• Published 26th Mar 2022
  • 2,559 Views, 278 Comments

Bakugan EQG - Banshee531



Bakugan, the most popular game in the world. But there's more to it then meets the eye. Now, a group of teens must work together to save both their world and another.

  • ...
6
 278
 2,559

PreviousChapters Next
Rainbooms Rock

The Bakugan Battle Tournament was now reaching its final phase, for now only six teams remained. The BakuFighters, who had been remaining at the top of the bracket since the earliest parts of the tournament, continued to stand above the rest with four members remaining to every other team's one or two.

One of those BakuFighters, Heath, was running as fast as he could through the City Battlefield. He and his partner, Wukong, were tracking the location of their teammate. "Hang on Bonnie," he told her as he continued to make his way through it.

"I hope she and Gaia can hang on long enough," Wukong gulped as they spotted the edge of the battlefield and saw the Canyon Field was on the other side of the divide.


Over in the BakuFighter's bunker, the rest of the BakuFighters and all the defeated Rainbooms watched as the TV showed Heath and Wukong enter the Canyon Field.

"It won't be long now," Flash sighed as Derpy changed the channel to show Bonnie standing atop a large rock in the field.

"I wish we could see where Twilight and Rainbow are," Pinkie frowned. Unfortunately, the screens only zeroed in on members of the team when it wasn't picking up a brawl. "I hate not knowing what they're doing."

"With so many teams eliminated," Lyra began to state. "There'll be a lot more open space. That means there's less chance of Brawlers running into one another and starting a battle. But it also means there's nothing getting in Twilight and Rainbow's way."

"How's Soarin doing?" Flash asked as Derpy turned the channel to him. He was still in the Ocean Zone, but he appeared to be making his way over to the Canyon Field as well. "Let's hope he can get there soon. That way all three of them can work together in the Brawl."


Over in the Canyon Field, Bonnie jumped down from the rock and began making he way towards the City Field. "I don't like this," she quivered at the open emptiness of the area. "I feel like they're gonna jump out at me or something."

"Just relax," Gaia told her. "Heath will be here shortly and when he is, we'll be a lot safer."

"Oh, you're far from safe!" A voice called out, making Bonnie jump and turn to see someone standing atop a nearby rock pile. That someone was Rainbow Dash, the leather wearing girls smirking at her with an evil glint. "Not while I'm around anyway."

Bonnie panicked and that fear doubled when another voice called out to her. "This is the day you lose Gaia and every reason to keep brawling." Twilight stepped out from behind another rock, pushing up her glasses and staring at the girl.

A beeping sound made Bonnie look down and see her worst fear was a reality.

Bonnie: 100%
Twilight: 100%
Rainbow: 100%

"We have to fight them both together?" She asked, looking horrified as Rainbow leapt down and landed besides Twilight.

"What's wrong?" She asked with a smirk, "scared?"

"Terrified," Bonnie gulped before taking a deep breath. "But I'm not backing down," she told them. "Not if it means bringing you guys back to your senses." She turned to Gaia, "ready?"

"Always," the Subterra Bakugan nodded.


"And once again, the BakuFighters and the Rainboom square off. Only this time, it'll be two against one in the Rainboom's favour."

"What?" Soarin asked as he activated his BakuColar and saw who was battling. "Oh no." He and Garuda picked up the pace, but soon found themselves stopping when a beeping caused him to look down and see he had just run into a Brawl.

"Over here!" He spun around and spotted a cream skinned girl with red hair, wearing a green dress and brown boots. "Woo!" She cried, flicking a Pyrus Bakugan into the air, "this is gonna be fun!"

Soarin sighed and took out a Gate Card. "Hold on Bonnie. I'll try and make this quick."


Inside their bunker, Bonnie friends were all having a panic attack. "She's battling them both!?" Applejack cried, "nah how's that fair!"

"It's not," Rarity frowned. "Which is exactly how they want it." As she said that, someone appeared at the door of the bunker and knocked. They all turned and gasped seeing Fluttershy, Lyra rushing over to let her in. "Darling!" Rarity rushed over and hugged her, "are you okay?"

"I think so," Fluttershy nodded. "Though...I'll be a lot better when I can change into some different clothes." The other Rainbooms nodded, understanding wholeheartedly. Fluttershy then noticed the battle about to take place. "Oh, Heath didn't make it in time."

"Yeah," Leonidas nodded as Fluttershy sat down and Lepusinge jumped onto the bench. "But Gaia's tough. It won't be easy for them to take her down, even if it's two on one."

"I hope you're right," Lepusinge told him. "Because I get the feeling those two together are gonna hit hard and fast." Still feeling strange about Lepusinge talking, they turned back to the screen as the battle began.


"Gate card!" Rainbow threw the card, "Set!" The field glowed green as the Gate Card filled the area, whilst the three girls rushed off through the field. Bonnie spotted a cluster of power-ups nearby and leapt up onto a large rock, but Twilight and Rainbow also saw it and did the same.

"BAKUGAN!" They all cried as they threw their Bakugan towards the cluster, "BRAWL!" The three Bakugan shot through the air and all reached the cluster together, hitting several before all slamming into one another and bouncing away. They hit the ground and rolled away from one another. "BAKUGAN!" They shot open, "STAND!" A burst of orange and purple light filled the air along with a tornado, the three Bakugan appearing with Gaia towering over her opponents.

