• Published 26th Mar 2022
  • 2,560 Views, 278 Comments

Bakugan EQG - Banshee531



Bakugan, the most popular game in the world. But there's more to it then meets the eye. Now, a group of teens must work together to save both their world and another.

  • ...
6
 278
 2,560

PreviousChapters Next
A Dark Awakening

It was night time in Canterlot and the city was still a wash with light.

One such light was coming from the office building of Sombra, who was once again working at his desk. He typed away at the computer, until he suddenly stopped. "About time you showed up."

From out of the darkness, Phantom stepped out with a frown on his face. "How much longer are you gonna have me wait. I could have unlocked the cube by now if you didn't keep me back."

"The stadium's refit is done," Sombra replied. "We don't need to worry about an overload again."

"If you had let me use my battlefield generator, I could have battled them without needing to wait for the refit."

"No," Sombra shook his head, "I want everyone to see when the Bakugan awakens. I want them to see the terror that plagued Vestroia and know what it is they might have to fight against. I want to send a message." Phantom nodded, understanding completely. "Besides, you probably couldn't have awakened it before now anyway."

"What do you mean?" Phantom asked before Sombra took out a card and threw it at him, the teen catching it and seeing it was a Gate Card. "This is-"

"The scientists have determined that in order to awaken the Bakugan, it'll need to be re-energised. It'll need high amounts of Darkus energy and a little something...extra." Phantom was surprised when he read the card. "That card will give it that. Use it when the cube opens."

"Understood," Phantom nodded. "Are you sure this is necessary?"

"Why?" Sombra smiled, "growing attached to the little guy?"

"No. But he is strong and loyal. I'd hate to lose him if it wasn't absolutely needed."

"Well it is," Sombra told him. "Don't worry, your new partner will more then make up for the loss." Phantom nodded and put the card away. "Also," he took out another card, "a special gift from me." He threw it at Phantom, who caught it. "Use it whenever you need to get away."

Phantom smirked hearing this and put the card away, "I won't let you down." With that, he turned and walked into the darkness. As he disappeared, Sombra sat in his chair and took out the colourless Bakugan from before.

"Soon your power will be restored," he told it. "Then you'll be able to reek havoc...Lucifer." He stared at the Bakugan for several seconds, only for it to then let out a sound.

"Good."


The next day.

The stadium was abuzz with activity, as many Brawls were taking place. In one battlefield, Lyra and Bonnie were brawling together and really cleaning house. Meanwhile, Heath was brawling in another battlefield and Wukong had just fried his opponents.

Finally, Flash and Leonidas were going all out in their match.

Meanwhile, this was all being watched by Soarin and Garuda, the pair watching as the four won their matches at almost the exact same time. It had been a few days since his match against Flash, with the stadium having been shut down in order to add new safeties in order to prevent an overload like with what happened in their match. And now that the stadiums were up and running again, the Brawlers were making up for lost time.

"They really are good," Garuda told him as the matches ended. "I think we could go far with this team."

"Maybe," Soarin nodded. "But there's still a few things I wanna know before I make my decision."

"Like?"

"Like Leonidas. You said it yourself that he wasn't like any of the other Bakugan you've met before. And it's clear he's hiding something. I wanna know what that is before I agree to be on a team with him."

"You're not the only one that's curious about Leonidas." Soarin turned to Twilight, seeing her and the rest of her team heading towards him. "We're all curious about where Leonidas came from," Twilight told him. "But even if we want nothing more then to learn the truth, we have to respect his right to privacy."

"Maybe," Soarin crossed his arms, "but if he can't trust me with the truth then how am I supposed to trust him. And I really don't feel comfortable being on a team with someone I don't trust."

"I'm with Soarin on this one," Garuda agreed. "And let's not forget about how viciously he fights in brawls. How can I be sure he won't turn on me if we end up brawling side by side. If I knew why he was so vicious, I might understand and feel a little bit more comfortable. But not knowing can be...worrisome."

The girls frowned at this, but knew he was right. But there was nothing they could do about that. They couldn't force the truth our of Leonidas.

"Wooow!" They heard Flash's voice echo through the room, making them turn to see him, Lyra, Bonnie, Heath and their Bakugan step inside. "That was awesome!" He cried, "that guy didn't stand a chance."

"Same with our opponent!" Lyra smirked, "they totally wiped out when Bonnie and Gaia used Earth Power before Nimue hit'em with Overflow."

"Yeah!" Bonnie laughed, "Aquos and Subterra. The ultimate combo!" The girls high fived as the others laughed.

"Yes," Nimue nodded, "we all did well in our brawls. It's something to be proud of."

"We're on an unstoppable roll!" Wukong cried before noticing Soarin and Garuda with the girls, the fire monkey leaping off of Heath's shoulder and jumping down onto the table in front of him. "So, what do you think? Do we live up to your standards or not? Come on!" He jumped up and down, "you must be impressed after all that!"

"Wukong!" Heath rushed over to him and picked the Bakugan up, "calm down." He turned to Soarin, "sorry about that."

"It's fine," Soarin assured him.

"But he does have a point," Flash sat opposite him. "You gotta admit, we kick butt on the Baku-field."

"I never said you didn't," Soarin nodded. "But I'm still not sure about teaming up with you guys." Everyone frowned at this, Bonnie being to one to ask.

"Why? What is it about us that makes you not want to join us? Have the last few days meant nothing to you?" Despite the stadiums being shut down, the main foyer had remained open over the last few days. This allowed the Brawlers to hang out and Soarin had spent that time getting to know his possible teammates.

