• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 1,653 Views, 99 Comments

Changes In A Rainbow - My Rainbow Dash



Insults from friends are painful. But when Rainbow's parents tell her that they're moving back to their hometown, she realizes that her life will be changing for the better.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,653

Chapter 5: School Day 1: A Rally Song

An alarm rang through Rainbow’s room (Please tell me that someone caught that pun. I accidentally wrote it without even knowing). and she immediately jumped out of her bed and started randomly bouncing around the room. (Okay, not literally.) She ran to her attached bathroom and took a shower. After she finished, she jumped into a clean outstanding outfit. (That being the one up below.)

She ran down to the kitchen and ate her breakfast. She looked up at the clock. It read 8:00. Only fifteen minutes before she had to meet Spitfire in front of her house. Once she finished her breakfast, she ran back up to her bathroom, brushed her teeth, did her hair, and grabbed her backpack, phone, and earbuds. She ran back down to see her parents in the kitchen. She kissed them a quick goodbye.

"Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!" She called.

"See you later, Kiddo!"

"Have a nice day at school, Sweetie!" Rainbow smiled and opened the front door to see two girls in front of her house.

"Morning Spit. Morning Fleet." The two teens looked at their friend.

"Looking good in that outfit you got there, Crash," Spitfire noted.

"Yeah. Gonna attract lots of boys with that ass of yours." Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"I'd like to see them even try to get a single finger on it. If they did manage, they would either get a broken wrist, hand, finger, a black eye, and the list can go on and on and on." The girls burst out laughing.

"What about the other girls with the big asses? What are you going to tell them?" Rainbow smiled.

"I'd tell them not to be afraid of their looks. The boys can stare all they want, but they can't have anything." Fleetfoot slapped her shoulder.

"Now that's girl talk."

"Yeah shut up. I can see your asses sticking out from those skinny jeans of yours. Don't even think of hiding them." Spitfire rose a brow but smirked.

"We missed having you and your attitude around for the longest time." Rainbow punched her shoulder.

"Oh shut up will you!" The rest of the walk was filled with laughter and playful pushes and shoves. Soon the school came into view and Rainbow gasped. It was bigger than Canterlot High School. Well, to be honest, it wasn't very surprising due to Cloudsdale having more money than Canterlot. Once she, Spitfire, and Fleetfoot got to the front of the school, lots of other students stopped what they were doing when they saw Rainbow Dash and started whispering.

"Oh my gosh, is that Rainbow Dash?"

"She looks so different I barely recognize her."

"I can't believe she's back in Cloudsdale."

"Ooo!! School's going to be so much fun with her around."

"From what I heard, she was the captain of every single sport back at Canterlot High School."

"Do you think that will happen here too?"

"I hope so. Our captain right now sucks at their job."

Rainbow couldn't believe her ears. She was that popular? They had heard of her all the here when she was back at CHS? Wow. She was in shock. Then one female student walked right up to her. She had turquoise skin and yellow hair with two lighter stripes in it.

"LD? Is that you?" LD, or Lightning Dust, smiled.

"Nice to see you too, RD." The two shared a hug. They pulled apart. "You need your schedule don't you?" Rainbow nodded. She looked back to Spitfire and Fleetfoot.

"I'm going to grab my schedule with LD. See you at lunch?" She nodded.

"That or if we share any of the same classes." They nodded and split off in opposite directions. Lightning Dust turned to look at Rainbow Dash.

"What caused you to come back to Cloudsdale? I mean, from what I heard, you guys have lots of awesome things, not as awesome as Cloudsdale though." Rainbow snorted.

"Let's just say that every student, teacher, and staff member turned against me and insulted me because I'm being, well, me. I mean, sure, sometimes I can be a showoff, sure I might take things a bit far, and I'm always loyal to my friends. But, to keep that friendship, I need their loyalty in return. It can't just be one-sided. That reason and my parents found a better job here in Cloudsdale than Canterlot." The turquoise-skinned girl stared.

"That's just, wow." Rainbow nodded. They then reached the principal's office and Lightning Dust knocked on the door.

"Come in." Came a voice from the other side. Lightning Dust opened the door and the two girls stepped inside the room. The principal brought her papers down to look at the two girls in front of her. Her eyes widened and she smiled at who she saw. “Lightning Dust, what are you doing here?" Lightning Dust cleared her throat.

"Well we have a new student transferring her and-"

"Rainbow Dash. Yes, I know. Where is she?" Lightning Dust stepped aside and let the principal look at the rainbow-haired girl. "You must be Rainbow Dash." It's a pleasure to meet you." She walked around her desk and shook hands with Rainbow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Principal..." The principal's eyes widened and let out a quick laugh.

"My apologies. Where are my manners? I'm Principal Cloudy Skies. You can call me either one of them. And yes here's your schedule." Principal Skies handed Dash a paper will all of her classes enlisted in it. "From what the students and I have heard, you were the captain of every single sport back in Canterlot. Is that correct?" Rainbow nodded. "We were wondering, since our other captains are so bad, and the students are complaining about it, would you like to take their places?" Rainbow smirked.