Gaia: 550Gs
Terraspin: 530Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

"Twilight's Spikenoid has the power advantage, but will that be enough to overpower the giantess known as Subterra Gaia!"

"Ability!" Bonnie instantly held up her card, "Activate!" Gaia raised her colossal foot, "Earth Power!" She slammed it into the ground and caused a shockwave that knocked the other two Bakugan off balance.

Gaia: 550Gs
Terraspin: 330Gs
Spikenoid: 400Gs

As the two tried to regain their balance, Gaia rushed forward to try and kick the two before they could recover. But before she could. "Ability!" Twilight held up a card, "Activate!" It glowed as Spike's mouth filled with green flames, "Fire Burst!"

Gaia: 550Gs
Terraspin: 330Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

He shot the flames and they struck Gaia in the chest, making her hiss as she was knocked staggering back. As she did, Terraspin managed to leap into the air and start flying above her. "Nice trick!" He stated as Rainbow held up a pair of cards, "let me show you one of mine!"

"Double Ability!" They glowed, "Activate!" Terraspin unleashed a tornado, which struck Gaia and blew her backward a few inches. "Shell Tornado, plus Shell Saw!" Terraspin flew down and struck the giant, his spinning fins grinding into her.

Gaia: 450Gs
Terraspin: 530Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Gaia cried out as she was sliced by the tortoise, but she managed to jump to the side and cause him to fly passed her. But not a second later, Spike rushed towards her with his claws glowing. "Raaah!" He slashed at her, Gaia barely able to block it with her shield. "Give up!"

"Never!" She cried as Bonnie held up a pair of cards.

"Double Ability, Activate!" They glowed as Gaia felt her strength returning, "Oak Defender, plus Wood Slammer!" Shell Saw's effects cancelled out, allowing her to throw Spike away.

Gaia: 650Gs
Terraspin: 530Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

She then pulled her leg back before throwing it forward and slammed into Spikenoid, sending him flying backwards as he cried out in pain. Gaia smiled at this and turned back to Terraspin, who was flying towards her at mach speed. As she did, Rainbow cried out. "Gate Card, OPEN!" The field glowed before a powerful gust of wind filled it, "Ventus Reactor!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Terraspin flew down and slammed into Gaia, knocking her back as Bonnie held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" It glowed along with Gaia. "Ultra Growth!"

Gaia: 850Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Gaia regained her footing and then charged, throwing a fist that smashed into Terraspin before he could get away. He cried out as he was knocked into a rock-pile, crashing through it before sliding to the ground. Gaia smirked, but then heard Twilight call out. "Ability, Activate!" A green light made her look around to see Spike's spikes glowing, "Spiking Strike!" The lights shot off him and into the sky, flying down towards her.

Being so big, she wasn't able to dodge in time and three of them slammed into her. "Augh!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

She fought through the pain and charged at Spike, still strong enough to take him down. But then, Terraspin suddenly slammed into her and she was knocked staggering. "Gyah!" She cried, as Rainbow held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" It glowed as Terraspin leapt at her, retracting his appendages as he spun through the air. "Shell Spin!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Terraspin: 830Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Gaia held up her shield, trying to defend herself with little success. The shell smashed into her and she was knocked off her feet, hitting the ground and causing it to shake. "Gaia!" Bonnie cried through the earthquake.


Her friends all flinched at this, whilst the Bakugan all frowned with Nimue saying what they were all thinking. "Whenever she focuses on one Bakugan, the other uses it to attack her blind spot."

"Yes," Cleopal agreed. "If it were normal Bakugan she were fighting, she would probably stand a chance. But against those two powerhouses, I'm afraid Gaia isn't going to be able to find an opening to attack." But as she said that, Flash noticed something on the screen that made him smile.

"Don't worry guys." They turned to him, "The scores are about to be evened."


"Alright!" Spike smirked as he cracked his knuckles, he and Terraspin moving over to finish Gaia off. But before he could.

"Bakugan!" A voice called out as a Pyrus Sphere flew onto the battlefield and hit several power-ups along the way, "BRAWL!" The Bakugan hit the ground and rolled close to Gaia, "Bakugan...STAND!" It burst into flames as a blazing ape appeared from them and threw a fist into Spike's face.

"RAAAH!" Wukong yelled as he clobbered Spike, making him cry out in pain as he staggered backwards.

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 830Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Bonnie and Gaia gasped seeing Wukong appear and get between the downed Bakugan and her opponents, Bonnie looking down at her BakuColar.

Heath: 100%
Bonnie: 100%
Twilight: 100%
Rainbow: 100%

"Bonnie!" She looked around and spotted Heath standing atop one of the rocks, panting after running and jumping a lot to get here. "Looks like I made it just in time."

"Intrusion Penalty!"

Heath suddenly found himself getting zapped, crying out as his life points were cut in half. He fell to the ground, smoking a little as his points changed.

Heath: 50%
Bonnie: 100%
Twilight: 100%
Rainbow: 100%

"Heath Burns, coming to his teammate's defence but earning himself a severe penalty in doing so."

"Ha!" Rainbow cried, "idiot. Wasting your own points to save your teammates."

"A very unwise strategy," Twilight pushed her glasses up. "You would have done better to wait until our points were slightly lower, since now you have become the team's weak link."

"Don't be so sure," Heath told her as he and Gaia stood up. "My points may be down, but now Wukong and I are here to even up the playing field."

"Thanks Heath," Bonnie smiled at her whilst Heath gave her a thumbs up.

