• ...
32
 176
 4,623

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: First real day at Celestial Moon High.

Chapter 5: First real day at Celestial Moon High.

Refresher courses, they were refresher courses. He should have known, the classes where a bit too easy for the first week and now the real classes were about to begin for everyone, including himself and his best friend James. “Good morning Ranma.” Ranma turned and smiled at his friend as they made their way to Home Room. “Hey James, man can you believe we had to go through all that stuff for today’s classes?” James sighed and nodded. “Yeah, well at least it helped everyone catch up. I mean just a week and you’re speaking English like you were born into it.” Ranma nodded at this. “Well, unlike my other school this one actually keeps my interests and actually keeps me awake.”

James chuckled at this. “Yep, you went to two of the worse schools in Japan then.” Both laughed at this till Lyra came in. “Settle down everyone, to your seats.” Everyone took a seat and awaited the day’s announcements. “I hope all of you had a pleasant weekend. First of all are a few students that need to go to the front desk or see the Principal. You are not in trouble, you just need to speak with her.” Everyone got nervous at this. Second week of school and the Principal needs you? That wasn’t good. “James, front desk please, you forgot your coat last time you were here.” James nodded and went to leave till… “Ranma, to the Principal please, she needs to speak with you privately.” Ranma gulped and both left to their location. “Ugh, what did I do? I mean I did the paper work and everything.” Ranma said as they walked the halls. “Who knows, maybe it has something to do with your English Classes.” James said patting him on the shoulder. “Yeah well… I hope so. I don’t want to have brand new issues in a brand new school.” Ranma said putting his hands in his pockets. “I hear that. Well, here’s my stop. The Principal is down the hall and the second door on your right.” James said as they arrived at the front desk. “Alright, well catch you math.” Ranma said gaining a nod from his friend. Sighing Ranma made his way down the hall and knocked on the door to the Principal’s office. “Enter.”

Ranma entered into the brightly lit and brightly painted office. “Please take a seat Ranma.” The Principal asked as Ranma sat down. “You’re not in trouble Ranma but I must talk to you about an issue we’re having with your school records.” Ranma gulped at this. He knew this day would come and hoped it wouldn’t for some time. “Now, which school did you go to last in Japan?” The Principal asked kindly taking out some paper and a pen. “Um, well. It’s not a very popular school Principal Moon. And they had many fires there as well, let alone a few…” Ranma stopped as the Principal looked at him. “Ranma, I have a feeling that you did not like your last school at all but I still need your school file from your last school. It’ll have all your medical data so if you get hurt we can hand it to the doctor so they can treat you, past educational history so we can give you the needed help for classes you may need assistance with, and most of all your past scores.” Ranma sighed at this and relented. “I went to Furinkan High School, in Nerima Ward, Japan, Principal Moon.” Ranma instantly looked up at the sound of the pen falling to the desk.

Her jaw was slack and her eyes large as if seeing death before her. “You, you can’t be serious Ranma. Please tell me you can’t be serious about this.” She finally broke out standing up with her hands on the desk. “I am Principal Moon. That was my old high school.” Ranma answered slowly. Principal Moon just sat back into her seat in shock. “I… see… Well this is going to be an issue then.” Ranma raised an eyebrow at this. “I’ll try to explain Ranma. Furinkan is well known as one of the WORSE high schools in the world. Constant low grade point average, increased gang related activities inside and outside of the school, a massive scale of unexplained accidents let alone incidents that can’t be explained by normal means, and worse of all the rumor of one Prince Kuno, most wanted man in America for his past school… history. I’m not only surprised your sane Ranma but you even survived in such a school.” Ranma’s jaw was now the one that was slack. “You’re kidding me. I mean I knew Furinkan was bad but never that bad.” Principal Moon stood and stepped away from her desk. “It’s not bad Ranma, it’s the worse. Getting your paper work will far too much effort for us here to even try to get. I’m afraid we’re at a serious standstill Ranma.” Ranma leaned forward at this. “What do you mean by that Principal?”

Principal Moon pinched the brim of her nose. “It means Ranma I have a very serious choice to make. Either I let you go because of insufficient paperwork or call the local Japanese embassy and try and work something out with them. Till I can make such a choice I’d like you to continue your classes yet don’t tell your fellow students about this.” Ranma nodded at this and went to his math class with a note from the Principal’s office. Unknown to him some else was in the Principal’s office with them, in the shadows, listening. "So you heard Luna?" Luna dropped her shadow cloak spell and nodded sadly. "Will you really let him go sister?" Celestia sighed and sat down. She was now Principal Celestial M. Moon after the magical class, yet even as a human and a teenager at the time she still was able to keep the citizens of Coltsville calm and secret. "I'm not sure I can Luna. Word on the net shows that he's being hunted by not just Kuno but others as well. Sadly I'm afriad there isn't much I can do other than try."

