• ...
32
 176
 4,622

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: The Truth

Chapter 25: The Truth

Ranma, Ranko, Kodachi, Tatewaki, Ryoga, and Nabiki sat before Principal Moon, Kasumi, and Akane. Slamming her hands on the table Nabiki spoke first. “You lied to us!” The three former princesses flinched at this. “We did not lie Nabiki.” Kasumi said carefully. “Oh really, so the seventeen years of my life didn’t include a sister name Kasumi JUST AN ALICORN PRINCESS NAMED LUNA?!” Kasumi/Luna flinched at this and nearly cried. “It’s not her fault Nabiki it was Discord’s.” Akane/Nightmare Moon said seriously. “I don’t care who’s fault it was WE deserve some answers!” Nabiki demanded before Kodachi placed her hand on her shoulder. “Please Nabiki. Let me handle this.” Nabiki frowned at this but… nodded. She was mayor now and since there was no kingdom she had more power than they did, currently.

“My dear princesses, as Nabiki has pointed out, we do deserve some answers, especially about yourselves and this town.” Kodachi said calmly drawing on all her lessons from the former mayor. “That you all do Mayor Kodachi.” Principal Moon/Princess Celestia said also calming down. “Years ago there was an incident in our home world of Equestria. A vile god of Chaos named Discord escaped the imprisonment Luna, you’re now sister Kasumi, and I’s spell causing chaos and disharmony across the lands. I believe we can leave what had happened out as the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 2 episode one would easily explain.” Everyone nodded to this. “As you know when Discord’s magic and the Elements of Harmony’s magic collided it created a sphere. That Sphere sent us here not seal Discord away as the DVD’s show.” Celestia finished looking to Kasumi/Luna.

“The sphere’s mixed magic caused many transformations as well as a teleportation of a pony, namely I, Mayor Kodachi. My sister was sent deeper into this school which was once our castle while I was sent to Japan where I was found and adopted by Soun and our mother.” Kasumi/Luna explained. “Yet if you were in Japan all this time how is it you are now here?” Principal Moon/Celestia sighed at this. “Because I found her Mayor Kodachi, for you see I did so during my studies around the world. It is how I also met Cologne. We were all turned into children or in some cases babies. Those not turned into children adopted and raised those that where here. It is thanks to Lyra and Bonny that we were able to fit in so well in your world. Did you know Lyra has a large store of knowledge concerning humans? For some time we thought you were myths.” The five looked to each other shocked by this news.

“Okay but this does not answer our earlier question.” Mayor Kodachi said getting into her role quite well. “You see Mayor Kodachi,” Kasumi/Luna started only to stop and look to her sister with pleading eyes to take over. “The entire population here was scared of what you humans would do to us if they ever found out whom and what we really were. After some discussion and before I found Luna, we all decided it would be best to not reveal our secret to anyone we did not trust. We also decided it be best to try and learn of your world in secret. So a select few of us began taking human lessons to become teachers, business people, police officers, firemen, and so forth. You must believe me when I say that I only had my people’s best interest at heart.” Celestia/Principal Moon said with a heavy heart. “And when there are those that find out?” Nabiki asked getting a scolding look from Kodachi.

“We reveal our secret to them under the promise they do not tell anyone and if they try our guards will cast a memory erase spell on them letting them only remember their time in this town and not the secret.” Celestia replied before Kasumi/Luna ran out of the room to soon be chased by Ranma. Celestia rose to follow but was stopped by Akane/Nightmare Moon. “Let them be Tia. Let us handle things here.” Celestia sighed and nodded sitting back down to explain what had happened in the past fully.