"No problem. Now let's finish this and save our friends." She nodded and Heath took out a card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed as Wukong started beating his chest, "Blazing Rhythm!" The flaming soundwaves struck the two and made them both flinch, their powers dropping.

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

"Ability!" Bonnie cried as she held up a card, "Activate!" It glowed as Gaia's skirt grew, the vines shooting into the ground and popping up a few seconds later around their opponents. "Vine Trap!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 400Gs

The vines lifted both Bakugan into the air, as Wukong rushed forward ready to pound them both. But Twilight was ready. "Double Ability, Activate!" She held up a pair of cards that glowed, as Spike's scales began to sheen. "Scale-Mail, plus Tearing Claw!" The scales were able to rub the vines raw until they teared, allowing him to flash whilst slashing at Terraspin's vines and freeing him.

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

But as they fell, Wukong leapt up and Heath held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" His clenched his fist as it ignited, "Fire Smasher!"

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 850Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 600Gs

Before Spike could react, Wukong slammed his fist up into his stomach. "AUGH!" He cried as he was thrown backwards, then reverted back to ball form as Twilight's life points dropped.

Heath: 50%
Bonnie: 100%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 100%

"Twilight Sparkle is the first to lose a Bakugan. Now she'll have to wait until the end of the round to get back into the battle." Twilight frowned as she rushed over to grab Spike, whilst Wukong turn to Terraspin.

"Double Ability!" Rainbow held up her cards, "Activate!" As Wukong tried to throw a punch at him, Terraspin spun around. "Shell Guard!" His fist smashed into the shell, but the flames around it extinguished as the shell glowed.

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 830Gs

"Plus, Shell Smash!" The light suddenly exploded off of Terraspin, creating a shockwave that knocked Wukong away.

Gaia: 700Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 1130Gs

Terraspin then spun around and charged, ready to take Wukong down and knock Heath out of the contest. But before he could reach him, Gaia appeared between them. "Fusion Ability!" Bonnie held up a card, "Activate!" The card glowed along with the ground, which began to form trees made of green energy. "Spirit of the Forest!"

"It's not enough!" She cried as she held up her shield and blocked the attack, the energy flew into and powering her up. But not to the amount Terraspin had.

Gaia: 1050Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 1130Gs

Before Bonnie could try and activate another ability, Terraspin pushed passed her defences. "Augh!" She cried as she was knocked off her feet, falling towards Wukong. But she reverted back to ball form before she could crush the ape, Bonnie calling out her name as her life points reverted.

Heath: 50%
Bonnie: 84%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 100%

As Gaia's ball form fell to the ground, Wukong pushed himself up to his feet and charged. "Heath!" The teen nodded and held up three cards.

"Triple Ability, Activate!" The cards glowed as Wukong's exploded into fire, which spread around his fist as a ball of lava formed on it. "Blast Infernal, plus Eruption Force, plus Fusion Ability, Volcanic Impact!"

Wukong: 1250Gs
Terraspin: 1130Gs

"RAAAH!" Wukong cried as he leapt into the air and raised the lava ball high, then swung it downwards.

"WOW!" Terraspin cried as the ball slammed into him, Rainbow not reacting fast enough to try and save him. "GYAH!" He cried as he was thrust into the ground by the lava ball, which exploded and sent him flying as he reverted back to ball form.

Heath: 50%
Bonnie: 84%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 76%

"With that, the BakuFighters take the first round of battle. Heath and Twilight share bottom rung with fifty percent of their remaining life gauge, whilst Bonnie is at the top with eighty four percent." Wukong returned to Heath as Rainbow picked up Terraspin. "But this match is far from over folks"


"He's right," Rarity nodded. "Those two won't make the same mistakes twice. And this time, Heath won't have the element of surprise on his side."

"Thing's might just get worst," Lyra agreed. "Especially if they have one of those Phantom Abilities that Fluttershy used." They all thought back to Heath's last battle, Fluttershy looking confused at the mention of her name along with the strange word Lyra mentioned.

"Phantom Ability?"

"It's a weird card you used on Heath," Pinkie told her. "It was really bad and a total cheating card." This made Fluttershy feel even worse, since she absolutely hated cheating. "Do you still have it?"

Fluttershy began looking through all her cards, but couldn't find this Phantom Ability anywhere. "It's gone."

"Strange," Rarity raised an eyebrow, "I wonder what could have happened." As they kept looking, Flash turned to Derpy.

"How's Soarin doing?" Derpy changed the channel for a moment to check, seeing Soarin was still in the Ocean Field Brawling with Garuda against the girl.


"Ability!" Soarin held up the card, "Activate!" It glowed as Garuda dived towards the Pyrus Manion, "Sky Burst!"

Garuda: 750Gs
Manion: 700Gs

But as Garuda got in close, the girl pointed to the ground. "Gate Card, Open!" The ground glowed and suddenly, there were several Manion surrounding the original. "Afterimage!"

"What?" Garuda asked as the many Manion began running around, making it impossible to find the real one. "No way!"

Garuda: 750Gs
Manion: 800Gs

The Manion flew up towards him and all attacked from different angles, Garuda trying to knock them all away with his wings. Then, all but one of them vanished as the girl held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" The snake on Manion's head opened it mouth, "Amun-Re!" A burst of fire shot out of the snake and struck Garuda, making him cry out as he fell towards the ground.

