• Published 29th Mar 2020
  • 330 Views, 7 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Keep Calm & Radiate On, The Nonsensical Diary of Megaspell - MuseoSansPony



Welcome to my diary Random Diary Reader! Hope you enjoy my story and that of Nuclear Horseman Studios!

  • ...
9
 7
 330

Chapters Next
Hello Random Diary Reader!

~WELCOME EMPLOYEE ID 31345 - DUSTY SWEEPS - LAST LOGIN: 123 YEARS, 5 DAYS, 2 HOURS, 3 MINS, 25 SECS~

Dear Diary,

Sweet Celestia, that feels so odd to type after so long. It only took 123 years, 5 days, 2 hours, 3 mins, and 25 secs to get this terminal fixed... at least according to the login screen.

WELCOME EMPLOYEE ID 31345 - DUSTY SWEEPS Megaspell - LAST LOGIN: 123 YEARS, 5 DAYS, 2 HOURS, 3 MINS, 25 SECS

Ok, ok, it didn’t have that name crossed out, but nice to know I can do that in this text file. If only I could edit my profile, Dusty died when the megaspells fell. Long story... um... if well... if this is the first entry you are reading. I guess I control the story, so it should. Hello Random Diary Reader... Can I call you RDR?........ I’m gonna call you RDR.

So RDR, welcome to the story of my life…. ok that sounded super cheesy. Let me introduce myself, I’m Megaspell. Recently hired Mascot/Custodian/PR Pony of Nuclear Horseman Studios. It's been so long since I had a real job, I wonder what I’m getting paid…. ooooh what kind of benefits will they offer?

Right this is the wasteland…. not killing me is probably the only benefit I get. Or well I suppose not kicking them out of MY studio. Wasteland property rights are strange. It functions on squater’s rights. You claim a ruin and live in it long enough... it's basically yours. That’s how I came into the possession of one of the three biggest film production studios in all of Applewood, neigh, all of Equestria! It was called Warmer Mare’s Studios, owned by sisters Warmer Weather and Warmer Greeting. Since they are not around, I can only assume they are dead... but with so many stories across the wastes of wartime ponies surviving through ghoulification, stasis, or some other strange form of arcano-tech…. them still being alive is not out of the realm of possibility.

Sheet, I forgot…. I’m also a ghoul, I think the WSG calls me a Glowing Ghoul. Which is odd because it also says ghouls can’t reproduce. So why would I be glowing?……... oh wait, it probably means because I literally glow…. I thought it was calling me pregnant. Can you imagine me with a child? I’m only 18, far too young for a family…. hold on 18+ about 215 years... eh still too young if you ask me. But, you didn’t and now I’ve made things awkward. Sorry RDR.

Anyways, a lot has happened in the past few days. This unicorn with a broken horn came to the studio. He was accompanied by a pegasus, Alicorn, Earth Pony, wait, no, two earth ponies, one with posh vibes, the other rather raiderish, and a bunny. The bunny was the cutest of the bunch, I just wanted to squish her little cheeks, but we just met...it's too early to get that personal with somepony’s pet…. at least I think she was a pet. First bunny I’ve seen capable of speaking Equestrian.

I ran out to meet them... it had been so long since I’ve had guests. The gangs tend to avoid the studio... even the one composed of celebrity ghouls. I should have expected them to open fire, Variety is always reporting on feral ghouls and other ghoul violence... well the alicorn was the first and only to shoot. The broken horn was angry at her, the raider and the bunny laughed, the pegasus ran past me to see if there were other ghouls, and the posh pony was the first to get me a healing potion.

All in all, an exciting day. I’m not one to hold grudges, but the alicorn still frightens me, even disarmed. It just sucks that physically I’m healed, but now I have open sections showing my bones. They don’t hurt, but I miss my coat. Might start wearing clothes to cover them. I do live in the wardrobe warehouse.

Back to the encounter. Once I was all healed up, the broken horn, Comic “Action” Sans, said he wanted my permission to use Warmer Mare’s Studio. That is how I found out I counted as its owner. Even if some of the studio has collapsed while other parts are overrun with robots. Long story short, I said OK as long as I can be their mascot... and the alicorn, Starry Flame was her name, stays far away from me…. I don’t like getting shot.

So that is how Nuclear Horseman Studios was founded from the ruins of Warmer Mare’s Studios. Action wants to bring back the Equestrian Entertainment Industry. Lofty goals, but maybe he can do it. He’s currently meeting with The Variety of Variety News to get projects broadcast on her radio station. SO COOL!

While he was gone, the pegasus…. um Coolman Stan…. fixed up a few generators and got this terminal working. That’s basically it. Now I’m gonna look at my old entries. Organize them in an order I like, which won’t be chronological because what fun is there in making sense? And check out some other terminal features. Like what is the SITCOM feature? Can’t be about situational comedies... or can it?

Sincerely,
Megaspell
Owner/Mascot/Custodian/PR Pony of Nuclear Horseman Studios

STABLE-TEC INDUSTRIES SPELL-MATRIX OPERATING SYSTEM

Author's Note:

sort of a retelling of the failed ARG put on by Nuclear Horseman Studios...it will be canon to the in-universe NHS and their projects, but only tangentially.

Chapters Next