• Published 7th Mar 2021
  • 469 Views, 2 Comments

Like Father, Like Son - pinkiepiefan448



When Cheese Sandwhich’s secret is revealed, Lil’ Cheese begins to question who he is

  • ...
4
 2
 469

Chapter One

Ponyville was a relatively quiet place, nearly everypony strolled down the street without a care in the world, going about their business. The mail pony Derpy was still hard at work delivering letters. To see fillies in the town would be rare, as nopony really moved to Ponyville anymore. Most of the children who lived in the town during the era of Harmony were grown mares by this point, with no intention of ever having foals. However, there was one colt that the ponies saw each and every day. The name of the foal was Lil Cheese, the child of resident Element Of Harmony, Pinkie Pie. Lil Cheese had a bright yellow coat, and a bright pink mane. The colt strolled through town smiling, and waving at every pony he saw. He was such a little ray of sunshine, that everypony he passed couldn’t help but smile! He didn’t have a cutie mark yet, but had big ambitions.


Lil Cheese saw an elderly mare with a beige coat, and a blue mane with a pink rose streak in it. She walked with her wife, Lyra. Lyra had a lime coat with a lime mane with a white streak in it. “Good Morning” Bon Bon said cheerfully as she and Lyra walked past Lil Cheese “have a good day! Oh and remember to thank your mother for that lovely hearts and hooves day party she threw us!”

“No problem” Cheese shouted back and trotted on. Lil Cheese finally reached his destination, Sweet Apple Acres. There lived his best friend, Lil Mac. The filly had a light purple coat, and a light orange mane. But as Cheese ran he noticed something that hadn’t been there before. On the flank of his best friend was a cutie mark! The mark itself was a Caramel cupcake with a green apple slice on top. Cheese bolted towards his friend, Mac turned around and saw him and smiled but that smile quickly faded. Lil Cheese couldn’t stop himself, and crashed right into Lil Mac! Their heads popped out of a huge pile of apples they had crashed into. They both began to laugh before Cheese stopped and removed a few apples from below Mac. “Woah” Lil Cheese exclaimed “you really do have a cutie mark!”


Lil Mac hopped out of the Apple pile “oh yeah” he replied as Cheese hopped out as well “earlier today, I made this very cupcake” he pointed at his mark “and I gave to Mom and Dad, they said they loved it, a huge flash of light came from my flank, and boom! Cutie Mark!”


“Woah cool!” Lil Cheese remarked “I wish I had a cutie mark” He looked at his blank flank.


Lil Mac tapped his hoof on his chin and looked up, in the same way his Aunty Applejack used to “hmmm” his face lit up “I got it!” He ran inside the barn and Cheese followed. Lil Mac walked into the kitchen and exclaimed “you’re gonna get your cutie mark in baking!” Lil Cheese looked confused. “Okay, let me explain” Lil Mac went on “I got my mark in baking, your father’s mark has a sandwich on it, you mother makes the best cupcakes, and to top it all off cheese is in your name!” It did make sense when he explained it like that.


“Alright” Cheese exclaimed “I’ll do it!” Lil Cheese hopped on a stool and grabbed a cookbook. He began flipping through the book until he got to page 76. “Ah ha!” Cheese exclaimed “cheesecake will be perfect! Now let’s get to work!” Lil Cheese used his mouth to open the cabinet and retrieve a bowl. “Alright let’s see” Lil Cheese said “5 eggs!” Lil Mac opened the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs. He tossed them up to Cheese, and Cheese began to crack the eggs. “1/4 cup of milk!” Lil Mac used his head to throw the milk carton up to Lil Cheese. Then the 1/4 cup. “Next,” Lil Cheese began “We’ll need some cheese of course!” Lil Mac tossed the cheese up to Lil Cheese who balanced it on his muzzle. The cheese fell onto the cutting board and Lil Cheese cut it up. He then poured the cheese into the bowl. “Next is some flour!” Lil Mac chucked a bag of flour up and it hit Lil Cheese in the head. The bag had broke, and now Lil Cheese was covered in flour. “Ooooooo” Lil Cheese exclaimed in his best ghost voice “I am the ghost of cheese paaaaaaast!” Lil Mac fell on the floor laughing as Lil Cheese laughed too. Lil Mac continued to toss thing to Lil Cheese until the recipe was finished.


About 2 or 3 hours later an elder pink mare walked in the room. The mare was of course Pinkie Pie, with a light pink coat, and hot pink hair. “Lil Cheeeeeese!” Pinkie called “it’s time to gooooooo!”


“Hold on” Lil Cheese called back “I need you to try something!” Lil Cheese produced a big beautiful cheesecake. He cut a slice and handed it to his mother. “Here!” He exclaimed “try it! It’s the first cheesecake I ever made!”


“Oooooo!” Pinkie exclaimed and took a bite, then another bite, then another, and another! Her eyes widened and a great big smile grew on her face. “Eeeee! This is the most delicious cheesecake I’ve ever tasted!”
With those words, there was a great big flash near Lil Cheese’s flank.

A cutie mark had appeared! It was the slice of cake he had made for Pinkie! “Yay!” Lil Cheese cheered “My mark is here! My mark is here!” He danced around with Lil Mac cheering. Pinkie smiled, they reminded her of the CMC when they were younger. “Alright you two” Pinkie said “I hate to be the fun killer but we have to go home, I have a meeting at the council of friendship today and I want you to come with!”

Lil Cheese lit up “The council of friendship?!” Cheese exclaimed “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” Cheese bounced out the door, soon followed by Pinkie. Lil Cheese popped his head back in for a second and said “Same time tomorrow?” Lil Mac nodded. Lil Cheese beamed and bounced off.