Garuda: 750Gs
Manion: 900Gs

Garuda tried to correct himself, but he hit the water before he could and let out another cry of pain before reverting back to ball form and landed on a nearby island.

Soarin: 65%
Autumn: 78%

"Ahh!" Garuda moaned as he rushed over to get him. He hadn't thought much of this girl when the battle started, but now he knew underestimating her was a mistake. If he didn't end this Brawl quickly, his friends would be in trouble.


"Thanks for the save back then," Heath told Bonnie as she took out her Gate Card.

"Just returning to favour," she smiled before getting serious. "But we have to be careful. One wrong move and they'll pounce on us before we realise we made a wrong move."

"Yes," Gaia nodded, "just look at them." They did, seeing both Twilight and Rainbow glaring at the pair. As they did, a dark aura began to form around them. "The darkness that holds them won't let go so easily."

"Tell me about it," Wukong stated. "We barely managed to beat Fluttershy before. And I don't think these two are happy we freed their friends."

"All we can do is keep pushing," Bonnie stated as she threw the Gate Card. It hit the ground and exploded into an orange light, the four teens running off to find some power-ups. They spotted some, but they were located over a crack in the ground.

"Bakugan!" Twilight and Rainbow cried as they threw theirs, "BRAWL!" Spikenoid and Terraspin flew through the air and bounced off the ground right in front of the crack, shooting into the air and hitting the cluster as they opened. "Bakugan...STAND!" Opening up in midair, Spikenoid and Terraspin appeared with the tortoise taking to the air and Spikenoid landing on the other side of the gap.

Terraspin: 700Gs
Spikenoid: 630Gs

The two spotted several other power-ups a ways off and ran for them. "Bakugan!" They threw them, "BRAWL!" Wukong and Gaia shot through the air and struck the power-ups, both landing on the other side of the canyon. "Bakugan!" They popped open, "STAND!" In a flash of orange light and flames, the two took to the field and stared their opponents down.

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 700Gs

The four all took out a card and held them up, "ABILITY...ACTIVATE!" Spikenoid and Terraspin prepared their attacks, turning to Gaia as Wukong charged forward. "Fire Burst/Shell Tornado!" But then, Gaia raised her large foot.

"Earth Power!" She smashed it into the ground, causing it to shake so much that Spike was knocked over and his flames shot into the air and struck Terraspin.

"Augh!" He cried as he was knocked to the ground, which as still shaking. This cancelled out their attacks, whilst Wukong leapt over the canyon as his fists ignited.

"Fire Smasher!"

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 800Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 700Gs

With a single swing, he smashed both fists into the Bakugan and made them both cry out as they were knocked back. He rushed forward, ready to punch Spike in the face. But this time, Twilight held up a card before he could. "Ability, Activate!" Spike's scales glowed as he crossed his arms, blocking the fists as they made contact and the flames vanished. "Scale-Mail!"

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 800Gs

Spike then reached out and grabbed him by the arm, then spun around and swung Wukong around. "WOW!" He cried before he smashed into the grounds, causing it to shake. "Augh!" As he did, Terraspin took to the air and shot towards Gaia.

"Ability!" Bonnie held up a card, "Activate!" It glowed and Gaia swung her wooden shield around, "Wood Slammer!" But before it could hit Terraspin, Rainbow held up her own card.

"Ability, Activate!" It glowed as Terraspin spun around, "Shell Guard!" Gaia's shield slammed into his shell as it glowed, protecting him from the impact and cancelling Gaia's ability. At the same time, Heath held up his card.

"Ability, Activate!" Wukong, still on the ground, started banging his chest and unleashing flaming soundwaves. "Blazing Rhythm!" The soundwaves struck Terraspin and Spikenoid, making them flinch as their power was lowered.

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 530Gs
Spikenoid: 700Gs

Wukong took this moment to get back up, only for Spike to turn and charge. "You're not beating us that easily!" He cried as he slammed into Wukong, tackling him backwards until they slammed into a large rock.

"Wukong!" Heath cried, rushing towards him. As he did, Rainbow held up another Ability Card whilst Terraspin flew around Gaia.

"Ability, Activate!" The light around his shell glowed before shattering, "Shell Smash!"

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 830Gs
Spikenoid: 700Gs

The saw-like Bakugan flew around and smashed into Gaia several times, making her cry out as she was knocked staggering around. At the same time, Spike started slashing at Wukong as the monkey tried to pick himself up out of the rocks. "Gotta do something," Bonnie whispered before gasping. "That's it!" She pointed at the ground, "Gate Card...OPEN!" The ground began to glow as a crack appeared beneath Spike and he fell into it. "Land Pressure!" Another crack appeared near Gaia and she managed to use her shield to knock Terraspin into it.

Gaia: 600Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

As Spike tried to pull himself free, Wukong picked himself up and stood shakily. "Wow," he moaned, "head rush!" He looked down at Spike, who was still struggling. "Better make this quick!" Gaia was thinking the same thing, as Bonnie held up a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Gaia glowed as her power increased, "Ultra Growth!"

Gaia: 800Gs
Wukong: 600Gs
Terraspin: 630Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

She raised her foot to stomp on Terraspin, whilst Wukong prepared to punch him. But then, Twilight and Rainbow held up a card each. "Ability, Activate!" Both cards glowed along with their Bakugan. "Shell Saw/Spiking Strike!" Spike launched his glowing spikes and four of them struck Wukong in the chest, making him cry out as he was knocked staggering back. At the same time, Terraspin spun around to form a saw-like appearance that struck the bottom of Gaia's foot. It wasn't stopping her, but it was slowing her down a bit.