=+=+=+=

Ranma quickly followed Kasumi/Luna out to a park where she collapsed and found herself caught in strong protective arms. “Kasumi,” Ranma started before Kasumi/Luna pulled away from him. “I’m sorry Ranma. I never meant to keep this from you.” Ranma only wrapped his arms around her and hugged her gently. “Why didn’t you tell me before I left?” Ranma asked gently. “If I did, would you have believed me?” Kasumi/Luna asked frowning. “With everything we’ve been through? Yeah I think I would.” Ranma responded kissing her cheek. Kasumi/Luna purred at the kiss. “I also didn’t want to burden you with even more chaos to your life.” Ranma closed his eyes smiling and shaking his head. “What children we were, at least we’re wiser now.” It was then Kasumi/ Luna pulled away from him crying. “But why do you still love me? I’m an Alicorn Ranma, a Pony. How can you love someone who’s not even human?” Ranma walked up to her again and pulled her into a deep kiss before slowly pulling away. “I still love you because I do. So you’re a pony, an Alicorn Princess at that, that still doesn’t change who you are, a loving, gentle heart that I’ll love forever.”

Kasumi/Luna leaned into Ranma crying happily. “Forever is a long time Ranma. You sure you can live with that?” Ranma’s only response was to bring his loved head up to his and kiss her passionately on the lips.

=+=+=+=

After a long discussion everyone left to sleep for the night as well as to speak with the people they knew about this news. “So… where are you guys going?” Ranko asked as they left Celestia’s home. “I believe my brother and I will retire to the Mayor’s office for the night. I have some paperwork as well as history to read up on.” Kodachi said before turning to her brother. “I believe I will be with Meruna this night. I wish to speak with her before the dawn. What of you Ryoga?” Tatewaki said looking to his current friend. “I-I’ll be returning to the farm. I… I need to speak with the Apples.” Ryoga responded sadly. He truly loved Jackie and… pony or not he had to let her know that. “Rarity’s place for me,” Nabiki said tiredly, “I want to talk to her as well.” Ranko sighed at this. “I’ll be with mom since it looks like Ranma will be with Luna tonight.”

“Very well, let us meet in the mayor’s office tomorrow to talk together. I can set us an appointment.” Kodachi said smiling at her dearest friends. Everyone agreed to this smiling and waving. Only Ryoga didn’t go anywhere as Kodachi stopped him for a bit. “Please tell Jackie I said hello and that I hope she’ll bring some of her apple pie with her tomorrow. And be good to her Ryoga. She’s my best friend and I won’t tolerate seeing her heart broken.” She said to him seriously before smiling. “Yes ma’am. I’ll let her know, night.” Ryoga said walking with Ranko towards the outside of town. “What a crazy day.” Ranko said as they walked. “Yeah it was.” Ryoga replied as they walked. “So… you really love her don’t you?” Ranko observed causing Ryoga to stop abruptly. “H-how did you?” Ranko giggled at this. “It was pretty obvious when Jackie would bring her hat down or you’d blush whenever she agreed with you or was near you.”

Ryoga blinked at this. “I was that obvious?” Ranko nodded at this causing Ryoga to face-palmed while Ranko laughed, “Not funny Ranko.” Ranko soon slowly stopped and looked to Ryoga apologetically. “You’re right, sorry.” They soon returned to their walk before Ryoga spoke, “What about you and Fluttershy?” Ranko sighed at this. “I’m like you. I love her Ryoga and pony or not… I’ll always love her.” Ryoga nodded to this. “So why not tell her tonight?” Ranko blushed at this. “I don’t want to interrupt her sleep.” Ryoga nodded to this. “Still, she could be at the Apple’s and waiting for you.” Ranko only blushed at this. “Well… it’s worth a look.” Ryoga nodded and gave his friend a quick shoulder hug before continuing their walk to the Apple’s farm house.

=+=+=+=

Tatewaki sighed as he looked at his home. His home, not his father’s, not his ancestors, his home, a home he bought on his own, a home he cleans and tends to himself, a home where he and his sister can finally be normal. Yet did he deserve it? Did he deserve such a peaceful life without the insanity his father was trying to force into him and his sister? After everything he had been through… yes. Yes he deserved such a home, such a life, without the Kuno name or its legacy. Here he had the medical help he needed to clear his mind of his father’s influence. Here he had real friends not people he bullied or forced into becoming his friend. Here… he had love and someone to share that love.

