• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 6,377 Views, 383 Comments

The Side Character is a Deer - Deergenerate



Johan is a displaced human stuck as a deer. Suffice to say, he doesn't have anything special going for him, which becomes all too apparent when his friend who was displaced beside him becomes the most special person ever. Jealousy arises.

  • ...
33
 383
 6,377

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Gold against Platinum

Many voices rang out at once, all of them crying a single word;

"Derek!"

Johan's breath hitched in his throat as he watched the platinum guard slowly pull his halberd out of his friends chest, twirling it to clean it of his friend's lifeblood. It then turned, flinching slightly as it turned towards the sun and raising a hoof to cover his now exposed eyes. It visibly growled and started slowly walking towards Johan. All the while, more and more changelings poured into the square, carrying captured ponies with them, gathering the entire town into one place.

Chrysalis was one of the last to arrive.

With a cackle she threw her hooves into the air and cheered. "Oh ho ho! What wonderful karma!" She cried, approaching Twilight and the elements. The six ponies, their eyes full of tears at the death of a friend, slowly turned their heads to look at her. The changelings holding them down tightened their grip, so as to prevent them from attacking.

"Oh, to think that the very same ponies who caused my exile in the first place are going to be the batteries I use to launch my reconquest!" Chrysalis gloated, bending down to be eyelevel with them. Her gaze then turned to Starlight, a dark smirk coming to her face. "And then there's you. I'm going to have to schedule a very public execution for you once I am back in my throne. Maybe involving rabid dogs."

"Y-you idiot." Starlight said with a growl, her eyes narrowing into hateful slits, even as tears started falling down her cheeks. "Don't you understand what you just did?"

"Won?" Chrysalis chuckled, turning to walk away. She stopped when Starlight let out a dry laugh. She couldn't help but stop and raise an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, sure. You won." Starlight chuckled. "Now what? Celestia, Luna and Cadance are both on their way with Equestria's best soldiers. And they already know exactly where you are going. You have what, a couple thousand changelings here? How are you going to beat thirty thousand trained soldiers, on top of three doubtlessly angry alicorns."

Chrysalis paused for a second. She turned towards Derek. Then back to Starlight. A smile came to her face. "Shut up. I killed one already, how hard could three more be."

Starlight laughed, this time for real. "One who only figured out how to do magic a month ago. And who had only started using combat spells today. And Celestia? You only beat her because of magical steroids." The unicorn said with a smirk. "Besides. You didn't do anything. It did."

Chrysalis's eyes widened as she gestured to the platinum guard, who slowly reached down to pick up Johan by the shoulder. Looking back at her with a dismissive gaze in his orange eyes.

Chrysalis paused for a second and furrowed his brows in thought.

"What the hay are you doing Starlight!" Trixie hissed at her with a look of panic. "You seem to just be trying to make her mad!"

"I'm trying to distract her. To buy us time for Twilight to come up with a plan." Starlight whispered back, turning her head towards her friend before rapidly turning it back to Chrysalis who let out a gasp.

"You're just trying to psyche me out." Chrysalis hissed, gesturing for several changelings to come over. "Looks like I'm going to have to shut you up the hard way."

"Oh please, go ahead. That's not going to stop Celestia and Co. I think you've already wasted enough time bragging about how you've won that Celestia and Luna have probably already mustered their soldiers and are on their way here right now." Starlight smiled.

"Y-Yeah! The way I see it, you are gonna need all the love you can to even stand a chance!" Trixie suddenly yelled.

Chrysalis hissed, taking a step back. Then her smiled returned. "You're right. I do."

The queen suddenly stomped forwards, the act of which made both Trixie and Starlight flinch. "I've moved up the date of your executions. To today!"

"No! Stop!" Twilight cried, but it was already too late, as Chrysalis slowly opened her maw. With a hiss of magic and a roar of dark energy, the two ponies felt a burning in their chest, which only got worse by the second.

With two screams of agony, a pink stream of magical energy left their bodies, sailing towards the open mouth of Chrysalis.

The swarm of changelings laughed, but all Twilight and the elements could do was scream alongside their friends.


Derek found himself stranded in another void. The alicorn was standing on top of a shimmering sea of golden mana, which seemed to stretch on as an eternal flat plane. The sky was entirely black. He sighed. At the very least, this time it wasn't all white.

Derek kicked his leg and sat down. "I am a loser." He whimpered with an exhale. "I couldn't even keep my friends safe."

"Aww c'mon. That isn't your fault." A voice rang out. It was... his own voice. Derek instantly sat up and looked around.

"Who's there?!?" He cried. He wasn't greeted with an answer until a alicorn shaped pool of shimmering gold energy rose out of the ground in front of him. It stayed that shape for a second, then with a white flash it solidified into an alicorn with a green coat and a yellow mane, his hair was styled in a swept back side part, and he had a cutiemark consisting of a sword with a lightning bolt shaped blade. It was like looking into a mirror. In fact he was. It looked exactly like him.

