• Published 26th Mar 2022
  • 2,549 Views, 278 Comments

Bakugan EQG - Banshee531



Bakugan, the most popular game in the world. But there's more to it then meets the eye. Now, a group of teens must work together to save both their world and another.

  • ...
6
 278
 2,549

PreviousChapters Next
Dual Brawl

The Bakugan Battle Tournament was growing more and more intense, with over half the teams having now been eliminated.

At the top of the leaderboard was the team known as the BakuFighters, as their members had eliminated two members of the previous top scorers: The Rainbooms.

One of the Rainbooms had finally been set free, allowing her to go wild and make up for the time she spent cooped up. "Ability," Rainbow held up a card as she watched Soartoise shoot through the air of the city field, "Activate!" Soartoise remained in place as the Serpenoid, Terrorclaw and Saurus looked up at him. "Shell Tornado!"

Soartoise unleashed the hurricane, which struck the three and sent them flying back until they struck sides of the buildings. Each one then reverted back to ball form before flying over to Rainbow, who caught them and Soartoise with a smirk on her lips as her opponents lost their life points.

"Later, losers!" With that, she turned to leave and began throwing her newest Bakugan up and catching them. "That was too easy. The next opponent better be a challenge." But whilst she had won her match, her teammate's was still in full swing and another was about to begin.


In the forest area, Lyra and Pinkie were staring up at Fluttershy as she had just set a Gate Card whilst sitting on a branch. "Hello Pinkie," she told her teammate. "You disappoint me. To think you'd lose to such a weakling."

"Weakling?" Pinkie asked, "you'd never say anything like that to anyone."

"She's not the Fluttershy you know," Lyra told her. "She's like you were. Under Phantom's control." Pinkie frowned at this, whilst Lyra noticed Phantom was nowhere to be seen. A small part of her wondered why he hadn't shown up, since this felt like the perfect place for him to battle in.

"What do we do?" Pinkie asked, Nimue leaping onto Lyra's shoulder.

"You should head to our bunker. It isn't to far from here." Lyra nodded in agreement, though Pinkie didn't seem to like that.

"But Fluttershy-"

"She won't see you as her friend. Since you lost, she'll likely want to punish you. The only way to turn her back to normal is to beat her." Lyra turned to her, "leave that to me."

Pinkie waited for a moment, then nodded. "Alright." She took a few steps back, "be careful." Lyra nodded back before Pinkie turned to run off, allowing her turn focus back on her opponent.

"You finished?" Fluttershy asked as Lepusinge jumped onto her shoulder.

"Because we're itching to knock you losers down and show you where you belong."

"I don't think so," Nimue stated. "We're the ones who'll show you where you belong."

"With us," Lyra finished. "Your friends."

"I don't think so," Fluttershy stood up and grabbed Lepusinge. "There's only one way this brawl's gonna end. With you losers beaten and crying in defeat. Bakugan!" Fluttershy threw her partner towards the ground, "BRAWL!" Lepusinge shot through the air, hitting a pair of power-ups along the way, then landed on the ground and popped open. "Bakugan, STAND!" It a burst of fire, the red, white and yellow rabbit Bakugan appeared.

Lepusinge: 440Gs

"OH...YEAH!" The rabbit smirked, "let's get this going!" In that moment, he started glowing as the power-ups kicked in.

Lepusinge: 540Gs

Lyra watched as Lepusinge jumped from side to side, getting into a boxer pose. "Nimue," she told her Bakugan, "you ready?"

"I am," Nimue nodded before closing up. "Let's do this." Lyra caught her and jump up into the trees, spotting a bunch of power-ups and running along the branch before leaping into the air.

"Bakugan," she threw Nimue, "BRAWL!" The Aquos Bakugan flew through the air and struck three of the coins before landing on the ground, "Bakugan...STAND!" Nimue popped open and appeared in a spiral of water, the power-ups boosting her Gs to nearly match Lepusinge.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 540Gs

"The brawl between Fluttershy and Lyra is on! Will this brawl go the way Lyra's last one went, or can Fluttershy claw back a little respect for her team?

"Gate Card!" Fluttershy pointed to the ground, "OPEN!" The ground lit up before fire exploded in lines along the ground, "Pyrus Reactor!"

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 740Gs

"NICE!" Lepusinge cheered as he powered up, then started running forwards. "Let's do this!" He started throwing punch after punch at Nimue, who did her best to avoid both them and the fire.

"Double Ability!" Lyra held up two cards, "Activate!" The cards glowed as Nimue leapt back. "Vapour Blast, plus Draining Rain!" Nimue fired the blast of steam into Lepusinge's face, making him cry out and stagger back. As that happened, a dark cloud appeared above Nimue and she quickly used her hydrokenisis to push it towards the rabbit.

"Ahh!" He cried, hating the rain that was currently splashing down on top of him. He quickly jumped out of it, but the power had already been taken.

Nimue: 600Gs
Lepusinge: 440Gs

As he staggered back, Nimue leapt at him and threw her let around to kick him in the cheek. "Gyah!" Fluttershy glared at this before holding up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge regained his footing and jumped forward, his foot exploding as he swung it around. "Blaze Kick!"

Nimue: 600Gs
Lepusinge: 640Gs

"Raaah!" Lepusinge smashed Nimue in the face, making the maiden cry out as she was burned. "Hot enough for yah?"

