• Published 26th Mar 2022
  • 2,590 Views, 278 Comments

Bakugan EQG - Banshee531



Bakugan, the most popular game in the world. But there's more to it then meets the eye. Now, a group of teens must work together to save both their world and another.

  • ...
6
 278
 2,590

PreviousChapters Next
A Break in the Battle

In the city of St Louis, the last hybrid standing continued her battle against the three remaining Brawlers that had been left for her to deal with by her master.

"Tornado Impact!" Quetzal screamed as the blast of air shot out of her mouth and flew towards Wukong, who continued to fly around on his cloud. The ape spun his staff around, managing to deflect most of the tornado's force but still getting pushed back.

As he did, Lepusinge bounced between a pair of building to get high. When he reached the very top, he jumped as his ears caught fire. "Flaming Slap!" He spun through the air and struck Quetzal several times with his ears before she flew away, her Tornado Impact attack fading away and allowing Wukong to fly up above them.

As Lepusinge fell back towards the buildings, Wukong ignited the tip of his staff and thrust it forward. The staff extended and slammed into Quetzal's back, making her cry out as she was pushed towards the ground as her back was burned.

When she got close enough to the ground, Fenroar ran forward as his claws glowed. "Wolf Claw Strike!" He leapt up and was ready to slash at her, but Quetzal's body glowed.

"Radiant Aura!" The light blinded Fenroar for a moment, allowing Quetzal to swing her tail around and wrap it around his waist.

She then used him to pull herself out from under the staff seconds before it slammed her into the ground. She then threw Fenroar towards Lepusinge, stopping the rabbit from attacking her as she flew back into the air.

On the ground, the three humans frowned. "She's a slippery little worm," Applejack growled.

"But one we need to beat if we want to end this," Heath told them. "You guys battled her for a good while. She can't have that much left in the tank." Wukong, Fenroar and Lepusinge grouped up and glared up at the winged serpent, who panted as she was close to the end of her rope. "Let's end this!"

"YEAH!" The girls cried as their partners charged forward.


In the city of Los Angeles, Flash and his friends were inside the stadium watching as Twilight worked on the transporter machine.

As she worked, all they could do was watch the TV as it showed the dome appearing around Lucifer, Gaia and their partners. "Damn it!" Flash cried, "he managed to get Gaia and Bonnie alone!" He wanted to tell Twilight she needed to hurry, but also knew she was going as fast as she could. And even if she could get them there in that very moment, it wouldn't matter. That dome was impenetrable.

"Alright," Twilight booted up the machine, "I'm ready." As she said that, the TV showed images of Quetzal attacking the others and forcing them to ignore the dome. "I just hope we can get there in time."

"Those three should be able to handle Quetzal on their own," Lyra assured her. "We need to get there and stop Lucifer before it's too late."


Over in Canterlot, Candy was looking terrified when she saw her daughter be consumed by the barrier. "Bonnie...Sweetie. Please, be safe." She felt a hand on her shoulder and saw Cadance smiling at her.

"Don't worry. Twilight and her friends are going to help her. They'll get her out of whatever this is." Candy hoped she was right, as Shining spoke up.

"I don't think you have to worry about your daughter getting hurt. In the other two battles, it was the Bakugan who seemed to get hurt." Candy didn't seem to happy about this.

"Yeah, but what if this time is different? You saw how much damage there was to the city. She was almost crushed by rubble before. What if that happens again and nobody's there to save her." She looked back at the dome and her heart was aching. "She's all I have. Bonnie, please stay safe."


Inside the dome, Bonnie coughed at all the dust she had been forced to breath in.

She then looked over at the collapsed building that was currently burying her friend in. "Gaia!" She cried, "please get up. You have to get up!" As she said this, Lucifer hovered above the rubble with crossed arms and a smiled. He then saw the rubble beginning to move, showing Gaia pushing herself out of the debris.

"Impressive. Lesser Bakugan would have fallen to that kind of landslide. Your endurance is truly exceptional." Despite this, he could see Gaia wasn't ready to start fighting back. The perfect time to strike.

"Gaia!" Bonnie cried, seeing Lucifer preparing his claws. "Hurry. He's coming!" He dived down and had his claws primed, ready to stab her and take her Attribute Energy.

But before he could reach her, something shot between the pair. Something small, but its sudden movement had caught his eye. Once it was right between them, it shifted shapes and exploded with light. In the blink of an eye, a giant brown worm appeared between them and he quickly flew forward and wrapped around him.

"Augh!" He cried as the creature squeezed him tightly, the demon trying to push it off of him with no success. Sombra looked down at his BakuColar and saw the new score.

Gaia+Wormquake: 1040Gs
Lucifer: 1000Gs

He turned to Bonnie, who was still in her post thrown pose. She panted, glad she had thought to do this in time. She looked back at Gaia as the giant picked herself up. "Are you okay?"