Not only had he learned more about them and how they each acquired their partners, he had also found he had at least one thing in common with each of them. He and Flash liked the same music. He and Heath liked to skateboard. He and Lyra liked the same type of pie and he and Bonnie loved a particular film series. All in all, it seemed like they were the perfect group for him.

"It's...complicated," Soarin explained.

"Sure it is," Lyra sighed. He then turned towards the front desk, "it's too bad Derpy isn't here. I bet the five of us together would make you wanna be part on the team." The rest of them turned to the front desk, seeing another worker sitting there instead of their ever lovable, if slightly ditzy, Derpy.

"Is she helpin' out at another stadium again?" Applejack asked, the others shrugging as they weren't sure.

"I've noticed that a lot with Derpy," Twilight told them. "Sometimes she'd just...disappear. She isn't at work. She isn't at school. She isn't...anywhere to be seen."

"Yeah," Rainbow nodded, "what's the deal?"

"Maybe she's a spy!" Pinkie cried out of nowhere, "and she has to go on top secret spy missions that she can't tell us about." The others looked at her, clearly thinking she was nuts. "What? It could happen."

"I...don't think so darling."

"I'm sure she'd tell us if it was important," Fluttershy assured them. "Whatever it is that she's doing right now, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"I hope so," Flash nodded. "We've got enough problems with Phantom sending bounty hunters after us." They all nodded at this, Soarin having been filled in about Phantom from the other.

And just as he said that, the entire foyer went silent.

This caught the group's attention and made them look around, seeing everyone there focusing on the entrance. They turned towards it and when they did, many of them got the shock of a life-time. "Phantom."

The oddly dressed teen walked through the stadium like it was nothing, completely ignoring the fact everyone was staring at him. He then came to a stop and turned his gaze in their direction, a smirk on his face. "Flash Sentry. We meet again." Flash got up and stepped over to him, "we've got unfinished business."

"So that's Phantom?" Applejack asked Twilight, who nodded whilst Fluttershy hid behind Rainbow.

"He doesn't look so tough," Rainbow frowned.

"Don't think of doing anything foolish," Rarity told her.

"What's the matter?" Flash asked him, "run out of goons to send."

"I just decided to finally deal with the problem once and for all." Phantom chuckled as he held up the cube, "and this fits into my schedule perfectly." Flash frowned at the sight of the object, then noticed it only had two symbols.

"What is that thing?" He asked, Phantom chuckling.

"You'll find out...if you face off against me again."

"You wanna brawl?" Flash asked, Leonidas and Fury jumping onto their shoulders.

"Whats say you, dragonoid?" The demon asked, "afraid you'll fall to me again?"

"I fear no Bakugan," Leonidas told him. "And if we do brawl, it won't end the same way it did last time."

"It looks like everyone's on board," Phantom stated before turning his focus on the others. "But let's make this interesting. There's someone else here I wish to test the potential of." Everyone turned to Soarin, realising who it was he was talking to.

"You wanna brawl me?"

"I heard you got your talking Bakugan the same time as Sentry. I'm curious about what makes you so special. But I'm a busy man, so why don't we make this interesting. The two of you against me."

"You wanna go two on one?" Garuda asked whilst Leonidas growled.

"I don't need any help. I can beat you on my own."

"Maybe so," Phantom smirked. "But I wanna test myself. Can't be the best if you're not pushing your limits." He began to walk away, heading towards one of the battlefields. "If you don't wanna battle me together, then flip a coin to see who I take down. I only have time for one match." With that, he disappeared into the hallway and everyone focused on the two he had challenged.

"What are you gonna do?" Rainbow asked, Flash and Soarin turning to one another.

"I don't know about you, but I'm facing off against him!" Flash punched his hand, "you in or not?" Soarin looked unsure, the teen glancing at Garuda.

"What do you think?"

"I think Phantom and Fury are dangerous and should be taken down. And the best chance we have to do that is by brawling with Flash and Leonidas." Soarin nodded, seeing his point. After a few more moments, he nodded again and turned back to Flash.

"I'm in."


The stadium was packed, as everyone wanted to see what kind of battle this brawl would turn into.

Twilight and the others were all sitting in their seats, all staring down at the battlefield with frowns on their faces. "Welcome Baku-fans!" The announcer cried out, "today we have a very interesting match. The mysterious Brawler, Phantom, has challenged two of the stadium's most promising newcomers. Flash Sentry and Soarin Skies!" The crowd cheered as the three stepped into the center of the battlefield, Phantom smirking as he held up the cube.

"This is gonna be fun. You should feel honoured that you get to see what this cube is."

"I don't think so," Flash told him as Leonidas leapt onto his shoulder. "We're gonna beat you before whatever that cube does happens."

Soarin nodded, "we're taking you down and finding out who you are."

"We'll see," Phantom smirked as he held up his BakuColar. The device's screen lit up before it fired a beam onto the ground, which began to light up as well.

Flash frowned, knowing where this was going. And as he assumed, the ground transformed into the Doom Dimension once again. Soarin looked shocked at the sight of it, whilst Flash simply frowned at Phantom as he held the cube up before it started floating into the air.

"What is this place?" The Ventus Brawler asked.

"The Doom Dimension," Garuda explained. "The place has caused nothing but pain and suffering to my kind."

