• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,460 Views, 124 Comments

Adventures of Mane 7 - Pony Uppercut



A new stallion is ordered to live in Ponyville to steal the Elements of Harmony. Can he do it?

  • ...
108
 124
 1,460

Mane 6, Meet Nemesis

The Adventures of Mane 7 mlp:fim
Season 1

Episode 5
Mane 6, meet Nemesis!

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy were now heading down the stone roads in Ponyville to Fluttershy's cottage. Fluttershy's house was located at the edge of the Everfree forest, so it took a bit of time to walk to Twilight's library and back.

“Okay, so,” Twilight continued “you found a injured alicorn in the middle of the Everfree forest.”

Fluttershy nodded happily.

“And you have been taking care of him for about a day now.”

Fluttershy continued to nod.

“Because of this, you ran low on ingredients, so you went grocery shopping and came to see me, correct?”

“Right!” Fluttershy answered nicely nodding.

Twilight was making sure what she heard back at the library was correct. It sounded to far fetched for something like this to happen. Not that she would ever doubt one of her best friends, especially Fluttershy. But it sounded to good to be true to actually know an alicorn that's not one of royalty. The bookworm unicorn was a bit excited that she'll be able to get to know a rare kind of breed.

“So whats he like?” Twilight asked while she helped carry Fluttershy's groceries.

“Oh, hes very nice.” Fluttershy told her smiling “Hes very kind and thankful to me.”

“Well im sure he would be, you did help him out after all.” Twilight said happily.

Just then Fluttershy remembered something she wanted to ask Twilight. “By the way Twilight, would you like to stay for dinner?” She invited.

“Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you.” Twilight told her a bit concerned

“Oh, its no trouble at all, in fact, I was going to make a lot because im not sure how much Nemesis will eat.” Fluttershy told her. Twilight was a bit taken back from hearing his name.

“Did you say his name was Nemesis?” Twilight asked making sure.

“Yea, why? Did I say something weird?” Fluttershy said a bit worried she said something funny.

“No, no, you spoke fine, its just, I just thought of something” Twilight assured her and then putting her hand under her muzzle trying to think.

“Oh, is everything alright?” The shy mare asked

“Yea everything is fine, I think I just might of left the water running, that's all” Twilight answered her with a smile. That was a blatant lie, but she didn't want trouble if it wasn't necessary. The name Nemesis bothered her. The word nemesis stands for rival or opponent, and since every pony's name is usually based on who they are or what they do, he might not be the nicest fellow. But heck, she might be thinking about this to much so she decides to drop the thought.

“Oh my, do you want to go back?” Fluttershy asked with a concerned look.

Twilight waved her hand “Oh don't worry, spike will notice when he gets home.” Twilight responded reassuringly.

Fluttershy and Twilight continued to have small talk until they finally got to the shy mare's cottage. As they walked the pathway toward Fluttershy's front door, Twilight noticed she was about to just open her door without any preparation.

Twilight raised an eyebrow “aren't you going to unlock your door first?” she asked.

Fluttershy also raised eyebrow at this question but smiled. “Why would I need to? I live pretty far from everybody.” Fluttershy responded.

Twilight then thought for a second. Well, her logic is sound, She thought. Not to mention no one would be caught dead stealing from the nicest mare around.

“Good point.” She said feeling a bit silly for asking that question. The shy pegasus then opened the door. If Fluttershy and Twilight already thought meeting a random wounded alicorn was weird, it was about to get a whole lot weirder. From the door way came the family room in Fluttershy's house. In that family room, three frozen ponies stared at the two new ponies entering the house. In fact, everything in the house completely froze. Now, lets be honest, being in your friends house and not doing anything bad isn't necessarily a bad thing. But you could bet it sure is awkward, which could could cause some unwanted confrontation. There was a long silence between them all until one of them built up the courage to break it.

“H-hi!” Rainbow Dash greeted with a nervous smile. The three ponies Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, and Rarity were just standing there in the family room also smiling nervously. Fluttershy, being oblivious and kind, enjoyed the fact that guests were in her house.