"Yes?" Gaia nodded, smiling at Bonnie. "Thanks for the break." She turned back to Lucifer, as he continued to struggle against Wormquake. "Glad to have the help. Let's finish this."

"Alright!" Bonnie took out a card. "Ability, Activate!" Gaia began to glow as she charged forward, "Gaia Spirit!"

Gaia+Wormquake: 1290Gs
Lucifer: 1000Gs

Lucifer continued to struggle against Wormquake, barely able to keep himself in the air. But then, Wormquake loosened its grasp on him and he was able to throw it off. But as he did, Gaia threw a bunch towards him. "Augh!" He cried, being slammed by a large fist that threw him backwards.

He spun through the air, but managed to catch himself and place his feet against the side of a building. He growled at the two Subterra Bakugan, both ready to deal him a lot of damage.

He then kicked off the building so hard, every plain of glass within it shattered as he shot forward. Wormquake quickly dived under the ground, ready to sneak attack him as he focused on Gaia. Sombra quickly held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Lucifer glowed as Gaia threw another punch at him, but he managed spin out of its direction before flying towards her chest. "Cursed Light!"

Lucifer slammed his hand onto her chest as the light spread to her, making Gaia cry out as her power was drained away.

Gaia+Wormquake: 1090Gs
Lucifer: 1200Gs

Lucifer laughed at the shift in power and pushed away from her before he could attack back, whilst Bonnie held up a pair of cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Gaia swung her head around as the wooden gauntlets around her arms broke apart. "Leaf Cyclone, plus Bark Barrage!"

A powerful wind flew passed and sent the the leaves on her head flying towards Lucifer, whilst she thrust her fists forward and sent the wood shards flying off of her.

The two attacks shot towards Lucifer and merged, the wood shards joining the leaves within the cyclone that slammed into him. "Ahhhh" He cried, shielding his head from the onslaught of attacks. After a few seconds, he managed to fly straight up and out of the cyclone before too much of his power could be lost.

Gaia+Wormquake: 1190Gs
Lucifer: 1000Gs

As he floated down towards the ground, Wormquake exploded out of it and attempted to swallow him whole. "Begone!" He roared, throwing a kick right into its head. Wormquake was knocked back as Lucifer charged towards Gaia, Sombra holding up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Lucifer reached Gaia and clenched both fists. "Unending Punishment!" The demonic Bakugan started throwing punch after punch after punch, throwing a few kicks into the mix every now and then. Gaia cried out as she was knocked backwards, losing points with every hit whilst Lucifer kept up with her and smirked.

"This is what you get for going against me! You were a fool to ever think you could fight against me!" He spun around and smashed his foot into her chest, knocking her staggering back.

Gaia+Wormquake: 890Gs
Lucifer: 1000Gs

He prepared to attack again, but before he could Wormquake broke out of the ground again and grabbed his foot. "Hey!" He pulled against the earthworm, "release me at once!" But Wormquake simply held on, trying to give Gaia enough time to recover. Bonnie also hoped she could recover in time, because Lucifer wasn't going to give them any chance to.

"Come on Gaia," she whispered.


"Heavenly Cannon!" Quetzal fired the laser towards Wukong, who dodge it on his cloud and flew straight towards her with his staff aflame. "Feather Storm!" She spun around and launched several feathers towards him, but Wukong spun his staff to deflect them.

"Face it!" Wukong cried, "you're outnumbered and outmatched!" He thrust the burning weapon forward and struck her in the chest, "just give it up!"

"Never!" She roared, pushing away from the flaming staff. "No matter what, I'll prove my worth to my master. Fusion Ability, Activate!" Quetzal's entire body began to glow brighter and brighter, the serpent then diving down towards the Bakugan on the ground. "I'll deal with you fools first!"

Fenroar and Lepusinge saw this coming and prepared themselves, Fluttershy and Applejack also getting ready. They knew this was gonna be big and they needed to brace themselves.

"DIVINE LIBERATION!" The light exploded off of Quetzal and shot towards the two Bakugan, Fenroar launching a Howling Force attack towards it to try and stop the attack. But it didn't even slow it down. A bright flash filled the field and everyone was blinded for a moment, Quetzal smirking since she was sure the two had been taken down.

But then the light began to dim and she saw something that made her gasp. "WHAT?"

Lepusinge and Fenroar were unharmed, the pair being shielded by a force-field produced by a third individual that had just shown up. "Leonidas!" Heath and the girls cried, happy to see him there having saved their Bakugan.

As his Spectral Barricade disappeared, Leonidas floated down to the ground and allowed Flash to jump off onto the ground. "Let's do this, bud." Leonidas let out a roar as he prepared for a fight, Quetzal hissing angrily.

"You think one extra Bakugan can beat me?"