"What better place to revive that great Bakugan?" Phantom told them. "Now, are you two ready?" Flash and Soarin got into a battle stance, their Bakugan ready for whatever Phantom threw at him. "Then what are we waiting for?"

"It looks like our contestants are ready to get this show on the road," the announcer cried. "Without further ado. Battle...BEGIN!" Their BakuColars activated as Soarin took out a card.

Flash: 100%
Soarin: 100%
Phantom: 100%

"Gate Card!" Soarin threw it, "Set!" The card hit the ground and exploded, spreading throughout the death realm as the three of them began to run off in search of their power-ups. Phantom was the first to spot some and leapt onto a Serpenoid head as he took out a Bakugan.

"Let's do this!" He pulled his arm back. "Bakugan," he then threw it, "Brawl!" The Bakugan shot through the air and hit the power-ups before slamming into the ground. "Bakugan," it popped open, "Stand!" In a flash of light, the toy morphed into its true form, "Darkus Laserman!"

Laserman: 390Gs

The black and purple robot stood tall as it began to glow, its power increasing thanks to the Power-ups.

Laserman: 540Gs

"Looks like Phantom's starting off with firepower over agility," the announcer told the crowd. "How will Flash and Soarin respond?"

Soarin was the first to react, jumping off a large rock and pulling his arm back. "Bakugan!" He threw his Bakugan towards a cluster of Power-ups, "BRAWL!" The Bakugan flew through the cluster before landing on the ground. "Bakugan...STAND!" It popped open and unleashed a tornado, "Ventus Atmos!"

Atmos: 350Gs
Laserman: 540Gs

From out of the tornado, the large wings bird squawked as it took flight. It then glowed as its power increased as well.

Atmos: 500Gs
Laserman: 540Gs

Flash was next, landing atop a Saurus head before throwing his Bakugan towards another group of coins. "Bakugan...BRAWL!" It hit the coins and land, "Bakugan...STAND!" It opened up and in a flash of light, the Bakugan appeared. "Haos Serpenoid!"

Atmos: 500Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 320Gs

The snake hissed as it stared at Laserman, its power growing.

Atmos: 500Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 520Gs

"Gotta be fast!" Soarin told Atmos as it flew up, "Gate Card...OPEN!" The field glowed green as the wind began to pick up, "Ventus Reactor!"

Atmos: 700Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 520Gs

Atmos shot down towards Laserman, whilst Phantom held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" The cards glowed as Laserman's guns began to power up. "All Out Assault, plus Leap Sting!" Laserman fired all of its weapons, pointing them in all directions so the attacks were completely unavoidable.

Atmos and Serpenoid were both struck by the Leap Stings, making them wince as their power was drained.

Atmos: 650Gs
Laserman: 640Gs
Serpenoid: 470Gs

"Not enough!" Soarin cried, with Atmos swooping down and slashing at Laserman with its wing. The robot staggered back whilst Serpenoid shook the leap sting off, Flash holding up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Serpenoid opened his mouth and fired a laser, which struck Laserman and powered it down more.

Atmos: 650Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 470Gs

This loss of power allowed Atmos to fly down and start scratching at the robot with its talons, the machine attempting to throw it off but being unable to. That was until Phantom held up a card, "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Laserman pointed one of its hands at the ground, "Devastating Blast!" The laser fired and struck the ground, the green light glowing off it turning purple before exploding into nothing.

Soarin frowned as he felt the wind die down, "he nullified my Gate card!"

Atmos: 450Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 470Gs

Atmos felt itself grow weaker, allowing Laserman to throw it off. The robot then fired its shoulder weapons at the bird, making it squawk in pain when it was struck. Meanwhile, it used its hand cannons to shoot at Serpenoid, the snake trying its best to slither out of the way.

Flash frowned, not liking how this was going. But then he realised something. "Wait," he turned to Soarin, "we're on the same team."

Soarin gave him a 'seriously' look, "you just figured that out?"

"No," Flash told him, "we're on the same team...and we're compatible!" Up in the stands, Twilight smiled as she watched Flash take out a card. "Ability, Activate!" Both Serpenoid and Atmos glowed, the light flying off the bird into the snake. "Diagonal Correlation!"

Atmos: 450Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 670Gs

Soarin's eyes went wide as he realised what Flash was getting at, whilst Serpenoid swung its tail around and swept Laserman's feet.

As the robot fell to the ground, Soarin held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" The Bakugan both glowed again, "Diagonal Correlation!" The light flew off Serpenoid and into Atmos as it dived down towards the recovering Laserman.

Atmos: 650Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 670Gs

Laserman fired at Atmos, but the bird simply dodged the attacks before slashing the robot with its wing. Doing so caused its weapons to be knocked away from Serpenoid, Flash taking the time to hold up another card. "Ability, Activate!" Serpenoid and Laserman glowed, the light getting sucked off Laserman and into the snake. "Co-Side!"

Atmos: 650Gs
Laserman: 540Gs
Serpenoid: 770Gs

The snake leapt at Laserman and wrapped around its body, squeezing it as tightly as possible until the robot could take no more. With a robotic cry, it reverted back to ball form and fell towards the ground as Phantom's life gauge dropped.

Flash: 100%
Soarin: 100%
Phantom: 54%

"Wow!" The announcer cried as the Bakugan returned to their brawlers, "Flash and Soarin were able to overpower Phantom. But it wasn't an completely one-sided match, that's for sure."

