Then this won’t be easy to tell you. Kasumi… he’s seeing a girl here… in his girl form. He’s even gone so far as to make it seem like his female half is his sister. He has the whole town fooled.”

Kasumi gasped at this. “You sure about this Nabiki? I’m sure he has his reasons for making his female half be his sister.” Nabiki sighed and nodded to this. “Okay you have a point there but… what about the other girl?” Kasumi brought a finger to her chin. “I… I’m not sure. He must have his reasons, can’t you… can’t you find out for me. Please?” Nabiki sighed and nodded. “Alright but I’m doing this right sis. I’m going to go right up to him or her and ask him point blank.” Kasumi nodded to this smiling.

---

Nodoka sighed as she watched the ‘twins’ go at it. “Well I love her!” Ranma yelled before spraying himself with the cold water. “And I love Summer!” Ranko said spraying herself with the hot water. “We can’t love two different people since we’re the same person!” Ranma yelled before changing again. “So what?! I love Summer and you’re not going to stop me!” Ranko yelled back grabbing the hot water spray only to be stopped by Nodoka’s hand. “I think you should stop for now Ranko. You have class tomorrow and it’ll give you both some time to calm down.” Ranko opened her mouth to argue but was stopped by Nodoka. “Ranko I know you and your brother are happy and unhappy about this news but… it’s best to talk on it when you’re both willing speak on better terms and when there isn’t any school or work to get to.” Ranko just sighed. “Fine… but this is so not over.” Nodoka sighed as they parted ways and Ranko left to go to bed. After making sure everything was clean and where it needed she left for home but not before giving Ranma and Ranko’s home one last look.

“Oh you two, how I wish you wouldn’t torture yourselves like this.” Nodoka said sighing. “Both of you are so deeply in love with different people I feel as it…” Nodoka closed her eyes not wishing to finish the sentence. “How I wish… Oh how I wish there was some way, anyway, to let you both be with who you love separately.” Sighing she began walking home never knowing that two Equestrian Goddesses had overheard the wish.

---

“Sister, are you sure this is wise?” Luna/Kasumi asked following her to the roof. “I am sure Luna.” Celestia/ Principal Moon replied looking to the moon. “In a few hours our powers will be at their fullest and will allow the two of us to grant one and only one miracle wish. Yet I feel this wish may need help.” Luna looked to her sister, “Help from who Tia?” Celestia paced a bit before nodding. “I believe Cologne will have some water from the Spring of Drowned Twins with her and I feel that Shampoo should be allowed to know our secret as well since her cousin did find us out some time ago.” Luna sighed and nodded agreeing to this. “I think we should add in Nodoka as well.” Celestia said gaining a gasp from Luna before she ran before her. “Tia, are you serious?! We don’t even know if she can be trusted yet!” Celestia sighed looking to her sister. “Luna when you wed Ranma you’ll also be wedding into his family which includes Nodoka, his aunt. Do you truly wish to leave her out of his life for good?”

Luna looked down at this. “Tia… I love Ranma, I really do but… I’m unsure of Nodoka.” Celestia raised her sister’s chin to have her look in her eyes. “Lulu, what has Nodoka done currently to cause this distrust?” Luna blushed at her old foal-hood nickname. “Well… n-nothing. I just. I just don’t Ranma hurt again.” Celestia wrapped her arms around her sister and hugged her. “Oh Luna, I promise nothing will happen to your love and…” Celestia didn’t say any more yet did look away from her sister trying hard to not blush. “Tia?” Luna asked looking to her sister. Celestia turned and looked away from her sister. “Tia, don’t tell me you’ve taken a liking to someone as well.” Luna said looking to the back of her sister. “Well… maybe…” Celestia confessed… slightly. “Who Tia, who is it?” Luna asked only to have her sister walk away. “Tia!” Luna wined soon following.

---

Nodoka sighed as she finally turned onto the street to her current home with Rarity and her little sister Belle when someone stepped out of and ally shocking her. “Principal Moon? Why are you out here so late?” Principal Moon cleared her throat before walking up to her. “I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind joining me for a small bite before turning in.” Principal Moon replied. Nodoka thought on this and nodded, it wasn’t every night you got to enjoy yourself and have time with a new friend. “I would love but where? The Cakes have already closed up for the night.” Principal Moon smiled at this. “I know of a place.” Nodoka nodded and gestured to lead on never noticing the pleasant yet joyful smile and slight blush on her friend’s face. A few minute later they finally arrived at the restaurant named Ukyo’s.

