• Published 3rd May 2020
  • 2,255 Views, 84 Comments

Magical Mysteries of Hogwarts - Juliaa



When Twilight gets sorted into a house she never thought she would be a part of and when mysteries, friendships, threats and romance come into the mix, will she be able to rescue everyone, stay safe and finish her studies?

  • ...
10
 84
 2,255

Celestial Ball

Applejack's POV

It was the week of the ball, Monday. Rainbow has made it to Quidditch team as a Chaser and they had practice. I watched.


After they finished she approached me.

"Hey Applejack! So what do you think?"

"It was great! I think you'll be the best Chaser Hogwarts has ever had!"

"Aww thanks" she smiled. "By the way, I have been meaning to ask. Do you maybe have a date for Celestial Ball?"

"No, not yet."

"Would you be interested in going with me?"

"I would love to!" I was so happy. Rainbow has asked me on a date. I repeat, RAINBOW HAS ASKED ME ON A DATE!

"Great!" she got happy too. "So are we gonna go grab lunch or not?"

I laughed. "Of course, let's go!"
------

Twilight's POV

Sunset has asked me out. Sunset has asked me out and I still didn't tell her my answer. She probably feels so bad for asking. But I just can't make up my mind and it's driving me crazy.


While I was busy thinking about it, Rainbow approached me.

"Hey Twi! Guess what!"

"Uhm?"

"I asked Applejack to be my Celestial Ball date and she said yes!" she said excitedly. SHE WHAT?

"YOU WHAT?"

"I know! I am shocked she said yes too!"

"But.... I knew there was something going on between you two!" I said a bit more angrier and jealous than I should have.

"Well duh!" she said happily but then proceeded confused, "why are you so angry about it?"

"I am not angry! It's just that.... you asked Applejack. Applejack!"

"What?" Rainbow was still confused and then got a bit angry, "do you have something against her?"

"Ugh! No!" I ran away from her, just like that, and when I was in my room, I started crying. What does Applejack have that I don't?

-----

Fluttershy's POV

It was the night of Celestial Ball. I was drinking tea with Discord. Him and I have become closer in the past 3 weeks. I didn't ask about crystal, didn't want to push him or anything but we did talk about other things. He is very fun to hang out with!


"Fluttershy, can I trust you with something very personal?"

"Of course! I won't tell anyone."

He took a deep breath. "You see, about the crystal---"


He was interrupted by professor McGonagall who entered the room. "Headmaster Dumbledore needs to speak to you" she noticed me and then added more angrily, "immediately."

And one does not say no to her. She left and Discord started leaving too.

"You can maybe tell me at the ball or after it?"

"At the ball will be too many people. And after it too late. Just don't go to the Forbidden forest tonight. Stay at the ball."

"But--"

"Do not go there! Please, for your safety. And don't let anyone you know go either." he then left the room.


I was so confused. And this got me even more worried about tonight.

------

Pinkie's POV

I don't know if joining the planning community has been a good idea but I did so anyway. It took a lot of time but I just love making parties.


As I was adding finishing touches to the room, Shinning Armor approached me.

"Hey, have you seen Twily?"

"No, she is getting ready for the ball. Why?"

"I just need to talk to her about something. Rumor has it you girls have been asking around about going to Forbidden Forest. Why?"

"Doesn't anything stay a secret in this school?" I said annoyed but then sighed. "Yes, we were just curious."

"You don't happen to have some sort of key that opens something there?" he was suspicious.

"No! That's weird! Where would we even get a key?"

"Alright, just wanted to know. Thanks!" he said as he left.

"You're welcome!"


Phew! That was close! And suspicious. I wonder what he knows about the key.

------

Twilight's POV

At the end I said yes to Sunset since Rainbow is going with Applejack. I can't believe but I still don't know which one I like more. Maybe Sunset? I have been spending more and more time with her. She really gets me.

But I can't believe Rainbow asked Applejack! I knew there was something between them! And how will I now talk to them without it being awkward. I still didn't apologize to Rainbow about the fight. And I don't even know how would I explain it without telling her she broke my heart. How great! Just fine!


All of that aside it was an hour before the ball begins and I was with Rarity who was in panic trying to adjust my dress since she can't let me go to the ball without looking perfect. Or so she said.

"Okay! Done!" she finally said.

"Thanks Rarity! It looks amazing!"

"Thanks! I like to believe I am a natural at this."

"You are! And yours looks lovely too! When did you have time to make it?"

"I have my tricks" she laughed but then she got sad.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just that no one has asked me to go to the ball with them."

"Oh Rarity. You're a great person and I bet tons of people wanted to go with you but didn't ask. There will be plenty of people alone there too and I am sure you can ask someone to dance with you!" I reassured. "Plus Pinkie and Fluttershy both don't have someone so you can hang out with them!"

"Actually Pinkie did find someone. But you're right Twilight. I'll hang out with Fluttershy and maybe ask someone to dance or wait to be asked. Thanks."

"Glad I can help!"

-----

3rd Person's POV

The ball has started, more and more people were coming. Fluttershy and Rarity stood aside and were talking along with Pinkie and a guy they have never met before who was her date.

Soon Twilight and Sunset arrived. "Shall we go greet them first?" Twilight asked and Sunset replied, "sure!"


Few minutes later Applejack and Rainbow Dash came and joined them. They were all talking together for a while. Twilight felt bit uncomfortable.