He sighed. "Whelp, only three minutes in this place and I'm already hallucinating." he mumbled.

"Nah broski. I'm real." The other Derek said with a smile. "You remember how when you were trying to connect to your magic a while back and you felt another person? That's me!"

Derek was taken aback for a second, falling onto his back from surprise. He really didn't expect the other Derek to talk. He took a second to adjust standing up and looking at the other pony from every angle.

"Wait so... the other person inside me... was me?" He asked. The other Derek shook his head.

"Nope. Look there is a really, really complex history to this. I can't really explain it now cause you are literally bleeding to death from a massive hole in your chest, but I can give you a cliff notes version. The name is Auream, and I'm here to help." The other Derek said standing up. Derek did the same.

That's when they heard screaming. Screaming they recognized. Derek panicked for a second. It was coming from above. He looked up and grit his teeth.

"I can save them, but I'm gonna have to ask you to let me take her for a spin real quick." Auream said, holding out a hoof for Derek to take.

"Take what for a spin!?!" Derek said, panic in his voice. The Alicorn desperately turned to his clone.

"Your body. Don't worry, I'll give it back the second I am done with it. Take my hoof, and I'll save them, no strings attached." Auream said, a warm smile coming to his face. Derek hesitated, holding up his hoof before rapidly pulling it back. "Trust me, I'm you after all."

"Ok, ok ok ok. Not like I have a choice right now." Derek sighed, looking at Auream brow furrowed. "In the future though, you should work on your delivery. You genuinely sound like you're some Faustian bargain maker."

Auream chucked and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I was probably laying it on a little strong there. Don't worry, you're not giving up your soul or anything, cause like... not like I can take it. We do technically have the same soul."

Derek nodded. He raised his hoof once more, but stopped just short of taking his clone's hoof. "Broski?"

Auream snorted. "Sorry. I'm fifteen hundred years old, I am just trying to use some modern lingo."

"Well, unless you're a surfer douche, that's probably not one you should use." Derek smiled. Then he took Auream's hoof. A golden flash filled his vision, and then he was alone. He looked left then right and sighed. It probably was just an illusion.

Just then though, like the sea during a storm, the golden ocean of magic beneath him started to roar and churn. Something was happening.


Johan numbly kept his gaze on his friend's body. He felt as through his soul had just been crushed. His friend... his best friend had just died trying to protect him. It was all over. He was alone now. At the very least it probably wouldn't last for long.

The platinum guard slung the deer over his back once again and started to walk away, ignoring the cheering of the changelings around him as they watched their queen absorb the love of a pathetic pony, he couldn't care less.

Just then however, every changeling in the town, even Chrysalis and the platinum guard froze in place. They started to feel a slight burn in their chest, along side an all encompassing feeling of dread. Slowly the platinum guard froze, turning his gaze towards the corpse of Derek... or atleast, he thought it was a corpse. Golden energy started to gather around it, the burning and feeling of dread only got worse with every second.

The ponies around them felt a warm feeling pierce into their souls. Joy, love, valor. Those feelings all burned together in their breasts. The feeling was the opposite for the changelings who were all collectively backing away from the Alicorn's body.

All around the world, ponies and changelings felt it... somehow. Celestia and Luna both froze in their mad aerial dash towards Ponyville, they had felt this feeling before. Discord raised an eyebrow. Starswirl the Bearded gasped, his gaze instantly turned towards Ponyville, from his Canterlot tower. "He's back..." He said, a small smile coming to his face.

The Changeling Hive felt a panic rush through it's tunnels, as all changelings, from King Thorax to the youngest of drones, collectively felt panic burn into their brains. A collective racial terror that had long been dormant. A single thought burned through all their minds at once. He is back.

On a hill overlooking Ponyville, the one eyed changeling and his two remaining platinum guard stood. They had their halberds drawn, glancing between Ponyville and their master.

"My Domine, we have to go down there! Tza'ak is alone with him!" A deep feminine voice called out behind him, one of the platinum guard. The one eyed changeling lowered his head.

"There is nothing we can do for him now." He said, a deep sadness in his voice. "Come. We were too late. I need to rethink my plans." he turned and started to walk away, head lowered.

Both of the platinum guard turned to look at each other for a second, before following after their master.


Chrysalis collapsed onto her knees. "What's happening!?!" She cried, turning towards the platinum guard. Golden energy started to flash around them, sailing towards Derek's body.

"Run." The platinum guard hissed, pointing the tip of his Halberd at Derek.