“Hi!” Fluttershy greeted back smiling brightly. There was another moment of silence again as the shy mare wondered why everyone looked so nervous. Everyone that is, except for Twilight who was giving a doubting glare at the guilty ponies.

Twilight then crossed her arms. “What are you guys doing in Fluttershy's house?”

Apple Jack began to rub the back of her neck. “Actually, its a long stor-” The country mare was cut off by the sound of yet another familiar voice.

“Heeeeellllllloooooooooooooooo!!!” The giddy voice greeted. Every pony quickly turned to look at where the voice was coming from. The voice came from the front door as a very pink pony stood there with a very wide grin. Her fur was, well, pink, her swirly hair was pink as well. She wore a open white belly-shirt over a pink tank-top. She also wore a white and pink skirt.

“Wow! I was going to invite everyone to a party,” She told in excitement “But it looks like there's already one happening here!!!”

“Pinkie Pie?” Twilight said confused

“The one and only! Oh wait, that's Dashy's line. That's my name! Yea, that works!” Pinkie Pie happily rambled. She then raised an eyebrow as she noticed everyone was staring at her. “Hey, whys everyone looking at me like that?! Is there something on my face? Oh! I hope its frosting!” As the pink pony made attempts to lick her own face the rest of the gang just continued to give her an even weirder stare. Fluttershy then remembered that she had guests at her house, and that she should treat them accordingly.

“My goodness, I'll go make some tea for everyone.” Fluttershy said happily. The shy pegasus then walked into the kitchen as the rest of the ponies continued to stare at the silly pink pony like a trance.

A few minutes passed by as they sat at one big table and drank tea together, talking about how they ended up in Fluttershy's little home.

“Im sorry about your roof” Rainbow Dash said disappointed in herself.

“And were also sorry about trespassing in your house without your permission.” Rarity added bowing her head.

“Oh, don't worry about it. Just as long as everyone's okay.” Fluttershy forgave with a smile.

“Yea about that,” Rainbow dash added giving a nervous smile “You might want to check on him. When I told you I got into a fight with him, I might have decked him once or twice.” She then gave a nervous laugh as everyone rolled their eyes as if they knew Rainbow did something like that.

“By the way Fluttershy, how long have ya been keepin him here?” Apple Jack asked changing the subject

“Yea,” Rainbow said adding something “and how long have you two been knockin' boots?” She asked in a seductive tone.

Now, Fluttershy is bit oblivious, but she wasn't that oblivious. Her face then turned bright red from that last question. “N-no, I-i just met him yesterday!” She stuttered, embarrassed. The shy and embarrassed pegasus stood up out of her chair. “i'll g-go check on N-Nemesis” Fluttershy then quickly walked out of the living room and upstairs.

“Hey,” Rainbow Dash spoke up “You didn't answer my question! You still could have gotten busy yesterday!” Right after saying that she got a good punch in the arm by Apple Jack trying to set her straight. Thankfully, Fluttershy was already too far to hear Rainbow's lewd accusations. Rainbow then gave a small yelp and rubbed her arm up and down as she tried to sooth her pain. “What? Somebody had to ask it!”

It was the late afternoon now as the sun was setting for the day. Nemesis's room was pretty dark now that less light was shining through her guest window. Fluttershy quietly walked into his room. Thankfully, he was sleeping on his back which would make it easier to check on his injuries. She started to peel blankets off of him carefully not trying wake him. She then started feel around his chest, until all of sudden she began to feel dirty. Her face became red as unwanted thoughts filled her mind. Im just trying to heal his wounds the shy mare told herself. She then moved her hand over his stomach, but once she did she froze. A hand grabbed her wrist and she was now staring down a fist right in front of her face. She yelped loudly but at the same time she did so softly.

From this yelp Nemesis then knew who it was and let go of Fluttershy's wrist and put down his fist.

“Fluttershy?” Nemesis asked “You can't sneak up on me like that!” He warned her. She then took a few steps backwards and stood there silently, afraid of him. Silence was in the air and because it was so dark, Nemesis couldn't tell if she was alright. The alicorn then sighed and put his hoofs down onto the floor as he sat on the edge of the bed. “Im sorry, are you alright?” he apologized feeling a bit guilty and annoyed.

