• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,862 Views, 8 Comments

The Guitarist - Kiniro



An unexpected return of a great devil, brings the fate of two worlds on the course of anniliation

  • ...
5
 8
 1,862

Chapter 19: An Old Rivalry

The Guitarist

Chapter 19: An Old Rivalry

As I looked over to the direction of the mysterious voice. I couldn't believe what I saw. There was no possible way. I quickly slung my guitar from shoulder to my arms. "How the hell did you get here?!" I yelled.

"Isn't it obvious you bafoon? The same way you did!" The mysterious voice called out. "Now if you don't mind I have a portal to take back home."

"The hell you will! You have caused me so much pain and grief!" I shouted.

"Well well well, you still have that spunk from when I first met you." The voice insulted.

"Young Kiniro who is that?" Celestia asked.

"Thats Queen Xellie... I don't know how she's here, but she is!" I responded.

"Why yes yes, I am here." Xellie said with a mocking tone.

"Celestia did you know that she was here?!" I shouted.

"Yes young Kiniro... but we did not know that she was this Queen you referenced. Luna did pull another human from the void when she rescued you."

Xellie yawned. "While I thank you for sparing my life, I have a kingdom to get back to."

"Over my dead body you will." I responded.

"That can easily be arranged! You know how long I've waited for this day?" Xellie said back, quickly she hit her pressure plate triggering her Katar Daggers to pop out from her armor covering her arms and she quickly grabbed them and quickly went into a fighting stance.

"You know how long I've dreamed for this opportunity?! Ever since you betrayed me and all the others you said were trying to depose you from power! You know that was lie and you know that we were all very loyal!" I shouted.

"Liar! I found what plans you were plotting!"

"There were no plans! You just used that as an excuse because you realized that the others and I were a threat to your power!"

"Well I guess someone finally figured it out then... sometimes I just believe the things I've said, but no matter. Its time to end this!"

"Lightning!" I yelled into the portal" If you can hear this! The Queen won't be returning to you! You are the last in the line of succession! Hail the new king!" I said with a smile.

"You son of a bitch!" Xellie rushed at me with her daggers and I quickly blocked her attack with my guitar.

"Kiniro is that you! Are you alright?" I heard Lightning call out through the portal.

"Ugh. I'm fine! Promise me that you will take good care of the Kingdom." I said while still trying to block the attack with the portal directly behind me.

"Quickly Kiniro you must go soon! The portal is closing! We might not be able to open it again!" Luna shouted.

"No! I will not let this tyrannical leader return to Midgard!" I shouted. "And I am willing to make that sacrifice for my world!"

"Well if you are so hell bent on trying to die to keep me here I'd be more than happy to fill your wish!" Xellie shouted. The stalemate had broken and she had retreated slightly so that she could rush me again.

"Bring it you bitch!" I rushed her with my guitar in swinging position. Every attack she tried to land on me I blocked with my guitar causing another stalemate. "I that the best you have?!" I shouted.

"Princess Celestia! Do something!" Twilight shouted.

"Both of you stop it at once!" Celestia yelled.

"Princess Celestia! I respect your authority as the ruler of Equestria! But I plea with you if this does not get settled my land could fall back into despair!" I pleaded as I held my position in the stalemate.

"Very well Kiniro, but you are running out of time!" Celestia reminded me. But with that final reminder it was to late. The portal began to close.

"My home!" I yelled.

"My Kingdom!" Xellie yelled and with those words the portal closed completely. "You pretentious prick! You let the portal close! Now we can never go home!"

"That's the plan!" I smiled.

"I will kill you!" Xellie slid back to try to rush me again.

"Not today you back stabber!" I quickly played the song "The Rift" with its relaxed tone, I felt the surge of adrenaline rush through me as the song began to play and time began to slow down around me as my reflexes heightened. I quickly turned my guitar and grabbed hold of the firing lever of my guitar. To suddenly return to time as normal. "Checkmate Queen!" With those final words I fired the arrow that I had originally saved for Xellie during our encounter in Morroc Fields. I saw the arrow exit the chamber of my guitar and released from the head of the guitar and soared in flight.

"Nooo!" Xellie tried to quickly shift position but he great speed which had made her the victor during the Wars of Emperium were not quick enough this time. She had turned only have the arrow pierce her leg and she collapsed to the floor. "You bastard! Fuck you!"

"Not so fast are you with out your legs?" I joked."I could finish you off right here and right now."

"Why don't you! Do what you've always wanted! Finish me off!" Xellie yelled at me.

"Because I'm not you... Celestia... banish her to the moon." I stated.

"With pleasure young Kiniro!" Celestia covered Xellie in her magic.

"No no no no no no no! I'll get you Kiniro! I swear to god I will find a way back and get you! That's a promise!" With those final words she disappeared.

"Finally... its over... my land may have peace..." I dropped my guitar to the ground feeling extremely weak and I followed suit.

"Kini!" Twilight rushed over to me. "Please be ok Kini! Celestia do something!"

"With the folds of our two worlds closing he may not be able to survive here." Luna commented.

"No please Kini! Don't go! Please don't go! I love you!" Twilight shouted.

"I love you too Twilight... I love you too..." I said with my breath becoming weaker and weaker...

"Kini!" Twilight shouted.

Everything began to grow dark, just like when I had got caught in the void. This was it. "Valhalla... I'm coming home..." I muttered. I felt the life and energy being sucked out of me, I would not be in this world for much longer. I could feel someone embracing me and I felt what I thought were tears falling on to my neck. I believed it was Twilight and was mourning my last moments.

I was sure that this was the end for me. Twilight I'm sorry I couldn't stay, the last few moments I had left, I remember hearing the strumming of the song of Ragnarok on my guitar, but who had been playing it... I must have been delusional in my last moments. Memories of my times in the wars, while running from Xellie, to my times in Equestria and finding the love of my life here, and her name was Twilight, but again I heard the song in my head in my last moments.

With that I felt a sudden burst of energy flow through me. What was going on? What was happening to me? I felt the energy flowing through me, with a sudden jolt the darkness that was over taking me stopped and the light returned to me. I remember my eye sight returning to me and I remember being on the ground. I surveyed my surroundings, I was still in the throne room and as I continually looked around, my hearing returned. Only to hear sudden gasps and what sounded like various shocked responses.

I looked up at the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses, directly above me to see shocked responses on their faces as well. "I'm ok... I'll be ok... I'm here Twilight..." After those last words everything went black again, but I still felt my thoughts racing in my head. Especially with the thought of "I'm alive..."

End of Chapter 19.