Gaia: 800Gs
Wukong: 400Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

Spike finally managed to pull himself out of the crack, whilst Rainbow took out another card. "Ability, Activate!" Wukong, still reeling from the Spiking Strike hitting him, suddenly found himself glowing and the light flying into Terraspin. "Co-Side!"

Gaia: 800Gs
Wukong: 400Gs
Terraspin: 830Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

The increase in power was just what Terraspin needed to knock Gaia off of him, the Ventus Bakugan leaping into the air and flying towards Gaia. But then Bonnie held up another card. "Ability, Activate!" Gaia held up her shield, "Oak Defender!" The shield absorbed the impact, Gaia sliding back a few inches as Co-Side was negated.

Gaia: 800Gs
Wukong: 400Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

Gaia was trapped, unable to stop Terraspin as he continued to grind against her shield. At the same time, Spike stood tall and growled at Wukong as his spike faded form the monkey. "Ability," Heath held up a card, "Activate!" Wukong formed the lava sphere in his hands and thrust it in Spike's direction, "Eruption Force!"

Gaia: 800Gs
Wukong: 550Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

But before it could reach him, Spike leapt out of the way. As he did, both Twilight and Bonnie held up a card. "Fusion Ability, Activate!" Bonnie cried, as the ground around Gaia formed large energy trees that quickly flew into her. "Spirit of the Forest!"

Gaia: 1150Gs
Wukong: 550Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

This allowed her to throw Terraspin away, the Ventus Bakugan crying out as he went flying. But as he did, Twilight got an idea. "Spike, go for Gaia!" Spike nodded and rushed away from Wukong, running towards the Subterra Bakugan as Twilight held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed along with Spike's spikes, turning purple. And before Gaia could realise what was happening, he was leaping at her. "Dark Spikes!" Gaia spun in his direction, only to cry out when the spikes were impaled into her.

"Give me your power," Spike smirked as her energy was drained into him.

Gaia: 575Gs
Wukong: 550Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 1075Gs

"Gyah!" Gaia did her best and managed to push Spike off of her, staggering back but feeling woozy. And just as she was trying to correct herself, Bonnie called out to her.

"Gaia, behind you!" She quickly looked around and spotted Terraspin flying towards her, the reptilian Bakugan smashing into her before she could escape.

"AUGH!" She cried as she was knocked off her feet and reverted back to ball form, Bonnie rushing over to catch her as her life points went down.

Heath: 50%
Bonnie: 51%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 76%

"That's not good," Wukong gulped as Spike and Terraspin turned to him. "Heath!" He put up his dukes as Spike charged, Heath holding up a pair of cards.

"Double Ability, Activate!" A circle of fire appeared around him, which Spike had to skid to a halt to avoid running into. "Firewall!"

Wukong: 550Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

"Plus, Fusion Ability, Volcanic Impact!" He then created a sphere of lava and thrust his fist into it

Wukong: 850Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 500Gs

He leapt out of the fire circle and prepared to smash the sphere into Spike, but as he did Terraspin flew in and smashed into him. "Gyah!" He was taken by surprise, but managed to regain his footing and push back against Terraspin as he prepared to smash into him.

But as he was about too, Twilight spotted something that had fallen out of the rubble Wukong had been knocked into before. A surprise card.

As Wukong pushed Terraspin away from him, Twilight ran over and managed to grab it. As she did, it exploded and shot over to Wukong. "What?" He asked when the energy surrounded him, then flew off him and into Spike. "Augh!" He cried, feeling his power drain away as his Eruption Force vanished.

Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 730Gs
Spikenoid: 700Gs

"Wow. Wukong had the advantage but the Surprise Card, Vampiric, stole it away."

As Wukong felt dizzy after the energy drain, Terraspin shot towards him and smashed into him before he or Heath could stop him. "Raaah!" He cried as he was knocked off his feet and sent flying, returning to ball form as Heath's points dropped.

Heath: 34%
Bonnie: 51%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 76%

"With that, the Rainbooms take the lead in this brawl. Now Rainbow is the highest scorer and if they get another round like that, she'll stay it until the end."

The Rainboom's Bakugan returned to their partners. "Oh yeah!" Rainbow smirked, but noticed Twilight frowning. "What?"

"You should have let me beat Bonnie," Twilight stated harshly. "I was five hundred points ahead. I would have beaten her and taken her Bakugan."

"Whatever," Rainbow rolled her eyes, "just be five hundred points ahead next time." Twilight was glaring at her, which didn't go unnoticed.


"Oh," Fluttershy shivered, "I don't like this. Rainbow and Twilight were never hostile towards one another like this."

"Guess we're not the only ones their new personalities made them against," Flash frowned as the brawl continued. Twilight took out her Gate Card and glanced over at Rainbow.


"This time, follow my lead!" She threw it, the energy field forming as the four brawlers rushed off to find some power ups. And they did so, all notice a large number of them a ways off and running as hard as they could to get to them.

The four were all even, though Rainbow quickly began to get ahead. As so, she was the first one to reach a large rock that was in good range of the cluster. The prism haired girl quickly leapt up onto the rock and jumped off it, "Bakugan!" She threw it, "BRAWL!" Terraspin shot through the air and managed to hit the cluster, getting a good number of the power-ups before hitting the ground. "Bakugan...STAND!" The ball shot open and exploded into a tornado, which Terraspin shot out of and flew into the sky.

