• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 1,665 Views, 99 Comments

Changes In A Rainbow - My Rainbow Dash



Insults from friends are painful. But when Rainbow's parents tell her that they're moving back to their hometown, she realizes that her life will be changing for the better.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,665

Chapter 16: Memories and Dance

Rainbow Dash stood hesitantly in front of the dance studio her vice-principal told her about. She was slowly having second thoughts about doing this, but then recalled what had happened the night before.

~/\~

The ice queen's counterpart, her counterpart's friends, and her friends were sitting in the new ice room, spending time with one another while cracking jokes and telling stories. She remembered when they all decided to all play Truth or Dare and she was being called. The Surprise from her world had dared her to kiss her boyfriend in front of everyone. At first, she couldn't take it seriously due to her laughing so hard until she got a slap in the face from her yellow-haired friend. It took a minute to calm down her laughter, and when she was calm, well, calmer than before, she grabbed her boyfriend by the collar of his shirt and slammed her lips on his. What made it even funnier was that the kiss became something even more leading to them making out and the eleven remaining teens cracked up while the ponies had no words. Her counterpart and her boyfriend's counterpart had both gone red to the face and averted their eyes from looking at each other. When the two teens broke their kiss, they too broke out laughing with the rest of their friends. The ice queen looked over at her counterpart and smirked.

"Hey, baby bolt!" She called out. the members of the aerial 'Bolts looked at each other, confused. The ice queen kept her eyes locked on the polychromatic pegasus mare. Her counterpart locked eyes with her and her eyes widened. The mare's face flushed.

"Yes?" She asked. The ice queen's smirk grew. She turned to her boyfriend and whispered something into his ear. Soarin's eyes widened as his girlfriend removed her mouth from his ear. His look of shock grew to a smirk. He nodded and the polychromatic girl looked back at her counterpart.

"Truth, or dare?" The pegasus looked over at the spot the navy blue-haired boy once sat, but then saw that it was empty. She looked over to see him and his friends whispering to one another. The seven girls giggled. madly. The five boys chuckled. The polychromatic pegasus mare took a breath.

"I...choose dare." The teens all had to either hide back their giggles, squeals, or chuckles at what was going to happen next. The ice queen could barely keep it in. She snorted as she spoke.

"I *snort* dare you *snort* to kiss *snort*-" She couldn't finish her sentence as she covered her face with her hands. She took a breath and whisked a hand around and created a message on the floor. "I dare you to kiss your co-captain"

The mare's eyes widened in shock and horror. All the ponies gathered around her to see the message and either gasped, giggled, snorted, or chuckled. Dash bit her lip, not knowing what to do. she bit the inside of her right cheek. She felt something soft cover her back which caused her to turn in the direction it came from. She turned over to her left and saw the co-captain of the 'Bolts giving her a heart-melting smile, his wing draped over her back. She returned the warm smile with a slight tinge of pink on her cheeks and the two blocked out what was going in around them. Soarin wrapped his second wing around her back, pulling her closer to him as she rested her hooves on his shoulders. The stallion held her cheeks in his hooves as the two continued to smile warmingly. Their faces inched closer, and as they did, their eyes began to flutter shut. Then, it happened. The moment Rainbow's lips touched Soarin's, she felt as if she'd been taken to heaven. She wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close, afraid he was going to slip away. The two broke the kiss and sighed. The two pegasi pressed their foreheads and smiled at one another. Soarin playfully growled causing the small pegasus mare to giggle as he pulled her so she was sitting in his lap, her back to his chest as she rested her head on his chest while he rested his head upon hers. It was only then that they noticed that the room had gone quiet. They opened their eyes to see their counterparts smiling at them, sitting in the same position they were in. The ice queen cleared her throat.

"You're probably wondering why the room went quiet and why we're the only ones here?" The two pegasi nodded. "Well, I had the others leave the room to go to my room. Anyway, I wanted to ask, how did that feel?" The two pegasi gave her questioning looks. The navy blue-haired boy took over.

"She means, 'how did the kiss feel'?" The two pegasi looked at each other for a moment before smiling. The polychromatic pegasus mare blushed a little bit as she spoke.

"It was...nice? I suppose." The stallion sitting behind her nuzzled her ear with his muzzle which caused a shiver to run down her spine.

"I could say the same thing." He chuckled as he whispered into her ear." Rainbow's cheeks darkened. The two teens sitting in front of them smiled. The ice queen closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"I guess it just takes time for your feelings to show themselves which reminds me of the time I had to find the truth about my powers and where it was calling me to." The pegasus mare snorted.

"I'm assuming there's a song hidden in there?" The ice queen rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Yes. Yes, there is."

Idina Menzel, Evan Rachel Wood-Show Yourself (From “Frozen 2”/Lyric Video)

(Just listen to the song. I'm not going to put the lyrics in.)

Once she finished there was a large moment of silence and the ice queen cleared her throat.

