• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 1,655 Views, 99 Comments

Changes In A Rainbow - My Rainbow Dash



Insults from friends are painful. But when Rainbow's parents tell her that they're moving back to their hometown, she realizes that her life will be changing for the better.

  • ...
3
 99
 1,655

Chapter 11: The Friendship Games: Part 1

One Week Later

This was it. The day that Rainbow dreaded the most. The day of the Friendship Games. Rainbow Dash tried to swallow the large lump in her throat but had no luck in removing it. She bit her gloved thumbnail as she watched the CPA bus pull up in front of her school. She watched the bus door open and students in uniforms wall out of it. She and the other Cloudsdale students all wore yellow lightning bolt pins with wings on them on their shirts over their hearts. Every student from both schools glared at one another. Well, every student, except six of them. Indigo Zap, Sour Sweet, Lemon Zest, Sugarcoat, Sunny Flare, and Rainbow Dash. The six students were staring at each other, a look of concern and uncertainty. Rainbow's eyes flicked around at all the other students around her. She felt a bit more comfortable with her gloves on because, with this amount of fear running through her, she would've probably frozen the entire courtyard within seconds. She sucked in breath after breath, trying to calm herself. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Soarin smiling at her, before looking back up at the Shadowbolts, glaring. Rainbow took a breath and closed her eyes before looking back up at the other students with a death glare. She could have sworn she saw some of the other students flinch at the action. The newest student in the friend group, Spectrum Crystal, was curious why Rainbow was wearing gloves in warm weather. She intended on getting a reason why. Principal Skies, Vice-Principal Firefly, and Dean Cadence all walked the students into the school building.

"Good morning students. I'm sure you're all thrilled to start the first day of the Friendship Games. Our competitors will face off in every aspect of the CHS curriculum combating the equation elimination finale.

"Welcome to the first event." Dean Cadence spoke as the schools glared at one another. "The academic decathlon. You'll be scored on chemistry, Home Ec, and everything in between. But remember, only the six students from each team with the most points will move on to event number two. Good luck."

(AN: Just a quick note for everyone, don't pay much attention to the actual lyrics in the video, pay more attention to the one in the story. There will be some changes to the lyrics just like in the CHS rally song and Better Than Ever. Sorry if I didn't mention that earlier, but that's just the way it is. Please note that the changes will be fixed to fit Cloudsdale better than Canterlot. Also, I'll be color coating the different schools with blue and purple for the Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts. The last few lines for the two separate students at the end of the song will be sung by my Crystal Prep student OC, Spectrum Crystal, whose text will be in yellow because it's her skin color, and Rainbow Dash, whose text will be in magenta. The text color when everyone sings at once will be black (or white if anyone is reading this in Night Mode). As for the equation elimination finale, the equation will be at the bottom of the song lyrics. Love you guys!)

ACADECA

Ho! We're gonna take you down
Ho! We're gonna take you down!
Take you down! (Ho! We're gonna take you down!)
Take you down! (Down, down, down)

(Oh oh!) We're here to take you out
(Aw aw!) We're here to take you out (Aw aw!)
Take you out! (We're here to take you out!)
Take you out!

We're not about to let you win, so get out of our way
Think you got us beat, but we're here to stay
United strong, yeah, you’re goin’ down
You're not so tough, now you're in our town
Never once have we lost before
We’ll never give up, we'll only bring some more
We can smell your fear, we can see your sweat
Hope you didn't spend money 'cause you're losin' this bet!
You've got nothin' on us
Na, na, na-na-na, na
Let's go, Wonderbolts!
You've got nothin' on us
Na, na, na-na-na, na
Let's go, Wonderbolts!

The streak is lost, for a school that always wins
Maybe you should just stop 'fore you even begin
We are Crystal Prep High and we have a reputation
Every little moment is about our education
Put your ear to the ground
Listen to that sound
Lot of gravity
And it pulls you down (pull-down)
Pull you down (pull-down), hit the ground
You've got nothin' on us
Na, na, na-na-na, na
Let's go, Shadowbolts!
You've got nothin' on us
Na, na, na-na-na, na
Let's go, Shadowbolts!

Pressure's on, now we're gonna beat you
Move aside, cause now we will defeat you
Crystal Prep yourself 'cause you're about to go
Down, down, down, down

Pressure's on, now we're gonna take you
Just give up before we have to break you
Cloudsdale will fail, you're about to go
Down, down, down, down

Going up to the top
'Cause we know we can win

Maybe you should just stop
Since you never give in

We have faith in ourselves
And we've got what it takes.

And we're not gonna stop

I can't wait 'til this is all over
There's so much more that's going on

Before these games are finally over
I'll find out just what she's done

Can she do it? Will she make it?
Who will win it? Who will take it?
Can she do it? Who will take it?
Did she win it? Did she make it?
Who's the winner? Who's the reject?
How did she answer?

Vice-Principal FIrefly pointed at Spectrum.

Incorrect!

Rainbow sighed in relief when Vice-Principal Firefly pointed at Spectrum instead of her. Spectrum hung her head in defeat, knowing what was going to happen next with the rest of the school.

Something flicked in Rainbow's head. Six students would be chosen from each school. Six. Six out of thirteen. She and five other friends would be competing in the next event. 'Great. What next? There's no Equestrian magic in this situation. What's gonna happen now? Am I gonna lose a glove and the ice is going to go out of control? Will the natural elements go out of control? I hope not. She sighed and shook her head. Fleetfoot, Spitfire, Blaze, Misty Fly, and High Winds all ran up onto the stage and hugged her.

"You did awesomely!" Fleetfoot cried as she squeezed her friend. Cadence stepped forward in front of the crowd again.

"After a careful tally of the points, we'd like to present the students moving onto the Friendship Games' second event." All the students from Cloudsdale cheered, while the students at Crystal Prep clapped very unenthusiastically. The six girls from CHS bit their lips, as did the remaining seven friends.