Despite having lost almost half his life points, Phantom smirked as he picked up his Laserman. He looked up at the cube and saw the Haos and Ventus symbols were glowing and growing fainter, to almost none existent status. "It's time." He took out a Gate Card as Fury jumped onto his shoulder, "we need to give it all we've got. Force them to put everything into this next battle. Only then will we be able to awaken the great Bakugan. No mercy."

"I have none in my heart to give," Fury announced before Phantom turned to his opponents.

"He's up to something," Soarin stated.

"He's always up to something," Flash told him. "And whatever it is, it's got something to do with that cube above us." He looked up at said cube and wondered what could be inside it. "What are you up to, Phantom?"

"All it good time," the teen smirked before throwing his card towards the ground. "Gate Card...SET!" It hit the ground and exploded before Fury leapt into Phantom's grasp, the teen leaping straight up into the air. "Bakugan!" He threw it towards another group of Power-ups, "BRAWL!" Fury struck the five coins before landing on the ground, rolling. "Bakugan...STAND!" He popped open and in a burst of dark light, the demonic Bakugan appeared. "Darkus Fury, RISE!"

Fury: 400

"Come Leonidas!" He cried as his power increased. "It's time I take you down once and for all!"

Fury: 650

"Ha!" Leonidas cried, "you're the one going down this time!" He turned to Flash, "let's get him!"

"Oh yeah!" Flash nodded as he grabbed Leonidas, "Soarin!"

"It's go time, Garuda!"

"I'm with you!" Garuda leapt into the air and Soarin grabbed him before he and Flash ran off, both finding some power-ups and leaping off different statues.

"BAKUGAN!" They threw their partners, "BRAWL!" Leonidas and Garuda shot towards the coins and struck them, then landed on the ground. "BAKUGAN...STAND!" Both Bakugan popped open and in a blast of light and electrified wind, they transformed into their true forms. "Haos Leonidas/Ventus Garuda!"

Fury: 650
Garuda: 450
Leonidas: 400

"Time to settle the score!" Leonidas roared as he glowed, Garuda glowing as well.

"And stop your evil once and for all!"

Fury: 650
Garuda: 700
Leonidas: 650

"Ability, Activate!" Phantom yelled as Fury flew up, his arm blades growing. "Darkus Pride!"

Fury: 850
Garuda: 700
Leonidas: 650

Fury roared as he shot towards Leonidas, who crossed his arms before the demon slashed at him. "Ahh!" He flew back as Fury gave chase, only to be intercepted by Garuda. "Now guys!"

"RIGHT!" Flash and Soarin yelled as they both held up a card. "ABILITY, ACTIVATE!" Both cards glowed along with the Bakugan, "DIAGONAL CORRELATION!" The light flew off them both and into their partners, powering them up.

Fury: 850
Garuda: 900
Leonidas: 850

"Raaah!" Leonidas yelled as he shot down towards Fury, dodging his blade before spinning around and smashing his tail into him.

"Augh!" Fury fell back, only to then have Garuda appear next to him before slashing him with his talons. "Gyah!"

"Yeah!" Soarin cried, "get him."

"We can't hold back!" Flash told him as he took out a card, "we have to take him down fast before-"

"Ability," they turned to Phantom, "Activate!" Fury began to glow as his power rose, "Darkus Envy! Now I get the same power boost as the last ability my opponent used. And since you both activated your Abilities at the same time, I get double the power!"

Fury: 1250
Garuda: 900
Leonidas: 850

Fury grabbed Garuda as he tried to slash at him and spun him around, letting the bird go and sending him flying off to crash into Leonidas. "AUGH!" They both yelled as they were knocked flying, but managed to pull apart before they hit the ground.

"Double Ability!" Flash held up his cards, "Activate!" Leonidas flew back up as Fury began to glow, that lightning flying off him and into the dragon. "Co-Side!"

Fury: 1250
Garuda: 900
Leonidas: 950

Leonidas then shot passed Fury and opened his mouth as it filled with lightning, "Plus Alpha Blaster!"

Fury: 1250
Garuda: 900
Leonidas: 1150

Leonidas fired the laser out of his mouth, but Fury simply crossed his arms to block it with much harm. "Not enough to beat me!"

"But this is!" Garuda yelled as he appeared behind Fury, Soarin holding up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Garuda flapped his wings and unleashed a blade of lightning, "Thunder Gale!" The lightning blade struck Fury in the back, making him cry out as his power dropped.

Fury: 1100
Garuda: 900
Leonidas: 1150

The loss of power allowed Leonidas' Alpha Blaster to push him down, Fury crying out as he was thrown towards the ground. "Augh!" He cried as he smashed through a Warius statue and skidded along the ground, whilst Phantom looked up at the cube and saw the symbols glowing brighter and brighter.

"Yes!" He smiled, "more! Give me more!"

"You heard him!" Leonidas cried before he and Garuda shot down towards Fury, their Brawlers choosing their next Ability Card.

"Ability, Activate!" Flash yelled as Leonidas began to spin, whilst Soarin held up two cards.

"Double Ability, Activate!" Garuda's wings began to spark with lightning.

"Shining Tornado!" Leonidas morphed into a drill of light, whilst Garuda dived down faster and faster.

"Lightning Wing, plus Sky Burst!"

Fury: 1100
Garuda: 1200
Leonidas: 1300

Garuda was the first to reach him, slashing Fury with his electrified wings and making him cry out before the light drill slammed into him. "Gyah!" He felt the drill dig into him, doing serious damage. But Fury wasn't going to let it take him down. "Get...OFF!"

