• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,862 Views, 8 Comments

The Guitarist - Kiniro



An unexpected return of a great devil, brings the fate of two worlds on the course of anniliation

  • ...
5
 8
 1,862

Chapter 7: Leaving the Farm

The Guitarist

Chapter 7: Leaving the Farm.

The hours had gone by, but I was unable to sleep, so I mediated instead, trying to clear my mind of the horrible evils that was destroying my home. I had to stay focused and not let my worry consume me. I knew I was going to get back, but was I going to be in time to save my home? "Kiniro get a hold of yourself, you will get back home." I said to myself trying to build my confidence up. Look at me, I'm a former hero and great warrior from my world, and here I am stuck, unable to do anything. Damn it I was pathetic. I began to shed a tear for what I felt was a lost cause.

"Ugh fine! This isn't helping me!" I screamed, and I stopped trying to meditate. I felt myself getting back up to my normal self, I was finally well fed, but man I was sure getting tired of the taste of apples, can't say when I get back home, I'll have much of a sweet tooth left. Still frustrated I kicked up the pile of hay I was laying in earlier. "BAH!" After my short outburst I began to calm down, realizing that no matter what I did I had to wait this out.

"Are you alright in here darling?" I heard Applejack call out to me. I quickly turned to see where her voice had originated from, and I saw her entering the barn door with a blue flying pony in tow.

Wait... a blue flying pony? Ok now I know I'm losing it. Quickly the blue pony flew over to me and stared me down. "Hmm" the blue pony said scratching its chin with its hoof. Well... I guess the gestures here are the same in my world. I guess she's puzzled by me.

"Rainbow Dash, give the man some breathing room!" Applejack commented.

"Yeah yeah, whatever, just never seen one of these... things before." The blue pony poked me with her hoof. "Looks weird."

"Rainbow, I called you over here to help me out, not try to solve one of life's mysteries tonight, we need to get Kiniro here to Twi's place across town. Besides, let her do the mystery solving, you just need to fly on up ahead and make sure no pony is in our way as we get over to the Library."

Still reeling from the shock of me seeing a flying pony, I wasn't sure if I was still alive, was this the great Valhalla I had heard about? Man... what were our priests going on about.

"Nope this is just Equestria!" I suddenly heard behind me. I turned around to see Pinkie hanging from one of the rafters in the barn. "Wah!" She fell off into a pile of hay. "Woo! That was fun!" She quickly shook herself off "By the way Mr. Fancy Pants, I got all the party fixings at Twilight's place! She says after we figure out whats going on with you, we get to throw an awesome party! See we got streamers, pop guns, punch! Oh definitely we will have punch and cake! Oh and can't forget this!" Out of thin air the pink pony pulled a cannon out from behind her.

"Oh shit!" I ducked for cover when I first saw the cannon.

Pinkie pulled rip cord of the cannon. I feared my life was over, and closed my eyes. Suddenly I heard a loud pop. But I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes to see confetti and streamers flying all over the place. "Silly this is my party cannon! I use it alot, think of it as a giant pop gun! But with more flaaaaaaiiiiirrrr." Pinkie Pie gestured while waving her front hooves in front of me.

"Wait a second, Pinkie how did you know what I was thinking?" I asked.

"Easy, I looked a the writer's tablet as he wrote it out, He seems like a nice guy, but he really needs to shower, he's been working on this story FOREVER." Pinkie explained.

"Is she doing that thing again Applejack?" I asked.

"Yep, she does it often, we best ignore it sometimes." Applejack responded. She then walked over to Pinkie and put her hoof on Pinkie. "But you know we all love you sugarcube."

"Its because I'm as sweet as cupcakes!" Pinkie responded.

"So tell me again, why do I have to help out this weirdo?" Asked the blue pony.

"Because Rainbow, we have to help out our new friend get home." Applejack explained.

"Still don't see why I should help this creeper." The blue pony stated.

"Well you're no looker yourself Rainbow Dash. In fact those wings make you look kinda weird!" I stated after finally getting the composure say something after the party cannon scare.

