• Published 8th Mar 2021
  • 5,961 Views, 154 Comments

I'm What?! - DanishDash



It was going to be a normal awesome day for our dear Rainbow Dash. Though except she gets some news that turns her entire world upside down. She's pregnant.. And if we look at how-wait what?? O_O

  • ...
13
 154
 5,961

Chapter 2

"I still think this is a waste of time!"

Rainbow grumbled from on top of the examination table. She had been dragged away from a picnic by her friends, who all insisted they needed to visit the doctor.

"Rainbow, you've been acting strange lately, today has been the worst example to date. We're worried about you." Twilight replied, looking up at her with an almost big sister attitude. "We just want to make sure you're okay."

Fluttershy nodded, giving her an almost motherly look. "It's for your own good."

Rainbow just groaned. "Fine, but as soon as the doctor gets back, we're leaving!"

"Darling, I'm sure everything is okay, maybe you've been stung by some magical insect." Rarity suggested, and the others nodded. They all agreed that Rainbow was not acting like herself all the time, and maybe she had something.

Maybe she had been stung, or eaten something she shouldn't. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to make sure they had all the bases covered, and if nothing was wrong, then no harm done. When the door to the room finally opened again, a stoic doctor Horse walked in, levitating a clipboard with his magic. Already Twilight was in his face. "So, what did the tests say, Doctor?"

Doctor Horse sighed, gently pushing the mare aside so he could trot closer to Rainbow and talk to his actual patient. "Well, all the tests you forced me to do told me what I suspected in the first place."

"What?" All the mares asked, though Rainbow sounding more impatient than annoyed.

"Absolutely nothing. Miss Dash is completely healthy, and what she is going through is completely normal for a pregnant mare."

Rainbow smirked. "HAH! I told you guys, I'm completely fi-wait I'M WHAT?!" Her friends also seemed shocked, though they were too shocked to even speak.

"Pregnant, I'm guessing you didn't know that?" The doctor asked, then shrugged when he got no answer. "Well, surprise."

"Wait, no, I can't be pregnant!" Rainbow argued. "I don't even have a coltfriend!"

"Have you had sex in the past three months or so?" The doctor asked.

"Well, yeah, bu-"

"Then that's how you became pregnant." He replied. "Your body doesn't really care if you know your foal's daddy all that well."

A lot of thoughts raced through Rainbow's mind right now. "But.. I need to.. I..." She looked at Doctor Horse, her eyes desperate. "Doctor, what do I do?"

The middle aged stallion sighed. "Well, you do what most responsible mares do your age."

"W-what?"

"You give birth, you feed your foal, play with it, make sure it survives until you can take it to school where it will learn basic stuff. You let it play with other foals, and watch it grow up, and hopefully avoid the same mistakes you made." He explained in a very calm tone, then shrugged. "But as I said, that is what the responsible mares do, and as your doctor, that is the route I recommend you go with." Then he eyed her friends. "I guess the father is not informed of this?"

Rainbow shook her head half absently. "N-no.."

"Alright, well, if you know, or remember his name, you should let him know." Then he turned around. "The nurse will be with you in a minute to inform you of the progression, and the precautions you should take. Good day to you all."

The door was shut behind him, and Rarity did a, "hmph! What a rude doctor!"

"Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy asked carefully as she approached her friend slowly. "Are you alright?"

"NO!" Rainbow exclaimed, her eyes filling with tears. "I'm not alright, Fluttershy!" Looking down at her stomach, she tried to wrap her mind around it all, but it was like she couldn't. "I can't be pregnant! I have things I need to do! I have plans!" It sounded selfish, but she didn't mean for it to sound like that. "I didn't mean for this to happen!"

"Well, what did happen, Rainbow?" Applejack asked, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't know you were seeing some fella?"

"I'm not!" She insisted. "It was just a stupid mistake, that's all!"

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity gasped, her eyes wide. "Did some stallion force himself on y-"

"NO!"

"Then what, darling? Were you drunk?"

"No, well, maybe a little, but not enough to.. Erghhh!" Rainbow felt like screaming, this was all just too much for her. "Just forget about the dad for a minute! I have no idea what to do! Tryouts for the Wonderbolts are next Monday, and I can't show up like this!"