"Yes," Flash smirked, "but who said there was only one extra Bakugan?" As he said that, Spikenoid, Garuda, Nimue, Ragnaroid, Terraspin, Gumigator and Cleopal appeared from behind buildings all around Quetzal. They and their brawlers smirked at her, as Wukong flew down whilst crouching on his cloud with his staff hung on his shoulder.

"Remember what I said about you being outnumbered and outmatched? Well now you're really outnumbered and really outmatched." Quetzal growled at this, as Flash, Twilight, Soarin, Lyra, Derpy and Rainbow held up cards.

"Ability, Activate!" They all yelled as their Bakugan launched lasers, green fire, lightning bolts, water jets, black flames and tornados at her. She tried to avoid them, but they were attacking from too many angles and she was battered again and again.

This caused her to fall to the ground and as she did, Wukong, Lepusinge, Gummy and Cleopal charged at her. Each one flew passed her and attacked with their staff, feet, icicles and claws. She screamed in pain as Fenroar ran forward, his claws ready to finally end this annoying battle.

"Take this!" He roared, slashing at her with everything he had. Quetzal finally reached her breaking point and with one final screaming hiss, she was reverted back to ball form and fell towards the ground.

Flash didn't give it any chance this time, running forward as the ball fell to the ground and managing to catch it before it landed. "Gotcha!" He smirked, holding the orb clutched tightly in his hand and glaring at it. "You're not getting away this time."

With that out of the way, they turned towards the dome. "We have to get in there!" Lyra cried, as Leonidas fired at a single spot on the energy dome.

"Everyone. Aim for the spot I just struck. Give it everything you got!"

"RIGHT!" They all cried before launching their long range attacks at that spot, flames, lasers, wind, ice, water and simple sound clashed against the energy dome in an attempt to break through it. They fired as much as they could, using every ounce of strength they had left.

"Hold on Bonnie," Lyra whispered.


Back in the dome, Lucifer had finally knocked Wormquake off of him and kicked it with enough strength to knock it out of the ground. "Insignificant whelp!" But as he said that, he sensed movement and spun around.

Gaia's fist was flying at him and he caught it with a single hand, stopping it cold as Gaia glared at him. "That Bakugan stands in defense of this world along with all the others who have broken free of your evil. He may not hold an Attribute Energy, but I will not allow you to mock his effort. You will show him some respect!"

"Very well," Lucifer smirked before throwing her staggering backwards. "Then I shall treat him as I treat the rest of the fools that attempt to stand in my way, by holding absolutely nothing back."

"Well so will we!" Bonnie cried as she held up a pair of cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Gaia's shoulder cannons folded up as Wormquake started taking a deep breath. "Gaia Cannon, plus Dust Devil!" As the cannons filled with nature energy, Wormquake unleashed a blast of high-pressure sand that slammed into Lucifer.

"Augh!" He cried, the dust getting in his eyes whilst more scrapped against his body. All the while, Gaia's power rose.

Gaia+Wormquake: 1040Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

"RAAAAAAAAAH!" Gaia screamed as the cannons fired, sending a pair of beams out that merged into one before slamming into their target. Lucifer had just flown out of the sand blast when the laser struck him, the former angel Bakugan wincing at the high-intensity force currently slamming into him.

After almost a minute of this, the energy within the cannons ran out and the laser stopped firing. They all looked towards Lucifer and saw him panting, clearly exhausted. Bonnie was actually surprised that had worked, but then remembered he had already battled two other Bakugan in high-intensity battles right before he.

Even if he had the Darkus Energy, he didn't have unlimited stamina. He must have been running low.

"We just have to keep the pressure up," she realised. "Hit him again!" Gaia nodded and charged up another blast, but Lucifer opened his eyes and looked down at them. Sombra quickly held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Lucifer created an orb of dark energy, "Phantom Dread!" Bonnie's eyes went wide at this, remembering what Heath had told her.

"Gaia, you've gotta fire now!" Gaia launched the laser and it shot towards Lucifer, but he managed to dodge it as the orb grew larger. The laser was barely charged, so she only got one short shot from it.

"My turn!" Lucifer crushed the orb in his hand and created the dark energy wave, which flew towards Gaia ready to turn her into a terrified mess. But before it could hit her, Wormquake shot out of the ground and leapt in front of her.

"Wormquake!" Bonnie cried, as the worm was struck by the wave and pushed backwards. Gaia caught him, the wave completely bypassing her as she held her fellow Subterra Bakugan.

Gaia+Wormquake: 840Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

"Wormquake!" She cried, as the creature went limp. "Are you okay?" Wormquake began to move and when it did, it suddenly started struggling. "Calm down!" She cried, dropping the creature as it tried to tunnel itself under the ground.

"it's no good!" Bonnie told her, "that attacks got him terrified." Hearing this, Gaia turned to glare at Lucifer.

"You love this don't you. Having the power to make others fear you, just so you can have fun and get what you want."