Nimue staggered back and glared at him, whilst Lyra took out a card. "Ability, Activate!" A water sphere appeared around Nimue, "Raging River!" She sphere then exploded into a stream of water, which Nimue sent flying towards Lepusinge.

"You need to cool off!" She cried as the water struck the rabbit, washing him backwards.

"AUGH!"

Nimue: 600Gs
Lepusinge: 240Gs

Fluttershy was forced to leap into the air, so as to not get washed away, landing on a branch as Lepusinge hit the ground. When she did, she noticed something on the end of the branch.

The water faded whilst Nimue rushed towards him, "I'm taking you down!" But before she could reach him, Fluttershy held up two cards.

"Double Ability...ACTIVATE!" As Nimue attempted to stomp on Lepusinge, he rolled away and jumped to his feet. "Power Dash, plus Flare Jump!" He began to rush around at incredible speed, then leapt straight up into the air.

Nimue: 600Gs
Lepusinge: 490Gs

"That's not enough!" Nimue stated as she crossed her arms, Lepusinge flying downwards and slamming his foot into her but the crossed arms allowed her to push him away. "Lyra!" Her partner nodded and took out a card. But before she could activate it, Fluttershy had run to the end of the branch and grabbed the Surprise Ability there.

"Got it!" She cried, jumping off the end of the branch as the card glowed. In that moment, vines shot out of the tree and wrapped around Nimue's arms and legs.

"What?" She asked, trying to pull herself free but couldn't. Lyra also tried to activate her Ability, but the card remained unresponsive. "What is this?"

"Vine Prison," Fluttershy smirked as she stood tall. "This Surprise Ability prevents you from activate Abilities and traps your Bakugan in place. To bad."

"Not good," Lyra gulped whilst Fluttershy took out a card.

"Now, Fusion Ability...ACTIVATE!" The card glowed along with Lepusinge's body, a fiery aura appearing around him. "Blazing Hi-Jump Kick!"

"THAT'S THE STUFF!" Lepusinge cried as he took three leaps back before running forward, his feet beginning to steam. He then leapt straight into the air, doing several flips before his feet exploded and propelled him downwards. "TAKE THIS!" He roared before spinning around and thrusting his blazing foot into Nimue.

Nimue: 600Gs
Lepusinge: 840Gs

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed as he entire body ignited, burning the vines and throwing her backwards.

"NIMUE!" Lyra cried as she watched her partner revert back to ball form and fall to the ground, her life points dropping.

Lyra: 52%
Fluttershy: 100%

"Fluttershy takes round one of this match. Talk about a lucky Surprise Ability."

Lyra rushed over to Nimue and picked her up, "you alright?" Nimue opened up and moaned.

"That hurt," she stated as Lepusinge returned to Fluttershy. She caught him and smirked before flipping her pair around. "She's just as strong as Pinkie."

"But a lot more brutal," Lyra stated as she stood up. "This is gonna be tricky."


Back at the bunker, Rarity and the BakuFighters frowned as they watched that happen to Lyra.

In that moment, the door opened and Pinkie rushed in. "Guys!" She cried, looking around and seeing them. "How's Lyra?"

"Not good," Rarity stated before rushing over to her. "I'm just glad you're alright," she hugged her and Pinkie hugged back. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Pinkie pulled away before turning to the TV. "But seeing Fluttershy like that..." The others frowned, knowing how she must feel. Then, Flash hit a button of the remote.

"You might not like this either," Pinkie saw the screen split in two and see who was on the other side.

"Applejack?"


Back in the Canyon field, Applejack and Bonnie were looking at their BakuColars and seeing the results of Lyra and Fluttershy's Brawl.

Applejack chuckled before looking up at Bonnie. "As fun as it is ta see Shy whoop ya'h friend's butt, we should get back ta our match."

"Yeah!" Fenroar growled, "let's get brawling again. I'm itching to sink my teeth into you again."

"They're right," Gaia stated. "We need to beat them and free them from Phantom's power." Bonnie nodded and took out her Gate Card, turning back towards the pair.

"Alright then! Gate Card...SET!" She threw it and leapt into the air, Applejack doing the same and the two landed on a large rock each before looking around and spotting a bunch of power-ups. The two of them rushed forward, jumping from one rock to another before leaping into the air.

"BAKUGAN!" They threw their partners towards the cluster, "BRAWL!" Gaia and Fenroar shot through the air and hit the cluster, both collecting around the same amount as one another before hitting the ground and rolling forward. "BAKUGAN!" They popped open, "STAND!"

In a burst of orange light, the two Subterra Bakugan appeared and stared one another down. Gaia took a defensive stance, whilst Fenroar bared his teeth and prepared his claws. Their power-ups kicked in, causing them to glow.

Gaia: 600Gs
Fenroar: 630Gs

"Ability," Applejack held up a card, "Activate!" Fenroar took a deep breath, "Howlin' Force!" He let out his hyper-sonic roar, which shot across the battlefield as Bonnie took out a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Gaia raised her shield and blocked the sonic howl. "Oak Defender!" She flinched, but managed to hold back the pressure placed on her and push forward. Her steps rattled the ground, whilst Bonnie held up another card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed, whilst Gaia pulled her foot back. "Wood Slammer!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Fenroar: 630Gs

Fenroar crossed his arms as the wooden leg swung towards him and smashed him backwards, the wolf let out a yip as he was thrown backwards. He fell backwards, but rolled back to his feet as Applejack held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Gaia tried to kick Fenroar again, but the wolf glowed before disappearing in a flurry of speed. "Stealth Hunter!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Fenroar: 730Gs

Gaia looked around, watching as the wolf Bakugan moved around at incredible speed. Applejack then held up another card. "Ability, Activate!" Fenroar came to a stop in front of Gaia, "Wolf Claw Strike!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Fenroar: 880Gs

Fenroar's claws extended before he shot forward, shooting passed Gaia and slashing at her waist. "AUGH!" She cried, clutching her side. She glanced back and saw Fenroar shoot off with incredible speed. But before he could get away, Bonnie held up two cards.