"Hey who are you calling weird and how dare you insult my wings! These are 'Grade A' flyer's wings! I bet I could beat you in a race and then I'd show you!" Rainbow Dash stated.

"Oh sure, race someone who can't fly and has to run, that sure seems fair." I retorted back.

"He's got you there Rainbow, we tried this once remember, didn't work out for either of us." Applejack explained.

"Yeah well, I bet I'd still win anyway." Rainbow Dash claimed as she put a hoof on her chest.

"Rainbow you need to calm down, and Kiniro you need to cool it also." Applejack said frustratingly.

"Fine" Both me and Rainbow Dash said in unison.

"Hey Rainbow, maybe you need to.... Chill, Out!" I said with a slight mocking voice trying to form a joke.

The ice formed around Rainbow Dash and she froze in mid flight and fell toward the ground. Where the ice shattered as it fell.

"Ooohhh its that trick again!" Pinkie burst out.

"What just happened!? How did, you, wait, how, you, what?" The flying pony said in a daze.

"Kiniro!" Applejack yelled.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." I snickered.

"While we all like to put Rainbow in her place sometimes, while it was funny, it was a bit uncalled for." Applejack claimed.

"Ha, ha Dashie got served!" Pinkie Pie stated with childlike taunt.

Rainbow dash slow recomposed herself and began flying again, and she immediately got in my face. "Grr." She stated, and she stared me down, and I responded back with a similar stare, neither of us budging at all. So I did the first thing that came to mind.

"BOO!" I yelled, and she knocked back from the surprise. "Gotcha." Rainbow had fallen back down on the ground.

"You're alright Kiniro, glad to see you know how to pull a few pranks. Not as cool as me though." Rainbow tried to brush of her getting startled. "You're alright, well at least now I know something I can challenge you on!"

"Oh I love prank wars, but I'll let you have that one, I don't like them sometimes just because they usually get out of hand." I explained.

"So you give up?! I win?! YES! I'm better than you are! Bwa, ha ha." Rainbow shouted out with excitement.

"Hey uh... RD? I know you like winning and all, but uh, mind if we, uh you know, vamanos?" Applejack questioned while signaling with her hoof.

"Oh right, I'll check up out ahead, and meet you at the Twilight's place! I'll come back and warn you if I see anything!" Rainbow stated and in a quick flash, she flew off leaving a slight residual trail of what appeared to be a rainbow behind her.

"Huh... interesting." I said aloud.

"Yeah, she's the competitive type, so don't mind her, outside of that she's a real trooper and she'll have your back on anything." Applejack claimed.

I just nodded in agreement. "Shall we get going you two?" As I addressed Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

"Lets!" Applejack responded.

"Oh I just can't wait to get to Twilight's house! I hope you like all the decorations I prepared, and the cake and the sweets and the punch and the..." Applejack put a hoof Pinkie's mouth again.

"Sugarcube, you don't want to ruin the surprise do you?" Applejack stated.

"It was supposed to be a surprise? No one told me it was supposed to be a surprise! Oh Fiddlesticks! Mr. Fancy Pants, think you can forget everything I said?" Pinkie questioned.

"Say what now?" I responded with a fake answer.

"I said do you think you could forget... Oh I see what you did!" Pinkie Pie just gave me a smile back.

"And Pinkie can you call me Kiniro?" I asked.

"Sure can do Kini!" Pinkie responded.

Well... I guess it was better than Mr. Fancy Pants. So far I've seem to be taken in by a majority of these ponies, and I keep getting surprised at every turn. Hopefully the surprises stay peaceful and nice. Don't need anything else outside of that. "So off to the library!"

"Hurray!" Pinkie shouted.

"Shouldn't take to long I'll lead the way!" Applejack said as she proceeded out of the barn with Pinkie in tow bouncing out.

I dusted myself off and picked up my guitar from the ground. As soon as I touched my guitar it turned light blue on its own and I felt a sudden rush come back to me and I felt invigorated. "Looks like I'm back up to strength, I think" I said to myself. As I had paused I noticed that the two ponies had already left and that I was now alone. "HEY!" I yelled. "Wait up!"

End of Chapter 7