"Double Ability!" Phantom held up two cards, "Activate!" The cards glowed as Fury's claws grew, "Darkus Greed!" He dug them into the drill and drained away Leonidas' power, "plus Darkus Sloth!"

Fury: 1200
Garuda: 1200
Leonidas: 1100

The light drill slowed down and Leonidas was shown, with Fury's claws digging into him. Garuda took this moment to fly towards them as Soarin held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Garuda took a deep breath, "Blitz Bolt!" Garuda launched bolts of lightning out of his beak and struck Fury in the back, making him cry out as he was electrified.

Fury: 1200
Garuda: 1350
Leonidas: 1100

"I...can't move!" Fury cried as he felt his body go numb, Leonidas smirking as he grabbed Fury's wrist and pulled his claws out of them.

"Ability, Activate!" Flash held up a card as Leonidas raised his feet, "Brawling Dragon!"

Fury: 1200
Garuda: 1350
Leonidas: 1200

Leonidas slammed his foot into Fury's chest, then did it again and again. Each strike got faster and faster, causing the demon to cry out in pain every time. "How'd you like that!" Leonidas laughed before letting go of him and spinning around, smashing his tail into Fury and sending him barrelling towards the ground.

"AUGH!" He skidded along the ground before coming to a stop in front of a Hammersaur statue.

"Looks like Fury's in trouble!" The announcer cried, "will the boys use this opening?"

"You bet I will!" Soarin cried as he held up a card, "Fusion Ability, Activate!" Garuda flew up and started spinning, as lightning and wind began to surround him. "Lightning Vortex!" The Bakugan morphed into an electrified wind drill, which shot towards Fury as the numbness began to fade from him.

Fury: 1200
Garuda: 1700
Leonidas: 1200

Everyone in the crowd gasped, with Rainbow stating the obvious. "If this connects, they'll win and Soarin'll get Fury."

"And Phantom still can't use any abilities," Applejack cheered.

"Go Soarin!" Pinkie yelled, but Twilight wasn't so sure. Phantom was still smiling.

"He's up to something," everyone turned to her. They all wondered the same thing. What?

Phantom watched as Garuda flew towards Fury, then up at the cube. The power they had generated had to be enough. "It's time," he pointed to the ground. "Gate Card...OPEN!" The ground exploded with purple light, seconds before black lightning flew out and struck Fury, Leonidas and Garuda. "Ultimate Sacrifice!"

The three Bakugan all yelled out as they felt their power being ripped out of them, Garuda's Ability even vanishing. "What's happening?" Flash cried as Soarin stared at his BakuColar.

Fury: 100
Garuda: 100
Leonidas: 100

"He's stolen almost all their power!" Soarin yelled as the lightning was sucked back into the ground, then shot out again and this time struck the cube above them. "Now what?"

Phantom laughed. "All the power you generated is going to a worthy cause. The restoration of the ultimate Bakugan!" He then held up a card, "and now to stop you from getting in my way. Fusion Ability, Activate." The card glowed before he threw it, the card turning into a beam of light that struck Fury in the back and caused he himself to be surrounded by the dark aura. "Maximum Darkus!"

Fury: 400
Garuda: 100
Leonidas: 100

Fury shot forward, moving faster then his opponents or their Brawlers could react. First, he smashed into Garuda with enough force to send the Ventus Bakugan crashing into a downwards spiral. "AUGH!" He cried before he changed back to ball form, seconds before he would have hit the ground.

Flash: 100%
Soarin: 40%
Phantom: 54%

Then, Fury turned to Leonidas and shot forward. The dragon tried to escape, but Fury was too fast and socked him right in the chest. "GYAH!" The dragon roared, whilst Fury laughed.

"I guess in the end, you just couldn't beat me."

Leonidas wanted to say something back, but couldn't before the force of the punch finally hit him and he was shot backwards. All he could do was roar as he fell towards the ground, reverting to ball form before he landed.

Flash: 40%
Soarin: 40%
Phantom: 54%

With his opponents beaten, Fury laughed a might laugh as he felt like nothing could stop him. But before he could boast to the world, the lightning from the Gate Card shot out of the ground and struck him again. "GYAAAAAH!" He screamed, his eyes going wide as he felt his entire body beginning to rip apart. "What's...happening!?" He glanced back at Phantom, seeing a smile on the teen's face.

"Sorry bud," he told him. "There's a reason this card's called Ultimate Sacrifice. In order to awaken the one I seek, I must restore the power that was once stolen from him. Your Attribute Energy wouldn't be enough, so I need something more...powerful."

"NO!" Fury cried as he felt himself growing closer and closer to being turned to atoms and energy, "there must be another way!" Phantom said nothing as he cried out more, "I've been nothing but faithful to you!"

"And that loyalty is much appreciated. But for the great plan, we must ask for one final sacrifice from you."

Everyone could only watch in horror as cracks began to appear around Fury's body, with his Darkus Energy seeping out of it. Flash, Soarin, Heath, Twilight, Rainbow and Applejack were frozen, whilst Lyra, Bonnie, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity looked away. Fluttershy covered her eyes and Bonnie hid her face in Lyra's chest. But even if they couldn't see his horrible fate, they could still hear his screams of agony.

Fury finally felt his body go beyond the point of no return, the Bakugan turning to glare at Phantom one last time. "You...will...PAY!!!!!" Those were his last words before he exploded into purple light, which were sucked up by the lightning before being transferred into the cube.