Luna looked down at this then back up to her sister. "Please sister, Kuno has ruined my life before and I do not wish he or the others to do the same!" Celestia blinked at this. "Others? Luna is there something you are not tell me?" Luna turned to hide her blush. "No, no Tia I told you everything." Celestia came and hugged her dear sister. "Luna, since our separation I have missed you dearly and you know I would do anything for you. Do you still feel that you cannot confine in me your worries or of yourself? Please tell me what is wrong sister? Why are you so passionate to help this one human?" Luna leaned into and sighed. We was done running, she was doen being a Tendo, she wanted her life, her control back. Looking up to her sisters she sighed. "I love him Tia. I love Ranma and should we ever return to Equestria I would love to marry him. He has already told me he loves me just the same but I do not wish to hide this from him yet..." Celestia held her sisters chin and brought ups os she can look her in the eye.

Though they were of different ages they where still two slightly different heights. "Yet you feel he would not be ready for such a shock nor such a drastic change to his life." Luna nodded and leaned more into her sister. "If you truly love him I will not stop you from doing so." Luna looked to her sister with awe. "You mean? You'll help him stay here, with us Tia?" Celestia smiled. "I will do even better. I'll grant him a chance for a new life. It will mean some... manipulation on my part but as one of two princesses, I think I can bend my own rules for my dear sister and her love." Luna blushed deeply at this. "I mean only to tease Luna. Now, I'll need some help with this. Would you be so kind as to help me?" Luna smiled and nodded at this. "Good, let us start off with education. If you like you can take the Japanese Embassy while I work on this." Celestia said concentrating on some manipulation. Luna smiled and gave her sister a hug before teleporting to the location of the educational papers and the local police departments.

===

“Now, here we have a problem that would confuse yawl. Who’ll want to take a try at it? Ranma.” Mr. Apple asked pointing to the board. “Oh um, yes sir.” Ranma said regaining his focus. His mind had gone back to worrying about Japan and his old life. Just how were he and Kasumi to continue their lives now? By the end of today he may no longer have an education but… he shook his head and looked to the board. The problem was a new one to him. Two times A minus B plus seven equals eight. Ranma thought it over and soon nodded. “A is two and B is three.” Mr. Apple blinked at this, looked to the board, then back to him smiling. “Explain.” Ranma nodded at this. If the answer is eight and you remove two from it, it becomes six however since you need to times two first to get the first half of the problem than you need to times two by a number lower than eight. Two goes into eight four times so half of that be four so the first half be two times two which be four. Now since the second half would now be four minus blank plus seven equals eight the only answer you need is what equals eight. Seven plus one yet to get one you need to take three from four gaining the answer A2 and B3.” Everyone clapped at this. “Well done Mr. Ranma. Yet let’s try and make it a bit easier now for everyone.” Ranma nodded at this and went back to the lesson.

Once class was over Ranma stayed behind at his desk alongside James. “Ranma, how did you answer that question?” Ranma just shrugged. “Oh. Let me guess something else on your mind?” Ranma sighed and just nodded. “I’ll explain during lunch.” James nodded at this. “Seat’s please.” Mr. Apple called out. Science wasn’t bad at all and was glad to have a teacher who taught something right for once. “Today you’ll going to study vibration.” Everyone just smiled at this, everyone but Ranma that is. “Vibration is what makes yah talk, what make waves, even sound.” Mr. Apple demonstrated the last with a hit on a bell. “Vibration can be used for many things one of which my family’s well known for, shaking down apples.” Ranma nearly laughed at this. “Tis true for those who be laughing’. If yah can get a tree shaken enough those apple come right on out of them trees. That be due to vibration.” Mr. Apple then went into detail on how one could get apples, nut, and even oranges out of a tree with a good enough shake.