"Double Ability, Activate!" Gaia's skirt vines extended and shot into the ground, then broke out of the ground around Fenroar and wrapping around him. "Vine Trap, plus Earth Power!" With Fenroar trapped, Gaia raised her foot and slammed it into the ground.

Fenroar cried out as the ground shook, making him dizzy and causing his power to drop.

Gaia: 700Gs
Fenroar: 580Gs

Gaia rushed forward, ready to slam her boot down on Fenroar. But before she could, Applejack held up a pair of cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Fenroar's teeth extended, as her shook and caused sand to shoot off of him and into the air. "Mega Fang, plus Sand Cloak!"

The sand flew into Gaia's eyes, making her cry out as her power lowered. Meanwhile, Fenroar began biting at the vines and freeing himself.

Gaia: 600Gs
Fenroar: 680Gs

Bonnie reached for her Ability, but feared it might not be enough. But then, she noticed a flash coming from a crack in the ground and leapt down off the rock. Landing besides the crack, she spotted the Surprise Ability and reached inside to grab it.

But no sooner had she, the card glowed red and exploded. In that moment, a crack opened up under Gaia's foot and she tripped. "Ahhh!"

Gaia: 500Gs
Fenroar: 680G

"Ouch!" The announcer stated, "unlucky choice of Surprise Abilities!"

Fenroar smirked at this, as Applejack took out a card. "Fusion Ability, Active!" Sand shot off Fenroar and spiralled around him, the wolf taking a deep breath. "Desert Howlin!" He roared, the force causing the sand around him to shot towards Gaia at incredible force.

Gaia: 500Gs
Fenroar: 1030Gs

Gaia raised her shield and tried to block the sand, but the force was just to much. "Augh!" She cried, feeling like she would be beaten any second. But before she was.

"Gate Card!" Bonnie cried, "OPEN!" The ground lit up and several trees made entirely out of energy appeared around Gaia, blocking the sand. "Grand Forest!"

"Grand what?" Applejack asked as the trees exploded, the light flying into Gaia.

"Grand Forest. A Gate Card that only works for Gaia. If her G power if five hundred or less, this card doubles it."

Gaia: 1000Gs
Fenroar: 1030Gs

"Not bad," Applejack smirked. "But you're still not gonna beat-" She stopped when Bonnie held up a card, "ah crab-apples."

"Ability, Activate!" The card glowed, whilst Gaia glowed green. "Ultra Growth!"

Gaia: 1200Gs
Fenroar: 1030Gs

Gaia smirked before charging forward, Fenroar's eyes going wide as Gaia swung her leg around to smash it into the wolf. Fenroar howled in pain as he was thrown backwards, reverting back to ball form. Applejack frowned as her life points dropped, Fenroar landing on the ground in front of her.

Bonnie: 74%
Applejack: 66%

"With that, Bonnie takes the lead over Applejack." Gaia returned to Bonnie, who was keeping an eye on Applejack as he picked Fenroar up. "Things were looking worrisome for a moment, but a surprise Gate Card let her even the score."

Bonnie and Gaia stared at Applejack, as she glared up at them. "Ya'h think ya'h so good, huh?" She flicked Fenroar up and caught it, "but this match is far from over."

"I know," Bonnie told her. "That's why we're gonna keep pushing forward until we win and get our friends back." Applejack and Fenroar before glared at the pair, clearly not liking that. And as they did, the strange dark aura appeared around the pair.

"There it is," Gaia whispered. "The dark energy controlling them."

"And we have to beat them if we wanna get rid of it," Bonnie stated. But with Applejack taking out a Gate Card, she knew that would likely be difficult.


Back in the forest field, Lyra and Nimue were still recovering from the last round.

"Gonna give up?" Fluttershy asked you, "I wouldn't blame you. It's clear you're no match for us." Lepusinge jumped onto her shoulder.

"I hope you don't though. It's to much fun smacking you around."

"You won't be smacking me around any more," Nimue stated before turning to Lyra. "Let's show them why every video game has water as fire's main weakness." Lyra nodded and pulled out a Gate Card before running over to a tree and using it to springboard up onto another tree's branch.

"Gate Card...SET!" The card flew to the ground and exploded, as Lyra rushed along the branch and spotted a cluster of power-ups. Fluttershy leapt up onto a branch as well and began to run along it, spotting her own cluster of power-ups.

"BAKUGAN!" They threw their partners towards the two clusters, "BRAWL!" They hit a good deal of them before landing on the forest floor, then rolled along it before popping open. "BAKUGAN...STAND!" In swirling vortexes of fire and water, the pair appeared and the power-ups kicked in.

Nimue: 700Gs
Lepusinge 640Gs

"Ability," Fluttershy held up a card, "Activate!" Lepusinge leapt up into the air, his foot exploding and propelling him downwards. "Blaze Kick!"

