• Published 30th Aug 2012
  • 1,871 Views, 8 Comments

The Guitarist - Kiniro



An unexpected return of a great devil, brings the fate of two worlds on the course of anniliation

  • ...
5
 8
 1,871

Chapter 3: A Strange Land

The Guitarist

Chapter 3: A Strange Land.

The darkness seemed to go on forever, infinite within itself, and infinite without itself. There was no sense of time here, everything was just, still, unchanging, and quiet. My thoughts were the first to return, however still alone in this giant void, I was able to think. I was sure that I was dead, clearly an afterlife for me was not an option, I was to remain here, punished for what bad deeds I had done throughout my life. Yet as the darkness seemed to embrace me tighter and tighter, I saw a glimmer of light, a small speck in this giant void. I tried to get to the speck of light, but it was never getting closer, so I stopped trying to chase after it, instead it came after me.

I gazed upon this trivial wonder, pondering what it might do, or why it was here. I stood very still, and the speck hovered around me, inspecting me, judging me and finally positioned itself in front of me. A voice seemed to manifest from this speck of light. "Musician" it called me. "You have suffered greatly during your life, and fought for what you believed was the greater good. Your time is not yet over, and you carry the burden of a great responsibility, a curse and blessing." Said the speck with a regal voice.

"Why? Am I not dead? Who are you?" I asked.

"Musician, you have been given a second chance, to finish what you started. To become the defender of the innocent which you were so long ago, and you are the last of your kind to be able to to channel magic through your music, and through your voice. "

"I didn't ask for this!" I yelled at the speck.

"No, you did not ask, but rarely does fate call upon us at the moment of our choosing. I wish you luck Musician." With those final words, the speck expanded infinitely and lit the darkness that was embracing me.

I began to regain consciousness, little by little, I began to hear what sounded like birds singing, and leaves rustling in the wind. I felt myself laying down on very soft grass, and I ran my fingers through it only to fell the moisture in the ground. Slowly I opened my eyes, the brightness of what appeared to be daylight, just pierced my vision, slowly I could make out a picture out of the giant blur of light. I seemed to see something moving in front of me. "Hello? Is anyone there?", only to be responded with what sounded to be a high pitched sound, as if coming from a very excited child. My vision returned completely to me, only to make out finally what seemed to be relatively small equine and it was... teal colored, and it even had a horn like a unicorn, and it was staring me right in the face.

"Uhh... hello?" I asked the equine in front of me. I felt so foolish trying to talk this equine looking creature, come now, I knew animals didn't talk.

I heard a sudden gasp come from the teal equine, then with a sudden burst of high pitched noise as if it was excited to see me! Then it started running around me as if it was excited at my being. I got a better glimpse at this teal equine it seemed to have a symbol near its hind quarters. I tried to make out this symbol as it kept running around me in circles. Looked like a musical instrument... "A harp!" I said aloud to myself.

Suddenly the teal equine stopped in its tracks and then opened its mouth as if was going to try to talk and took a heavy breathe in. "BY CELESTIA'S NON-EXISTENT BEARD, I FOUND A HUMAN! ME! LYRA BUCKING HEARTSTRINGS FOUND A HUMAN! They all called me 'crazy', but nooooo I have proof now! You human, stay here! Oh my I can't wait to find Bon Bon. BON BON. BON BON! GET OVER HERE QUUUUIIIIICCCCCKKK!" The teal equine ran off as if trying to find someone. I better not find out who that creature was trying to bring over.

I quickly looked at my surroundings, a small ring of charred grass surrounded me, but it was very thin. As I turned my head to see this ring completely, and I as slowly began to rotate my body, I heard a hollow thud. Quickly I turned my head to investigate! By the gods, my guitar! It... it was here? Where is here? It seems just like an open field, no different from what I'd find... well anywhere. But a teal colored equine, with a harp on its hind quarters? This place is extremely strange.

I slowly brought myself up from the ground using my guitar as a crutch to help lift me up. "Where was I?" I asked myself aloud as if I could get a better answer. But I was greeted by silence. Then I found myself thinking where am I going to go? I have no idea where I was. I had traveled the world in which Rune Midgard resided, and I always had a sense of direction there, even while in unexplored areas, I just felt hopelessly lost here. My sense of direction was non existent, but any place was better than here, god forbid that teal equine come back with something I can't handle.

But as I quickly surveyed my surroundings, I saw what appeared to be an orchard in the distance, I figured maybe I could hide out there for a while until I figure out where I'm at. Then a thought occured to me, "Maybe if I go there, I could find the owners of the orchard and maybe I could get some answers on where I really am." My stomach growled furiously, "And maybe get a something to eat."

End of Chapter 3