• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 1,653 Views, 99 Comments

Changes In A Rainbow - My Rainbow Dash



Insults from friends are painful. But when Rainbow's parents tell her that they're moving back to their hometown, she realizes that her life will be changing for the better.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,653

Chapter 4: The Story And Music Fun

""Bitch!"

"Insolent!"

"Slut!"

"Selfish jerk!"

"Useless!"

"Worthless!"

"Asshole!"

"Rude!".

"Betrayer!"

"Freak!"

The insults and name-calling were endless. Rainbow Dash kept getting name's called at her from students and they backed her into a wall. Her heart was shattered because her friends were also part of the name-calling group. The teachers weren't even helping. They just stood behind the students as they watched one of their students get insulted. Rainbow was on the verge of crying. She never felt so hurt in her life. Emotionally speaking. She suddenly felt a loud slap and her cheek sting. She put a hand to her cheek where she had been slapped. Tears stung her eyes and she shut them tight as she gripped her geode around her neck and used her super speed to grab her things, get away from the crowd, and run home.

The run home didn't fill her with joy as it usually did. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Tears were streaming down her face once she had arrived at her house. As soon as she got there, she ran straight past her mom, who had seen her daughter come close to the house, to her room where she dropped her bag on the floor, kicked off her shoes, and flopped onto her bed crying. She heard footsteps coming towards her room but didn't care. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned her in the direction of the hand and saw her mom, Windy Whistles, looking at her.

"Dashie, baby, what's wrong?" She asked sweetly. The dam broke and the rainbow-haired girl sobbed into her mother's chest. Windy wrapped her arms around her daughter and rubbed her back. She heard footsteps coming towards the bedroom door and saw her husband come in. His facial expression was saddened when he saw his daughter crying in his wife's chest. He immediately walked over and brought his wife and daughter into a hug. Windy kissed her daughter's forehead as Rainbow's cries became whimpers. Sniffles were heard from their daughter as they slowly released the hug. Rainbow rubbed her nose with her sleeve and looked up at her parents with teary eyes. Bow Hothoof ran a hand through his daughter's hair and spoke.

"Kiddo, you wanna tell us what happened?" Rainbow slowly nodded.

"I-I w-w-was b-b-being i-i-insulted b-by a-all the-the s-s-students at s-s-school. They called me bad names." Tears were leaking from her eyes. Her parents stared at her in shock. Their daughter was being insulted by the students at school.

"Even your friends?" Her mom asked. Rainbow Dash nodded. Her dad squeezed her shoulders.

"Well, we have some good news for all of us." Rainbow looked up at him, curious. Your mother and I have gotten new jobs back in Cloudsdale and we end up getting paid more. This also means that you get to see your old friends and go to Cloudsdale High School. And guess what, you pretty much know all the students there. Remember the Wonderbolts?" Rainbow's eyes widened.

"You mean Soarin, Fleet foot, Spitfire, and then others?" Her parents nodded. A huge smile grew on her face. "We're going back?" Her parents nodded again and her smile grew even bigger. She wrapped her arms around her mom, who returned the hug and her dad brought the two of them into a bigger hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The two adults smiled at their daughter's excitement. They released the hug."When do we start packing?" The two adults laughed.

"Easy, Sweetie. But we start packing up tomorrow." Rainbow nodded repeatedly with a large smile on her face. Bow chuckled and ruffled his daughter's hair.

"C'mon, Kiddo. Let's go have some dinner and then head to bed because we need let's of rest for tomorrow." Rainbow jumped off her bed and started doing backflips all the way to the kitchen. Bow chuckled. "I wonder where she got all that energy from." His wife smiled.

"I'm assuming she's excited to see her old friends again." Bow wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I guess you're right."

"Are we gonna have dinner or what!?" They heard their daughter shout from the kitchen. The two parents rolled their eyes.

"We're coming, Sweetie. No need to rush things."

"Yes, there is!" Rainbow shouted in return. Bow shook his head and came up from behind his daughter, wrapped his arms around her waist, and lifted Rainbow into the air. She laughed and kicked her legs. "Dad!!" She laughed. "Put me down!" He only held her tighter and spun her around in a circle. Windy smiled at the father-daughter get-along. She turned back to the stove and finished making the meal. After 20 minutes, food was set out on plates on the table and the aroma of the food attracted the rainbow-haired man and teen girl. The family of three sat down at the table and ate their meal while talking about what would be happening in Cloudsdale.

After the pleasant dinner, Rainbow walked up to the room and saw a notification on her phone. She took a closer look at it and smiled.

"Huh, funny." She said to herself. "Just the one who I wanted to talk to." The message was from Spitfire. She ended up writing this:

"Sup Crash,

I just wanted to let you know that we all miss you and were wondering if you could visit sometime soon when you're free. Soarin's been going nuts because he hasn't seen you in a while. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend,

Spitfire."

Dash smiled and responded.

"Sup Shitfire,

I got some great news for you and the others. I'm moving back to Cloudsdale because my parents are switching jobs and it's in Cloudsdale. It also means that I'll be attending Cloudsdale High School which I'm assuming that you go there right now. Tell Soar to relax. He can spend all the time he wants with me when I'm back in Cloudsdale.