As Lepusinge flew towards Nimue, Lyra held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Water was pulled from out of the surrounding flora and formed a barrier around Nimue, which Lepusinge struck and bounced off as his flaming foot extinguished. "Misty Barricade, plus Vapour Blast!"

"Take this!" Nimue cried as she thrust a ball of water towards Lepusinge, the ball exploding into a stream that struck him and pushed the bunny backwards.

Nimue: 700Gs
Lepusinge 440Gs

Lepusinge managed to land on his back and used his large feet to push himself backwards, rolling upright as Fluttershy held up a pair of cards. "My turn. Double Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge shot forward at incredible speed, "Power Dash!" He turned into a blur, appearing and disappearing every second.

Nimue: 700Gs
Lepusinge 540Gs

"Plus Flaming Slap!" Lepusinge then appeared the second the Misty Barricade vanished, then started spinning around and swinging his ears around. Again and again, they slammed into Nimue and burned her whilst stealing away her power with every hit.

Nimue: 550Gs
Lepusinge 540Gs

She finally managed to leap back out of Lepusinge's range, but as she did Fluttershy noticed something hanging from a nearby branch like a leaf. A Surprise Card. So, deciding to go for broke, she leapt up and plucked it off the branch. As soon as she grabbed it, the card glowed before exploding out of her hands and shot towards Lepusinge.

"Fluttershy just got Super Fruit. A very useful Surprise Card." Said card reached the rabbit and morphed into a delicious looking fruit, Lepusinge grabbing it and quickly chowing down.

"Ummm," he groaned in delight, "delicious." As he said that, he began to glow.

Nimue: 550Gs
Lepusinge 690Gs

"Great," Nimue sighed, as Lyra held up her card.

"Ability, Activate!" Nimue formed a ball of water before leaping into the air, "OVERFLOW!" She thrust the ball towards the ground and it exploded upon contact, flying towards Lepusinge.

But before it could reach him, Fluttershy leapt up onto a tree and held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge leapt straight up, bouncing over the oncoming tidalwave. "Bounce Deflection!"

Nimue: 550Gs
Lepusinge 790Gs

As Lepusinge flew above the water, Nimue landing in it, Fluttershy held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge flew towards the ground, his feet beginning to steam again. "Flare Jump!" As the water faded, Lepusinge landed and then shot forward with an explosion of fire shooting out of his feet.

"You're going down!" He cried to Nimue, but she wasn't scared.

Nimue: 550Gs
Lepusinge 940Gs

"Ability," Lyra held up a card, "Activate!" Nimue formed another orb and water-bent it around her, "Raging River!" She blasted the water towards Lepusinge and it struck him, the rabbit crying out as he was knocked back and the flames from his feet extinguished.

Nimue: 550Gs
Lepusinge 640Gs

Lepusinge cried out as he hit the ground, with Nimue turning to Lyra and nodding. "Alright," she pointed to the ground, "Gate Card open!" With that, the field began to glow before geysers exploded out of the ground. "Great Lake!" The water spread across the battlefield, hitting Lepusinge and knocking him off his feet again.

"What?" Fluttershy asked as she leapt onto another tree branch, the water submerging several of the lower branches. "What is this?"

"Great Lake!" Lyra stated from another branch. "This card turns the battlefield into a lake and saps away a hundred points from any non-Aquos Bakugan, giving them to the strongest Aquos Bakugan on the field." Fluttershy watched as light flew out of Lepusinge and shot through the water, flying into Nimue. It was then Fluttershy noticed the Aquos Bakugan was actually standing on the water.

Nimue: 650Gs
Lepusinge 540Gs

"Are you kidding me?" She asked, only for Lyra to hold up another card.

"Let's do this. Fusion Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Nimue formed a ball of water. Fluttershy panicked, but watched as Lepusinge tried to jump up out of the water. Unfortunately, the knee-high water made it impossible. She couldn't use her Fusion Ability. "Current of Power!" Nimue fired the high-pressure blast of water, which shot across the lake and struck Lepusinge.

"GYAH!" He gargled as he was blasted back, slamming into the water as their points changed.

Nimue: 750Gs
Lepusinge 270Gs

Fluttershy looked around and spotted a Surprise Card on the branch of a tree, though her Bakugan and a large lake stood between them. But she wasn't worried. "Lepusinge!" She leapt off the branch and down towards her Bakugan, who saw her fall and quickly raised one of his feet.

She landed on his toe and he kicked her upwards, allowing to sail towards the tree and grabbed the Surprise Card. And as luck would have it...it was just a basic power-up card.

Nimue: 750Gs
Lepusinge 370Gs

Before Fluttershy could try and find another Surprise Card, Nimue temps levé forward and landed in front of Lepusinge as he picked himself up. She then twirled around and slammed the back of her leg into Lepusinge, making him cry out as he was thrown into the tree Fluttershy was one.

"WOW!" She cried as the tree rattled, knocking her off and into the water. In the same moment, Lepusinge reverted to ball form and Fluttershy's life gauge went down.

Lyra: 52%
Fluttershy: 24%

"Lyra of the BakuFighters showing she isn't washed up yet," the announcer stated as Nimue returned to Lyra and the water began to dry up. "How will Fluttershy take this development?" In that moment, Fluttershy appeared from under the water. She was soaked and her hair was plastered to her face, whilst Lepusinge rolled over to her.

