• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 1,655 Views, 99 Comments

Changes In A Rainbow - My Rainbow Dash



Insults from friends are painful. But when Rainbow's parents tell her that they're moving back to their hometown, she realizes that her life will be changing for the better.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,655

Chapter 6: A Private Love Talk and A Surprise (or two)

It’s been a day since the motivational song Rainbow Dash sang and the students at Cloudsdale High School were more motivated than ever thanks to their friend. But none of them were more thankful than a very familiar blue-skinned boy. Soarin was completely fascinated at what the love of his life had done for the entire school. Yes, it was very clear that Soarin was in love with Rainbow Dash and was very bad at showing it. So he did the only thing he could think of.

It was the end of the day and Rainbow was talking to the seven girls in the group when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Soarin standing behind her.

“Oh hey, Soarin. What’s up?” She turned back to the girls. “We’ll continue the conversation later.” She turned back to the navy blue-haired boy. “Sorry, you were saying.” Soarin rubbed the back of his neck.

“Yeah, I was wondering if I could talk to you. Privately. If that is okay with you.”

’ He seems hesitant. Act casual.’ Rainbow thought to herself. “Sure. Where do you have in mind?”

“I know that the field is free at this time. We can go there.” Rainbow nodded.

“Sure. Wanna race there?”

“I’m not sure we’re allowed to run in the hallways.” Rainbow pouted.

“You’re no fun. Alright fine. We’ll walk there. Happy?” Soarin smirked.

“I prefer to save my energy. I use most of it for track, sports, and games.” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Good for you, Soar. Good for you.” Soarin froze for a moment and his cheeks turned a light pink. Rainbow turned around to face him. “You okay?” He shook his head.

“Yeah. Let’s just go to the field.” Rainbow stood there for a moment before shaking it off. Once they reached the field, they dropped their bags on the bleachers and sat down.

“What do you wanna talk about?” Rainbow asked. Her tone of voice was calm and showed kindness.

“Well, how should I put it? Ever since I first met you, you’ve always shown this energy, this passion that no other girl I’ve met had. I’ve always been fascinated by your personality and how you act. It’s just, oh god I suck at this.” He heard a giggle from his left and turned to see Dash covering her mouth with her hand. Most likely trying to hold back a laugh. “Oh, what’s so funny?” She snorted.

“You. No offense in any way but, you’re really bad at confessing your love for me. You know that right?” He blinked.

“Wait. Did you know? How-“

“You’re making it very obvious right now, doofus.” She scooted closer to him. She fiddled with the collar of his shirt. “You’re terrible with romance, but I’m perfectly fine with it. Because here’s why.” She leaned in closer to him and pulled his collar towards her.

“Dash, what are you- mmph!?” He was cut off by the rainbow-haired girl kissing him on the lips. He put his hands on her hips and shifted so she was sitting on his lap. He wrapped one arm around her waist and the other up against her back. She placed her hands on his cheeks and drew him closer to her. He gently bit her lower lip and she slowly opened her mouth to grant him access to her mouth. He slipped his tongue inside her mouth and she returned the action with her tongue meeting his. Rainbow tilted her head a bit to press deeper into the kiss. By then the two were swapping saliva but didn’t care. Their love was the only thing that mattered at the moment. Unfortunately for them, they still needed to breathe. With a final moan from Rainbow, the two separated and took deep breaths of air while pressing their foreheads together and looking each other in the eyes. Soarin brought Rainbow into a hug which she returned.

“I love you, Soar.” She said sweetly. Soarin gently squeezed.

“Love you too, Baby.” Rainbow squeaked in surprise at the name but relaxed knowing that she’d only allow him to use the name. They parted the hug and Rainbow playfully squeezed his nose.

“You know, you’re the only one who I’m going to allow to call me that. M'kay?” Soarin’s answer was a simple kiss on her nose. She stood up and lent a hand out to Soarin who gladly took it.

“Would be a chance that I could take this lovely lady back to her house?” He took her hand and kissed her knuckles. Rainbow giggled.