“Why are we going to Ukyo and Octavia’s new restaurant?” Nodoka asked as she followed her newest friend inside. “Because I reserved a table, if that’s alright.” Principal Moon replied as they stepped in. “Welcome to Ukyo’s, oh, Principal Moon, Miss Nodoka, good evening.” Octavia said looking at them somewhat confused. “Good evening Octavia. Are the others here?” Principal Moon asked gaining a nod and a confused look on Nodoka’s face. “Others,” Nodoka asked as Octavia let her to the very back table where to Nodoka’s amazement were Shampoo, Ukyo, Vivian, Cologne and, Nodoka had to blink to make sure she was right, Kasumi was sitting at talking adamantly about something in Mandarin. “Oh, they’ve arrived.” Cologne said finally in English drawing Ukyo, Shampoo, and Kasumi’s attention.

“Miss Moon what’s going on?” Nodoka asked worried. “Calm yourself dear nothing is wrong, other than a much needed talk we felt you should be brought into.” Cologne said smiling. “How so?” Nodoka said taking a seat next to Principal Moon. “First before we start you must know you’re here because we all trust you to keep our most important secret from everyone, including Ranma and Ranko.” Kasumi said carefully. “What do you mean? What secret?” Nodoka asked till Vivian’s hand and hip glowed bringing over through the air a set of desert based pancakes, chocolate and strawberry syrup, a set of glasses, and a large pitcher of apple cider to land on the table with out single clink of a fork and knife hitting against the plates or table. “How…” Nodoka began before Principal Moon held up her hand.

“Nodoka, Shampoo, what your about to be told cannot be told to anyone else. If you do your chance to be a apart of this will sadly be revoked so do you promise to not speak of this to anyone but those we allow?” Kasumi said seriously. “Yes. Principal Moon and everyone here have been very patient and helpful in teaching me that… I don’t want to lose anything. I promise.” Shampoo said in her newly mastered English. “I am not sure what is going on but… you’ve helped me regain the life I’ve been wanting since Ranma was born so… yes. Yes I promise to keep this secret.” Nodoka replied seriously. “Then we have your words on this and will hold them to it.” Kasumi said looking to Principal Moon. Principal Moon nodded and began telling them of who they truly are and what had happened to them including a few demonstrations from Kasumi, Vivian, Octavia, and herself of their magic.

“So all those episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is real?” Nodoka asked floored. “All of those up to season two episode two. Three and after never really happened for us since well…” Kasumi, no, Princess Luna replied. “It’s… hard to take in. Yet… with what you’ve all shown me it… It’s hard to dispute.” Nodoka said looking down. “Thank you. I promise not to tell anyone outside of this town, or to Ranma and Ranko, any of this until you wish me to.” Principal… Princess Celestia nodded to this happily. “Now onto why you’re all here,” Luna said looking to everyone but her sister, “Nodoka we overheard your wish and well my sister and I agreed to fulfill this wish as it would help all of us in a way.” This causes Nodoka to gasp. “What wish Princess Luna?” Ukyo asked curious. “Well… I had wished there was some way, anyway, to let both Ranma and Ranko to be with who they love separately.” Nodoka confessed. “Wait Ranma loves two different people? And he already wants to marry Princess Luna? That two timing…” Ukyo said starting to get mad. “Whoa, whoa, easy Ucchan,” Vivian, no, Miss Scratch said holding up her hands, “Didn’t you hear what she’s been saying. Ranma is Princess Luna fiancé and loves her and Ran-ko is the one that loves and dates Fluttershy. She’s talking about two separate people.”

Ukyo stood up and pointed at her. “Exactly my point Vi; Ranma isn’t two separate people he’s one person!” Everyone stayed silent till Cologne coughed and spoke, “Ukyo, I believe Nodoka is saying that Ranma’s two halves, his male and female selves, are now so separate that they’re now literally two different people in one single body.” Everyone but Celestia and Nodoka blinked at this. “Say that again.” Vinyl asked lowering her shades. “There have been stories in my village of a girl who fell into the Spring of Drown Man and instead of treating it like a curse she began treating it like a brother since she was an only child as well as an orphan. After about half a year both sides began having issues as the male half fell in love with a healer of the village as the female half had grown to love a amazon warrior and yes our village has no issue with two women wedding. Now both had done the impossible, both halves had asked their loves to wed them and of course both said yes. This caused strife between the two and one night during a lunar eclipse both halves had wished to be separate and they not only loved the people they were to wed they loved each other as family. The next day a miracle happened and the two became separated and lived for some time.” Cologne explained fondly. “So what does this this have to do with Ranma?” Ukyo asked before her eyes widened in understanding.