Lyra leapt down from the tree, as Fluttershy grabbed her partner, stood up and pulled her hair away from her face to reveal a pair of burning hatred filled eyes. "You...will...pay for that!" She seethed as a dark aura appeared around her and Lepusinge, Lyra and Nimue frowning as they felt the same darkness they felt from Pinkie.

"She's not gonna hold back this time," Nimue stated.

"That's fine," Lyra nodded. "Neither will we." As she said that, she hoped Bonnie was having any luck against Applejack.


"Gate Card...SET!" Applejack threw said card towards the ground, exploding as she held Fenroar up. "This is it!" Applejack cried as she picked Fenroar up. "A'm beatin' ya'h and takin ya'h Bakugan."

"Not gonna happen!" Bonnie stated before the pair looked around, spotting a cluster of power-up a ways away. "Let's go, Gaia!"

"I'm with you!" Gaia stated before the pair ran towards the cluster, Applejack and Fenroar following after them. Applejack was fitter and faster, allowing her to catch up and then overtake Bonnie. Once she was a good distance away and close to the cluster, she leapt up and landed on one of the rocks. Her angle gave her a great show, whilst Bonnie wouldn't be able to fire at the same angle in time.

"Bakugan!" Applejack pulled back and Bonnie panicked, then had an idea and pulled her arm back.

"Bakugan!" She cried before throwing her partner forward, "BRAWL!" She threw Gaia, her aim appearing off as Gaia flew towards one of the rocks.

"BRAWL!" Applejack threw Fenroar towards cluster, only to then hear a clunking sound. She looked down and saw Gaia had bounced off on of the rocks and was now shooting upwards. She then realised she was set to collide with Fenroar, the two Subterra Bakugan hitting one another seconds before reaching the cluster.

Due to the impact, the two were thrown away from one another. Because of this, Fenroar only hit two power-ups whilst Gaia managed to hit six. The pair then hit the ground and opened up, both Bakugan popping open. "BAKUGAN, STAND!"

In twin flashes of orange, the two Bakugan appeared with Fenroar growling at Gaia. "You'll pay for that!" Gaia just smirked as the power-ups kicked in.

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 530Gs

Applejack held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Fenroar shook his body and created a cloud of sand around him, then shot forward at incredible speed. "Sand Cloak, plus Stealth Hunter!"

Fenroar spun around Gaia and blinded her, making the Bakugan cry out as she tried to cover her eyes.

Gaia: 550Gs
Fenroar: 630Gs

"My turn!" Bonnie held up her own two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" The cards glowed as Gaia raised her foot. "Earth Power, plus Wood Slammer!"

"Raaah!" Gaia cried as she slammed her foot into the ground, creating a shockwave that knocked Fenroar off balance and made him trip up. He let out a yelp as he began rolling along the battlefield, causing the sand to fade away and allowing Gaia to see where he was before charging.

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 430Gs

Fenroar picked himself up and looked around, just in time to see Gaia throw a kick in his direction. He gasped and reached out, grabbing onto the foot and flinching as she tried to send him flying. But he managed to hold on, Gaia lifting her foot off. "Get off!"

"No way!" He cried before pulling himself up onto her foot, "Applejack!"

"Ability," Applejack held up a card, "Activate!" Before Gaia could react, Fenroar took a deep breath. "Howlin' Force!" Fenroar unleashed his sonic roar, hitting Gaia in the chest and letting it push him away from her before she could react.

Gaia: 450Gs
Fenroar: 430Gs

Gaia staggered back, Bonnie taking out a card as Fenroar landed on the ground. But before she could activate it, Applejack held up another card. "Now, Ability, Activate!" Fenroar's claws glowed and extended. "Wolf Claw Strike!"

"Raaah!" He roared before charging forward, leaping into the air and preparing to slash at Gaia.

Gaia: 450Gs
Fenroar: 580Gs

But before he could reach her, Bonnie held up her card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Gaia raised her shields, "Oak Defender!"

Fenroar swung his claws at her, but the shields blocked his attack and made the extended nails shatter upon impact. "Augh!"

Gaia: 450Gs
Fenroar: 430Gs

Gaia then swung her shields around and smashed one into Fenroar, making him howl in pain as he was sent flying and struck the ground. "Gyah!" He cried, rolling along it and heading towards Applejack.

She gasped and leapt to the side, barely avoiding her Bakugan as he rolled passed her. "WOW!" She cried as Fenroar rolled to a stop, whilst Gaia smirked and Bonnie began to walk towards her.

"Come on Applejack," she told her. "You're stronger than whatever spell Phantom has on you. Fight it!"

Applejack growled, the dark aura appearing around her again. "Can it!" She cried as Fenroar picked himself up, "ya'h not winnin' this fight!" She pointed to the ground, "even if a'h have ta risk everythin'! Gate Card...OPEN!" The ground glowed orange before the light turned dark. "Feral Rage!"

Bonnie watched as the light flew into Fenroar and mixed with his dark aura. "What's this?" Gaia asked as Fenroar turned to her, the Bakugan seeing his eyes were lacking all conscious light and his mouth was beginning to drool. "Fenroar?"

Bonnie looked down at her BakuColar and gasped.

Gaia: 450Gs
Fenroar: 950Gs

"What?" She asked as Fenroar shot forward and slashed at Gaia, making her cry out at the power his attack had. "Not good!" She took out a card and held it up. "Ability, Activate!" Gaia glowed green, "Ultra Growth!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 950Gs

"Still not enough," Bonnie whispered as the light from the field glowed against and flew into Fenroar. When it did, his score changed again.

