• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 6,404 Views, 384 Comments

The Side Character is a Deer - Deergenerate



Johan is a displaced human stuck as a deer. Suffice to say, he doesn't have anything special going for him, which becomes all too apparent when his friend who was displaced beside him becomes the most special person ever. Jealousy arises.

  • ...
33
 384
 6,404

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: Train Robbery

The train barrelled through the woods. The late-night silence was disturbed only by the engine's chugging and the gears' cranking as it sped down the track.

For the most part, the train was unmanned, with only the conductor, and a small squad of half a dozen guards deployed at either the front or back of the train. Two of those guards being Sharp Spear and Night Shield, who were both standing at the front of the train. The conductor was hunched between them, managing the ship's engine and occasionally feeding it with coal.

"Why cyan?" Sharp Spear suddenly asked, staring back toward the full cargo containers that trailed behind the engine.

"Excuse me?" Night Shield asked in return, raising an eyebrow. He turned to look at his fellow guard, taking his attention off the conductor.

"It's just... a weird color. You know?" Sharp responded. "And it doesn't flow well. Why choose bright cyan instead of like... blue?"

Night Shield shrugged. "Well, we know the guys who built that thing were reformed changelings, I mean, did you get a good look at it?"

"And that applies how?"

"Well, reformed changeling magic is cyan. Maybe it's a theme thing." Night replied turning his gaze back to the tracks just in time to catch sight of something.

"Woah woah woah! Stop!" He cried, quickly rushing to help the conductor pull the breaks. The metal on the train screeched and roared as the train gracelessly came to a stop, causing all of the ponies aboard to jerk forwards. When it was over, Sharp pulled himself up with a grimace, before he rushed to Night's side.

His eyes widened at what had caused the train to make it's sudden stop. "Speak of the devil..."

Hovering in place just a foot above the track and staring at them was a changeling. There were no holes in it's hooves, it was neon yellow, and it had an insect-like wing for a tail, quickly cluing them in that this changeling was of the reformed variety. But the issue quickly arose... was it of Thorax's group, or their new enemy.

The two soldiers locked eyes for a moment before Night Shield nodded at him. Sharp Spear quickly understood what was asked of him. He quickly grabbed the whistle he had hanging around his neck and slammed it into his mouth. With a quick blow, he signaled the other guards around the train to join them. The changeling remained in his position as the guards quickly gathered and dismounted the train, surrounding him.

"You, we want your name and what the heck you are doing here, now!" Night Shield said as the other guards slowly approached.

"Quite simple sir," The changeling responded in a monotone voice. "I come here to secure this train and it's cargo in the name of the Changeling Hive."

"Excuse me?" Sharp Spear asked, turning to Night. "Why would King Thorax want the pieces of that statue?"

"Truthfully sir, I do not know. But I know that my employer was very insistent that I claim this in his name. So if you don't mind me." The changeling said. Then he started to glow.

"What the-" Was all Sharp and Night managed to get out before the changeling exploded, and they, the front of the train, and the track were consumed in a ball of light.

When it faded, the conductor was left alone with a massive crater before her. She was shocked for but a moment, before she let out a horrific scream, that echoed through the forest. She was silenced before she could do anything else when a bolt of magic zipped through the air and struck her directly in the side of the head.

That's when the ponies in black suits and neon yellow sunglasses poured out of the woods, quickly forming a perimeter around the train.

"Rip it apart, piece by piece. The V.I.P. wants every last stone. Once we have everything, burn the train." One of them said, taking a step forwards.

"Yes sir," The others responded with a salute before they quickly got to work.


The room stayed quiet after U'val's introduction, as everyone stared at him wide eyed. Everyone that is, except for the young griffon, who kept his quiet smirk. The griffon's father turned at him beak agape as he sat back and started to clap.

"Wonderful introduction," the griffon said, his beak widening into a smile. "I particularly liked the song and all the writhing statues. Really tied it all together, but next time maybe spare the theatrics."

U'val merely walked forwards into the center of the room, coming to a stop. He stared down at the Griffon with his single eye, narrowing slightly. Then he smiled, laughing. His laughter very quickly obliterated the tension in the room, as the other rulers grew slightly antsy.

"Right you are," U'val said, giving the slightest nods. "Next time we all meet up, I'll be sure to walk into the room like a normal person." Then he paused turning to the others. "Before we begin, allow me to introduce you to one another. I've had my eyes on each and every one of you as potential recruits since your grandchildren were mere children, thus I am very familiar with all of you."