It really caught Ranma’s interest at how much knowledge Mr. Apple had about trees and fruit yet when it came down to true science he was a bit laid back. “Well he is a farmer.” James explained to Ranma on their way to Art class. “Yeah but, I never knew there was so many different ways to get an apple out of a tree other and just picking it.” James nodded at this. “Well he is part of the famed Apple Family Farms.” Ranma nodded at this as he took his seat in his art class. The rest of the day went smoothly till lunch which was allowed to be outdoors like normal unless it was raining. The nice lunch was interrupted by well, a coughing fit. “You might what?” James coughed over his lunch, a bowl of vegetable soup. “Lose my education because of Furinkan High. And keep it down, nobody else is supposed to know.” James took a deep drink of his locally made apple juice and sighed and gave a small cough. “I doubt that Ranma. I mean, Principal Moon wouldn’t allow that to happen right? She’s way too nice for that.”

===

On the other side of the courtyard the mane six where once again discussing a previous subject. The clash of magics that had sent them all to Earth. "I'm sure if we find and defeat Discord we should be able to return to Equestria." Twilight said munching on her salad. "Yeah but what if doing so causes us to go to have another clash of magics, what then?" Rainbow asked eating an apple tart. "Well nothing ventured nothing gain I always say dear." Rarity added also eating a salad."But um, what if we can't find Discord or we do beat him and nothing happens? Not that we won't and nothing would happen it just... eep." Fluttershy added soon hiding behind her hair. "Fluttershy we will find him and return to Equestia, it the only logical explanation and solution." Twilight said gently. "But what if we can't go back?" Pinkie asked. No one answered. "Let's change over to a better subject. Like we normally talk about." Applejack suggest as Pinkie ate a cupcake. "Where does she get those thing?" Twilight sighed. "I gave up trying to find out along time ago Jackie. Just explain it as Pinkie being Pinkie. So Rarity any news?" Rarity finished her salad and smiled. "Well a girl doesn't like to gossip but since we need a much better topic, anyone hear the latest news on Kasumi's love intrust?" Every shook their head. "Well dears, as we already know the boy's name is Ranma, he's right over there." She said pointing him out with James. "Unlike our dear friend James there he's fully blooded Japanese and a Martial Artist."

The girls turned back to Rarity after looking Ranma over. "You sure that the same Ranma we've heard about? He don't look like a Martial Artist." Twilight said munching on a tart. "Oh he is Sparkle and much more. He's the heir to his family's art called Anything Goes." Rarity answered. "Come on Rarity give us something we don't already know from Kasumi. Like has he won any events or something." Rainbow added from her spot on the grass. "I was just getting to that Dashie. Apparently he's not the only heir to the Anything Goes. There is this family known as the Tendo's that practice the same style and apparently he's to marry the heir. Or at least he was." All the girls turned their attention to Rarity once again. "Was? What you mean by was? Don't tell me he turned his back on his family." Applejack said angrily. "Sadly he did and for good reason. I looked up Kasumi's name on the net and found she too is a Tendo.Now according to the net he didn't have much of a choice int he marriage dear Jackie. You see he was begin forced to marry against his will to one of multiple girls, including the Heir to the Tendo School." Applejack got up mad. "Why that no good heart stealing..." She stopped before turning back to Rarity, "Wait, you said Forced?"

Rarity nodded and pulled out a set of folded papers from her compact purse. "Take a look yourself. The ones in Blue are the parents, the green ones the girls, and the normal white ones are information on him. Oh yes I also printed this one out. It's a local news story from the town the Tendo's are in." The girls took the papers and looked them over. "Um Rarity why did you color code these?" Twilight asked being the one who normally did this." Rarity smiled to her friend. "I did it so we all wouldn't get confused and knowing you dear you'd have a bit of a fit that they may not be in order." Twilight couldn't argue with that. Sometimes Rarity was just too generous. "Thank you Rarity." Soon the news paper article was pushed before her. "Sugar cube I think you should read this!" Applejack said in shock. Twilight took it and slowly read it over. On tuesday july eighth at ten in the morning a large explosion was heard from the know Nerima Ward of Tokyo Japan. The explosion cmae from the once famed Tendo Dojo where Ranma Saotome was to marry Akane Tendo! Twilight looked up in shock before Applejack pointed out where to read.

Ranma Saotome, well known and respected member of the so called Nerima Wrecking Crew disappeared after this wedding upsetting the Bride Akane Tendo who is well known for causing numerous students of Furikan High school, rated number one on the worse school in the world list, to set out on yet another search party, this time gaining support from school Principal Prince Kuno who reports as best translated as "the student Ranma Saotome will be brought back and be given 'discipline'." "So it just means... wait. Where have I heard Kuno before?" Twilight asked thinking. "From Kasumi dear and this will explain why you remember him." She had handing over the last of the white papers. It was a wanted poster of Prince Kuno! Quickly Twilight turned it over and read the back that had printign on it and nearly lost her lunch. "How could someone do that to a set of students?"