“Yes Ukyo. Ranma AND Ranko are separating. However the details of how the two separated was never explained so such a possibly of happening is sadly nonexistent.” Cologne said sadly. “Not entirely Cologne.” Celestia said smiling. “How so my friend,” Cologne asked looking to her, “unless you’re not telling us something.” Celestia smiled till she nodded to her sister. “Actually Cologne we’re going to tell you now.” Luna said looking to the group, “Tonight is a Lunar Eclipse, a time where my sister and I’s powers are at their fullest allowing us to grant one miracle or one wish, and we fully believe we can do both this night.” Octavia leaned forward at this. “Forgive me my Princesses but how so?” Celestia looked to Cologne. “Cologne do you have any water from the Spring of Drowned Twins?” Cologne thought heavily on this and nodded. “As luck would have it I do my dear friend. Yet why would you need it if I may ask.”

Celestia smiled at this greatly. “My sister and I will make it into Miracle Spring of Drowned Twins. Meaning it will not have the same rulings as the cursed spring’s water.” Luna soon took over at this. “Unlike the cursed water it will not be affected by hot or cold water nor will it cause any change. All it will do is separate someone like Ranma into two separate people.” Everyone was impressed by this. “Once it’s made we would like Nodoka to spray, not pour, this water onto either Ranma or Ranko tonight allowing the two to become separate.” Celestia said smiling gently to Nodoka. “You… sure I can do this?” Nodoka asked doubtful. “I know you can Nodoka.” Celestia said smiling greatly. “Well then, what are we waiting for?” Shampoo said smiling. “Yeah, we got a wish to fulfill!” Ukyo said gaining a slight cheer from everyone before a fit of giggling happened.

---

Nodoka looked to the spray bottle filled with the Miracle Spring of Drowned Twins. It was the only bottle that could be made tonight as it was found out that human bodies can’t handle large amounts of pure solar and lunar magic like Alicorns could. Also it was a onetime deal, once used there was no going back. Looking to Ranko and remembering the argument earlier along with the look on Princess Luna’s face when she spoke of Ranma… it was now or never. “Ranma, Ranko, I hope you will be pleased with this. Don’t hate each for this and please be family to one another.” Nodoka prayed to the princesses. Carefully she began spraying Ranko from head to toe making sure to use every last drop of the liquid till the bottle was fully and completely empty. Carefully she watched for the reaction to occur. A few mere moment later Ranko glowed brightly with pure white light which soon gained a wrapped coil of fire around her which soon separated from her forming a body of pure golden light alongside it’s other half of pure silver light. Nodoka felt chilled while standing on the left side of the room while the right side felt like it was the desert and only by staying in the very center of both was she able to survive both. As soon as the Golden Light took form a great flash of light caused Nodoka to close and cover her eyes and just as fast the flash came is was gone.

Nodoka lowered her arms and looked to the bed. On the right was Ranko, which would need some clothes, and on the left was Ranma who would need to be moved to his own bedroom. Sighing and silently thanking the princesses she got to work moving and prepping the now made twins for the next morning. Once done she decided it would be a better idea to sleep on the pull out guest bed than head back home as tomorrow some needed explaining would need to occur.

---

Ranko sighed as she felt quite warm in her dream of being held by her love Summer as they slowly danced on their reception. Everyone was there happily cheering for them as newly-weds. Summer smiled to Ranko as they slowly leaned towards each other only to… be kissing her pillow as the stupid alarm clock ruined yet another perfect dream. Sighing she reached out from her covers to give untold doom onto the vial evil of the mornings known only as her alarm clock. Finally finding the foul thing by touch she slammed her fist onto it’s greatest weakness, the ever powerful snooze button and sighed hopping to return to the arms of her beloved dream Summer when she groaned as it sounded as if her death blow had missed. Giving the evil thing yet another hit she started to get annoyed as it seemed that the day would not be won with a single blow. Finally awake she looked to her ever faithful enemy and gave it a good hard smack before it finally gave in and died.

Sighing she groaned as she stretched for the day. Dream Summer was nice but sadly nothing beat the real deal. It was just too bad today was Ranma’s day to be out and about. Sighing she grabbed Ranma’s clothes for the morning and headed to her personal shower and began getting ready for Ranma to take over. Sure she had just had a fight with Ranma and did hate not being out to be with her love and friends but she could not blame him as he was her only brother, even if it was just half the time. Finally ready she stepped into the steaming shower only to find… she was still there. The change didn’t happen. Blinking she double checked her math and knew it wasn’t her normal time of the month so… that meant something was wrong. Quickly washing she changed to her own clothes and ran out of her room to speak with Cologne when she slammed into something hard. “Ouch…”

---

Ranma groaned as the stupid alarm clock went off. Well actually it wasn’t stupid as it was in the shape of Spike, Twilight’s faithful assistant. Not wanting to break it he carefully felt for the off switch which was in the shape of a gem. It took him a while but he found it and pressed it with a click. Yawning he sat up and soon noticed something was seriously wrong. For starters he was in his room. Last he remembered, he and Ranko were arguing over Kasumi moving in. Since he didn’t take over after what Ranko yelled at him he should have woken up in Ranko’s shower NOT his bedroom. Worried he decided to skip the morning shower and go see Cologne. After quickly dressing he ran out of the bedroom only to run into something simi-hard. “Oomph!”