"Sorry, that was a bit much," which caused her boyfriend and the two pegasi to laugh. She joined in on the laughter. "But, yeah. That's where I found where my magic was calling me and I found the truth about myself." The polychromatic pegasus put a hoof to her chin and looked away for a moment before looking back at the girl.

"But how did you leave your house without your parents noticing?" The girl's cheeks darkened.

"I, uhh, snuck out one night when the calls became too strong." The stallion in the room rolled his eyes.

"Well, that seems like the greatest thing to do, doesn't it?" The girl rolled her own eyes, knowing that he had a point.

"Well, mister smartypants, what would you have done if it was calling you?" The stallion remained silent, realizing that she had a point. "I rest my case." The mare and navy blue-haired boy chuckled in amusement. The navy blue-maned stallion shook his head but smiled.

~/\~

After recalling the memory, the rainbow-haired girl opened the unlocked door. Once she entered the large dance studio, she saw a woman dancing in the middle of the wooden floor. She turned around from her dancing to look at the newcomer. She smiled at her.

"You must be Rainbow Dash, am I right?" Rainbow nodded her head.

"Yeah, that's me." The woman nodded her head.

"Wonderful. You may set your things down against the back wall and we can do some introductions." Rainbow nodded her head once again and set her things down against the back wall. After taking her shoes off, she walked to the center of the wooden dance floor where the young woman was sitting. She sat down with her.

"Since I already know who you are, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Morning Mist and I'm a friend of Firefly, who's your Vice-Principal." Rainbow nodded. "When Firefly told me about your dancing skills, I was surprised and wowed. There aren't a lot of people who can stand and dance on point. The majority of people who can are ballet dancers but it's a talent not all people have. So tell me, how did you get into dancing?" Rainbow put a hand on her chin, trying to rewind when she started dancing.

"Well, one of the most recent dance pieces I've done, besides the one that I did at my school was with a group of girls when we were doing a fundraiser which involved us creating a dance video. At first, on the first try we didn't turn out too well, but then we got some help and made our dance moves nicer. Then, I found that I had a talent for breakdancing because of my flexibility. After that, I decided to try other types of dance styles that are now built into my body, allowing me to choreograph my dances. Now I want to continue doing that because it's fun. I also made a new dance with six of my friends which turned out enjoyable." Mist put a fist to her chin and smiled.

"That's a fascinating story you have and I believe that it's always nice to create new work. Since you're describing choreographing excitingly, you must enjoy it." Rainbow nodded her head.

"Yeah, I do like it. It's a workout, but it's the kind of workout that you get to create." Mist nodded again.

"Wonderful. Now, shall we get started?" This time, Rainbow nodded. "Now, knowing that you've done a group dance before, I'm going to teach you one that will put your flexibility to the test." The rainbow-haired girl nodded her head. She was always up for a challenge. "Oh, and before you do, I recommend putting your shoes back on. They help." Dash nodded and slipped back into her shoes.

DJ Snake - Taki Taki ft. Selena Gomez, Cardi B, Ozuna - Dance Choreography by Jojo Gomez Ft. Nat Bat

It took the teen about an hour and a half for her to master the small dance. This was the kind of movement she liked. To expand her movements instead of keeping her arms and legs close to her body. She also liked the speed of the dance and how it matched the music. Since she was an athlete she loved speed. She also liked how she could add her touch to the piece she was taught. To make it even better, she went all out on the dance to show that she was really into the dance and the music. Morning Mist was impressed.

"I take it you liked it?" Rainbow nodded her head.

"Yeah, I have to admit. That was pretty fun. Puts up challenges and I love them. I'm sure my friends would too." Morning Mist smiled.

"You have lots of talent, more talent than I'm seen in any other teenager I've taught. Shall we try something different?" Rainbow smiled excitedly.

Another dance to learn? She was soo in.

"I'm in." Mist smiled wide

JASON DERULO feat. FRENCH MONTANA - "TIP TOE", Choreography by @nikakljun

Dash gasped for air. Another hour and a half had passed and she was exhausted but happy. She couldn't believe she was nervous at first when she just had one of the best experiences of her life. She walked over to where she'd left her bag and grabbed her water bottle. After gulping down about half of her bottle, she walked back over to Mist who'd also gotten a drink of water. She smiled at the teen.

"So," she spoke slyly with a smirk on her face, "do you have songs you've already written that could become a dance piece?" The rainbow-haired girl put a finger to her chin.

"I do have a song that I wrote and was thinking of making choreography too." She looked up at the woman next to her. "Could we spend time thinking of some ideas?" Mist chuckled.

"I don't see why not. I have a lot of fun choreographing dances." Dash bounced on the balls of her feet. This was going to be so much fun! It wasn't the first piece she choreographed since she performed it with the girls from Crystal Prep, but still, it was fun no matter what.

~/\~

The two had spent a lot of time figuring out the motions for the dances, the tempo, the transitions from each little bit that she created separately, and so much more. By the time the rainbow-haired girl checked the time on her phone again, it was already about three in the afternoon. She sighed in shock but let out a deep breath and sighed happily. She turned around to face Morning Mist.