Signing off with awesomeness,

Crash."

Rainbow smirked as she sent the message. She was about to put her phone back down when it sent out a longer ringtone. Apparently, Spitfire decided to make things easier for herself and call the rainbow-haired girl. Rainbow answered the phone.

"This is Rainbow Dash speaking. How can I help you?" She heard laughter from the other side of the phone.

"Well nice to hear from you too, Crash!" Rainbow laughed.

"How've you been, Spits?"

"I've been good. Soar misses you though."

"Uh oh. What happened now?"

"Nothing really. He just wants to fuck you really badly." Dash broke out laughing.

"That bad, huh?"She heard a laugh on the other side of the phone.

"You have no idea." Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Do me a favor and tell everyone that I'm coming back. I start packing tomorrow." There was a snort on the other side of the phone.

"If only it were that easy. I'll try my best but I'm telling you that once I do, everyone is gonna flip and be super impatient until you arrive."

"Relax, will ya? It's only a two-hour drive. We just have so many things with us which is why we need a moving truck. But hey, at least I get to see you guys and stay with you. That's awesome, right?"

"It sure is. When will you be arriving?" Rainbow put a finger to her chin and tapped it.

"Hang on for a sec." Rainbow took the phone off her ear and called her mom. "Hey, mom? When are we leaving for Cloudsdale?"

"We'll be leaving in two days, Sweetie." Her mom answered. Rainbow got back on the phone.

"We'll be leaving in two days."

"I guess we'll be seeing you in three days then, huh," Spitfire responded.

"You sure will. Hey, you okay? You sound sad."

"Sorry, Dash. We just wish you would get here earlier." Dash stopped.

"We?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot to say that everyone else is here too. Guys why don't you say our favorite rainbow-haired girl." There was a gasp on Spitfire's side. A whole group of voices greeted her. "Hey, Dash."

"Sup Dash."

"Hi, Dashie!"

"Hi, Rainbow." Rainbow smiled.

"Hey, guys. Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but I need to start packing tomorrow. To be honest, I'm very happy about it. Don't ask why. I'll tell you when I get to Cloudsdale."

"Alright, bye Rainbow."

"Night Rainbow."

"Bye-bye."

"Bye Dash." Rainbow ended the call and smiled. This was gonna be fun."

~/\~

"And that's what happened." The rainbow-haired girl finished off her story. The eleven teens sitting on the floor stared. Spitfire growled and clenched her fists.

"What the fuck!! What kind of friendship is that?!" Fleetfoot crossed her arms and frowned.

"That's not even friendship, Spits. That's betrayal. And it happened right in her face. Not to mention all that name-calling business. Such morons. I mean seriously. Who does that shit?" Soarin spoke next.

"Assholes. That's who." Rainbow smiled.

"That's why you guys are my friends. Not them." The twelve Cloudsdale High students all smiled. Surprise popped up next to Dash.

“You coming to CHS with us tomorrow?” Rainbow gave her a confused look. Surprise must have read her mind. “Not Canterlot silly. I meant Cloudsdale. Are you coming to Cloudsdale High School with us tomorrow?” Rainbow nodded.

“Uh, yeah! You don’t expect me to stay home, do you?” They all shrugged their shoulders but nodded happily that their friend was going to join them in school the next day. “But to be honest, the reason why I say that is ‘cause it’s all-all-all-all good, and I feel abso- absolutely amazin'.” Her friends gave her a confused look. “It was a song I wrote that ends up with me going all out on my electric guitar. I can play it if you want.” They all cheered. Rainbow grabbed her guitar and pick.

All Good

The students from Cloudsdale stared in awe as their friend ponied up. Once the rainbow-haired girl finished the song, she looked up at her friends who stared at her.

“Why didn’t you tell us more about this?” Misty Fly asked as she waved her arms around, gesturing to Dash’s new look.

“You never asked much about my magic so I just didn’t say anything about it.” They all nodded, understandingly. High Winds got on the other side of Dash.

“Do you like Post Crush?” Rainbow nodded.

“Yeah, why?”

“Can you play “True Original”?” Rainbow nodded.

“Yeah sure. I can play it on my phone if that’s what you’re asking.” The boys and girls nodded and Rainbow connected her phone to her speaker via Bluetooth. A song started playing and all the girls sang along.

True Original

Everyone was laughing with one another throughout the song. Only smiles were seen in the room. Sadly, the fun had to come to an end because the next day was Monday and school started. All the friends filed out the front door till only Spitfire and Rainbow Dash remained. The firey-haired girl put a hand on the rainbow-haired girl's shoulder.

"Fleet and I walk to school together each morning and your house is a stop on the way to school. Would you like us to walk you there?" Rainbow chuckled.

"I would say that I would do things by myself back in Canterlot, but since I'm in Cloudsdale, I could use the guidance on where to go. So yeah, sure. I'd love to join you two to walk to school tomorrow." Spitfire smiled and the two exchanged a hug. They pulled apart and Spitfire ran off in the direction of her house. She stopped and turned back to wave and shout, "See you tomorrow morning at 8:15!" Returning the waving and watching her friend head home, Rainbow sighed, turned around, and walked back inside the house, excited for the next day.