• Published 26th Apr 2020
  • 3,184 Views, 236 Comments

The Advisors - JustAnotherHistoryBuff



Luna obtains some advisors to get the Royal Guard in shape. Little does she know how many advisors it will take.

  • ...
11
 236
 3,184

Just Another Great Day In The Office

Three days.... It had taken 3 days just to make the clean out the shit stains from the toilets. It took an additional two more days just to make the actual building viable for occupation. Still though, one had to enter the building wearing a face mask just to keep healthy.

Throughout the early hours of the morning, Monty, Shining Armor, Sharpened Rapier, and a few hand-picked staff officers from the guard spent the entire morning placing scented candles in every corner of the building just to replace the smell before they got to work organizing the files. That all on it's own called for several coffee breaks from each and every member of the group... So much so that they had to take all the coffee from the officer's club just to keep going through the morning.

Every now and then, Eisenhower would check in and sometimes try to pitch in as best as he could but he never really could stay long as he still had a leash to keep a hold on Patton as Bradley couldn't do everything like Ike did to keep Patton in line, no matter how hard he tried. At one point, even Luna came in for a few minutes but that was before the candles were all lit and the smell around the still quarantined and soon to be completely demolished bathroom was still... Lingering to say the least. Skipping to the end of that ordeal... Her breakfast decided to take the fast lane upwards. It was only midday when Monty finally was able to go over papers concerning the administration of the Royal Guard with Shining Armor and the others when the first discretion was spotted in the paper work.

The first paper he had picked up from the massive pile was titled "Requisition Form for Vacation Leave Pay". Almost immediately, he cringed as he read over the document. Apparently, said if said document was filled out, one would receive back-pay while vacationing for the standard 2 weeks. How the hell the guard already did not have a back-pay system was beyond Montgomery and even Shining Armor since he claimed that there was a back-pay system well established well before he even was born. The whole entire ordeal was simply rotten. What he did not know though, was the heated debate that was being had between Eisenhower and the princesses.

*** *** ***

Throughout the course of his life... Eisenhower had to argue sense into either those unwilling, those unknowing, or simply those too stupid to comprehend what things meant. With what he was dealing with currently however... he had no idea to do with excuses and nonsense the Princesses were currently giving him.

The whole original purpose of him meeting with the Princesses was to discuss the matter of creating a full blown standing army for Equestria as it was clear that in the event Equestria was ever even invaded, the small and (not right now) elite component of the Royal Guard would not be able to so much as even survive a small skirmish with any sort of enemy force. However, each time he tried to press the matter of it, he was always deflected by some sort of excuse whether it be by possible infringement from the Noble Council, even further centralization which would anger said nobles, or simply not enough money to do such a thing. However, that last one was complete and utter nonsense as Equestria was able to field a rather strong navy (somewhat on the lines of the early 20th century British and German Fleet in terms of size and capabilities) with a rather large budget to compliment it as well. He had the eerie sense that he was simply being bullshitted.

"Alright... I am going to ask you again... and I WANT a straight answer this time. Have I made myself clear?" Eisenhower said, now wearing a facial expression he would normally give to Patton whenever he fucked up.

"Straight answers... got it." Celestia said, nodding her head with her sister.

"Now... why the hell do you guys NOT want to form a standing army. And don't give me the excuses you gave me before because we all know those were horseshit excuses." He deadpanned.

"Well... you see General... we cannot really form an army because..." Celestia stumbled out before pausing, as if trying to make up another excuse. If she was trying to hide it, it was not working because her face was showing a rather nervous expression.

"Well... spew it out now..." Eisenhower said, waiting for the answer.

"Well... the whole matter is extremely complicated as um..." Before Celestia could say anything else, Luna finally decided that enough was enough apparently and put her hoof in front of her sister.

"What my sister is trying to say is that well... the whole entire process would simply be too bureaucratic and both her and I are not exactly sure if the public opinion would be in favor of joining an army and possibly being sent to die in the event of a war." Luna admitted.

"Wait... I get the first part... but why the hell would ponies join the navy if the second part were true? I mean... I am sure a bullet to the brain would probably be better than simply drowning slowly on a sinking ship." Eisenhower said, earning a thoughtful yet nervous look from Celestia and Luna (the latter not really nervous at all).

"That.... is a matter I never really thought of..." Celestia admitted.

"Good... I am glad we have made progress. Now, what bureaucratic red tape is set up against forming a standing army?" Eisenhower asked. Celestia was about to answer until Luna popped out of the room and almost immediately, came back in with a large binder. Taking a quick look inside, Eisenhower could see that this was the "bureaucratic red tape" that was standing up against creating a standing army, along with a large amount of old laws that were never repealed or updated helping with said Red Tape. Turning to the princesses, he could see that Luna had a blank look on her face while Celestia nervously smiled, knowing the mess her reign had caused in the 1000 years Luna was gone.

Author's Note:

Woohoo! Another one done! I am sorry for the complete stop in updates, had to take a break and school was being an annoying... bitch.... as usual (all this online bullcrap needs to stop... especially online AP testing. I swear they are all retards). Anyways... just a few updates for other readers as well... On a Sea of Glass and Ponies is on hiatus until further notice. Schultz Knows Nothing is going to be completed... I just need to make up a good ending... And a new story/more or less sequel to Der Unterseeboot is coming out soon featuring one of my favorite campaigns from a video game. You will get it once you see the title. Until then! See you next chapter!