Lucifer smirked. "Of course. Fear is the ultimate weapon. Those that feel no fear are truly invincible. And those weak enough to allow themselves to be overcome by such a pathetic emotion, deserve anything the strong wish to do to them."

"No," Gaia growled, "those that feel no fear are the weak ones. True strength comes from feeling fear and overcoming it. And that's why you won't win." As she said that, her body started glowing bright orange. "If you felt fear, you would know not to underestimate us! Now it's time to show you what it means to truly feel fear. BONNIE!"

"Right!" Bonnie cried as she held up a card. "Fusion Ability, Activate!" Gaia glowed as she drew about the power of nature, the light flying into her shoulder cannons to power them up once again. "INFINITE GAIA!"

Gaia+Wormquake: 1240Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

"RAAAAAAAAAAH!" The screamed as her cannons fired, a twin lasers combining into a super laser that flew towards Lucifer. As it did, Sombra held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" The laser struck Lucifer and he barely managed to keep it back with his hands, the force of the attack pushing him backwards. Bonnie and Gaia hoped this would be enough to knock him down, but to their shock Lucifer managed to hold on.

"No way," Bonnie cried. She was sure that after everything he had faced already, this would be the final straw. But then she noticed the Darkus Symbol on his chest was glowing. "What's that?"

"Vanishing Doom!" Sombra told her with a chuckle, "which negates your last Ability. That includes your Fusion Ability." The light from the symbol exploded off into a beam, which struck the Infinite Gaia beam and easily overpowered it.

Gaia watched as he attack was overpower eventually, the dark laser slammed into her. "Augh!" She cried as he power dropped, making her stagger back.

Gaia+Wormquake: 840Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

"Gaia!" Bonnie saw Lucifer then shoot down towards her, his claws primed to attack. "He's coming!" Gaia took a deep breath and Lucifer reached her, she threw a punch in his direction. But seconds before the attack collided, Lucifer vanished.

She gasped at this and sensed his presence behind her, Gaia spinning around expecting him to attack from the rear. But he didn't. His target was another Bakugan. "Wormquake, MOVE!" The Subterra Bakugan was still terrified, having tried to tunnel its way underground only to find the darkness even more terrifying.

So it remained above ground, making it the perfect target for Lucifer as he grabbed it by where its neck probably started.

The creature screamed as it was suddenly slammed into the ground and dragged along it, causing it great pain until Lucifer lifted it into the air. Gaia and Bonnie gasped at this, as Lucifer spun around and threw Wormquake towards her.

Gaia caught the Bakugan, staggering back from the weight, only for him to suddenly revert back to ball form. "Wormquake!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

"Now, to end this!" Lucifer chuckled as Sombra held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" The card exploded into black and white light, which flew into Lucifer's hands to form the energy spheres. "Paradise...LOST!" Lucifer threw the white orb towards Gaia as Bonnie gasped, telling to to get away but the giant Bakugan was too big.

She turned to run, but the orb struck her arm and expanded. "Gaia!" Bonnie gasped seeing a giant orb, which vaporised all the buildings it touched until it completely surrounded Gaia. "NO!" Bonnie cried, running over to try and help her, but Gaia shook her head.

"BONNIE, NO!" She stopped as Lucifer launched the black sphere towards her, "GET AWAY!" Bonnie gasped and ran, as the black orb struck the white one before expanding and merging with it. Gaia could only watch as the energy built, Bonnie trying to think of a way to save her. Then, Lucifer raised his hand and snapped his fingers to unleash the lightning upon her. "AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!"

"GAIA!" Bonnie saw her power drop and knew that when it hit zero, it would all be over. Then she realised what she could do and took out another Bakugan. "I need your help!" She prepared to launch it, but Lucifer spotted this.

"I DON'T THINK SO!" He thrust his hand out and launched a wave of force, which struck the ground in front of her and made it explode. Bonnie screamed at this as she was thrown back, the Bakugan remaining clutched in her hand. And as she hit the ground, Gaia's power completely bottomed out."

Gaia: 0Gs
Lucifer: 900Gs

The energy finally exploded off of her as she stood there, he head and shoulders slumped down as she seemed barely conscious. In that moment, Sombra held up his glove and fired a beam of light at her. The beam struck her in the back and began to drain the Subterra Energy, Gaia unable to fight against this and losing consciousness right before the last of the energy was sucked away and mixed with the Pyrus and Aquos Energies.

Bonnie moaned as she began to recover and look up, just in time to see Gaia falling toward the ground. "NO!" She got up and ran to the giant, but her legs gave out and she fell back to the ground as Gaia reverted back to ball form. "Gaia!" The ball fell to the ground and bounced around, rolling to a stop several feet away from her as the dome began to vanish. "Gaia," she tried to pull herself towards her partner but could barely do it.

Sombra smirked at the sight, as Lucifer flew down and grabbed him. "Four down, two to go."