"No way," Flash whispered as the cube absorbed the lightning. "He sacrificed his own partner?" Everyone watched as the objected glowed purple, the light getting brighter and brighter by the second. Then, one by one, the sides began to vanish. When they did, the contents were revealed.

"A Bakugan?" Flash asked as the small marble floated where the cube had been. It too glowed with the same purple energy that the cube had glowed, the final side of which finally vanished. When that happened, the Bakugan flew down and landed in Phantom's outstretched hand.

As soon as it landed in his gloved hand, the glow began to fade until it was completely gone. "Welcome back." Everyone stared at the Bakugan, hoping something had gone wrong and it hadn't awakened.

But then, the Bakugan popped open to reveal some kind of serpentine shape with arms. It looked around, then turned towards Phantom and spoke in a dark hissing voice. "Where am I?"

"The planet earth," Phantom explained. "After Vestroia was destroyed, the Bakugan were transported to this world. You've been locked away for a while and now, thanks to me, you have awakened once again."

"I see," it replied before looking itself over. "And...this form?"

"A side effect of being in this world. But you can return to your true state of being in a Bakugan Brawl."

"Excellent. I hunger for battle. To destroy all those that stand against me."

"Then I have a proposal for you," Phantom replied. "The only way to battle is with a human partner, one who can throw you into the battle and active your abilities.

"And I'm guessing you want to be that partner?" He stared up at Phantom and saw a smirk appear on his lips.

"Trust me. You're not gonna find a better Brawler to team up with." He watched as the Bakugan seemed to think for a moment, then turned towards Flash and Soarin. Phantom wondered if he was considering them, but then the Bakugan spoke.

"I sense something. Something...familiar." He kept staring on their opponents, making both of them nervous, until he focused in on a certain Bakugan. "You," he spoke up, "Haos Bakugan."

Leonidas realised he was talking to him, "what?"

"What is your name?"

"His name is Leonidas," Phantom replied. "He's actually been a Bakugan of interest to me as well."

"Yes," the Bakugan agreed, "he's different from the others. Though he wears the attribute of light, a darkness sleeps within him." This statement worried Flash and his friends, wondering what that meant, but Flash quickly shook it of.

"What a load of crud," he pulled out a Gate Card and held it up. "Come on Leo. Let's put this guy in his place." Leonidas said nothing whilst the Bakugan turned back to Phantom.

"Very well. I will team up with you for now. Impress me and I might agree to a more long term partnership. My name...is Ragnaroid."

Phantom smiled and nodded back, "and my name is Phantom. Let us bring oblivion to all those who stand against us."

"Enough of this!" Flash cried as he threw his card. "Gate Card...SET!" The card hit the ground and exploded, Flash grabbing Leonidas whilst Soarin grabbed Garuda. "BAKUGAN!" They both cried before throwing them towards the ground, "BRAWL!" It appeared that in the excitement, they forgot to aim for the power-ups. Both Bakugan hit the ground rolling before popping open. "Bakugan...STAND!" In an explosion of light and wind, Leonidas and Garuda appeared.

Garuda: 450Gs
Leonidas: 400Gs

Phantom smirked at the two Bakugan staring down at him, as Ragnaroid closed up. Phantom then used his gauntlet to scan Ragnaroid, allowing him access to all the Bakugan's abilities

"Interesting," he stated when he saw what he had to work with. He then turned to his opponents, "it's time to bring this Brawl to an end and take your Bakugan for myself." He jumped straight up and landed on a large rock, then pulled his arm back. "Bakugan!" He threw his new partner towards the ground, "Brawl!" Everyone watched with baited breath as the Bakugan hit the ground and started rolling, "Bakugan...STAND!" With that, the ball popped open before it exploded with purple light. That light flew up and began to take form, then faded to reveal the Bakugan that was so horrifying.

At first, it appeared to be a snake due to the extra long black tail it had. But its upper body was more of a mix of a man and a scorpion, with its chest having a large purple shell that looked like football armor. It had a pair of black arms that ended in purple scorpion claws, whilst the end of its tail had a large stinger. From out of the top of the armor was a short black neck and on it was a black snake-like head, which had a purple helmet covering the top of its head, nose and snout that had several black horns on it [AN]. It didn't have eyes on the side of its head, and instead had one large eye that was coming out of the top of its helmet. Finally, when its claws snapped open, everyone saw a single eye within each of them.

Flash and Soarin stared at the beast in horror before looking down at their BakuColars.

Garuda: 450Gs
Leonidas: 400Gs
Ragnaroid: 500Gs

"Five hundred?" Flash cried, looking up at Ragnaroid as he snapped his claws.

"Ahh," he sighed in relief, "it feels good to be in my true body again." He turned to look up at the two flying Bakugan, "give me everything you have. That'll make it more satisfying when I beat you."

"You're not beating us," Flash cried as he held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed and Leonidas opened his mouth, "Alpha Blaster!"

Garuda: 450Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 500Gs

Leonidas roared as he unleashed the laser from his mouth, that shot towards Ragnaroid at incredible speed. But Ragnaroid didn't looking worried and simply held his claws up to block it. The laser struck and he was pushed back, but didn't seem at all hurt.

"My turn!" Soarin held up a card, "Ability, Activate!" Garuda shot down towards Ragnaroid as his wings sparked with electricity, "Lightning Wing!"

