• Published 3rd May 2020
  • 2,254 Views, 84 Comments

Magical Mysteries of Hogwarts - Juliaa



When Twilight gets sorted into a house she never thought she would be a part of and when mysteries, friendships, threats and romance come into the mix, will she be able to rescue everyone, stay safe and finish her studies?

  • ...
10
 84
 2,254

The Beginning of an Adventure

Author's Note:

It will be a bit different age of starting from cannon Harry Potter.

Twilight was super excited. It was going to be her first year at Hogwarts. Today is the day she is going.


In case you were wondering Hogwarts is a school for magic which wizards and witches attend. They start at the age of 16 and go there for 7 years.


Twilight has been practicing magic for so long. She is really ambitious and wants to be on top of her classes. She also won't be going alone. Her older brother Shinning Armor will also be there. It will be his 6th year. Twilight is a Muggleborn which means both of her parents are humans.

-------

Twilight and Shinning Armor were at train going towards Hogwarts. Candence, Shinning Armor's girlfriend, was also with them. Twilight is very close to both of them.


Shinning Armor is a Griffindor while Cadence is a Hufflepuff. Twilight was worried about which house she will be sorted into. Shinning Armor noticed her worrying.


"Hey Twily, it will all be all right! I am sure you will be sorted into Ravenclaw as you want to!"

"But what if I don't? What if I get sorted into Griffindor? Or Hufflepuff? Or even worse, Slytherin?"

"How would you ever be sorted into Slytherin? Especially when you are so smart and love to study!"

"Shinning Armor is right" Cadence jumped in to reassure Twilight too, "there is no other house that fits for you!"

"Thanks guys!" Twilight smiled. "I guess I am just worried for nothing."

"It's normal to be worried on your first year!"

"'Sup! Is this seat taken?" a part red part blonde haired girl Twilight's age walked in and gestured at seat next to Twilight.

"Uh, no?" Twilight answered.

"Phew!" the girl sat down relieved. "Every other seat was already taken! I was worried I would need to stand whole trip to Hogwarts."


Everyone just stared at her.


"Oh right! Sorry! I'm Sunset! Sunset Shimmer."

"Twilight Sparkle! Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too!" Sunset smiled at her.


Twilight's POV


And then Sunset smiled at me. Her smile. Wow! It was beautiful! And she was beautiful. Also she seemed so calm and relaxed, how can she not be worried about sorting? Maybe she is just good at acting.


"So, what house do you think you'll get in?" Sunset asked me.

"I really hope to be a Ravenclaw. I love to study and I think I would fit there" I've said excitedly. "What about you?"

"Eh, I don't want to expect something and then get dissapointed. To be honest I am good with whatever house I get sorted in. I also love to study by the way!"

"That's amazing! Maybe we can study together sometimes!" I can't believe I asked that so easily.

"Of course!" Sunset smiled again. She SMILED again! She looks adorable!


Whole train ride was amazing but I think Cadence and Shinning Armor noticed me starring at Sunset whole time.

-----

As we all got there, we parted with Cadence and Shinning Armor. Sunset and me went to dinner hall and we listened to headmaster's Dumbledore's welcome speech.


Then the sorting began.


"I am so nervous!" I've admitted.

"Hey, don't be! It will all be alright! All houses are great! And no matter what you already made one friend here! I don't mind if we end up in different houses." She is really good at reassuring. It calmed me down a lot.

"Thanks. It means a lot" I smiled at her and she smiled back.


Suddenly they started saying the names.

"Applejack.... Griffindor!"

"Fluttershy..... Hufflepuff!"

"Trixie.... Slytherin!"

"Rarity.... Ravenclaw!"

"Rainbow Dash..... Slytherin!"

"Pinkie Pie..... Griffindor!"


And so the names went and suddenly they called Sunset to come.


"Sunset Shimmer..... Griffindor!" I was so happy for her I started cheering. But then it was my turn.

"Twilight Sparkle...." Please be Ravenclaw, please be Ravenclaw, please be Ravenclaw!

"Hmm.. this one is more difficult" sorting hat told me. "You want to be a Ravenclaw and sure you would fit there.... but I think there is a much better house for you." Oh no, what does that mean???


"Slytherin!"


The words echoed in my mind. Slytherin. SLYTHERIN! I got sorted into Slytherin! Why? How? WHY?


Was it because I am ambitious? Or resourceful? What will Shining Armor and Cadence say?


Slytherin's are stereotyped as mean. Will Sunset think I am mean? And they usually hate Muggleborns. Oh no. OH NO!

-----

After the sorting Sunset approached me.


"Hey!"

"Hi."

"Wild sorting there."

"Yeah...."

"Hey, don't be sad! Slytherins are great too!"

"You don't think anything bad about me because of it?"

"Of course not! Not all Slytherins are bad. Don't worry I don't believe stereotypes! I like to judge people on my own."

"Thanks. And same!"

"Then all is good! I am sure you will find it great there!"

"But what if they find out I am a Muggleborn?"

"That... might be a problem. But if anyone ever tells you something bad because of it I will personally punch them in the face!"

"Thanks, Sunset! You're awesome! I'm glad I have met you!"

"I'm glad to meet you too! See you on lunch?"

"Yes! We will then compare our classes!" I got excited.

"I can't wait!"


And then we parted ways. I started going towards Slytherin's common room to see my new room and get changed into greener uniform.

------

When I came into the common room I accidentally bumped into someone.


"Hey you, watch where you are going!" said the girl. "Do you even know who I am? I am the Great and Powerful Trixie! The greatest witch Hogwarts will ever have!"

"Ugh leave her alone, Trixie, we just got here!" a voice came out of nowhere.


We both turned around and saw a girl leaning on the wall with her arms crossed. She looked very chill and cool. Her rainbow hair was covering part of her face.


"Ugh! Rainbow Dash! I hoped I finally got rid of you!" Trixie rolled her eyes.

"Trust me, I would prefer to not have to be around you, Trixie. Now leave the girl alone."

"Or what?"

"You know how badly I have beat you in our last duel. Do you really wanna repeat that?"

"Ugh! I will go now but not because of you! I needed to go fix my make up anyway."

"Right...." Rainbow smirked and started approaching me.


Trixie left and I have turned to Rainbow. Her eyes looked even prettier up close. I can't believe she stood up for me, we don't even know each other.


"T-t-thanks" was all I could say.

"No problem. Someone had to do it and, no offense, but you didn't seem like you would defend yourself."

"Well... maybe I would."

"Sureee." I mean she was right.

"Thanks anyway."

"No problem! Anyway I have to go now, classes will soon start."

"Okay. See you around!"

-----

That Rainbow girl sure is something! She seems very brave. I want to get to know her more. And I am glad I have met Sunset too! She is so nice and empathetic. I think we will get along well. I hope to get to know them both better.


I got to my bed and saw a note laying there.


"Be careful who you mess with!
-T"