• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,862 Views, 8 Comments

The Guitarist - Kiniro



An unexpected return of a great devil, brings the fate of two worlds on the course of anniliation

  • ...
5
 8
 1,862

Chapter 9: A Song at Midnight

The Guitarist

Chapter 9: A Song at Midnight.

It had been a while since Twilight had gone to bed. I found myself sitting on the couch pondering my future. Even if I did slay Satan Morroc, would I want to go back home? Most of my friends were gone, either dead or brainwashed from the new Queen, I was a side walk performer for fuck's sake. Not to mention that the Xellie had back stabbed me before, what would stop her from doing it again. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice... well I'm a moron. Why should a person who saved Midgard be degraded to this, not to mention if I do succeed, should a person who saves the world be degraded like this?

I wondered if I did slay Satan Morroc, would I be able to rally enough support for myself to depose of the Queen. Or would it be another lost cause just like before. I'm just unsure if I want to go back, but would I be allowed to stay here? I bet my luck I wouldn't be allowed to stay.

I tried not to think of such things any longer, so I tried to occupy my time looking for books in the library to read. But nothing seemed to interest me, mostly books on history, magic spells, a series of books called "Daring Do" and one interesting find "Everything you wanted to know about slumber parties but were too afraid to ask." I desperately tried to find a book at least on music about Equestria, but nothing. I sighed heavily.

"Man there's nothing here for me..." As I began to look around the library further I noticed there was a second stair case leading to what looked like a door to the outside. "Maybe its a balcony?" I thought to myself. Maybe I could sit back and enjoy the night sky. So I followed my impulse and treaded the stairs lightly trying to not make them creak with my guitar slung over my shoulder. As I reached the top of the staircase I came close to losing my balance but I quickly recovered. I slowly tip toed over to the door and looked through the glass to see if my impulse was correct. "Huzzah!" I whispered to myself. There was a balcony and I slowly opened the door and let myself out.

The wind was slightly blowing like the gentle breezes I remember from my travels from the mountains near Juno. I took a deep breath to really get a feel for the fresh air. "Refreshing." I said to myself. I proceeded to sit down on the balcony and look around to the surrounding buildings. Very quiet and peaceful, the sight was so beautiful to me as I had not seen something like this since I was younger, since I spent a lot of my teenage to years traveling and most of my years after that fighting stupid wars. I then proceeded to look up at the stars and moon above.

"Now that's a sight that never gets old, the night sky." I said to myself. I had grabbed my guitar and slowly began to play a melody. "I dedicate this to peace in Equestria, and hopefully to peace in Midgard." The night sky always reminded me that there could always be peace, compared to the chaos of the day hours.

I let myself slowly drift away into the music I was playing, my guitar glowing lightly and I began to sing. "Pronterra I wish peace to you, Times I just wish you knew. From all those who really fought, from all the lessons I was taught. And for all of this we sing, we miss you our King. How I wish that I could return, but then the fires would burn. All that would achieve, is just but another reprieve, But now I know, that I can not go. I can not return to you, how much I wish you knew. I wish it was courage I only lack, but I know for sure I can not go back." I stopped playing my guitar, and I felt a tear run down my cheek. I knew for sure, I couldn't return, the people of Midgard needed their peace. I have no home if I go back.

"That's a very beautiful but sad song Kiniro." I heard someone call out to me. I had turned around to see Twilight in the doorway. "Is everything ok?"

"No, its not ok. Twilight." I responded trying to keep myself from crying.

Twilight came over and sat down right next to me. "Want to tell me whats on your mind?"

"Even if I defeat Satan Morroc I can't go back to my home, I would unintentionally cause trouble."

"Satan Morroc is that great evil that AJ was telling me about right?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, he's probably the reason why I'm here."

"And I'm sorry to here that you feel you can't go home."

"Its not that I feel, I know I can't go back. Its all apart of my past I told you about."

"I remember Kiniro." Twilight stated.

I sighed heavily, "But the worst part is, I'm starting to like it here, but I have a feeling I won't be able to stay."

Twilight's expression had changed, she no longer had the supportive smile during our conversation. She now had a disappointed look. "Well maybe I could ask Princess Celestia if its possible in the event that you succeed."

"I'd like that, I sure can't go back home, and I really like it here. I really like having friends again. Hey Twilight?"

"Yes Kiniro?"

"You can just call me Kini for short if you want."

"Only if you call me Twi." Twilight said a slight blush on her face.

"I'm glad I have a friend like you Twi, I wish I would have known someone like you back in Midgard."

"Well I wish I could have met someone like you sooner, its nice to have someone to check out every once...." Twilight stopped mid sentence. "Nevermind that!"

"What Twi? Whats wrong?"

"I can't be."

"Twi, I know what your hinting at. I can tell from your voice, I can pretty much read you like a book."

"Ok! Gaaah!" Twilight threw her head back in shame. "I kinda like you Kini, I don't know why I do, but I just find you fascinating! Maybe its the way you use magic or your personality! Or both I don't know!"

"Twi, I get what you mean, I feel close to you too, I've never felt compassion like what you showed me before."

"Kini, look I know we can never be. You're a human, and I'm a pony. But I just..."

"Twi I understand, there is no need to say more, I'm just as aware. Look this is awkward as is, but I want you to know that considering the circumstances, I hold you to be one of my closest friends and that's all we can be considering. But do know I care for you as one."

"I know... why is that, that the one I decided to get close to can never be. If only you were a pony then this would be much less weird. But yes... I agree."

"Twi, I just want you to know that I consider you as my close friend for doing all this" I stated.

"I do too Kini, I do too" Twilight then nuzzled up against me sitting down, and I proceeded to put my arm around her holding her tight. "I just hope that you can find whats best for you Kini."

"I hope the best for you Twi. Now head off to bed, we have a busy day tomorrow."

I let her head back inside first, just so I could get a moment to myself outside one last time to see the beautiful night sky. Considering what happened, I knew it was weird, and I knew it couldn't be, but talk about wishing she could be human or I could be a pony right about now. But friends we had to stay, and I was happy to at least have that, I couldn't have asked for more.

End of Chapter 9.