• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 6,394 Views, 384 Comments

The Side Character is a Deer - Deergenerate



Johan is a displaced human stuck as a deer. Suffice to say, he doesn't have anything special going for him, which becomes all too apparent when his friend who was displaced beside him becomes the most special person ever. Jealousy arises.

  • ...
33
 384
 6,394

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: The Queen and the Silhouette

The changeling paced back and forth in a forest clearing, her black form standing out in the greenery of the wood. Deep green, serpent-like, eyes narrowed in hatred as she mumbled to herself. She was tall, very tall with wispy green hair and a jagged horn.

The clearing was small, but it was about as cozy as the changeling could have made it, especially because of her... situation. A rock sat in the middle of the clearing, with small items stacked on top of it like a table. A fireplace burned nearby, green in color instead of orange. A stolen tent, stolen camp chair, and some stolen supplies were all the changeling had to call her own.

It was nighttime, and the green fire did little to light her surroundings, but she still liked it. It reminded her of the dark of the hive. The Hive that had been stolen from her. Her eyes narrowed even more.

"Damn that traitor... Damn Starlight Glimmer... I will reconquer my hive..." She repeated to herself as her face scrunched up in thought. Plans formed in her head.

"Gnnn... How am I supposed to do that without an army though... and it's not like any kingdom near Equestria will support my claim... Or even far away from it..." She hissed, sitting down, snarling.

Chrysalis stood up and shook her head, walking back towards her fire and sitting down in front of it. "This is hopeless." She hissed.

"Oh my." A voice rang out, causing her to rapidly stand up and charge her horn, scanning the treeline around her.

"Do the changelings of this day and age make a habit of talking to themselves, or are you just insane?" It said. The voice was refined, and androgynous. She had trouble telling if a man or woman was speaking, but it nonetheless radiated power.

Her eyes continued to scan the horizon until a glowing white eye in the darkness caught her attention, it was only one, but it was compound, identical to that of a changeling.

"Who are you?" Chrysalis demanded, readying a combat spell. The eye started to approach, revealing itself to be attached to a black silhouette. It was slightly taller than her, with two jagged, mandible-shaped antlers emerging from its head. Her eyes instantly widened and a hiss of rage emanated from her mouth.

"Thorax!" She roared, a green spell firing from her horn. It sailed through the air directly towards the creature's heart.

Before it could connect another black shape darted from the treeline, faster than her eyes could track, and slid in front of the first shape. The spell struck it in the chest, before deflecting into the ground. Chrysalis got a good look at it through the light of her spell as it struck them. It had a similar shape to the one-eyed creature behind it, but wore some kind of armor, with shorter antlers. It was cyan in color, with platinum highlights to make shiny white sections of the armor. A single visor, with a black, reflective lense covering the eyes. A knife-like blade sat just below the creature's horn, which was charged with cyan magic.

"I'm a potential... benefactor." The silhouette said as the armored creature stepped aside. Its single eye narrowed slightly. "And I know you may be new to this exile thing, but when you are a claimant it is considered extremely rude to shoot at someone offering to sponsor you."

Chrysalis took a step back, her eyes widened. At first, it was in surprise at the appearance of the armored individual but that surprise rapidly changed to confusion.

Then her eyes shrunk into slits, a smile coming to her face. "This is obviously a trick." She chuckled, her gaze steeling. "Why would mutated, 'reformed' Changelings be helping their former queen? Obviously, you just plan to trap me."

There was a pause before the shape laughed. Then it started a slow strut. It kept to the shadows at the edge of the light of the fire as he walked in a circle around her camp, its gaze locked with Chrysalis the entire time.

"I am going to keep this simple, child." It spat as it walked, returning to a more civilized tone soon after. "There are forces at play right now far older and far more knowledgable than you could ever be. I am not going to waste the breath explaining something you could never wrap your head around but suffice to say our goals align at this current instance, and I have always been one to use every tool at my disposal."

Chrysalis growled, baring her fangs. "And how then, pray tell, do you plan on using me?"

"Simple." It replied. "There is a mountain 30 miles to the east of here. Your mother hid an army of elite and loyal drones inside in a magical stasis, some three hundred-odd years ago. While it is likely they would be loyal to Queen Metamorphosis, I'm sure they'd follow her daughter when they find out she is dead. Just, leave out the part where you killed her."

Chrysalis blinked a couple of times, taking in the information. "And what do you want in exchange for this information."

"Oh, nothing much. I just want to prove myself as someone you can trust. Do whatever you want with it." The creature said, turning away and starting to head towards the darkness of the treeline. "But, if you want to do me a favor, please attack Ponyvile before your hive. Just as a matter of principle."

Chrysalis laughed at that, throwing her head back. "Oh, trust me, I was going to either way!"

"Goodie." It chuckled.

The armored changeling, who hadn't taken its blank unreadable gaze off Chrysalis since it appeared, slowly turned and followed after its master. Just before they both disappeared into the darkness, Chrysalis called out after them.

"Before you go, what should I call you?" She said with a smile. The silhouette's single eye simply turned and stared back at her for a second.

"It doesn't matter. But, I'll keep in touch." And with that, they both disappeared into the woods, leaving the Queen alone.

Chrysalis wasted no time in dousing her fire and pulling down her camp. She slung all of the items with her into a bag, before taking to the air, heading eastwards.

Meanwhile, the two creatures trudged through the woods, stopping only when Chrysalis sailed over their heads.

"My Domine," The armored one spoke, his voice gruff, metallic, and pitiless. "Are you sure we can trust her, is giving her an army wise?"

"Of course not." The taller one replied, eye narrowing.

"Then why give her an army?" The armored one replied, stepping forwards.

"I am simply testing the waters," It laughed. "Besides, if she is going to attack Equestria before her hive, not a single one of those drones are going to survive."

Author's Note:

Please thank CitreneSkys for the great art that I used in this chapter! They make some of the best Changeling Art on the site, I swear to gosh.

PreviousChapters Next