Yet now the insanity had returned but not in the form of his father or a clan name or worse a Kendo-Ken. No, it was in a town secret, a closely guarded secret that he, his sister, and his friends stumbled into. Now what was he to do? Did Meruna even know the town’s secret? Of course she would have, she had lived here since a child why wouldn’t she know her own town’s secret? He hoped so. He… he truly loved her. Yet if she was a pony… no, no it didn’t matter what she was, she is still Meruna and he loved her. Yet for now he needed rest as well as a few items from his house. Then it was back to the Mayor’s office for the night. He just hoped… he was making the right choice.

=+=+=+=

Nabiki just shook her head. “So let me get this straight. Years ago Discord and the Elements created a dome that cause all those here to become young while also sending your sister Luna and the spirit of Nightmare Moon to Nerima where Luna became my sister Kasumi and Nightmare almost became my sister Akane yet didn’t because of a corrupt priest my idiot father allowed into the home. Years later you come to Japan and meet Kasumi and start planning on coming here but still could not return to Equestria without Discord’s chaotic magic. Still searching for him Kasumi fell for Ranma who has a very chaotic life style. One chain of chaotic events later we all end up here with Ranma and Ranko now being our one and only chance to go back to Equestria by using the Hiryu Shoten Ha and the Elements of Harmony, did I miss anything in that?” Principal Moon/Celestia and Akane/Nightmare shook their heads to this. “No that sounded correct.” Nightmare said smiling.

“Oh good…” Nabiki said before snapping, “ARE YOU INSANE?!” Nabiki soon got up and began pacing. “Don’t you even remember how power let along destructive that attack was? And firing it in the very CENTER of town? I take back my earlier question of are you insane and replace it with ‘Do you have a death wish for this town?’ I mean seriously how do we even know this will even work let alone won’t send everyone here in a four to five hundred mile arch into the ocean or worse?” Kodachi gently pulled Nabiki to her seat and patted her shoulder to calm her down. “She does have a point my dear princesses. Ranma and Ranko’s attack is very powerful and not very controllable either. The damage from just that attack could serious harm many others in the process. Also all you have here are theories, estimates, graphs, yet where is the hard evidence that it will work let alone become stable enough to use?” Nightmare and Celestia looked to each other on this before speaking.

“Mayor Kodachi this had been taken into consideration, unknowingly, but it was considered.” Celestia said refilling her tea cup. “How so my dear Celestia,” Kodachi asked cutting off Nabiki’s hot reply, “I’ve never seen Ranma or Ranko use a compact version of the attack so unless you some other plan…” Nightmare smiled at this. “Oh but we do. We’re having my knight train them.” Both Nabiki and Kodachi blinked at this. “You’re… knight?” Nabiki asked. “Yes,” Nightmare said taking a sip of her tea, “Happosai.” Both spat out their tea at this. “You’re going to make HIM your knight?” Nabiki asked coughing. “Along with one other when he’s ready.” Nightmare replied calmly. “Okay… so… how is HE handling this?” Kodachi asked dabbing her lips. “He’s been training Ranma, Ranko, and I in how to fully control our chi,” Nightmare said before putting her cup down becoming serious, “especially the new chi those two have. Ranko’s chi is that of the fire element and burns everything in its path while Ranma’s chi is that of ice which freezes all in its path. I’ve seen what those two can do first hand with just a small touch of their Chi under no control. Hence the reason Happosai has been training them so hard in Chi control. Though Cologne is good at teaching it’s manipulations, it’s Happosai that truly knows how to control its flows.”

Nabiki thought on this and soon agreed. From what she knew Cologne never once showed Ranma how to control his Chi, only how to use it. It was more than likely he had to learn it on his own but now… now he was learning from a pro. “So if they can learn to control the Chi flow…” Kodachi said thinking. “We may be able to return home.” Celestia answered looking to her cup.