Rainbow soon took the paper and read it with the others gaining the same reaction yet this time with Rainbow tossing the papers and using a napkin to wipe her hands. "That's just messed up!" Pinkie held a trembling Fluttershy who was quite upset about reading the part of his use of a shark to teach a student that could not swim to swim by force. "He's just a bit meany pants!" Pinkie said humphed. "They should really lock him up in a loony bin and toss away the key for good." Applejack added shaking her head and currently using her hat to prevent her own lunch from coming up. The entire back of the poster was filled from tome to bottom with numerous crimes along with multiple abuse accounts. The all turned to give Ranma a a sad look before noticing Miss Cheerily approach Ranma and James.

===

Ranma had to agree with James when it came to Principal Moon. She was just too nice to just let him go because of some stupid file. Still if he did go back to Japan he'd have no choice but to use ever martial art and Ki attack in his arsenal to get him and his love Kasumi back to America and to the very calming town. It really did feel like home here, unlike the Tendo Dojo. It was soon the Elementary Teacher Miss Cheerily walked over to them. “Which one of you is Ranma?” Ranma pointed to himself. “Oh good, the principal wishes to see you after lunch or after school. Lunch would be better. Sorry to interrupt your meal. Oh I hope they still have some of that soup left.” She said walking away with a hungry smile. “Sigh, well looks like this might be our last lunch.” Ranma said quickly draining his own soup. He had to admit, it was almost as if Kasumi made it and well, it was quite good.” James sighed and nodded. “Yeah well… don’t give your hopes up just yet okay Ranma?” Ranma nodded and went right to the Principal’s office.

===

"Hey where's he off too?" Rainbow asked. "Not sure. Think we should follow him?" Rarity asked. The girls nodded and soon got up taking the papers they had with them, except for a currently ripped up one of Prince Kuno that was soon thrown away by an very angry Fluttershy. Using a invisibility spell on her and her friends they followed Ranma through the school only to stop a doorway from Principal Moon's office. "Why is he going to the Princess?" Rainbow asked. "I don't know but if you don't lower your voice he's goign to hear us and so is the Princess." Twilight said quitely. Soon the heard Ranma knock on the door.

===

“Enter.” Ranma heard after he knocked. “Should I go pack my things?” Principal Moon just raised an eyebrow at this. “Why would you wish to do that?” Ranma sat down and sighed. “Because you’re going to let me go; you can’t get my papers from the school and I’m guessing that the Embassy…” Principal Moon smiled and interrupted him. “They will be giving you a new identity.” Ranma continued with the interruption. “Will give me a new identity and… wait what?!” Principal Moon smiled at this. “That’s right Ranma. As soon as the paperwork comes in you’ll have a brand new identity here in America. Apparently word got out that you left Japan and that you’re now being searched for by Principal Kuno himself for ‘discipline’ as they put it. The Embassy sees you as a prime witness against him should he ever return to the United States and so wish to keep you hidden till the right time comes. This means you’ll have everything from an Elementary to current high school education along with new name, paperwork, and whatever else they feel you’ll need. However you will need to do some exams before you can be allowed any free reign in my part of this school.” She said with a teasing smile. Ranma just stared till he smiled and yell happily, “Yes!”

===

The girls smiled at the door as they heard the good news for Kasumi's love. "Well I'd be a rotten apple. The princess is going to help him." Applejack said quietly. "Yeah, he deserves a better life than he had." Rainbow added quietly while smiling. "I hope he's nice." Fluttershy said covering her face with her hair, as she spoke shyly. "Well of course he's nice dear, Princess Celestia would be helping him if he wasn't and let's not forget that Princess Luna fancies him." Rarity added quietly as well. "Why are we whispering and can I throw him a party now?" Pinkie asked quietly. "Pinkie Pie!" the girls shushed. "How about at a later time?" A voice asked behind them. They all quickly turned to see, "Princess Luna!" Luna smiled and looked to Pinkie. "Is this alright?" Pinkie nodded happily at this and hugged the Princess causing her to giggle. "Princess we weren't snooping." Twilight tried to explain. "Do not worry. I will not inform my sister you where here but I agree with you all. He does deserve a much better life than he and I had. Please, when the time comes, do help him adjust to this life." The girls nodded promising silently to help Ranma and their Princess find peace and love, together.

To be continued

PreviousChapters Next