He started going clockwise, starting with the caribou. "King Dainn, the... Chauvanistic ruler of the far northwest. My current vassal Queen Chrysalis-" the changeling snarled but he ignored it "- Lord Gilion and his son Gadreel, rulers of the Duchy of Karthon, longstanding rivals of the kingdom of Griffonstone, and last but certainly not least, a creature who needs no introduction, the... illustrious Storm King."

"Now then, doubtlessly you are all tired from your travels and want to get back on the road home, so to speak. As such, I will keep this meeting brief." U'val explained, sweeping his gaze over the gathered rulers and their retinues. U'val slowly smiled. "I plan on bringing down Equestria and slaughtering their alicorn rulers. To. The. Last. I really don't care what happens after that. So, all the four of you need to do, to have the world in their hands and or hooves, is serve me, and aid me in achieving that goal."

The room was silent for a moment, as the rulers all paused, turning to lock eyes with their comrades and each other, before turning their gaze back to U'val. Barring of course Chrysalis, who was already well aware of all of this...

"I know that may seem like a tall order, but your service and... worship will be greatly reward-" U'val started. He was interrupted when Dainn of all creatures slammed his hooves down and stood up.

"Never!" Dainn suddenly cried, prompting everyone barring U'val to widen their eyes and drop their jaws. "You ignorant wretch! Do you really think I, a great king, would stoop so low as to serve a non-caribou in any capacity? Not to mention the whores you dare keep in your presence who you would dare to treat as an equal to me!"

The stag waved his hoof in the direction of Chrysalis and Tempest, who locked eyes. U'val merely stared down at him blankly, his face monotone in appearance.

"Not to mention the mess your 'pet' made in my castle! A mere female slaughtering the guards sent to apprehend her and put her in her place! A mere female daring to stand up tall in my presence and order me around! I blame you for that animal!" Dainn continued, stomping towards him.

"And is this... refusal... your final position?" U'val merely asked.

"Yes!" Dainn roared back.

"Excellent," U'val responded. Then his antlers burst into magic... or whatever that ability he used was. In a mere instant all of the caribou who had accompanied Dainn were instantly deleted. Not even ash was left over as their empty suits of armor clattered to the ground where they had once stood. Dainn's jaw dropped as he turned to see his men eradicated.

Then he turned back to U'val, his face going white as he slowly started walking away from him, his jaw working as he stammered inanely.

"Of all the heirs of Theispas, I feel your race is the least deserving of its previously noble blood. Even the mere antlered animals are superior. To be quite honest, I knew you would act this way. I brought you here merely to serve as an example to the other, far more deserving candidates. An example of what will come of them if they reject my patronage." U'val calmly and coldly explained.

Gadreel's hand went to his sword as Dainn let out a pathetic sequel and turned, attempting to run away. U'val's antlers merely activated again and with a cry of agony, the caribou was similarly erased from existence. U'val didn't move for a moment afterward, merely glaring down at the space the once 'great' king had stood. Then he spoke up again.

"Tril'ik, Ezin'dle." U'val called over his shoulder. "Once our meeting is complete, return north and drive the rest of his pathetic race extinct, would you?"

Both of the Platinum Guards merely nodded.

Then he turned his one-eyed gaze to Gilion and Gadreel. Gadreel instantly drew his sword as U'val slowly approached them.

Something materialized in his hoof as he came closer, Gadreel stepped forwards, in between him and his father, before U'val held his hoof up. Both of the Gryphon's eyes widened. "That's..."

"The Idol of Boreas. Yes. One of the two artifacts I had my guards acquire to sweeten the deal for you." U'val said, lifting the artifact up in a cyan aura of magic. It floated up for a moment before gingerly setting itself down on one of the armrests of Gilion's chair.

The Storm King, still trying to process all that had happened, was shaken from his confusion when one of U'val's platinum guards - he didn't know which - stepped towards him holding up the Staff of Sancas. Tempest watched as the Storm King hesitantly reached out a hand and grabbed the staff. The Platinum Guard nodded at him, then turned and marched out with his compatriot. They had a race to obliterate.

"Make no mistake, I am a kind and generous master. Under my will you will be guided into the Kings you have always wanted to be." U'val explained, straightening his back and neck to look down at them.

"Kings huh? And what does that make you?" Gilion asked, frowning slightly.

"Quite simple really," U'val said, his eye starting to glow darkly. "I will be your god."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait! I'm starting college soon and Dming a DnD game. Have had a lot on my mind recently XD.

PreviousChapters Next