=+=+=+=

The next morning Ranma and Ranko confronted Nodoka about what they had learned the night before. “I’m very sorry you two.” Nodoka said at the dining room table. “I had made a promise not to tell anyone and… I didn’t want to lose either of you.” Ranko and Ranma sighed at this and smiled at her. “We know Aunty. It’s just… so many people have been keeping secrets from us for so long…” Ranko began. “We felt constantly betrayed. Genma had been doing this kind of junk for years. Not saying anything till the last minute… until we met the ones we really love. I mean sure it was wrong to not tell us but even I can see the reasoning behind it.” Ranma finished for his twin. “Yes about your loves. Did you…” Nodoka said leaving it off for them to tell her or not. “Kasumi, I mean Luna, and I will be going on a walk around the shopping area soon for furniture before Sis and I have to meet up with Happosai.” Ranma answered smiling happily. “I… still need to see Summer… Fluttershy and let her know that I know and that I… I love her.” Ranko replied nervously.

“I hope things go well for you both and remember you two no matter what I love you both.” Nodoka said hugging both of them which they returned. An hour later Luna arrived to walk with Ranma and soon left for the shopping area while Ranko and Nodoka left to head to work and Summer/Fluttershy’s Cottage. “Aunty, can I ask you something?” Ranko asked as they slowly walked. “Of course Ranko, what do you need?” Nodoka replied smiling pleasantly. “You know I love Fluttershy right? What if… what if she doesn’t want me after I tell her I know what she really is?” Ranko asked nervously. “Ranko,” Nodoka said stopping to look at her, “you love her correct?” Ranko nodded to this. “And does she not love you the saw way back?” Nodoka asked watching her reaction. Ranko thought long and hard on this. From the very first kiss… she had been showing her such compassion, friendship… love. “Yes, yes she does. Thank you Aunty.” Ranko said finally smiling. “You’re welcome dear, now go on and tell the Apples I said hello.” Ranko gave her Aunt one last hug before running off. “Sigh. Young love.” Nodoka said before heading towards her job.

It didn’t take Ranko long to finally arrive at the Apple’s Farm and one of her friends, Jackie or Applejack as she was really known. “Jackie?” Ranko asked shocking her friend. “Oh, howdy Ranko…” Jackie said frowning. “Something wrong Jackie?” Ranko asked walking up to her. “Yes… No… I-I don’t know Ranko I-I’m just so darn confused right now.” Jackie replied leaning again her property’s fence. “Want to talk about it?” Ranko asked leaning against the same fence. For a while Jackie was silent till she finally sighed and looked to the sky. “Ryoga came by. Asked us all for a meeting; thought it was an issue with the farm work but instead it was him telling us that he knew who we really were and how he found out. We weren’t upset about it, concerned yeah but he told us he’d never tell anyone else what knew outside of this town and that he had darn good reason not too either.” Jackie then looked to the ground pulling her hat over her face as well.

“Okay so what’s the problem?” Ranko asked looking to her. “He asked me out.” Jackie said letting her hat drop to the ground a clear blush on her cheeks. “He finally asked?!” Ranko asked excited for her friend. “Well… yeah. I mean yeah I knew we were sweet on each other but… after he found out I thought he’d be wanting me to stay away, not go and ask me out.” Jackie replied looking to her after lifting her hat. “Well… he does love you. Do you love him back?” Ranko observed then asked. “Of course I do Ranko! It’s just… I don’t know… I’m just so confused.” Jackie replied placing her face into her right hand. “I know how you feel Jackie.” Ranko said placing a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “You do?” Jackie asked hopeful. “Well knew would be a much better term.” Ranko said once again leaning against the fence.

“I… I was so nervous when I went to the winter dance with Summer. When we dance I just felt… conflicted… With all that had happened while in Nerima did I really deserve such a life? Did I deserve to be with such a kind hearted person? Then I thought, why not? Haven’t Ranma and suffered enough to have a life of our own? Ranma has Kasumi, Luna sorry, right? Why can’t I have someone to love as well? But something stopped all that and answered all my worries for me.” Ranko said smiling. “What?” Jackie asked needing to know. “Summer’s kiss,” Ranko replied, “as well as she telling me she loved me.” Jackie’s jaw just hung slack till she finally shook her head. “Wish it was so simple for me.” Ranko frowned at this before smiling and looking right at her. “Then stop wishing and do something about it.” Jackie just looked at her. “I mean it,” Ranko said pointing towards the farm house, “just go right up to him and tell him how you really feel. You are the Element of Honesty right? Well then be honest to yourself and tell him.”