Lucifer nodded, wanting to get the final two as quickly as possible. But he couldn't deny that his energy was running low. And before he could think of trying to get the two Bakugan he needed to target alone, he suddenly found them right next to him with their claws glowing and sparking.

"Raaaaah!" Leonidas roared as he slashed at Lucifer, who ducked under it as Garuda slashed at him as well. He managed to avoid it and shoot into the air, but Wukong, Ragnaroid and Terraspin was waiting for him there. They all launched at attack his way, but Lucifer created a barrier to block them as he panted.

"What's the matter?" Ragnaroid asked his creator, "a little tired? Good!" He launched another Apocalyptic Fire, but the flames simply bounced off his barrier.

"I might be a little winded," Lucifer smirked. "But I'm still winning. Your world is one step closer to defeat. My minions and I will conquer this realm and reshape it in our image." As he said that, Flash suddenly felt a burning coming from his hand.

"Augh!" He dropped the source of the heat, the hybrid they had captured. The Bakugan fell from his grasp and was surrounded by a dark shroud, hitting the ground and melting into it as he did. Flash growled as he looked back at the demon, Lucifer smirking before snapping his fingers.

In a flash of light, he disappeared. "HEY!" Leonidas roared at said light, "come back here, you coward!"

"I will not fight a battle I cannot win," Lucifer's voice echoed in their mind. "So I'll be patient. I've waited this long, why not a little longer. Don't worry, we'll be seeing each other again real soon." His voice faded along with the light, the BakuFighters and Rainbooms knowing he was gone and who knows where.

On the ground, Lyra and the others were helping Bonnie up. "Are you okay?" Lyra asked her best friend, who moaned but nodded.

"Yeah. Just...a little woozy." She looked over at where Gaia had fallen and saw Fluttershy pick her up, the pink haired girl moving over to them and holding the Bakugan out. "Gaia, are you okay?" Gaia let out a moan before opening up.

"Yes, though I could really do with a nap." The others flew down and jumped off their Bakugan, the lot of them frowning at the fact in front of them. They had beaten the hybrids and more of Lucifer's Bakugan were being taken out by other brawlers, but Lucifer now had four of the six Energies.

"We need to get back to Canterlot," Twilight stated. "We've all been through a lot and we need to come up with a new game plan." They all nodded and started making their way back towards the stadium, all wondering when Lucifer was going to strike next and what his plan was.


In a dark building, Sombra sat on a chair looking down at a table.

Lucifer was there, his six hybrid generals circling around them. "Master?" Rampager spoke up, "are you okay? I know we didn't defeat them like you hoped, but-"

"You do not need to worry," Lucifer told him. "I will not be punishing you for your failures. You managed to distract those fools long enough for me to acquire the three Attribute Energies and that was enough. Now I must focus on regaining my strength so that I can deal with the final two who hold my prize."

"We need to find a way to seperate them all," Sombra stated. "The others are gonna do whatever it takes to keep those other two from being alone, so we can't surprise them again like we did the other three."

"We could go attack some other places and make them split up again," Roaster suggested.

"They won't fall for that a second time," Lucifer told him. "No. Instead we must focus on putting pressure to them. Attack something important to them." He chuckled, "and I know exactly what that something is going to be." He began to explain his plan, making Sombra and the others smirk at the evil genius of it.


Back in Canterlot, Candy pushed through the crowd of people when she saw her daughter appear out of the machine.

"Bonnie!" She grabbed her scrapped up child and pulled her into a hug. "I was so worried. Don't you ever scare me like that again." Bonnie's heart squeezed at the thought of making her mother worry, but knew she probably couldn't keep that promise. Not with all the danger they were facing right now.

The others looked worried as they managed to find their family, Soarin, Rainbow and Fluttershy wishing they could be in Cloudsdale to make sure their families were okay.

Flash found his sister and parents along with Twilight's family, the two teens rushing over to them. "Flash!" Misty hugged him, "you had us worried."

"Yeah, but I told you I'd be okay." He pulled away as Leonidas jumped onto his shoulder.

"I guess we have you to thank for keeping him safe," Trail told him as Leonidas looked bashful.

"We kept each other safe. That's what partners do. Though the last thing I'd call us right now is safe." Flash and Twilight nodded before they, the BakuFighters, Rainbooms and their families moved over to sit around a large table.

"So what's the plan now?" Garuda asked. "We were going to all take Lucifer down together, but his little distractions let him split us up before we could."

"I can't believe we didn't see this coming," Nimue sighed. "Lucifer played us all for fools." The others all sat back, sighing as they each tried to think of some way to turn the tide back in their favour. But it was Cadance who spoke up.

"I think you guys shouldn't try to think of anything right now." They were all surprised to hear this, as Scootaloo returned with drinks for the brawlers to enjoy. "You've all been through a lot today. You're all exhausted, both physically and mentally. You won't be able to operate right now until you've given yourselves time to recharge."