"Alright!" He cheered as the power-ups kicked in.

Terraspin: 780Gs

As Rainbow landed, the other three reached the rock and leapt into the air. "BAKUGAN!" They all threw their partners, "BRAWL!" And they shot through the air, hitting the Power-ups before landing on the ground and rolling. "BAKUGAN!" They popped open and glowed, "STAND!" In a burst of purple and orange light, along with flames, the three remaining Bakugan stood tall for what could be the final battle.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 780Gs
Spikenoid: 650Gs

Rainbow was the first to make a move and took out a card. "Ability, Activate!" Terraspin shot towards Wukong, "Shell Saw!" The attack struck Wukong and he cried out as the blade-like spinning appendages ground into him.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 550Gs
Terraspin: 780Gs
Spikenoid: 650Gs

"Ahhh," Heath cried as he took out a pair of cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" The fire circle appeared around Wukong, which made Terraspin begin to sweat and allow Wukong to push him away. "Fire Wall!" Wukong's fist then exploded into flames, "Plus Fire Smasher!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 850Gs
Terraspin: 780Gs
Spikenoid: 650Gs

Wukong leapt out of the fire circle and threw his fist towards Terraspin, only for the turtle to spin around before he could. "Ability," Rainbow held up a card, "Activate!" Terraspin's shell glowed, "Shell Guard!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 780Gs
Spikenoid: 650Gs

Wukong punched the shell, but the flames around his fists extinguished and he hissed in pain. As he did, Spike rushed forward as Twilight held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" His claws glowed as he got closer to the ape, "Tearing Claw!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 780Gs
Spikenoid: 750Gs

He leapt at Wukong, but before he could the ground exploded beneath him and Terraspin before a bunch of vines shot out and grabbed them. "Augh!" They both cried, struggling against their bonds. They then turned to Gaia, whose skirt was extended and digging into the ground.

"Ability, Activate!" Bonnie smirked, "Vine Trap!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 680Gs
Spikenoid: 650Gs

"Now Heath!" Bonnie cried, her partner nodding and taking out a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Wukong started beating his chest, "Blazing Rhythm!" The flaming shockwaves flew out and struck the pair, making them flinch as their power dropped even more.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 580Gs
Spikenoid: 550Gs

Rainbow and Twilight shielded their ears from the sound, both growling at the pair. "Enough of this!" Twilight held up a card. "Ability, Activate!" Spike's mouth filled with green flames, "Fire Burst!" He unleashed the flamethrower, which burnt away the vines around him. As he fell, he launched another fire stream and struck Gaia.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 580Gs
Spikenoid: 750Gs

"Augh!" Gaia cried as she tried to protect herself from the flames, with Bonnie taking out a card.

"Ability, Activate!" Gaia raised her shield and began to block the fire, "Oak Defender!" The flames began to sputter out, Spike's ability being cancelled.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 580Gs
Spikenoid: 550Gs

But as she did, Rainbow held up her card. "Ability, Activate!" Terraspin flew towards Wukong, pulling his limbs in as he did. "Shell Spin!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 650Gs
Terraspin: 680Gs
Spikenoid: 550Gs

The spinning shell smashed into Wukong, but he managed to grab it in his hands despite flinching. "Ability!" Heath held up a card, "Activate!" Wukong's hair exploded, "Blast Infernal!" The flames wrapped themselves around Terraspin, burning him heavily.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 800Gs
Terraspin: 680Gs
Spikenoid: 550Gs

With that, Wukong swung Terraspin around and eventually let the tortoise go. He was sent flying out of control, straight towards Spikenoid. "Look out!" Rainbow told Twilight, but it was too late. Terraspin crashed into Spike and knocked him over, the pair crying out as the flames that still wrapped around Terraspin spread.

"Get off!" Spike cried, as Twilight shot Rainbow a glare.

Rainbow frowned back as Wukong and Gaia rushed over to one another. "We've got'em on the ropes," the ape cried. "Let's finish them off!"

"I'm right with yeah!" Heath cried as he held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" Wukong charged as he formed the sphere of lava, which he thrust his fist into as he rushed forward. "Eruption Force, plus Fusion Ability, Volcanic Impact!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 1250Gs
Terraspin: 680Gs
Spikenoid: 550Gs

As he got in close, Spike and Terraspin finally got up as the flames faded. They saw the attack coming and their partners were about to activate their abilities, but Bonnie was faster. "Ability, Activate!" It glowed and Gaia stopped on the ground, "Earth Power!" The shaking ground knocked them both off balance, whilst Wukong didn't even seem to notice.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 1250Gs
Terraspin: 480Gs
Spikenoid: 350Gs

Wukong rushed up to Spikenoid, ready to end this and free the Bakugan. But as he got in close, Spike leapt to the side and barely avoided the lava punch. "Ability," Twilight held up her card, "Activate!" Spikenoid's spikes glowed purple and he quickly thrust them into Wukong's chest, the ape's eyes going wide in pain.

"AUGH!" He cried as his power was drained away.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 625Gs
Terraspin: 480Gs
Spikenoid: 975Gs

As Wukong was knocked backwards, Terraspin took to the air as Rainbow held up two cards. "Double Ability, Activate!" He leapt into the sky, as the glow surrounding his body exploded off of him and he began spinning his limbs around. "Shell Smash, plus Shell Tornado!"