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 1150Gs

"How?"

"Feral Rage!" Applejack smirked. "No matter what ya'h do, this Gate Card will make Fenroar five hundred points stronger than any Bakugan ya'h have!"

"Seriously?" Bonnie asked as she watched Fenroar run forward and turn into a blur, which shot passed Gaia several times and made her cry out. "Gaia!" She watched as Gaia fell to her knees, whilst Fenroar appeared and Applejack held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Fenroar's fangs extended, "Mega Fang!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 1250Gs

Fenroar charged at Gaia and leapt at her, the humanoid Bakugan raising her shields to try and defend herself. But Fenroar's fangs sank into one of them and began to cut right through it. "No!" Bonnie cried, but then noticed that Fenroar's face looked...strained.

He let go and leapt back, landing as Bonnie watched him carefully and noticed his body was shaking in pain. It was then she realised what was happening.

"The Gate Card," she looked down at the dark energy flowing into him. "Applejack!" She turned to her possessed friend, "you have to stop. You're hurting him!"

"Who cares!" Applejack told her. "All that matters is a'm winnin." Bonnie couldn't believe she was hearing this. Even with the mind control, she never expected Applejack to say that.

"I have to do something." Bonnie new she had to end this brawl, but how? If she lost, then Gaia would be taken by Applejack. Her only hope, though a slim one, was a Surprise Ability. "Gaia. I need you to hold on as long as you can."

"I'll try!" Gaia stated as Fenroar charged forward and prepared to slash at her, the giant leaping to her feet and trying her best to get away. "But I don't know how long I can last."

Bonnie nodded and started running through the canyon, Applejack chasing after her as their Bakugan continued to fight it out. But it was clear that the only thing keeping Gaia from being all out destroyed, was Fenroar stopping after each attack due to the pain he felt.

"Please hurry," Gaia whispered as she staggered back.

Bonnie continued to run through the canyon, eventually coming to a large crack that was several meters deep. And there, floating above a ledge ten meters down, was a Surprise Card. "My only hope," she stated before she took a deep breath and leapt into the fissure.

Applejack reached the edge seconds later and stared down into it, seeing Bonnie had grabbed a branch sticking out of the side. She then spotted the Surprise Card and smirked before taking several steps back...then rushed forward and leapt off the edge.

Bonnie saw her fly overhead and hit the wall opposite her, grabbing onto it and now being right above the Surprise Card.

"Both girls are risking everything to grab the Surprise Card. But will it be worth it?"

Applejack began to let go of the rock, causing her to slid down the wall. At that rate, she would reach the card before Bonnie. "Not happening!" She cried, trying to find a way to get there. As she did, Gaia was tackled by Fenroar and staggered over to the fissure. "That's it," she whispered before taking out a card. "Ability, Activate!" Gaia's skirt glowed before the vines extended and most of the slammed into the ground. "Vine Trap!"

The vines shot out of the ground and wrapped around Fenroar, but he quickly began to bite through them.

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 1150Gs

However, one of the vines flew down into the canyon and next to Bonnie. She quickly leapt off of the branch and grabbed the vine, abseiling down the wall and swinging around to get to the card. Applejack saw this and picked up the speed, quickly getting close to the card.

But as she reached out for it, Bonnie flew passed and snagged the card. "Got it!" She cried, the card activating as Gaia retracted the vine. Applejack leapt off the wall and grabbed the vine, being pulled up as the card's effect took hold. "Groundwork!"

"WOW!" The announcer cried, "talk about luck. That card has the power to cancel out the current Gate Card and allow the user to plant any Gate Card they want."

"What the hey?" Applejack asked as they were pulled out of the canyon and she saw the light of her Gate Card fade away, allowing Fenroar to return to normal.

"Ahh," he groaned whilst falling to his knees. "What happened?"

Gaia: 650Gs
Fenroar: 430Gs

Bonnie smiled up at Gaia, happy she was able to hold on. "Now," she took out a Gate Card, "let's end this. Gate Card...SET!" She threw it and it hit the ground, exploding into light as she then spoke up. "Now, Gate Card...OPEN!" The light flew into Gaia, powering her up. "Miracle Growth! Add two hundred Gs to the strongest Bakugan on the field!"

Gaia: 850Gs
Fenroar: 430Gs

"NO!" Applejack cried before holding up a card. "Fusion Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Fenroar shook, creating the sand cloud around him. "Desert Howlin!" Fenroar roared, unleashing the sonic blast that sent the sand shooting towards Gaia.

But the Subterra Bakugan simply raised her shields and blocked the Fusion Ability, not harmed by it at all.

Gaia: 850Gs
Fenroar: 730Gs

"Not enough!" Applejack cried, looking around for a Surprise Card. But none were in sight.

"Let's end this!" Bonnie cried before holding up a card. Fusion Ability...ACTIVATE!" The card glowed along with the ground, which began to form trees made of green energy. "Spirit of the Forest!"

Gaia swung her arm around. "I call upon the power of nature. Let its vast energy surge through me!" The trees exploded and the energy shot into her.

Gaia: 1200Gs
Fenroar: 730Gs

Fenroar's ears flopped down as he saw this, Gaia clutching her fist and pulling it back. "Now, with this power, I will free you from the one that imprisons your true self!" Fenroar let out a growl and charged forward, Applejack rushing up behind him.