Then there was an explosion of golden magic. A burst of hurricane like force flew in every direction. Chrysalis's hair flapped in the wind, her hooves digging into the ground. She saw as her soldiers were tossed away like ragdolls. Her eyes widened for a second until she too was swept off her hooves, and sent careening into a nearby wall.

The ponies were unaffected by the power going off, but Johan was. Just before he was sent flying away the rough grip of one of the platinum guard's hooves stopped him, holding onto him for dear life, seemingly.

As abruptly as they started, the winds died down. Standing in a crater that had once been the town's fountain with his eyes closed, was Derek. There was now a massive diagonal scar across his chest, but other than that he looked fine. Derek smiled as he slowly stepped out of the crater, his horn glowing a brilliant gold.

He slowly opened his eyes, they were glowing the same color as his horn. He cracked his head to the left than to the right before rolling his shoulders.

"Hey bud. Long time no see." He said. Though he was staring at Johan, the deer got the distinct feeling that he wasn't talking to him.

The platinum guard growled setting Johan down and stepping in front of him. "Still can't keep the stallions off you huh?"

Johan felt a weird felling, as if there was someone inside him... laughing.

Derek then turned his attention back to the platinum guard. "Tza'ak? That you? Almost didn't recognize you without your boss glued to your crotch." The alicorn smirked, his horn only brightening.

The platinum guard let out a bestial hiss and charged. "Ah yeah, there's that suicidal loyalty I remember!" Derek laughed lowing into a combat pose.

"You know, for 'the perfect soldiers', you platinum guards-" he suddenly shot forwards with a flap of his wings, his right forehoof being wrapped in an aura of golden energy "-sure are idiots!"

In a single movement, faster than almost everyone could track, Derek delivered a punch to the guard's chest. It roared out in pain as it was sent flying back, the armor on it's chest shattering like glass. It crashed into the front of townhall, shaking the building. The platinum guard cried out, stepping out and gasping. With another flash, Derek was suddenly behind him.

It barely had time to turn around before Derek's horn shot a beam of energy that consumed him sending him flying back. He landed in the same crater Derek had just walked out of. It shakily tried rising to it's hooves, it's armor disintegrating to dust around it. Twilight and the other ponies gasped at what they saw. The platinum guard looked nearly identical to a reformed changeling. His carapace was yellow in color, fading into a green color towards his chest. With two compound orange eyes and two green antlers emerging from his head.

It slowly turned towards Derek, slight panic written on it's face. Derek smirked. "You know, as fun as this little reunion is, I kinda have a deal to uphold and a body to give back. You understand right?" Derek chuckled, his horn glowing. Suddenly he charged forwards. The magic around his horn suddenly solidified into a blade made of hard light, which Derek swung downwards.

The platinum guard raised his halberd to block, but the blade cut clean through it like it was a flimsy stick. Derek landed on the ground in front of the Guard and then raised his horn one final time. One last beam of energy shot upwards, consuming all but the guard's left antler. With a crack it was sent sailing through the air in an arch, landing right next to Johan's head. Soon the beam died down, and this time there really was nothing left but smoke and ash.

Derek stood up with a smile, looking around. Everyone was staring at him, Changeling, pony, dragon and deer alike. His eyes locked on Chrysalis and he grinned. "I think this is the part where you run away."

With a scream of pure fear, Chrysalis rose to her hooves and took to the air, bolting in the direction of the Everfree forest. Screaming echoed from every direction as her army scattered in every direction. Just then both the Sun and Night Guard arrived. They shot downwards catching changelings on their spears, or tackling them to the ground and locking them into hoof-cuffs.

Derek smiled and inhaled. "Good to be back." he said before the glow in his eyes disappeared and he collapsed to the ground unconscious.

Author's Note:

TFW I am unsure if 'Platinum Guard' should be capitalized for not. I prolly should figure that out soon huh?

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Not as long as the last one, but I think I got it out at a good pace lol.

The Terrible Isekai/Displaced Anime Checklist!!!

The Beach Episode/Chapter:

The Tournament Arc that happens every single shonen anime:

Main Character who all the chicks (even married ones for some reason) want to screw:

Anime harem stupidity:

The inexplicable prophecy that the main character, despite having no previous connection to the world, fits perfectly:

An overpowered main villain that only the main character can defeat:

A female tsundere character breaking down in tears in the main character's arms because he saved her life:

The main character putting minimal effort into training and suddenly becoming super powerful:

Someone screams really loud and gets stronger:

Protagonist and their foes gain sufficient power to destroy things previously held to be indestructible:

A character having a super long flashback in the middle of a fight scene and then suddenly getting a massive power boost because important backstory triggers some kind of memory:

'Main' character can inexplicably read the ancient language:

The main character getting an unexplained power boost early on in the story that instantly kills one of the villains subordinates:

PreviousChapters Next