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 625Gs
Terraspin: 980Gs
Spikenoid: 975Gs

Terraspin unleashed a tornado, which struck Wukong and blasted him backwards. "WOW!" He cried as he flew through the air, then fell towards one of the canyons where he would likely get stuck.

"Hold on!" Gaia cried, running forward as fast as he colossal body and reaching the edge of the canyon just as Wukong was about to fall in. "Got you!" She cried, grabbing him by the foot.

"Wow," Wukong sighed, "thanks!" She pulled him up, "that was close." Gaia nodded and they turned back to their opponents, who smirked as Twilight and Rainbow leapt up onto a pair of nearby rocks.

"Let's end this!" Twilight announced, as a dark aura began to glow around her. "It's time to show just how strong we really are." She pointed at the ground. "Phantom Gate Card...OPEN!" The ground glowed, that light flowing towards the Bakugan and enshrouding them. "Power Lock!"

"Phantom Gate Card?" Bonnie asked, Heath gasping.

"It must be like that Phantom Ability Fluttershy used," he determined. He looked over at Spike and Terraspin, both beginning to flinch and moan in pain. "It's hurting them." They then turned to their Bakugan, but found they were perfectly fine. "Huh?" Bonnie looked at her BakuColar, seeing their Bakugan's scores.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 625Gs
Terraspin: 1080Gs
Spikenoid: 1075Gs

"Terraspin and Wukong are almost five hundred point apart!" She cried, as she took out a card. "I have to stop this. Ability, Activate!" The card glowed, "Wood Slammer!" Gaia could feel the power of the Ability flowing through her, but for some reason she didn't feel any stronger.

"Something's wrong," she announced. "Bonnie, what's my power level?" Bonnie checked and let out a gasp.

Gaia: 650Gs
Wukong: 625Gs
Terraspin: 1080Gs
Spikenoid: 1075Gs

"It didn't change?" She asked in horror, "what's going on?"

"Oh yeah!" Spike chuckled and shined an evil grin, then charged forward. "This is gonna be fun!" He leapt over the canyon and slashed at Wukong, the Pyrus Bakugan crying out as he was knocked backwards.

"Wukong!" Heath cried as Terraspin took to the air and shot towards Gaia, the teen taking out a card. "Ability, Activate!" The card glowed along with Terraspin and Wukong, "Co-Side!" But nothing happened. Heath looked down at his BakuColar and found, just like with Gaia, Wukong's power remained as it was. "What's happening." It was then he realised what was causing this, "The Phantom Gate Card."

"That's right," Twilight smiled. "Power Lock. With it, the G Power of every Bakugan on the field is locked and can't change, no matter how many Abilities you activate."

"For how long?" Bonnie asked, whilst Spike swung around and smashed his tail into Gaia.

"For the rest of the round," Twilight explained as Gaia fell to the ground. "This Gate Card will remain until only one team remains in the match. Only then, will it fade." Bonnie and Heath's eyes went wide, as they realised there was no way to help their Bakugan.

"Gyah!" Wukong cried as he was knocked to the ground by another tornado, with Terraspin flying towards him. "Heath!" He pushed himself up and crossed his arms, Terraspin slamming into him. "You gotta find a way to stop this!"

"I know!" Heath told him as Wukong was overpowered and knocked over, "but how am I supposed to change your G Power with this...WAIT!" Heath pulled out another Bakugan. "I can't increase your power, but I can add another Bakugan's power to it. Bakugan!" He threw it, "BRAWL!" The Bakugan hit the ground and rolled...then stopped. "What?"

"Bakugan!" Bonnie threw hers, "BRAWL!" Like Heath's, the Bakugan hit the ground and rolled for a while, then came to a stop. "What's happening?"

"Power Lock!" Twilight smiled. "It also prevents other Bakugan from being thrown into the battle." As Gaia picked herself up, Spike slammed into her again and knocked her back to the ground before jumping on her chest. "Face it!" She told them, "you can't win!" Spike slashed at Gaia and every time she tried to defend herself, she would just be knocked down once again.

"Stop it!" Bonnie cried, Wukong pushing himself to his feet and trying to charge to Gaia's aid. But before he could, Terraspin smashed into him once again. "STOP IT!" Bonnie screamed, as Heath looked around. And as he did, he spotted something. A glow.

"A Surprise Card!" he rushed towards it, "it's might be our only hope." The light was coming from a nearby canyon, whilst Twilight frowned.

"I don't know if the Surprise Card can override the Phantom Gate Card's effects."

"Leave it to me!" Rainbow cried as she leapt off the rock and started running towards the canyon. She and Heath reached it at about the same time, both leaping into it as Wukong leapt away from Terraspin and Gaia grabbed Spike by the tail and threw him off.

The two fell into the canyon and grabbed onto a bunch of vines that were growing out of the side. They spotted the Surprise Card a few feet down on a ledge and abseiled as fast as they could, though Rainbow was a lot faster. Seeing no other option, Heath released the vine and fell passed Rainbow.

"HEY!" She cried, as Heath fell further and further. Eventually, his top half slammed into the ledge.