“I’d love that very much. Now, shall we get going?”

“We shall.” Soarin went to grab his bag, but before Rainbow could grab her bag, a light blue hand got to it before hers. She looked up to see Soarin holding the top strap of her backpack.

“Must my boyfriend do everything for me?” Soarin smirked, set his bag down, and lifted her chin with a finger.

“Boyfriend, eh?” Rainbow returned the smirk.

“What? Too much?” Soarin grabbed his bag and gave her a quick kiss.

“Not at all." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes but smiled at him.

"So where are we going? Are we going to my house, or are you going to be taking me somewhere else?" Soarin smirked at her.

"I have something in mind for us. That is if you're willing to come with me." Rainbow's eyes filled with lust.

"I'd love to come with you." She leaned in closer to him and played with the collar of his shirt. "The longest time I've known you, you always do something wonderful for me." He chuckled.

"I think the better word for it would be, 'awesome'." The prismatic-haired girl covered her mouth to hold back her giggles.

"You know me so well, don't you?" Soarin smirked down at her.

"Hmm. That I do." Rainbow nuzzled against him.

"Just take me to that damn surprise already, will ya." The navy blue-haired boy smiled and kissed his girlfriend on her lips. Then something popped into Rainbow's head. "I've had something on my mind since I got here. Where are Hoops, Score, and Dumbbell? I haven't seen them once." Soarin sighed.

"This happened before you arrived. Those three ended up transferring to a different school." Rainbow's eyes widened.

"Really? Which one?"

"They transferred over to CHS. Canterlot High School." Dash didn't know if she should have laughed or gasped at the bad position the six girls were in.

"Well, that's something. But hey, at least we don't have to deal with them." Soarin nodded in agreement.

"At least I think so. I'm not entirely sure. C'mon. Let's take you to that surprise." Rainbow was bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Ooh! This is going to be so much fun! What's the surprise?" Soarin laughed.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." Rainbow slouched, unhappily.

"You're no fun." She pouted with her arms crossed. Soarin kissed her forehead.

"I'm sure the surprise will be." Rainbow perked up again and followed Soarin to his car. Upon arriving at the car, Soarin put both bags in the trunk while Dash sat in the passenger's seat. Once the sky-blue boy sat down in the driver's seat, the two drove off in the direction of the place Soarin wanted to take her.

"Mind if I play something?" The rainbow-haired girl asked while pointing to her phone. Soarin nodded.

All Good

“You wrote that song, didn’t you.” It wasn’t a question, but Rainbow nodded.

"That I did. Did you like it?" Soarin smirked.

"Indeed I did. It was quite the impressive song." Rainbow batted her eyelashes.

"Well thank you dearly." Soarin looked over at her again and shook his head while looking back at the road.

"You're too much, you know that, right?" Dash snorted. Then her mind drifted to something else. She was friends with a few of the Crystal Prep students. What would they do if they found out she was a student at Cloudsdale High? Her smile faltered and Rainbow sighed. It was going to be hard. Soarin saw her discomfort.

"Hey, you okay?" Rainbow turned to look at him. She shook her head now.

"I'm just thinking about the Games against CPA. I'm friends with a few of them and am now thinking about what they'd do, what their reactions would be, and how they'd treat me, seeing that I go to another one of their rival schools. This is going to be tougher than I thought. I hope I can still be friends with them, but I have no idea if I still will be. Also, how will the games be ending? With Canterlot, we ended up having to deal with Twilight becoming a demon who wanted to learn about magic and take it, but what's going to happen here in Cloudsdale? The only person who has magic is me. I hope that no one takes it away. The only way for it to get stronger is that I stay by your guys' sides. I don't know who I'm going to be handling this." She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. "What have I gotten myself into?" She felt a hand on her left thigh and looked up at Soarin.

"Don't worry. You have us whenever you feel like you need help. As you said before, you're magic gets stronger when the thirteen of us are together. I'm sure we'll find a way to solve this and make sure things don't go out of hand. Sometimes some of us were just born to break free from our problems." Dash nodded.