"Thanks for today. It was really helpful and now I made a mental note to myself to expand my movements in my dancing."Mist smiled.

"Oh, it wasn't a problem. I'm just glad you had fun. That's the most important part about dancing." Rainbow nodded her head.

"Yeah. I guess so." Dash bit her lip. "Is there anything you need now? Do I have to give you something in exchange?" Mist chuckled.

"Oh, no. It's fine. This class was more about getting to know you and your flexibility. I'm glad you had fun though. I wish you lots of luck, Rainbow Dash." Rainbow smiled as she collected her things.

"Thank you," she said as she walked out the door.

~/\~

As Rainbow drove to one of the many parks in Cloudsdale to get ideas, her mind raced with different thoughts about how to start her dance classes. If they were going to be her dance classes, she needed the classes to match different personalities like the ones she already made. Once she reached the park, she walked out onto the grass with her bag and sat down. She pulled out a notebook and pencil and began writing a brand new song. After a few failed attempts, ripped pages, and groans of frustration, she wrote a few songs for the five boys and a few songs for the girls and herself.

Boys:
-What Makes You Beautiful
-Best Song Ever
-Drag Me Down
-Live While We're Young
-They Don't Know About Us
-I Want It That Way
-Gold
-Love Me Again
-Blame
-Safe And Sound

Girls:
-Kiss Me More
-Die, Young
-Toxic
-Break A Sweat
-You Need To Calm Down
-Good 4 u
-Ugly Heart
-Shake It Off

Dash:
-Up
-Shower
-No Excuses
-Me Too
-No Good
-Gold
-Levitating
-Ain't Your Mama
-Alejandro
-Sorry Not Sorry
-I Need Your Love
-Freak The Freak Out

All or some:
-On The Floor
-Dance Again
-Just Dance
-Stay With Me

Okay, maybe more than a few. This is what happens when she's in the zone of writing new songs. Rainbow smiled at her work and sighed before snapping her book closed.

"My god, I just wrote thirty-four new songs. How is that even possible? You know what, I'm not even going to try to answer that question. Okay, let's see, first things first; get everyone together so we can talk about me becoming a dance teacher. Then tell them about the fifteen songs I wrote. Finally, start choreographing new dances." Dash flopped down on her back on the grass. "Am I doing all of this? Will I have time to teach dance classes with sports and music? Maybe I should do classes on days when I have nothing going on. That's probably the best thing to do." She sighed. "How did I get myself into this mess." She closed her eyes before taking a deep breath. She opened her eyes and reached into her bag to grab her phone. She turned on her phone and saw on the lock screen she'd two missed calls from her boyfriend, two missed video calls from her boyfriend, eight missed group video calls, and about fifty group texts from her twelve friends. Dash sighed. How had she not seen the texts and not heard the calls? Oh, wait. Now she remembered. She was in a dance class learning two dance pieces and choreographing one more. She shook her head before opening a new video call with her friends. A few seconds after she started the call, twelve faces popped up on her screen. All of them wore frowns. Rainbow's expression saddened and she spoke.

"Hey, guys." Surprise's voice was blared right out of the speaker

"WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU PICK UP YOUR FUCKING PHONE?!?!" Dash gave her a deadpan stare.

"Did you guys forget that I had a dance meet-up with the dance teacher Vice-Principal Firefly recommended? That's why I couldn't pick up your calls. I didn't have my phone right next to me because it was in my bag. Only saw the messages now." Soarin pinched the bridge of his nose through the screen.

"Ugh! We're such idiots for forgetting that. I remember that it was on the top of my head, then it slipped. Sorry that you had to see these crazy texts." Rainbow smiled and chuckled a bit.

"Heh, it's fine. I didn't even look at them so thanks for giving me a hint on what they are." Everyone laughed. Blaze spoke next.

"How was dance class anyway? Was it good?" RD nodded.

"Yeah, it was good. I learned a few dances, she helped me choreograph another dance, and talked about my talent for dancing." They all smiled on her screen. Something clicked in her head. "Hey, just out of curiosity, where are you guys right now? I would like to share some news my dance teacher told me about." Spitfire easily named everyone off.

"Blaze is with High Winds at my place due to us being half-sisters, Fleet's at her place, the Streak twins are at home, Lightning's at her place, Rapid's at his place, Surprise's at her place, Misty's at her place, Wave's at his place, and finally, Soarin's at his place." "Wow. Smart one." Dash told herself. "What about you, Dash?" Rainbow laid back onto the grass and sighed as the wind flew past her. She quietly thanked Gale for the breeze.

"I'm at one of the many parks in the city. Maybe we should meet somewhere private so we can talk without any eavesdroppers. I think it's something worth talking about so I'm thinking we could meet up at, well, you know what, fuck that earlier thought. Meet me at Cloudsdale Central park close to CHS. You'll find me sitting on the grass." Everyone nodded and waved goodbye.