• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,862 Views, 8 Comments

The Guitarist - Kiniro



An unexpected return of a great devil, brings the fate of two worlds on the course of anniliation

  • ...
5
 8
 1,862

Chapter 10: Waiting on Royalty

The Guitarist

Chapter 10: Waiting on Royalty.

I remember seeing Twilight head off to bed, I had followed suit inside and I returned to the couch that I was assigned to sleep in for the night. It was rather short, but it sure beat sleeping in piles of hay back at Applejack's barn. After I had been reassured of things to come, and now knowing that I had a close friend, I was able to rest easy and with a clear mind.

I remember dreaming of me beating Satan Morroc, and that somehow I was allowed to stay here in Equestria, I had to stay in the shadows from every pony here except the ones that I had met, but at least I felt like I was home. I remember having thoughts within my dream, about if I was to stay, could I become a pony. If I did succeed I'd have nothing left to go home to regardless, maybe I could start a new life here.

As intriguing as my dream was, my vision was shattered quickly with a loud slam of the entrance door. I had quickly jumped out of bed and reached for my guitar and hopped over the couch to establish a firing position. Only to see what appeared to be miniature dragon of some sort standing in the door way, he had been carrying an owl with him in his arms. We had both eyed each other with intrigue and suspicion, but I refused to lower my guitar.

"Uh... Twilight... who's your friend and why is he pointing a guitar at me?" The dragon inquired.

"You know Twilight?" I questioned without lowing my guard.

"Well, duh, I live here with her. I'm her number one assistant" The dragon responded.

"Who!" Screeched the owl.

"Me I am! You know this Owilicious!" The dragon told the owl.

"Who?" The owl repeated.

"You know who I am Owilicious!" The dragon responded with a scowl.

"Spike! You're back!" I heard Twilight call from upstairs. I turned to see her come down the stairs and ran up to great the miniature dragon. "I'm so glad your back from the Vet's, how is Owilicious?" Twilight asked. Meanwhile I still held my position at the couch not aware what to expect.

"Annoyi... OW, what did you do that for." The dragon got smacked lightly by Twilight's Hoof.

"For getting Owilicious sick! You know you shouldn't try to feed him powdered rubies!" Twilight responded.

"Well he kept eyeing my Ice Cream and it had some of it powdered on, so I thought I'd be nice and let him try it." The dragon explained.

"Well stick to his Owl bird seed! He only eats that for a reason! Isn't that right my little Owilicious?!" Twilight squeezed Owilicious as she reclaimed him from the dragon's arms. "Who's my favorite Owl?"

"Who?" The owl asked.

"You are!" Twilight responded.

"Who? Who?" The owl asked again.

"You are! You are silly!" Twilight then let him go and he flew up to his perch in the library. "Oh! How rude of me! Kini! This baby dragon is Spike, Spike that would happen to be.... Kiniro... behind the couch. Lower your guitar he's not a threat!" I did as Twilight asked of me and I came out from behind the couch and I slung the guitar over my shoulder.

"So you're assistant is a dragon?" I asked.

"Yep, Spike is my number 1 assistant! I hatched him myself!" Twilight said a big smile. "He's my little baby dragon!"

"I am not a baby! I just... have a stunted growth." The dragon replied.

"Spike you haven't changed in over 4 years, you're still a little baby!"

"Ugh..." Spike said in disgust. "If anyone needs me I'm going to be taking a nap." Spike then head over to his bed on the opposite end of the library

"Hi... I'm Kiniro.... Nevermind." I said with disappoint.

"Oh don't mind him Kini, he's just tired and hasn't gotten his nap in yet, plus I think he's pretty upset at me for yelling at him about Owililcious, but he'll be fine later." Twilight explained. "Oh my gosh! We are sooo late, Celestia should be here at any moment! Quick get ouside!" Twilight quickly bolted outside and I followed right behind her. "Girls we are coming! I heard her call to someone.

To our surprise we only saw Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and two other ponies outside with then waiting. I wondered if the other two ponies were some of Twilight's friends that I had heard about last night, so I thought I'd do the polite thing and go introduce myself. I went to approach the yellow pony with the pink mane.

"Hi, I'm Kiniro, it's nice to meet you." I asked the yellow pony.

"I-I-I'm Fluttershy..." I heard the pony but her voice quickly lowered to a slight squeek.

"Its nice to meet you Fluttershy." I had commented, but she had seemed to curl up and tried to hide from me as if she was afraid. "Don't be afraid of me Fluttershy, I won't bite, here." I began to play a whimsical melody and she saw my guitar glow lightly. "Please don't be afraid yellow pony, Because I want you to know me, let me play this song, so don't get me wrong, let us do a small dance, and I hope you give me a chance." I had concluded.

"I'm Fluttershy, Mr. Kiniro, I'm one of Twilight's friends, and I hope, if you don't mind, but do you think you could play a song like that for some of the animals I take care of? I mean if you'd be up for it, I think they'd love to hear you play and sing, but you don't have to if you don't want to." Fluttershy asked.

"I'd be honored Fluttershy, but maybe a little later once this is all over." I smiled at her.

"Oh, that would be wonderful." She responded back.

I had followed to introduce myself to the last pony in the group, a white unicorn with a purple mane. "Why hello there. Would I be correct to assume that you are Rarity?"

"Why yes, of course darling. I'm Rarity, dress maker and fashionsita extraordinare. And I must say your attire is rather interesting, Mr." Rarity commented.

"Kiniro, call me Kiniro, Ms. Rarity."

"Interesting attire but proper etiquette, aren't you quite the catch." Rarity remarked. "But your attire is very interesting, what appears to be brown shoes, bague trousers with a white shirt, with a brown leather vest over your white shirt but what I most admire is your hair. A nice midnight blue color, while different from your attire, quite honestly stands out. Is that your natural hair color?" Rarity asked.

"Yes it is and as far a my clothes, its the attire of a traveling bard, where I'm from. I could wear the attire of a Minstrel as I am one, but the clothes are to frilly and the attire is to hot, I'd look like a court jester in them." I responded.

"Well if in your world the clothes make the pony, or whatever you are..."

"Human.

"Well if the clothes make the human in your world, I could understand why you'd choose this simpler attire compared to something much more heavy, but you must let me create you a new wardrobe while you stay here in Ponyville! Especially something to match your dazzling hair!"

"I'd appreciate that, thank you Ms Rarity."

"Not at all my dear, the pleasures all mine, I could use a model such as yourself to make a new line of clothing dedicated to humans, especially if we can find a way to get you back home! Maybe I could open up a boutique in your world to sell my new fashions!"

"That sounds like a sound plan if I can get back home and we can travel between the two." I commented.

"Its settled then! We are going to get you home!" Rarity commented.

"Alright every pony and Kiniro, I see Celestia's chariot in the distance! Everyone be ready... Wait... I can see Luna with her as well?"

I had felt my stomach sink based on that response. Wasn't Luna, Celestia's sister who she banished to the moon? Why was she coming? Not to mention what would I say to Celestia, would she believe the story I was about to tell her about how I think I got here. I didn't quite believe the story myself, and honestly I still felt like this had been all just a giant dream or that I was honestly dead and in Valhalla. But I had to make sense of everything because I'm unsure that the Princess would.

What would I say? "Hi Celestia? I'm not sure why I'm exactly I'm here in Equestria. But all I know is I was fighting a great evil in my world and when I failed to stop it, I arrived here?" That's everything I knew... wait. The song of Ragnarok, it has unintended consequences, what if...

End of Chapter 10.