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 500Gs

Garuda slammed his wings into Ragnaroid, slashing at his claws as hard as he could. And whilst Ragnaroid was knocked back a few inches, he didn't at all appear injured. "HA!" The Darkus Bakugan threw his claws apart, unleashing a burst of air that pushed Garuda back. "Is that all you've got?"

Phantom smirked as he held up a card, "time to show everyone why you were so feared in your day. Ability, Activate!" It glowed along Ragnaroid's single eye, "Dark Light!" The light exploded outwards and struck both his opponents, making them grunt as the force pushed them back.

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 700Gs

With his opponents blinded, Ragnaroid slithered forward. With Garuda so close to the ground, he chose him as his target and spun around to smash the tip of his tail into him. "AUGH!" The Ventus Bakugan cried as he was thrown to the ground, Ragnaroid turning to him before raising his claws.

"Ability!" Flash yelled out, "Activate!" Leonidas flew down and landed between the two, as a force-field appeared around him. "Hyper Shield!" Ragnaroid slashed at the dome, but his claws simply bounced off without issue.

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 500Gs

"Not bad!" Phantom smirked as he held up a card, "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Leonidas started glowing, the light flying off and into Ragnaroid. "Co-Side!"

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 600Gs

Ragnaroid spun around and swung his tail at the shield, shattering it as he did so. Leonidas staggered back, whilst Garuda leapt into the air. "Ability," Soarin held up a card, "Activate!" Garuda's wings sparked, "Thunder Gale!" He then beat his wings and unleashed the lightning blade, hitting the serpent...scorpion...thing.

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 450Gs

Leonidas took this moment to charge at Ragnaroid, Flash holding up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Leonidas pulled his fists back, ready to give his opponent a serious thrashing. "Brawling Dragon!"

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 700Gs
Ragnaroid: 450Gs

But before it could make contact, Phantom held up his own card. "Ability, Activate!" Leonidas threw a punch, but Ragnaroid suddenly exploded into black smoke. "Shadow Divide!"

"What?" Leonidas asked as he watched the smoke, which flew in different directions and increased in amount. It then split into four clouds before taking shape and forming a quartet of Ragnaroid. "Four?" Flash and Soarin looked down at their BakuColars.

Garuda: 650Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 600Gs

"That move nullified our Abilities," Soarin realised as the four Ragnaroid started slashing at the Bakugan. "But it's not enough to take us down!"

"Oh really?" Phantom asked as Garuda slashed one of the Ragnaroid with his wing, but it just exploded into smoke that faded. Leonidas did the same with one of his, whilst the teen held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" The Ragnaroid next to Leonidas exploded and the last remaining one threw its tail at Garuda, wrapping around the Ventus Bakugan. "Viper Coil!" He squeezed tightly, feeling his power increase whilst Garuda's dropped.

Garuda: 550Gs
Leonidas: 600Gs
Ragnaroid: 700Gs

"Garuda!" Soarin yelled his Bakugan was squeezed tighter and tighter, likely about to return to ball form.

"Gate Card!" Flash yelled as the ground began to glow, "Open!" The light flew up and into Leonidas, powering him up as he flew into the air. "Haos Reactor!"

Garuda: 550Gs
Leonidas: 800Gs
Ragnaroid: 700Gs

Leonidas shot down towards the other two and slashed at Ragnaroid's tail, making him flinch and release Garuda.

"Nice," Soarin took out a card. "Ability, Activate!" Garuda flew straight up before dive-bombing towards Ragnaroid. "Sky Burst!"

Garuda: 700Gs
Leonidas: 800Gs
Ragnaroid: 700Gs

Garuda picked up speed and shot straight towards Ragnaroid, who raised his claws and crossed them over. Garuda smashed into the and the two pushed against one another, at a stalemate whilst Leonidas charged. "Ahhh!" He cried, ready to beat Ragnaroid. But before he could-

"Ability," Phantom held up a card, "Activate!" Ragnaroid's claws glowed as he pushed Garuda away, "Razor Tear!"

Garuda: 700Gs
Leonidas: 800Gs
Ragnaroid: 800Gs

Ragnaroid swung his glowing claws around, Garuda barely managing to fly out of the way as Leonidas got in close. The two tried trading blow, each managing to avoid the other's attacks. And then, Soarin held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Garuda's whole body began to spark with green lightning. "Spark Streak, plus Blitz Bolt!"

Garuda: 950Gs
Leonidas: 800Gs
Ragnaroid: 800Gs

Garuda started zipping all over the place, moving too fast for Ragnaroid and Leonidas to follow. And once they were thoroughly confused, he started firing blasts of lightning out of his mouth.

Leonidas leapt back as the attacks rained down, but Ragnaroid wasn't scared. His snake-like body allowed him to swing his upper half around, avoiding all the blasts. But as he did, Leonidas leapt right up.

"Ability," Flash held up a card, "Activate!" Leonidas started spinning, light wrapping around him to form his drill attack. "Shining Tornado!"

Garuda: 950Gs
Leonidas: 950Gs
Ragnaroid: 800Gs

The drill shot towards Ragnaroid, whilst Garuda prepared to attack if Leonidas was countered. But despite the oncoming threat, Ragnaroid just smirked. "Pathetic," he turned to Phantom, "I think it's time we show them why I was such a feared Bakugan back in Vestroia."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Phantom took out a card and held it up. "Ability...ACTIVATE!" Ragnaroid raised one of its claws and opened it up, revealing the hidden eye. "Dark Gaze!" The eye glowed purple and unleashed a beam of light, which struck the Shining Tornado. To everyone's shock, the drill began to slow down whilst the light faded.