"She's right," Misty nodded. "And it's not just today. From what I've seen, you've all been going all out since this whole mess even started. You need to sit back and relax, at least for a little bit." They didn't like this idea, believing that time was of the essence. But they also knew Cadance and Misty had a point. They had been through a lot and beating Lucifer would be impossible if they were completely exhausted.

They looked around and saw the stadium foye wasn't as filled as it had been when they left. Shining explained that many people had headed deeper into the stadium, believing that would be the safest spot to stay in case Bakugan began attacking. Luckily, all the Bakugan in Canterlot had either been defeated or left when the field allowing them movement expanded.

Several people had discussed returning home, but none of them did so at the thought of the Bakugan returning.

Many people had gone out and returned with vans of food to keep the people fed until this insanity ended. Said food was now being given to the courageous heroes as they continued to rest in the foye. Bonnie and her mother had taken a spot in a corner to talk whilst Applejack and her family were huddled together in another one.

Lyra, Heath, Pinkie and Rarity were all with their families, whilst Derpy had found her parents and sister. To say they had been scared when they saw her after three days was an understatement. Then there was Soarin, Rainbow and Fluttershy, who had realised they could travel to Cloudsdale the same way they travelled to all the other cities.

Soarin had chosen to stay behind, knowing that he needed to stay near the others along with Flash so Lucifer couldn't attack him on his own. Twilight had gone in his place to make sure the girls and their parents could return in case something went wrong with the transporters there.

Currently, Flash was sitting at the same table everyone had been around before as the sun began to set. The Bakugan fights were all slowly winding down, though Flash was sure the Bakugan were just going somewhere to rest so they could continue rampaging the next day.

Leonidas was there with him, the pair unsure whether or not they could even win at this point. Lucifer had managed to battle three of their friends one after another with barely any ware by the end of it. He would likely be back to full strength tomorrow and Flash knew he was gonna come after them.

"Flash?" The teen turned his see his parents sit down next to him, holding wrapped up sandwiches and soda. "You okay?" Trail asked, Flash nodding.

"Yeah. Just...wondering when the heck my life got so insane."

"Wasn't it the day Leo was given to you?" Scootaloo asked, as she sat next to him. Flash nodded as he looked down at the dragon.

"True. And if you'd told me on that day I'd be one of the last lines of defence for our world, I would have laughed in your face. I never thought I'd be anything special. I just wanted to brawl."

"That's probably why Dragonia picked you," Leonidas told him.

"What do you mean?" Flash asked.

"I know I'm probably the youngest one around, but I've learned a lot in my time on this planet. One of those things I've learned is that the best person to handle power is someone who doesn't think they deserve it." Flash wondered what he meant by that. "You remember the story they told us about Lucifer. He was the one who ended the war between the factions and given a position of prominence. Well I'm willing to bet if the Bakugan hadn't held him in such high regards, he might have never gone on this rampage for power."

"You think so?"

"I know so," Leonidas nodded. "He knew he was special because he was a White One and managed to stop the war. Then the Bakugan started hailing him like some kind of god. That kind of position would probably get to anyone's head."

"He might have a point," Misty nodded. "Throughout history, it's always been proven that power can corrupt almost anyone. But most of the time, those most corrupted by it are those who sort it out instead of having it thrust upon them."

Trail nodded. "Look at the guy you said was partly responsible for all this. Sombra's spent his entire life trying to get his company to be the richest one in the world. And when he accomplished that, it clearly wasn't enough for him. Now he's moved on to this. But you're not him. You don't want power. The strength you've worked hard to acquire wasn't for you, but to help those. At least, that's what we can tell given what we've heard about this whole thing."

Flash smiled at this, understanding what they meant. "Thanks guys." His parents smiled back.

Meanwhile, Bonnie and her mother sat side by side. Bonnie was currently slurping up a package soup through a straw, only now realising just how hungry she really was. "Are you sure you're okay?" Candy asked her. Bonnie nodded.

"I'm fine. A little tired, but hopefully a good night's sleep'll fix that and I can get back to fighting against Lucifer and his cronies." Candy didn't look happy to hear that.

"Are you sure? This all seems so dangerous. I don't want to lose you." Bonnie smiled at this, snuggling closer to her.

"I know you're worried about me. I know what happened with Dad has made you really protective." Candy was surprised Bonnie was talking so openly about that time of her life. "And I love how protective you are. But I can't walk away from this. I was chosen to fight against Lucifer and I'm glad I was." She looked down at the ground, where Gaia was sitting on her foot. "Because it meant I got to meet Gaia and all my other friends. And I've grown so much since I did. That's why I won't step aside and abandon them. Because I'm not the kind of person who just runs away from my problems any more."

Her mother was still surprised by this, but could see just how much stronger Bonnie seemed.