"NO!" She yelled, but it was too late. Gaia threw her fist forward and smashed it into Fenroar, unleashing all the energy into a powerful blast that sent a shockwave flying out in all directions. The shockwave sent Fenroar flying and knocked Applejack backwards, both of them crying out as the dark aura surrounding them was thrown off seconds before Fenroar reverted back to ball form.

Bonnie: 74% (Winner)
Applejack: 0%

"The brawl is over!" The announcer cried as Gaia returned to Bonnie. "And once again, the BakuFighters stand victorious over the Rainbooms!""

"Applejack!" She rushed over to the girl and knelt down besides her, "are you okay? Say something!" She waited with baited breath, until Applejack let out a moan and opened her eyes. "You're okay!"

"Bonnie?" She clutched her head and sat up, "what happened?" She then noticed what she was wearing, "and what da'h Sam-hill am a'h wearin?"

"It's...a long story," Bonnie stated.

"A very long story," Gaia agreed before jumping down next to Fenroar. "How are you feeling?" As she asked that, Fenroar popped open and let out a whine.

"I'm...okay I think." Applejack's eyes went wide hearing this, the girl picking Fenroar up.

"You can talk?"

"Apparently," Fenroar nodded. "I'm...not sure how though."

"We'll explain everything we know to you on the way to our bunker," Bonnie helped her up. "And hopefully, when we get there Lyra will have beaten Fluttershy." Now Applejack was really confused, but followed her as Bonnie lead them back towards the forest area.

"With this, the Rainbooms drop down another space. They're down to the bare minimum, whilst the BakuFighter's roaster remains untouched. Will this continue, or can Fluttershy make it fourth time's the charm?


"Gate Card...SET!" Fluttershy threw the card towards the ground, the card exploding in a burst of red energy as Fluttershy leapt up and landed on a tree branch. "It's time you learned your lesson. NO ONE MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL!" She threw Lepusinge towards a nearby cluster of power-ups. "BAKUGAN...BRAWL!"

Lyra saw him fly through the air, the girl jumping up onto another tree as he struck several power-ups. "There!" She spotted another cluster and leapt towards it, as Lepusinge hit the ground.

"BAKUGAN...STAND!" In a blast of fire, Lepusinge appeared again. The power-ups kicking in as he bounced from side to side.

Lepusinge: 690Gs

"Oh yeah!" He cheered before spotting Lyra about to leap off the tree, "I don't think so!" He stomped his foot down on the ground near the base of the tree, causing it to shake and Lyra to lose balance.

"WOW!" She cried as she fell off the branch, but managed to get some kind of target as she pulled her arm back. "Bakugan," she threw Nimue, "BRAWL!" As she fell to the ground, managing to at least do a rolling land, Nimue shot towards the cluster and hit a few power-ups before landing. "Bakugan...STAND!"

Nimue exploded into a spiral of water, exploding out of the tornado and glaring at Lepusinge as she powered up.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 690Gs

"ABILITY," both girls cried out as they held up a card, "ACTIVATE!" Lepusinge leapt up, as Nimue formed a ball of water. "Blaze Kick/Vapour Blast!"

"Raaah!" Nimue cried as she fired the water blast at Lepusinge, who thrust his flaming foot forward and struck the water. He carved through it on his way to Nimue, the two Abilities cancelling one another out. But with his higher Gs, Lepusinge was able to push through the water and stomp down on Nimue. "Augh!" She cried as she was knocked back, hitting the ground as Lepusinge stood above her.

But before he could attack again, Lyra held up another card. "Ability, Activate!" Nimue thrust her hands upwards and formed a storm-cloud above them. "Draining Rain!"

The rain began to flow down towards them and slam into Lepusinge, making him cry out as he felt his power begin to drain away. After a few seconds, their power levels were very different.

Nimue: 650Gs
Lepusinge: 540Gs

As Nimue picked herself up, Lepusinge charged at her. Fluttershy then held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge leapt at Nimue and slammed his foot into her stomach. "Bouncer Deflector!"

"Bye bye!" He smirked before pushing off of her and fly backwards, knocking Nimue backwards as he flew out of the rain. As he did, their points changed back.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 790Gs

As the rain began to fade, Fluttershy held up another two more cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge shot forward, moving at incredible speeds towards Nimue. "Power Dash, plus Flare Jump!"

"HE-YEAH!" Lepusinge then leapt up, his feet exploding with fire as he shot into the air before flying down towards Nimue.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 1040Gs

"Double Ability!" Lyra held up her own card, "Activate!" Water was pulled from the surrounding trees and formed a shield around Nimue, "Misty Barricade!"

Lepusinge landed in the mist and hissed as he felt it begin to soak him, his Flare Jump's power being extinguished.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 890Gs

"Plus, Raging River!" As Lepusinge tried to get out of the mist cloud, Lyra formed a ribbon of water around herself. It grew larger and larger by the second, Nimue then thrusting the water towards him and hitting the rabbit.

"Gyah!" He cried as he was knocked backwards, his Power Dash's effects reversed.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 690Gs

Lepusinge gargled before managing to leap out of the path of the water, panting as he hit the ground with Nimue and the girls glaring at one another. "Not bad," he shook his ears to get the water off of them. "But I'm still ahead."

"Only because we haven't used our trump card," Nimue stated as Lyra held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Both she and Nimue leapt into the air, Lyra landing on a branch as Nimue formed another water sphere. "Overflow!"

Nimue threw the orb towards the ground, Fluttershy leaping onto a nearby branch as the sphere hit the ground and exploded.