"I'd have to see it for myself first." Both the principal and Lightning Dust smiled. The two students waved at the principal and exited the office.

" Can I see your schedule?" Dash handed Dust her schedule. As Lightning Dust looked over the sheet of paper, her eyes widened. She looked up at her friend. "You're not going to believe this." Rainbow blinked and gave her a curious look.

" What is it?" Lightning's smile grew.

" We have the same schedule!" Rainbow's eyes widened at what she had headed.

"You're kidding?" Lightning shook her head.

" Come with me. Let's head to class." Their first class was still pretty empty, seeing how long they were talking in the hallway and being in the principal's office. About five minutes later, students came filing into the room a few seconds before the bell rang. To Dash, she noticed that they seemed stressed and very focused. More than usual. They also had books in their hands with files on top. She looked over at her friend.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"We're preparing for the next Friendship Games which will be taking place here."

"Against who?" Her question was answered by the teacher.

"We have been working hard but I want a few more of these long equations answered. We all know how students at Crystal Prep Academy are." Rainbow's eyes widened. Crystal Prep Academy. They were playing against Crystal Prep Academy. For her, it would be the second time. But what would they think of her when they see that she switched over to Cloudsdale?

"We've won every single time except once. But at their last Friendship Games against CHS, Canterlot High School, they ended up tying and their top student transferred there. Lucky for us, we have a student in this who transferred from Canterlot and most likely knows the Shadowbolts better than we do. Rainbow Dash." Everyone gasped as the rainbow-haired girl stood up. "Is it true about the Friendship Games against CPA when you were back at CHS?" Rainbow Dash nodded.

"That is true. How we ended up tying is something that will time to explain. But yes their top student transferred to CHS. Though, something that could help us gain our confidence is something I've done before back in Canterlot. Is there a chance that we could get all the students into the gym right after lunch? I would like to announce something." She looked up at her teacher who put a hand to her chin.

"I'll talk to Principal Skies about it, but I'm sure you can." Rainbow smiled. This was going to be fun.

~/\~

After four classes, it was finally lunch, and Dash and Dust walked over to the table with the twelve other Wonderbolts.

"Hey, guys." She said as she and the turquoise-skinned girl sat down next to each other. Spitfire noticed her happy mood and spoke.

"Hey, Dash. You look happy. What's gotten you in such a good mood?" She was about to speak when suddenly the was a loud squeak from the speakers.

"Good afternoon, students," Principal Skies' voice was heard, "I would like for all students to head to the gym after you finish your lunches. Rainbow Dash has an announcement to make for everyone. I'll see you in the gym later." The speakers shut off and the thirteen friends looked over at the rainbow-haired girl.

"I did this with the students back in Canterlot but I changed the lyrics a bit to match it for Cloudsdale instead. It's gonna be so awesome!" Fleetfoot smiled

"You gonna give us a hint?" Rainbow smiled and shook her head.

"Sorry. It's a surprise for everyone."

~/\~

All the students were in the gym, but Rainbow Dash was nowhere in sight.

"I wonder where she went." Fire Streak said. The others, including Lightning Dust, nodded. That's when they saw the polychromatic-haired girl walk up onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

"We all know how Crystal Prep Academy is, right?" Everyone in the room nodded. "Well, that's gonna change. Back in Canterlot, I sang this song that got everyone motivated to win against Crystal Prep Academy and they loved it. Here I'm not saying you have to like the song, but this time will win against Crystal Prep. We'll show them who's really on top. And here's how.

(AN: Forget about what the lyrics are in the actual song and pay attention to what's written here. It will make more sense to how the story fits compared to the actual song.)

CHS Rally Song - Nightcore

”Crystal Prep students are super athletic
Super smart, and super motivated
But there's one thing they aren't
They aren't Wonderbolts!

We've never fought magic before
But come out on top
There's other schools, and all can make those claims

Together Cloudsdale we are one
Come and cheer our name
Once again, we will win these games

We'll always be Wonderbolts forever
And now our time has finally arrived
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive

We're not the school we were before
Yeah, we're different now
We overcame the obstacles we faced

We're Cloudsdale united
And we'll never bow
So get ready to see us in first place

We'll always be Wonderbolts forever
And now our time has finally arrived
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive
At the end of the day, it is we who survive

Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wonderbolts united together
Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wonderbolts united forever

We'll always be Wonderbolts forever
And now our time has finally arrived
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive
At the end of the day, it is we who survive!”

By the end of the song she had ponied up and everyone cheered.

“Now how does everyone feel about that?” The cheering got louder and rainbow laughed. "Now this is loyalty. Staying close and having your friends believe that they are more than they think they are. Now, are we ready to take down CPA?!” The teens whistled and cheered. "Now that’s more like it,” Rainbow said to herself as she watched the students around her.