• Published 26th Feb 2021
  • 1,343 Views, 52 Comments

Mann Vs Mane - dudenotactive



For a thousand years the two sisters would fight over the silliest of things, and for a thousand years, that is how it always been. Now a new threat had invaded Equestria and it's up to the mercs to save their careers.

  • ...
2
 52
 1,343

Interlude: Meet the Kirin

Meet
The
Pyro

All was silent as Twilight entered the village, she was not alone, her faithful assistant was present along with Big Mac and Dash as well as the elusive mare, Rarity.

Careful eyes scanned the village, they were caught off guard by the peaceful appearance that this settlement had. Kirins everywhere, all minded their business as the sun continued its schedule. A few noticed our heroes but chose not to interact with them, clearly they were fearful of the strangers in their home. Dash and Mac could relate in some way. Of course, one was brave enough to come and speak with them, their leader, Rain Shine.

It was not long before they exchanged introductions and Rain Shine invited the ponies and Spike to her home. One thing Spike noted as they followed the kirin leader was the several remains of houses, clearly victims of some fire. Why they allowed it to remain, he knew not the answer.


"So," Rain Shine began. "What is your purpose for your visit, outsiders?"

Big Mac and Dash looked at each other with uncertain looks, they were spooked by something terrible, and the others could tell what exactly they were just thinking.

Big Mac was the one who spoke first from their side. "Ain't scared of no pony, but that boy ain't right."

Rain Shine cocked her brow. "Who exactly?"

"You know what, I ain't talking about- Gah!" The whole table shook as Dash shot out of her seat. The cause of her action? A random kirin serving them tea. The mere sight of Rain Shine's kind somehow scared the pegasus.

"Sit down you buffoon!" Rarity scolded as she pulled the scout down. "Forgive my colleagues, they are not thinking straight."

Twilight decided that it was best to just cut to the chase. "Miss Rain Shine, we are here to shed some light on a few questions we have concerning one of your kind."

There was a short moment of silence among them, the few other kirins in the room looked as if they had seen a ghost. Rain Shine simply sighed as she brought a cup close to her lips. "I had feared that this day would come..." She motioned the other kirins out of the room. "What has she done?"

"It's not that she had done anything problematic to us, it's just that we are a bit curious about her origins." Said Twilight. "I've been running some tests on her for the past few weeks after she asserted herself into our team, and I've been stuck for far too long, so I've decided to simply just consult you."

"What did you see when you entered our village?"

"It's... weird..." Twilight answered honestly. "Like, it's very much different than what we've seen."

"We are a peaceful community, the influence of Mane Co holds no presence here." Rain Shine explained. "But one of us was so enamored by what the Mane Co provided that she would try to convince the others of why the corporation would benefit our village."

Autumn Blaze felt her tears fall, her body covered in bruises and cuts, darkness was not her only companion in the jungle, hungry eyes glared at her from the thicket.

"Several times she tried to show us, but we continued to ignore her."

Something was broken, she couldn't tell what, all she knew was that she needed help more than ever.

"We banished her after an incident when she tried to use one of Mane Co's weapons as fireworks, a decision that I regret the most."

She limped as quick as she could, her body screamed at her, it begged for Autumn to stop. But she could not, one wrong move and she's done for.

"If only we were there, then perhaps that monster would not have existed..."


Rain Shine was silent as she walked among her kind, the village was just as voiceless as her. Days passed by after the incident, and none were happy with Rain Shine's decision, even she had felt that it was wrong.

Suddenly she heard it, screams shattered the air as the whole village lit alight. Her eyes widened as a figure strolled through the streets wielding a weapon akin to a dragon with how it spewed fiery flames. Though they were far from each other, Rain Shine's eyes met with this figure's. Two empty lenses stared back at her, and that's when she knew who this figure was, the name escaped her lips.


"Rain Shine!" Autumn called out with a joyous smile, she rushed over to her leader with the most magnificent device in her hooves, a machine that spouted rainbows and bubbles. "Rain Shine, you have to see this glorious invention!"


The kirin leader ducked in time as Autumn failed to bathe Rain Shine with flames. Kirins are resistant to fire, but too much could melt them down to nothing but charred bones.

She took off and ran away from the danger, Autumn had attacked Rain Shine out of the blue.


Autumn stared confusedly as she watched her leader run off, so she followed with haste. Just as she ran after Rain Shine, Autumn came upon a sad and woeful sight, a young weeping kirin colt on the dirt, Autumn wished nothing more than to see his smile, so she-

Twisted his head

Turned his frown upside down!

Autumn continued forward, she still needed to convince Rain Shine of the wondrous inventions of Mane Co. She sang as she skipped about like a happy spring, Rain Shine just ahead of her.

But what's this? A poor filly is stuck under a cart!

The kirin burned before she could flee, nothing remained. The kirin sought shelter in the shadows below the cart but instead found her tomb

Autumn Blaze could achieve so much good with her new device! She couldn't understand why Rain Shine was so stubborn.

It was a miracle that could be held in her hooves, just now she helped bring a smile to another sad kirin child using bubbles.

His screams were drowned out by Autumn's song, it played loudly in her skull, so much that she was deaf to their cries

Her onslaught continued as she set the village ablaze, countless kirins tried to fight back but were all dealt with as Autumn simply slaughtered them with an axe

They were weak, unarmed

She need not make any effort as her axe cleaved through her own kind like paper

The fire continued to burn their village, the stench of death filled the air as the charred corpses littered the streets

Autumn paused, she had lost sight of Rain Shine. The kirin leader was not around to see Autumn's amazing work, everything was so colorful and everyone had smiles on their faces. "Oh darn, I can't find her anywhere!"

"That's okay!" Her shadow told her. "If you can't convince her, then you should go out there and convince others! Maybe then she'll listen!" Ah, good old Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands, they were always so clever.

"Great idea! Then I can make friends with others who also use this cool Mane Co stuff, who knows, maybe I can even be friends with a cool mad scientist! Or an awesome inventor, or... You get the picture!"

Her own hoof appeared and hovered next to her face, it had a stick between the cloven hoof and had eyes drawn on them. "But what about the village? We can't just leave them... unsatisfied."

"I can just come back! Not like they'll go anywhere after all the good I've done!" Autumn said. "For now we must venture out of our comfort zone and see what the world holds! And I trust that both of you will be by my side? Perfect!"

"Yeah!" The two entities cheered.

As Autumn strolled through the empty street, she sang a little song in a hushed tone. "Rainbows won't light up the sky, unless you let it rain..."

Team Harmony

Author's Note:

Pyro is definitely the hardest role to fill in, sure we got scary pinkie cupcakes and all, but as I said last time about Pinkie, she's the comic relief, same as Soldier.

I've also mentioned how Autumn and Pinkie were alike in some ways. Not much characters from mlp that could fill the role of pyro.

Choosing a normal pony doesn't capture the alien part of Pyro, was honestly tempted to use Ember back then.

Anyway that's all, see y'all next time