Soon after Trixie approached. "Look who do we have here."

Rainbow Dash eyerolled. "We don't have time for whatever you are about to say now." Slow music started playing and everyone was starting to go to dance.

"Oh look, slow dance started! Bye!" Rainbow said as she pulled Applejack on the dance floor. Trixie was furious. Rarity and Fluttershy have also found someone to dance with.

"I'm having an amazing time!" Applejack said.

"Me too!" Rainbow smiled.

"Rainbow, I was wondering, would you maybe want to go out on another date after this one?"

"I would absolutely love to!"

And they smiled at each other and continued to slow dance, their bodies even closer than they were before.

-----

"Hey wanna grab some air?" Twilight asked after dancing for some time.

"Sure!" Sunset said and they went on the balcony.

"It's so peaceful here."

"Yeah."

"Sunset, do you have a crush on me?"

"Obviously!" Sunset laughed.

"I do on you too. To be honest, I've had ever since we met."

"Me too! I was just kinda scared to ask you."

"You were scared to ask me? I was the one who was scared!"

"It just always seemed like you liked Rainbow too so I wasn't sure if you liked me as friends or romantically."

"I did like Rainbow too. Both of you honestly. But after tonight..." she thought to herself and then realized something, so she proceeded, "I don't think I can imagine myself with anyone else other than you!"

Sunset smiled. "I can't imagine being with anyone else either!" she said as she took Twilight's hands in hers. They were very close and both were now with faces only inches apart from each other.


They leaned in and kissed. Right there and then under the sky full of stars in peaceful silence with only sounds coming from nature and the small breeze that was up in the air.


The kiss lasted few moments before they broke apart and both blushed. "Would you want to be my girlfriend?" Sunset asked.

"YES! I would love to!" Twilight excitedly said.


They both stayed on the balcony watching outside and talking for a while.

-----

Fluttershy and Rarity were talking. Suddenly Fluttershy noticed Discord in the corner. He seemed like he was in the rush to go somewhere. Their gazes met and his expression got sad as he quickly turned and left.


"Rarity, I think it's time we go." she said still looking after Discord.

"What? Why?"

"Trust me."
-----

"Hey Applejack!" Twilight came to her. "Do you maybe know where Rainbow Dash is?"

"She went to the bathroom. Why? Did you two have an argument or something? She didn't want to tell me much about it."

"Yeaah, something like that" she said awkwardly.


Then Rarity, Pinkie and Fluttershy came in hurry.

"Get Rainbow and Sunset and we are going now!" Rarity quickly said.

"But it isn't midnight yet" Twilight pointed out.

"Just trust us on this" Fluttershy didn't explain.

-----

The girls came to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

"Oh I don't think this is a good idea" Fluttershy was worried.

"This is an awesome idea!" Rainbow added.

"Let's go!" Twilight was sure.


They have entered the forest and after wandering for a while they noticed some dangerous creature no girl was able to identify. They all kneeled down and waited.


"What do we do now?" Applejack whispered.

"We need to attack him. Someo---"

"Got it!" Rainbow said as she started running towards the creature.

"What in the world is wrong with that girl?" Applejack got angry and scared. She started running after Rainbow.


Rainbow Dash didn't manage to stop the creature and fell down. The creature went to attack her but Applejack quickly came. "Alarte Ascendare!" she said as creature was shot in the air.


When it fell it quickly ran away from them. Applejack turned to Rainbow and helped her get up. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, thanks to you!" Rainbow smiled and hugged her. The rest of the girls came.

"Are you crazy?" Twilight was angry. "It could have killed you!"

"I tried to help!"

Twilight sighed. "Let's all just stick together and have plans next time."

"Fine."


They continued to walk down the forest. After a while they finally came to the cave. It was locked and glowing was coming from inside of it. As they came closer, they noticed tons of Dementors around it.


"Oh no!" Twilight panicked quietly.


One of the Dementors went to attack them. "Expecto Patronum!" someone said and Dementor was defeated.


They all turned around to see Discord. "Fluttershy?" he asked.

There was a longer silence, everyone shocked. But then Fluttershy did something even more shocking.

"Expelliarmus!" she quickly and in panic yelled and Discord was disarmed. His wand fell to the floor and everyone looked shocked at Fluttershy.


She stayed shocked herself too before running to get Discord's wand which she managed to grab before him.

"Fluttershy, I thought we were friends."

"We are! But they are my friends too! I don't want you to hurt them."

"I didn't mean to--- you don't understand" he tried to explain. "Give me back my wand and let's get out of here. I'll explain everything!"

"No!" Twilight cut in. "We need to open the cave, it's Full Moon!"

"You don't know what happens in that cave during full Moon!"

"Well I am about to find out!"

"It's dangerous! We need to get out of here!" he sighed. "Give me the key and I'll solve it."

"Absolutely not!"


"Expelliarmus!"


And just like that Twilight was disarmed and the key fell to the floor. The look of pure shock crossed her face when she saw Sunset was the one who did it. Sunset without hesitation took the key and started leaving the forest back to Hogwarts. They all followed her out. They stopped when they saw Sunset.


"Sunset how could you?" Twilight said, hurt.


"I think you have a lot of explaining to do, Discord!" Sunset said angrily, ignoring what Twilight has just said.

Author's Note:

What was your favourite part of this chapter? Let me know in the comments down below. :D