"Yeah. I guess you're ri- wait, hold on. Thirteen? How can there be thirteen of us? I thought it was fourteen." Soarin nodded.

"Yeah, you know. Fleetfoot, Spitfire, Misty Fly, Surprise, Blaze, High Winds, Fire Streak, Lightning Streak, Wave Chill, Rapidfire, Lightning Dust, me, and you. That's thirteen people, Dash. And all of us are going to stay together." He looked back up at the road. "Oh, hey look. We're here." Rainbow blinked.

"Uh, where are we?" Soarin smirked.

"At Surprise's place. Knowing that you wouldn't want to go to Sugarcube Corner, we decided to make the surprise here." Rainbow held her confused expression. He chuckled. "Follow me." He opened the door and walked into the dark house. Rainbow followed, still a bit unsure of what was going on. As soon as she stepped inside the house, the door behind her slammed shut. She froze. Then, all of the sudden-

"Surprise!!" Dash turned around to see her friends standing behind her. She slapped a hand over her heart.

"Geez, you guys gave me a heart attack. But, what is this about in the first place?" Spitfire walked over to her friend and gave her a back hug.

"It's a "Welcome-Back-To-Cloudsdale" party. Remember when the girls and I told you that the boys were planning a surprise party for you? Well, that's what this is." Fleetfoot walked in front of Dash.

"While you were gone with Soarin, we took the time to finish planning and preparing the party. Do you like it?" Rainbow looked around at her friends, then the decorations.

"No, I don't like it." The twelve other friends stared at her. Surprise went right into her face.

"WHAT?!?! How can you not like it?!?! We spent so much time and-" Rainbow glared and slapped a hand over her friend's mouth.

"I wasn't finished talking, Surprise. As I said before, I don't "like" the party. I love it!" Everyone immediately relaxed. Lightning Dust walked over to her friend and gave her a hard slap on her shoulder.

"Don't scare us, bitch." Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say, dumbass." The two cracked up. "As I've said before, "I feel abso-absolutely amazing"." Lightning gave her a confused look and Rainbow shook her head. "It's part of a song I wrote," LD smirked.

"Is it okay if I hear this song?" Rainbow smiled and nodded.

"Sure thing." RD looked over at the party girl who was busy eating cake in the corner of the living room. "Hey, Surprise." The yellow-haired girl looked up. " Mind if I use your speaker?" She shook her head and went back to eating cake while Rainbow stood the advantage to plug her phone into the speakers. She looked over at Lightning Dust. "Trust me, you're gonna love this song. "As soon as the rainbow-haired girl hit play on her phone, the music began and she began singing as soon as the lyrics started.

All Good

Just like the first time she sang the song to her friends, she ponied up at the end of the song. The turquoise-skinned girl stared at her friend.

"What was that?" Dash rose a brow and tipped her head to the side in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this." LD waved her arms around Dash's whole body. "Your look. The ears. The wings. The tail. What is all this about?" Rainbow sighed and shook her head.

"I guess I owe you an explanation. As well as-" There was a sudden knock on the door. The teens all looked around. "Are we expecting anyone?" Surprise shook her head.

"Well not that I know of." Rainbow nodded.

"I'll go take a look." She felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at Soarin.

"Would you like some company?" Rainbow shook her head.

"No, it's fine. I'm good on my own." She then turned around and headed for the door. She opened the door. "Alright, who is it and what do you whaaa......." Rainbow stared at who was standing in front of her. They looked like strangers but had something very familiar. Then it hit her. Six ponies and a baby dragon. "P-P-Princess Twilight?!?!" The violet alicorn princess smiled and waved to her with her five friends behind her as well as Spike. The rainbow-haired girl fainted. The rainbow-maned pegasus looked over at Twilight.

"Well, that went well." The alicorn sheepishly smiled.

"This is going to take a lot of explaining." The six mares and dragon looked forward as they heard footsteps coming towards them. The twelve teenagers stared at the ponies and dragon in front of them. "This, even more so."