“Y-yea I-im oka-” Fluttershy was cut off as the door slammed open. All the ponies from down stairs now looked like they were ready to beat someone up as they ran inside the guest room.

“Is everything alright Fluttershy? We heard you scream!” Twilight asked glaring heavily had Nemesis, as was everyone else.

“Y-yes im fine” Fluttershy told them a bit nervously “I just got a little startled”

“Remember when I said I would wring your neck dry if you touched Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked Nemesis as she was cracking her knuckles. “Yea, that rule still applies.”

Instead of the dark alicorn being intimidated, he was way more confused. He was wondering where all of these good looking ponies came from. But whether he liked it or not he had to keep a good impression to get them to trust him. That is his mission after all. So without further ado he began to speak, but right before he did, someone spoke for him.

“Wait!” Fluttershy halted the angry mares. “Don't hurt him, he just woke up with a fright which startled me.” She assured them. Twilight and the gang took them a second to believe her, but once they saw Fluttershy's consenting face, they knew she was telling the truth. The angry ponies began to calm down but they still had their doubts. And then all of a sudden a loud gasp was heard in the room and then became silent again. Pinkie pie vanished without a trace.

“There she goes again.” Rarity rolled her eyes smiling.

Now that everyone's attention was at Pinkie Pies, after a moment it shifted back to Nemesis. Twilight then studied him and what Fluttershy said was true, he was in fact a true alicorn.

“So” Twilight began “Are you royalty?” She asked him

“I don't mean to be rude but, shouldn't we introduce ourselves first?” The dark stallion asked her with a smile.

“Oh! Where are my manners, my name is Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends, Rarity,”

“Charmed!” Rarity said trying to get him to notice her.

“Rainbow Dash” Twilight continued.

“hmph” Rainbow huffed crossing her arms obviously still having doubts about him.

“Apple Jack”

“Howdy” She greeted tipping her hat.

“You’ve met Fluttershy already,” Twilight paused for a second to check if she was missing anyone. “Oh, and Pinkie Pie.” Twilight finished.

Nemesis raised an eyebrow “who?”

“Pinkie Pie! Shes the one that gasped and ran out for no reason.” Twilight happily answered

“Oh” Nemesis pretended to understand but he really didn't, but he thought this would be easier. After all he was already on thin ice. “Nice to meet you all! My name is Nemesis, and im sorry for causing so much trouble.” He said pretending to act all modest and sensitive.

“Aw forget about it, maybe we shouldn't of jumped to conclusions neither” Apple Jack comforted smiling.

“Um, Nemesis darling, how did get such awful wounds?” Rarity asked concerned. Once she said that, every pony in the room gave a curious stare at him for an answer. After all, he did have bandages almost all over his body.

“Well I think I got jumped” He told them giving a shameful expression. Everyone gave a gasp, except for Rainbow Dash of course.

“That's awful! What happened?” Fluttershy asked

“Um, well it all started when my little brother got really sick back at Manehatten. My mom and dad didn't have the money to treat him, so I set out to find some jobs. Unfortunately, no place was hiring in Manehatten, so I decided to go to Ponyville to try to make some money. And since I had little money, I decided to fly to Ponyville instead of pay for a train ride. After for flying for what it seemed like for hours, I decided to get some rest in the forest. And then that's when it happened, I don't have any money, I don't have any place to stay, and my little bro sick! I don't know what to do.” He finished trying to sound as depressing as possible. He then bowed his head trying to also looking super depressing. The room was silent. Crap they didn't buy it at all, Nemesis thought.

He finally looked and saw everyone at the verge of tears.

“That's so sad!” Rarity said wiping the tears out of her eyes

“I promise I'll do everythin in ma power to help ya!” Apple Jack comforted with tears in her eyes.

“I had no idea!” Twilight spoke in disbelief. Rainbow Dash didn't seem to care in the slightest with her arms still crossed. And at this point, Fluttershy was just whaling. Nemesis was successful. On the outside he looked massively depressed, but on the inside, he was grinning the widest grin he could ever make. Just as planned.


Thanks for reading! and let me know of any typos please!