Jackie just blinked at this but giggled and shook her head. “Your right Ranko, I am the Element of Honesty. Thanks for reminding me.” She gave her a tight hug before running off towards the farm house but not before yelling back, “You better do the same thing to Shy Ranko! She’ll be expecting you too!” Ranko nodded to this before she jumped over the fence and ran into the grove of trees and towards Fluttershy’s Cottage.

=+=+=+=

Rarity paced her shop as she awaited her crush Nabiki. It had been hours since anyone had seen her and she still had not picked up her cell. “Where is she?” Rarity asked out loud worried. “Where’s who Rarity?” a sleepy voice asked behind her. “Oh Belle, I didn’t hear you wake up. I’ll go make us something to eat.” Rarity replied going to the kitchen. “But who were you waiting for?” Belle asked waking up more. “Nabiki dear, for some reason she hasn’t shown up for work and I can’t seem to get in contact with her.” Rarity replied as she began gathering her items for pancakes, one of the easier and less troublesome dishes she could quickly cook. “Are you worried about her?” Belle asked causing Rarity to stop in her mixing. “I worry about all my friends Belle.” Rarity replied going back to work. “But you always act weird when you’re around her, like Dashie and Sparkle do. Oh, oh, I bet you like her!” Belle said gaining a clatter of a spoon against a bowl as her reply. “Rarity, are you okay?”

Rarity just fell to her knees crying. “Rarity, Rarity, what wrong?!” Belle nearly yelled as she ran over to her older sister. “I-I’m fine Belle I just… just…” Rarity started to say before she pulled Belle into a needed hug. “I do like her Belle. I like her very much and… I’m not sure if she feels the say way.” Belle hugged her sister back leaning into her. She and her friends had tried to bring to people together, Miss Cheerilee and Big Mac, once and it didn’t go to well. However they did learn from their mistake, it was better to help verbally that get involved. “Why don’t you tell her that you really like her?” Belle asked trying to help. “Oh Belle,” Rarity said gently pulling her away from herself, “I want to, I really do. I’m just not sure how and you do know what we truly are. I-I have to follow our laws… unless she can figure this out herself.” It was then that the back door to the kitchen opened. “Sorry I’m late you two I had to… Why are you two on the floor?” Nabiki said walking inside before asking. Rarity and Belle looked up before nodding. “Nabiki let me finish cook and we’ll all talk. I-I have something to tell you.” Rarity said gaining a nod from Nabiki.

After the pancakes where made and eaten Rarity and Nabiki both looked to each other before both saying, “I need to tell you…” Both soon giggled at this. “Please darling go first, I can wait.” Rarity offered. “Thanks,” Nabiki said before sighing, “Rarity, Belle, I know about Coltsville.” This caused both Belle and Rarity to look right at her shocked. “I became so curious about the town’s history I asked Kodachi to let me into the back room and mmm.” Nabiki didn’t get to finish as Rarity had literally leapt over the table and kissed her on the lips. Looks like I don’t need to tell her the rest. Both thought as they kissed.

=+=+=+=

Tatewaki sighed as he awaited his crush Meruna. “Tatewaki, what’s wrong? Why the sudden call?” he heard behind him. “Meruna,” Tatewaki said smiling before pulling out a small bouquet of flowers, “first… these are for you.” Meruna blushed as she took the flowers. She raised them up to her nose to smell them but became shocked as Tatewaki kissed her on the cheek. “I-I know.” Meruna soon dropped the flowers. “No… no you can’t… Please Tatewaki tell me your joking.” Tatewaki shook his head sadly. “Meruna please hear me out.” Meruna shook her head crying. “Meruna, my dear Meruna would you have wanted me to know of Coltsville another way where I… may not have accepted the truth?” Meruna just lowered her head crying before she leapt toward him hugging her as she cried. “Meruna, I love you. I do not care who or what you are I love you for you and you alone. Do you understand?” Tatewaki said gently as he brushed her hair with his free hand. “Do you? If we go back to Equestria…” Meruna started to say before Tatewaki caught her lips in gentle yet loving kiss.