"Mom," Bonnie looked at her. "If dad every manages to find us...I don't wanna run away." Candy's eyes went wide. "If he comes here, I won't let him push me around. He might think he can bully us, but compared to Lucifer and everything else I've faced he's nothing. I know that together, you, me and even my friends would be able to get him to leave us alone."

"Are you sure?" Bonnie nodded and Candy smiled, hugging her daughter tightly. No matter what, they would stand up to whatever the world threw at them. Whether it be human or Bakugan.

Heath and his parents had been talking about the Bakugan, Heath explaining everything that had happened since meeting Wukong. To say they were amazed was an understatement. But in the middle of their conversation, the laptop his father had brought with him finally managed to connect to the stadium's WiFi.

When it did, they instantly got a call from someone. "It's Blaze," Heath's father announced as he accepted the call.

Blaze's face appeared on the screen, his eyes going wide seeing them. "Are you guys okay? What the heck is going on over there?"

"It's a long story," Heath explained. Blaze looked worried.

"Bro, how the heck did you get to Keystone, then all the way to St Louis and back? What the heck is happening?" Heath laughed and started explaining, Blaze amazed by everything he was hearing. "Wow," he smirked, "a lot's happened since I've been gone." He then noticed Wukong on Heath's shoulder, "Is that this Bakugan you were talking about."

"Sure is," Heath held Wukong up for Blaze to get a better look.

"Thanks for looking after my little brother."

"We look after each other," Wukong assured him. The family smile, happy that everyone was getting along. The world might be ending, but their family was growing stronger.


Back with Soarin, he was drinking a soda when the transporter activated.

In a flash, Twilight returned and she wasn't alone. Rainbow, Fluttershy and their family followed through. Then, another two individuals appeared out of it. One was a light blue skinned woman wearing a business suit with her graying yellow hair up in a bun, whilst the other was a dark skinned man in a similar suit and a head of hair like Soarin.

"Mom!" Soarin rushed over to them, "Dad!" He hugged the woman and she hugged back.

"Soarin," she gasped, "thank goodness you're okay." She pulled away and checked him over, "what were you thinking, doing something so dangerous. We saw you on TV and almost had a heart attack."

"I'm sorry," Soarin sighed. "But I had to." Garuda jumped onto his shoulder. "Mom, dad. There's something I need to tell you."

As the family moved to sit at one of the few tables, Lyra was making her way through the crowd to make sure everything was okay. Her family was all safe, so she didn't need to worry about them. And once they had been brought up to speed, Lyra began looking around.

"Lyra!" She and Nimue turned to the voice and was surprised to see Minuette, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine sitting on the ground a ways off.

"Guys," she moved over to them, "are you okay?"

"We're good," Minuette told her. "But these Bakugan and totally wrecking everything. Like...why is this happening?"

"Because someone wasn't happy with their role in life," Nimue explained. The girls noticed her and were surprised to see the toy talking. "Lucifer hated that he didn't have any power, so he decided to take it no matter how much damage that does to the world."

"Wow," Lemon looked at her, "how are you making it talk like that?"

"It has a name," Lyra sighed. "This is Nimue, my Bakugan partner." The three seemed surprised that Nimue was a Bakugan, clearly not getting the whole size changing thing. "Anyway, you three weren't hurt in all this, were you?"

"No," Twinkleshine told her. "We're fine. But we saw what you did on TV. What happened to that super tall lady that was shooting water everywhere?" Lyra couldn't help but laugh at this and pointed towards Nimue, making them realise they were looking at that super tall lady. Lyra had to admit, she had missed this. She was glad she had a chance to reconnect with them again.

Back over with Soarin and his parents, they were shocked by this. His mother, Sylph Sprinter, looked terrified at the thought of the monster causing this coming after her son. Meanwhile, his father Atmos seemed unsure about this. "We have to leave," Sylph then told him. "He must think you're here, so we'll leave and hide until he's gone."

"That won't work," Soarin told her. "Lucifer will find us. He's not gonna stop until he has the Ventus Energy Garuda has."

"Then he can stay here and we'll leave," Sylph stated. This got Soarin very upset.

"I'm not gonna abandon him. Garuda's my best friend and without me with him, he wouldn't stand a chance against Lucifer. And if Lucifer gets all six Attribute Energies, he'll destroy the world." That statement terrified his parents, but they were just as scared of having their son in danger.

Garuda moved over to them. "I know you're both scared. But your son is strong. He's proven himself again and again to be a great warrior. I couldn't ask for anyone better to have by my side. And I promise, no matter what happens I'll keep him safe. Even if it costs me my own life." Soarin's parents seemed to believe this, though both were just as weirded out about the talking piece of plastic. Clearly, things were getting a little too strange for them.

Whilst this was happening, Derpy had made peace with her family and introduced them to Ragnaroid. She knew she had a lot to explain to them, but that would need to wait until another time. Instead, she was looking around for someone else.