“Ouch…” a voice returned. Slowly looking up he slowly began to go into shock, before him was… “R-Ranko?” Ranko looked up shocked to his voice and looked right at him. “R-Ranma?” Both nodded and soon yelled, “Ah!”

---

Nodoka sighed as she heard the twins yell of surprise. She had woken up much earlier and had already prepared some breakfast for only herself and one other just to keep up appearances. Prepping herself she soon ran to the living room and gave a well-timed gasp. “Ranma, Ranko? What… how…” Nodoka never told anyone but she was very good in her old school’s drama club. “That’s what I’d like to know.” The twins said at the same time. “I’ll go call Cologne.” Nodoka replied running to the phone. Moments later Cologne and Shampoo arrived to see what was wrong and to also help keep up Nodoka’s act. “Well what happened?” the twins said soon looking at each other annoyed. “Calm down you two I’m studying your Chi to find out what has happened.” Cologne replied looking at them. “Interesting.” Both looked at her worried. “What is it, and would you stop mirroring me?” Shampoo gave a giggle at this before e Cologne cleared her throat. “It seem my students that you have split fully from one another. You’re no longer bound by the curse.” Ranko soon spoke first. “What do you mean sensei?”

“Well child it’s not well known and I did not wish to get your hopes up at the time but there is a tale in our village I’d like to recite to you before I move on.” Cologne replied. A few minute later both twins were floored. “So let me get this straight,” Ranma said now pacing, “because Ranko and I were separating mentally this lunar eclipse last night caused us to full separate as if it were a honest to kami cure?” Cologne nodded to this. “Yes Ranma, however since I was not sure if such a thing could even happen let alone if a lunar eclipse would ever happen with-in your life time I would have told you of this possible cure yet I did not wish to get your hopes up for nothing.” Ranma and Ranko sighed at this before looking to each other. “Well looks like we have to go with your idea then. No way I’d toss my own blood sister out on the streets.” Ranma replied sighing. “Thank you Ranma, I think. I’ll talk to Jackie and see if she knows anyone good at putting new additions onto a house.” Ranko replied smiling a bit. “Now if you don’t mind I’m heading off to catch up with Summer before classes. Later!”

Ranma sighed and grabbed his own stuff before heading off to class with Shampoo. “Seems it had gone perfectly.” Cologne said to Nodoka inspecting the easily hidden empty squirt bottle from last night. “Yes. However… how they split interests me.” Nodoka confessed confused. “How so dear?” Cologne asked curious. “Well…” Nodoka said going into detail of the separation. “Hmm, this is interesting indeed. I’ll talk to Luna about it and see what she knows of this till then go one as if this is normal for now but don’t act too normal.” Cologne said smiling. “Of course.” Nodoka replied smiling back.

---

Nabiki still couldn’t wrap her mind over it. Both Ranma and Ranko came to school today. She had even gone to the Principal to talk of this worry and found no sighting of Happosai nor her little sister Akane was made before the two became separated. It just didn’t make sense even if what they said was partially true. There was a lunar eclipse last night as she, Sparkle, and Dashie watched it last night. Still it just, made, no, sense! Still… she couldn’t deign the results. Summer and Ranko looked pretty happy together and Ranma did look a lot calmer and happier during their classes. Even Ranko and Ranma’s playing in music class was a lot better than normal. Ranko’s violin solos were better than any concert hall ones and Ranma playing the electric guitar with Vivian was out of this world.

Sighing she set up the video call the moment she got home before work to speak with Kasumi about this new change to their lives. “I’m glad Ranma and Ranko are happy though… you do look quite worried about it.” Kasumi said from her side of the laptop screen. “Well of course. I mean the last time this happened Ranko was taken over by an evil spirit thanks to Happosai botching up the ritual to bind Ranko to him. And you already know that those two would have teamed up somehow.” Nabiki replied drinking her fourth cup of coffee, decaf by Rarity’s suggestion. Rarity… what was it that drew her to her current boss? “True, so how are things with you? Find anyone you like yet?” Kasumi asked causing Nabiki to blush. “Kasumi!”

To be continued

Author's Note:

Hey guys, wanted to get this chapter out before Hearts and Hooves Day but sadly real life and the site itself had sadly delayed this. Oh well, even though it's late, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day everyone! <3

PreviousChapters Next