=+=+=+=

Summer sighed as she looked over her small collection of Pony Figures. Especially the ones of her current self as well as how she originally looked. Next to each was her beloved Ranko, in pony form of course, which was dressed in a tuxedo while she was in a dress, though the one of her current self and Ranko was in reverse with Ranko in the dress and she in the tuxedo. She sighed as she thought of her old life back in Equestria, where she was a shy Pegasus with only the girls as her friends. Yet now she wasn’t as shy, okay she was still shy, but now she had many more friends as well as someone to truly love. But there was always this one single worry at the edge of her mind… the secret. She loved Ranko so much she… she wanted to let her know so much but the long wait was just so much to bear she, just wasn’t sure if she could wait that long. It was then her train of thoughts was broken by a knock on her front door. “I-I wonder who that could be.” Carefully she went over to the door and cracked it open only to smile and open it fully to hug her love.

“Hey,” Ranko said giggling, “did you miss me that much?” Summer looked up to her and nodded. “Yes, even a little bit feel like forever.” Summer said blushing. “Can we go inside? I… have something to tell you. Don’t worry it’s nothing bad.” Ranko said hugging Summer closer to herself. “Um sure, please come in.” Summer replied blushing more. They both went inside the cottage where Ranko was amazed with how it looked. It was nothing like the show but still had the same floor plan. It was built in two stories with the top being for the bedroom and upstairs bath while the downstairs was for the kitchen, living room, and work area, mostly for injured pets or other animals. It was also carefully furnished with space in mind as there were many shelves and pet beds where placed about. It was the first time Ranko had ever seen the inside as Summer had always met her outside of the cottage.

“Please, make yourself at home.” Summer said going to the kitchen. “Thank you.” Ranko said carefully sitting down on a couch. “Um, would you like some tea?” Summer asked from the kitchen. “Yes please.” Ranko replied looking the room over till she finally spotted Summer’s collection. “I didn’t know you had so many figures.” Summer came out and looked to her collection blushing bright red. She had forgotten she had them out. “Um yes, I’ve been collecting ever since they first came out.” Summer confessed before putting the tea down. “Oh I see, and thank you, mmm, strawberry tea.” Ranko said sipping her tea. Summer nodded sipping her own tea before looking to Ranko blushing. “So… what was it you needed to tell me?” Ranko sighed before putting her cup down. “Summer… I… I know about Coltsville’s secret. I know that you’re Fluttershy and… and I love you, no matter what.” This caused Summer/Fluttershy to gape before she put her tea down and quickly enveloped Ranko in a hug crying.

“Thank you… thank you…” Summer cried hugging her love. “Shh, it’s okay. It’s all okay.” Ranko said holding her. “I’ve waited so long to tell you Ranko I… I couldn’t hold anymore and was about to tell you against everyone’s wishes and… and…” Summer confessed before she just could say anymore crying happily into Ranko’s shoulder, “I love you.” Ranko lifted her chin up and brushed some of her tears away smiling before giving he a peck on the lips. “I love you too, Fluttershy.”

=+=+=+=

To be Continued

Author's Note:

Well here's another chapter everyone, one more to go. Oh yes the voting from my blog is finally over! All the Nerima characters who are in this story will be given a pony form in the next chapter. What ponies are Nabiki, Shampoo, Cologne, Happosai, Kodachi, and Tatewaki? Well you'll just have to read the next chapter to find out. And a Big thanks to all my participants that acted during all the votes up to this point. Thank you everyone. -Bows-

PreviousChapters Next