"Augh!" He cried at the impact and almost fell off. But he managed to claw into the edge and keep himself up. He reached for the Surprise Card and groaned, trying to grab hold of it whilst Rainbow got closer. As she got in reach of the card, he threw himself forward and his fingers grasped it. "YES!" He cheered, only for his smile to fade when the card turned red. "No." He suddenly felt a blinding pain fly through him, making him cry out as his life gauge dropped.

Heath: 24%
Bonnie: 51%
Twilight: 50%
Rainbow: 76%

"OW! Heath tried to turn the tides with a Surprise Card, but it ended up taking away ten percent of his life points." Bonnie, hearing this, felt her heart break. As she did, Spike unleashed a burst of fire that overwhelmed Gaia as she tried to protect herself.

"AHHH!" She cried, whilst Terraspin shot forward. Wukong tried to punch him, but the tortoise spun out of the way before smashing into his chest.

"GYAH!" He and Gaia both fell back, the two beginning to glow. "Sorry Heath," he moaned as they both reverted back to ball form and fell to the ground. Bonnie's head slumped downwards, as both her and Heath's life gauges dropped.

Heath: 0%
Bonnie: 0%
Twilight: 50% (Winner)
Rainbow: 76% (Winner)

Those watching were completely silent, unable to believe what they had just seen. "It's over folks," the announcer exclaimed as Bonnie fell to her knees. "The Rainbooms, Twilight and Rainbow, are victorious in this here battle. They will be continuing as Heath and Bonnie are forced to return to their bunker."

"I can't believe it," Lyra whispered.

"That Gate Card is absolutely too powerful," Rarity stated. "How on earth is it legal." Nobody knew how to answer that, as they continued to watch the TV and see Heath and Rainbow pick themselves up whilst the Rainboom's Bakugan returned to them.

Flash frowned and got up, "Leo."

"Yeah." Leonidas leapt onto his shoulder and they turned to the exit, both ready to battle once again. They headed for the door and as they did, Derpy stood up.

"Be careful," she told him. Flash stopped and turned to her. "You saw what just happened. Twilight and Rainbow aren't going to play this for fun. They want to take you down and take Leonidas away. And you saw the power they were given to do that."

Flash nodded, "I know. But I can't run scared," he told her. "Twilight and Rainbow aren't themselves now and the only way to save them, is too beat them. If I have to fight them to get the real them back, then I'm willing to risk everything."

"So am I," Leonidas nodded. "I'm not going to run and hide whilst my friends are in danger. That would go against everything I've learned since coming here." He turned to Flash, "let's go." Flash nodded and he gave Derpy a smiled, holding up his fist. Derpy smiled and pounded it, the two smiling as Flash glanced at the others. they all smiled and nodded, knowing he would do whatever it took to bring them back.

With that, the pair headed out the bunker and into the battlefield. "Hold on girls," he told them as he marched through the forest. "I'm coming to save you."


Twilight watched as Bonnie picked Wukong up, right as Heath pulled himself up out of the canyon. Rainbow had already pulled herself out and the two joined up.

"Now there's only two," the rainbow haired girl smirked. But then she noticed Twilight's frown, "what?"

"We miscalculated," Twilight explained. "If we had been just a hundred or more points ahead of them, we would have taken their Bakugan from them."

"Well there's nothing we can do now," Rainbow told her. "You need to lighten up a bit." Twilight glared at her, "I'm out of here." She headed off towards the Ocean Field. "Later." Twilight watched her leave and turned back to her defeated opponents, then walked off.

"She's right. What matters now is focusing on the next battle. We still have the two strongest Bakugan to defeat and win." She glanced over at the retreating Rainbow and saw she was likely heading towards one of those Bakugan, whilst she would focus on the other one.


Soarin and Garuda both panted as their opponents stared them down, the girl smiling as her Manion flew forward. As she did, she held up three cards.

"Triple Ability, Activate!" The beast roared as the snake unleashed a burst of fire, "Amun-Re, plus Fire Pounce, plus Inferno Viper!" The snake's fire increased its power as it struck Garuda, making him cry out whilst Manion held up its paws as they burst into flames.

Garuda: 850Gs
Manion: 1050Gs

Manion slammed both paws into Garuda and pushed him towards the ground, the two slamming into an island as the bird cried out in pain. "Soarin!" He yelled, "do something!" Soarin nodded, knowing that if Garuda fell they would be out of the contest.

"Okay!" He pointed to the ground, "Gate Card, Open!" The ground glowed and unleashed a powerful wind, that knocked Manion off of Garuda and caused the flames to go out. "Ventus Saver!" Garuda's injuries vanished, as Manion's power dropped.

Garuda: 850Gs
Manion: 700Gs

"DO IT!" Soarin cried, Garuda letting out a loud bird squawk as he shot forward and slashed away at Manion with his claws. The sphinx roared as it reverted back to ball form, falling into the water as its partner's power dropped.

Soarin: 15% (Winner)
Autumn: 0%

Soarin sighed as Garuda flew towards him, the teen feeling exhausted from that battle. "That was way too close."

"Yes," Garuda nodded. "But we won."

"Not fast enough to save our friends though," Soarin looked at his BakuColar and saw only he and Flash were left. "No more time to waste!" He rushed towards the Canyon Field, hoping that at least one of the Rainbooms was there. The Bakugan Battle Tournament was almost in it final stage. Soon the winner would be revealed.

Would it be the Rainbooms...or the BakuFighters? Only time will tell.

Author's Note:

Now it's all evened up. How will the remaining battles of the tournament turn out? Only time will tell.

PreviousChapters Next