"WOW!" Lepusinge cried out as the wave struck him and he was knocked backwards again, his power being severely diminished.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 345Gs

"Now's our chance!" Lyra told Nimue.

"Right!" She agreed, as she fell towards where Lepusinge had been washed to. "this should do a lot!" But before she could reach him and deal the finishing blow.

"Gate Card!" They heard Fluttershy scream, "OPEN!" The field glowed through the Overflow water and caused it to evaporate, "Magma Flow!" Lepusinge suddenly felt himself be imbued with new power, as he rolled to his feet and leapt away. Seconds later, Nimue landed on the ground and suddenly found her feet being burned.

"AUGH!" She cried, looking down and seeing the floor was literally lava.

"Haa!" Lepusinge yelled as he bounced around on the lava, not a care in the world. "Can't take the heat, stay out of the lava."

Fluttershy nodded. "Magma Flow has two effects. The first is to power up any Pyrus Bakugan on the field by a hundred Gs." Lyra looked down at her BakuColar.

Nimue: 500Gs
Lepusinge: 445Gs

In that moment, the lava suddenly solidified and transformed into super hot rock. "The other one is that it can trap any non-Pyrus Bakugan, making them unable to move or activate Abilities." Lyra's eyes went wide as she looked down at her Fusion Ability, which wouldn't activate.

"Oh no."

"Oh no indeed," Fluttershy smiled before holding up another card. "Ability, Activate!" Lepusinge rushed forward, as his ears began to smoke. "Flaming Slap!"

He reached Nimue and started spinning on the spot, his ears swinging around and around to smack Nimue again and again. Nimue cried out, but was unable to escape of fight back as the ears smashed into her and burned away her Gs.

"Stop!" She cried, whilst Lyra looked around for the only thing that could save them at this point. A Surprise Ability.

As she searched, Lepusinge finally lost momentum and leapt away from Nimue. But as he did, her points were now greatly diminished.

Nimue: 200Gs
Lepusinge: 445Gs

"Let's end this," Fluttershy smirked as she took out a card. "I'm taking your Bakugan. Fusion Ability, Activate!" The card glowed along with Lepusinge's body, a fiery aura appearing around him. "Blazing Hi-Jump Kick!"

Nimue gasped as Lepusinge jumped back, his feet steaming up, then rushed forward before leaping straight up into the air.

Nimue: 200Gs
Lepusinge: 795Gs

"LYRA!" Nimue cried, pulling on her feet to try and pull them free. But the molten rock still wouldn't give. It was then that Lyra noticed a card hanging from a tree. She knew it could easily destroy her, but she didn't have any choice.

"Hang on!" Lyra cried as she leapt towards it, whilst Lepusinge flew towards Nimue with both feet ablaze. And seconds before he reached her, Lyra leapt up and snagged the card.

It activated the second she touched it and shot out of her hand, flying towards Nimue. As it reached her, it morphed into a familiar looking fruit. And Nimue grabbed it and scoffed it down, seconds before Lepusinge thrust his blazing feet into her.

Nimue: 350Gs
Lepusinge: 795Gs

"AUGH!" She screamed at the force of the impact, feeling her will finally break. She reverted back to ball form, whilst Lyra fell to the ground after jumping for the card. She hit it at the same time as Nimue, whilst her life gauge dropped.

Lyra: 0%
Fluttershy: 24% (Winner)

"She's done it!" The announcer cried as Lepusinge returned to Fluttershy, who did not seem happy. "Fluttershy has managed to finally score a win for her team against the Rainbooms. This hasn't changed the standings, but it's certainly shown the Rainbooms are far from outmatched."

Fluttershy moved over to Lyra as the girl sat up. "Nimue?" She turned to her partner and slowly crawled towards her, "are you...like...okay?" She waited a moment, Nimue opening up and turning to her.

"I'll survive. But that was close."

"That was luck." They turned to Fluttershy, the Pyrus brawler looking at her...seething. "Remember that. You lost and the only reason you still have her is pure luck." Lyra and Nimue frowned, whilst Fluttershy turned away from them. "Your next teammate won't be so lucky." With that, she ran off before taking a massive leap and landing on a tree.

As Lyra picked herself up, Fluttershy jumped from branch to branch until she was gone. "I'm sorry," she told the retreating girl before picking Nimue up.

"Lyra!" She turned to see Bonnie and Applejack rushing into view, "are you guys okay?"

"We are," Lyra nodded. "But..." She let out a sigh, "we totally failed."


"Fluttershy." Pinkie looked like she was about to cry, Rarity doing her best to comfort her.

"I guess it was stupid to think we'd make it through this without losing at least once," Soarin pointed out. The others nodded as he turned towards the doorway, "I'll head out."

"Be careful," Flash told him. Soarin nodded and headed out, Flash turning back to the TV as it showed Soarin leave the bunker before splitting into three to show him, Heath and Bonnie. It then changed to show another triple image, with Fluttershy leaving the forest area and entering the city field, Rainbow making her way around the Canyon Field and Twilight...was only now leaving the bunker.


"Alright," the glasses wearing girl stated as she stepped into the light. "Let's get this done." The Rainbooms might have been down three members, but three more still remained. And with Lyra now out of the match, the BakuFighters would need to be extra careful if they wanted to save them all. If they could.

Author's Note:

The BakuFighters finally lost a player. Hopefully the other battles won't be as close as Lyra was to losing Nimue.

PreviousChapters Next