Twilight sighed, looking at her friends, then Rainbow. "I think we should get a hold of your parents, Rainbow, maybe they can-"

"Oh no.." Rainbow gasped, holding her hoof to her head. "What am I going to tell mom? What am I going to tell my dad?!"

Pinkie tried to calm her friend down, she knew right now was perhaps not the time for a party, but maybe she could lighten the mood a little. "I'm sure if you just talk to them, they will be-"

"No no no no no no no no no!" She interrupted. "This is a mistake, I didn't plan on this! I have goals! And now this happens, all because of-!" Rainbow bit her lip, forbidding herself from saying whatever she was about to say. This was all too much, she could feel her tears running down her cheeks, it was all sinking in how much trouble she was in, and how much this would change her life.

"Rainbow.."

Before any of her friends could try and comfort her again, she leapt out the window, and flew off. Thankfully this time the window was open, unlike some other times. About the same time that she had vanished out the window, the door to the room opened, and in trotted nurse Redheart.

"Alrighty, Miss Dash?" She looked around at the five mares, all looking worried and slightly nervous. Redheart sighed. "She jumped out the window, didn't she?" The five mares sighed, and nodded. "She's not the first runner we've had." She took out a pamphlet from her clipboard with her teeth, and gave it to Twilight. "This is just some basic information, tips and warnings, but the best thing would of course be if she came in and talked to one of us."

Twilight nodded, levitating the pamphlet into the picnic basket. "She doesn't seem too thrilled.."

Redheart shrugged. "Well, Doctor Horse told me this wasn't planned, and the father is most likely not aware of the whole situation?" Twilight and the others nodded. "Well, then it must have come as quite a shock I'm sure. The best thing you can do for her is to be there, make sure she doesn't feel like she is alone in all of this. She should talk to her family, and if willing, the father."

"I don't think that will be easy, darling." Rarity said, looking out the window. "She seemed set on not sharing that with us."

Redheart nodded. "Well, in my experience she will need some time to come to terms with the news in the first place. When you do approach her however, sometimes it is good just to listen, and not bombard her with questions, letting her take things at her own pace." Glancing at the clock on the wall, she turned towards the door. "In any case, the best thing for you to do is to be there for her. Now, I have other patients, you have a good day."

Once the five friends left the hospital, they all felt confused and conflicted. Rainbow hadn't hidden anything from them, she was just as shocked, well, even more shocked to find out she was pregnant than they were. However, none of the five friends had any idea who this stallion could be.

"What if the father is Big Mac?" Twilight suggested, but then bit her lip as she noticed Applejack glaring at her.

"My brother would never do something like this.." She stated in almost a scary calm voice.

"Whoever it is, it doesn't sound like anything fishy was going on." Fluttershy added.

Rarity nodded. "Whatever the case, I don't think there has been any wrongdoing. I think Rainbow Dash just had some spontaneous fun, it was not planned, and this unfortunately happened. Rainbow Dash is rightfully, perhaps naively shocked this has happened, but there is nothing to be done about it. We need to be there for our friend."

"Rarity is right," said Twilight. "I don't think anything other than a lack of judgement has happened here. So we need to be there for our friend."

"What about the father?" Pinkie asked.

"He should be informed of this so he can take some darn responsibility!" Applejack declared. "This should not have happened, but it has, and so there is only one right thing to do here!"

"Unfortunately, darling, that is not our decision to make." Rarity reminded her. "This is Rainbow's life, we can't force her to tell us, and we can't make that kind of decision for her."

"What do you mean?" Asked Applejack, sounding upset. "Our friend made a mistake with somepony else, so she should not have to carry that alone. Somepony is responsible for this, and he should be there to share it with Rainbow."

Rarity just rolled her eyes. "We don't know what happened, darling. If we start assuming without knowing, we might do something to worsen the situation."

"But-"

"Enough!" Fluttershy yelled, gaining both mares attention. "Rainbow Dash is upset, confused, and probably scared. Let us take care of her before we start taking care of anything else."

After a moment of silence, Applejack relented. "You're right, Fluttershy. I'm mighty sorry."

"Me too." Rarity agreed.

Pinkie bounced into the middle of the group of friends. "So, what do we do first??"