"Derpy." She saw Pipsqueak in one of the corridors, sitting next to a head banded Rumble and someone else. Thunderlane. "You're okay," Pip smiled at her. "I was really worried when I heard Dark Industries imploded. But then I saw you on TV."

"Yeah," Derpy smiled, "I'm fine. But things are really getting insane." She noticed Rumble and saw Thunderlane was making sure he was comfortable. "Are you...his brother?"

"That's me," Thunderlane nodded before looking up at her. "Have we met?" Derpy wanted to say yes, but realised she had only met him as Phantom.

"Kinda. It's a long story." She looked Rumble over, "is he gonna be okay?" Thunderland nodded.

"He's fine. Just a little bump on the head. I could have used a bandaid, but he wanted to look cool." Derpy laughed at this, happy Rumble had found his brother and wasn't in any serious danger. At least they would be safe...for now anyway.


Outside the stadium, Flash and Leonidas were looking up at the now darkening skies.

The pair sighed as they looked out at the city. If it wasn't for several buildings being missing and large amounts of smoke still flowing up into the air, one could almost convince themselves everything was perfectly normal. But it wasn't and everything was completely insane.

"You probably shouldn't be out here by yourself." Flash looked around to see Twilight walking towards him. "If Lucifer shows up, he could trap you in a dome all on your own."

"Nah," Flash shook his head, "I doubt that. The only way he could is if he put the edge of the dome right next to the stadium, and I'm pretty sure I could run out from under it before he could do that." Twilight smirked at the confidence and sat down besides him.

"Are you worried?"

"A little," Flash nodded. "Worried we're gonna fail. But I'm also worried about what'll come if we manage to beat Lucifer."

"Everything will go back to normal," Twilight told him.

"Will it?" Flash sighed. "The rest of the world knows the Bakugan are real creatures now. If we manage to defeat Lucifer, things are gonna change. The Bakugan will all be free and hopefully, they'll be able to talk. What if the government starts rounding them up for experiments? And after all this, everyone who isn't a brawler might think the Bakugan are to blame for all this. What then?"

Twilight frowned, unsure how to answer that. All she could do was slowly scoot over until she leaned onto his side, placing her head on his shoulder. "Then we'll deal with it together. Like we have everything else. I don't know what the future may hold, but I know there's nothing we can't overcome when we face it together."

Flash smiled at this and moved his head so it was on top of her's, Spike and Leo heading back into the colosseum to give them some space. At the same time, Cadance, Velvet and Misty were watching from inside and couldn't help but smile. Shining also saw this and wasn't sure how he felt, but could see Flash was a good kid.


What none of them realised, however, was that the stadium was being watched by Sombra and Lucifer.

The pair were standing atop a building, glaring down at the building. "We could take them now," Sombra told him. "Strike fast, attack and destroy the building. If the Bakugan survive, they'll be in no fit shape to protect themselves. The Attribute Energies will be ours."

"No," Lucifer shook his head, "let them have their rest. Doing so will cause them to relax and lower their guard, giving us the perfect time to strike. Come, we have much to prepare for." With that, they left as the sun completely set. It would be a long night.


The next morning

Flash didn't know what time he fell asleep. One moment he had been setting on the ground with his sister besides him, the next he suddenly found himself being shaken awake. "Flash!" Scootaloo cried, "wake up!" He did so and looked around, seeing everyone in the stadium was looking up at the TVs. "Something's happening."

Flash stood up and managed to push his way to the front of the group, where he found images on the screen of multiple places across the country.

"As you can see, the strange creatures that had started attacking our world have mysteriously vanished. All over the nation, not a single one has been spotted. Many are hoping that this means the end of this apparent invasion. But many others are refusing to believe that and are preparing for a second wave."

"Please let this be over," Flash heard someone cry. But when he and his friends locked eyes, they all knew that Lucifer wouldn't be going down so easily. And they were were quickly proven right.

Suddenly, the ground beneath them violently began to shake. Many people were knocked over and several ended up hitting their heads on things, Flash managing to stay upright as a loud roar caught his attention. It was coming from outside, causing him, the BakuFighters and the Rainbooms to rush out of the stadium with their families going with them.

Once they were outside, the Bakugan that could fly flew as high as they could in their ball forms. And in doing so, they saw an entire army of Bakugan. Said army was circling the entire city, made up of every kind of Bakugan Lucifer still had under his control. And leading the charge were the six hybrids.

They quickly flew down to tell their friends what was happening and they all realised what Lucifer was doing. If he couldn't split them apart, he would simply crush them under tremendous pressure. And Canterlot would end up crushed along with them.

Author's Note:

Well, that was thankfully different. Sorry if the last few chapters were a little repetitive. Hope you enjoyed this and what will happen next time.

PreviousChapters Next