• Published 23rd Dec 2020
  • 1,000 Views, 103 Comments

Equestria Girls: Disney Odyssey: Pinocchio - Mister V



Our heroes meet a little wooden puttet

  • ...
3
 103
 1,000

Stromboli's Show/"I Got No Strings"

Our heroes had searched for their friends when they saw a large crowd gathering around a wagon owned by the same man on the poster from the last chapter.

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash said. "I saw that guy in some posters on the way here."

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Stromboli said. "to conclude the performance of this great show, Stromboli, the master showman, that’s a-me, and by special permission of the management, that’s a-me too, is presenting to you something you will absolutely refuse to believe!" Trinity uses her magic to grow the group to human size to join the crowds while Antonio joins Jiminy Cricket ontop of a lamp post as he is swatting away some moths.

"Well, looks like a sellout." He said as he looked at the crowd.

"Hey, if he can pull this off, then Pinoke will become rich and famous!" Pinkie said in excitment.

"But Pinkie, don't you remember the story?" Sunset asked in concern. "The puppet master will lock him up in a cage and sneak him out of town after the show."

"Oh yeah." Pinkie said in a bit of embarressement. "I almost forgot about that."

"Introducing the only marionette-a can a-sing and a-dance absolutely without the aids of a-strings!" Stromboli said before he started talking to himself. "I hope-a so. The one… and only…Pinocchio!" There as an uproar of applause.

"Hmmph!" Jiminy Cricket said in disgust. "What a buildup."

"Guess all we can do is watch the show." Antonio said.

(Play this to 0:14, then pause.)

A little blue conductor with big ears strikes up the band, which cues the curtains to open an a spotlights focus on Pinocchio on the top of a staircase, with Sam and Chip standing at the bottom of the staircase.

"I've got no strings to hold me dow-" But as he began to sing, he fell by the steps and got his nose stuck on a hole through the floor, causing everybody to laugh.

"Go ahead…" Jiminy Cricket said angrily. "Make a fool of yourself! Then maybe you’ll listen to your conscience." Stromboli was just as mad as Jiminy, maybe more, for he started angrily yelling at Pinoke in Italian gibberish before coming to his senses.

"Cute kid." He said as he fixed Pinoke up a bit. "Heh-heh-heh."

The little blue conductor started up the band again from the beginning as the spotlight again focused on Pinocchio, who began to sing of how he has no strings to hold him down, make him fret or make him frown. Everyone watched as Pinocchio continued to sing and dance, Jiminy in disgust, Antonio and the girls in concern, and everyone else in awe at such a performance. The crowd started cheer in amazement at the life puppet with no strings. Stromboli started to laugh in joy over how well this is going.

"What I told you, huh?" He asked before laughing, as the misguided wooden boy continued to sing and dance.

(Pause at 0:42)

"Well, the crowd seems to like him." Twilight said.

"I'm not so sure about those two." Hello Kitty said, pointing at a couple of old guys in the corner.

"More! More!" One of them said in sarcasm.

"Uh, wait!" The other said. "Look, there is more."

(Resume video)

"Oh, good grief!" The first one said in regret. "They heard me!" The show then presents a dutch girl singing of her affection for Pinocchio, and amazement over how he has no strings. When she was done singing, 4 more dutch puppet girls started dancing to dutch music, 2 of which sandwiched Pinoke twice before going up and causing the scenery to change to a french background as a french girl sang of her affections for Pinoke.

"Hey, does anyone know where Sam and Chip are?" My Melody asked as french puppet girls started dancing the Cann Cann. Of course, they were to find out soon, for during this, one of Stromboli's men dressed Sam and Chip up in russian clothing.

"Now listen boys." He said. "This makeup will make you look like puppets, and the invisible wires will give off the illusion that you are attached to strings. How does it feel?"

"It kinda feels like someone's stringing me along." Sam said before he and Chip started laughing.

"Very funny." The assistant said, unamused. "I just hope your dancing is better than your jokes." And as the scene chamed to a russian background with a russian girl sang of her affections for Pinoke, he put fake beards and eyebrows on them. "There! Now you look like true russian cossacks."

"When do we go on?" Chip asked in excitment.

"Now!" The assistant answered as he pushed them out there. "And remember to do what the puppets are doing." The two of them then danced out there along with 4 russian cossack puppets dancing the Hopak. Pinocchio tries to imitate the dance, but his foot hit his hindquarters making a funny knocking sound. He then had an idea of doing the dance again while hitting his hindquarters and started having fun. He then noticed Sam, Chip, and the puppets spin wildly. Pinocchio spins his body around while keeping his head in place, but was unaware that he was spinning right into them.

Hey!” Pinocchio shouted as he bumped against the puppets, penguin and seal and was suddenly trapped, but not before finishing the song. And as the russian puppets left, the boy puppet, penguin and seal fell to the floor. One of the russian hats fell on Pinocchio's head as his nose got stuck on the same hole on the floor, so that when it broke, it looked as if he got a beard as people started throwing coins onto the stage.

"Huh?" Jiminy Cricket said in amazement. "They like him. He’s a success. Gosh! Maybe I was wrong." Stromboli bowed to the crowds, thanking them. But during all of this, the girls new that they had to stay and see how things go. Antonio decided to join them, but Sunset notice Jiminy walking off.

"Where's Jiminy going?" She asked Antonio.

"He said he needed some time to think." He answered. But Jiminy was doing more then just thinking as he began to leave the crowds of people that were cheering.

"Well, guess he won’t need me anymore." He said in a bit of sadness, before it turned to jealosy. "What does an actor want with a conscience anyway." But he was soon to regret his choice, as you will soon see.