Within seconds, Leonidas was revealed to be completely frozen. "What?" He growled, trying to move but couldn't.

"Hold on!" Garuda yelled as he charged toward Ragnaroid, only for the Darkus Bakugan to raise its other claw and open it up. The eye in that one was also glowing and shot a beam that struck him, Garuda feeling himself freeze. "No!"

"GUYS!" Flash and Soarin yelled before looking down at their BakuColars.

Garuda: 850Gs
Leonidas: 850Gs
Ragnaroid: 800Gs

Phantom laughed, "now you see why I was able to send so many Bakugan to the Doom Dimension." As he said that, something sparked in his mind. "Wait."

"Hold on guys!" Flash yelled as he pulled out a card. But before he could activate it, it glowed purple. "What?"

"Sorry," Phantom told him, "but Dark Gaze prevents you from activating any Abilities."

"No way," Soarin cried seeing his Ability Card glowing purple as well.

"Now," Phantom took out another card, "let's end this battle...shall we, partner." Ragnaroid nodded as Phantom held the card up. "Fusion Ability, ACTIVATE!" Ragnaroid brought both of his claws together, as the purple light it was producing turned pitch black.

"EYE OF DARKNESS!" He yelled as a wave of shadows exploded out of the eyes, flying towards the two Bakugan.

Garuda: 850Gs
Leonidas: 850Gs
Ragnaroid: 1100Gs

"NO!" Leonidas cried as he and Garuda were struck, both feeling an overwhelming feeling of pain and dread flushing through them. Garuda cried out as he was blasted back to ball form, sent tumbling towards the ground.

Flash: 40%
Soarin: 0%
Phantom: 54%

But Leonidas continued to fight, doing everything he could to fight against the power. As he did, a strange black veil appeared around him. "RAAAH!" He cried, the veil exploding off him and pushing the shadows back.

"LEO!" Flash cried, wondering what was going on. Ragnaroid wasn't wondering.

"I knew it," he stated before unleashing another blast of darkness. This one mixed with the first and pushed back against Leonidas, his energy not enough to stop this.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He screamed before he was finally knocked flying back, reverting to ball form and falling to the ground as Flash's life gauge dropped.

Flash: 0%
Soarin: 0%
Phantom: 54% (Winner)

The field was completely silent as they watched the battlefield vanish, whilst Ragnaroid returned to Phantom. But finally, the announcer broke the silence. "That's it. The brawl ends with Phantom as the winner." Slowly, several of the crowd gave a gentle round of applause. Many were to terrified after seeing Ragnaroid in action.

Twilight and the others didn't applaud, the lot to worried about Flash and Soarin.

They looked down at the battlefield and saw the two kneeling where their Bakugan had fallen. "Leo!" Flash picked his partner up, "you okay? Talk to me!" Nothing happened for a second, then the ball popped open.

"Ahh," he groaned, "I'm okay."

"Garuda!" Soarin cried, "please talk to me!" The Bakugan opened up as well.

"Don't worry," he assured him. "I'm alright. Though I'll be feeling that one tomorrow."

Meanwhile, Phantom and Ragnaroid were also talking to one another. "So," he asked the Bakugan, "do I meet your expectations?"

Ragnaroid hummed for a moment, "you were able to keep up with me. Yes, I think this partnership will do quite nicely." Phantom smirked before Ragnaroid turned back to his opponents, focusing wholly on the Haos Bakugan. "Now that I've battle with you, Leonidas, I know what makes you different. You...are from the Doom Dimension."

Those words rang out through the stadium and everyone who knew what the Doom Dimension was went wide-eyed, every eyes in the house turning to Leonidas.

"Leonidas?" Flash asked, staring at his partner. "From the Doom Dimension?"

"The energy you wielded before was that of the Doom Dimension. I'd know it anywhere. After all, I've sent hundreds of Bakugan to that place."

Flash still couldn't believe it, "Leonidas..."

"We are the same," Ragnaroid told him. "Though you wield the attribute of light, in your heart there is nothing but darkness." Flash frowned at this. "Join me and together, there won't be a Bakugan alive that can stop us."

"Are you crazy!" Flash stood up, glaring Ragnaroid down. "Leo's not like you!"

"Think it over," Ragnaroid stated. "In your heart, you know the truth. Find me, when you can admit it." With that, curled up and Phantom clutched him in his hand before disappearing. Everyone gasped as the teen appeared on the ledge overlooking the battlefield, then disappeared again. Likely heading for an exit.

Nobody tried to go after him, the lot too focused on what Ragnaroid had said.

Flash finally got up the courage to look down at his partner. "Leonidas," the dragon slowly glanced up at him, "he's lying...right?" He waited, praying Leonidas would say yes. But...alas.

"I'm sorry," he finally spoke up. "But it's true. I am from the Doom Dimension." The confirmation was enough to shock everybody listening, the lot of them unable to believe the truth that had just been revealed. The only question was, where did they got from here? Could they trust Leonidas...now knowing where he came from?

Author's Note:

Well, that sucked. Phantom got a serious upgrade and we've discovered the not so secret secret of Leonidas. I know a lot of you were expecting Vladitor, but the guy's kind of boring design wise to be honest. Besides, Ragnaroid's is just such a fun name and I love his design. Hope you enjoyed it.

AN: Imagine MetalGreymon's head from Fusion. Instead of a visor, he has an eye.

PreviousChapters Next