• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 2,109 Views, 25 Comments

A Mega Blast from the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



The human child of Princess Twilight Sparkle gets a visit from an unexpected friend from his who was from another world.

  • ...
9
 25
 2,109

Prologue: An Unexpected Visitor

Prologue: An Unexpected Visitor


(Twilight Sparkle's Point of View)

I was in my throne room with Spike and my friends. We were all sitting in our throwns, having a conversation. While Nyx and Joshua were at school, it was nice getting some proper time with my friends.

"It's so nice to be able to get used to this place," I said. "Thanks for doing this for me, Nyx and Joshua."

"Are you kidding, Twi?" Rainbow asked. "We'd do anything for you."

"Indeed, darling," said Rarity. "You deserve all of the good reminders you had in the old library."

"Oh, yes," said Fluttershy. "And I am positive that you should be able to enjoy something that reminds you of your home."

"Thanks, girls," I said to them. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Then I checked the time and said, "Oh, it's just about time to go pick up Nyx and Joshua."

"I'll go get them, Twilight," Spike said. "Besides, I kinda need the exercise."

"Alright, Spike," I said to him. "You go on ahead and get them."

Spike nodded and head out of the castle, and to the schoolhouse to pick up Nyx and Joshua. A few minutes after we left, the Cutie Map started glowing.

"What's happening?!" Applejack asked.

"Looks interesting," said Pinkie Pie. "Ooh, ooh, you think we should throw a party for this?"

Then a portal appeared above the map and two figures came out. Both of them looked like bipedal animals, and both of them were screaming as they came out of the portal, and we were all surprised. Both of them were clearly bipedal. One was like a gray fox, and the other one a yellow dog with brown spots. Both of them were wearing gloves and shoes. But the dog had more. A neckerchief, a shoulder belt and a hat.

"We have been falling..." the gray fox started, but took a breath. "...for thirty minutes." I was surprised these creatures were able to speak our language.

"Uh... M.C.?" said the dog. "Where are we?"

The two of them looked around and saw us. The gray fox grabbed the dog, and jumped up onto the roots of the library. The gray fox was hanging off one of the roots and he pulled the dog up to one of the roots, then he spun around and got on that same branch.

"What in Equestria are those things?!" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know," I said. "But they kinda look like human animals." I then got up onto the map and called out. "Excuse me. Who or what are you two?"

"M.C.," said the dog. "Those horses are talking."

"They're too small to be horses," the fox said. "They're probably ponies."

Just then Pinkie Pie appeared up there between the two and said, "We sure are!"

Then the two of them screamed and fell off the root. Right before they were about to collided with the table, I grabbed them in my magic. They were struggling to get out of my magic.

"What's happening?" the dog asked.

"Is this... magic?" the gray fox asked. "I haven't felt a magical aura like this since the Oracle of Delphius."

"I have no idea who that is," I said, "but I guess introductions are in order. I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, the owner of this castle. And these are my friends." I then motioned to my friends, starting with Pinkie Pie. "You already got spooked down by Pinkie Pie." Pinkie responded with a huge smile on her face. Then I motioned from left to right. "Over there is Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash."

The gray fox chuckled and said, "No kidding. I can tell by the two pegasi and that poofy haired pony why they're called that." He then pointed at the three in description. "She's pink, she's shy, and she has rainbow colored hair."

"You sure are a bit ragged," said Rarity to the fox. "Now, can we get your names?"

"Right," said the gray fox. "My name is Prince Michael Crayton. But my friends call me M.C."

"And I'm Ben Muttski," said the dog. "A.K.A. the Mutt. Quick question, where exactly are we?"

"Oh, right," I said. "You're in Ponyville, a small town in the country of Equestria."

"Equestria?" the gray fox asked. "Interesting. I better call..." He was looking at something on his glove and he paused. He then said, "This can't be right. It says that we were in the exact same spot in we were at before we went through that portal. Mutt, we didn't travel through space, we traveled through time. I hate time travel."

"How far did we go?" Mutt asked.

"Ten thousand years in the future," M.C. said. "That's gonna be hard to call for a pick up."

"At least we took care of Darkstrike," said Mutt. "He'll be a stone statue in the time stream for eternity. Even if he did make it out, only you are the one who can turn him back."

"True," M.C. responded. His eyes then turned gold. "Although, this place looks a little more peaceful than back in our time." He then looked over at Fluttershy with the golden eyes. It was freaking her out. "What?"

"I think your mind sight is creeping her out," Mutt said. That made Fluttershy nod.

"Sorry," M.C. said as his eyes went back to normal.

Then the doors opened, revealing Spike, Nyx and Joshua. I then said, "Oh, good. So glad you three made it. These two are..."

"Joshua?" M.C. asked. "Is that you?"

"M.C.?!" Joshua asked. "You're here?!"

"Hold on a second!" called out Applejack. "You two know each other?"

M.C. chuckled and said, "I've come across this kid back on Earth. Wait a minute, what are you... doing...?" His eyes went wide in realization. He then said, "Earth... was destroyed... wasn't it?"

"Yeah," Joshua said. "How did you know?"

Then I had a realization. I asked him, "You were there when Joshua's birth parents made the discovery, weren't you?"

He sighed, then nodded his had and said, "I was. Like I said, Joshua and I crossed paths before." He then looked at the table. "It went down like this."


(M.C.'s point of View)

Flashback...

It was a couple years since I been on Earth. It all started when a crazy evil scientist name Dr. Julien Robotnik, also known as Dr. Eggman, was trying to take over our world for many times. But an incident happened. A huge white explosion of light started eating up living creatures who got swallowed up by it. I was there when the light engulfed me. When I awoke, I was in a lab, being studied by human scientists. I almost got dissected like a frog. That was when I escaped.

I broke out, and headed west. I stopped in a city known as Oakland. I probably shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road. I went out cold. When I came to, I was in a basement. I was strapped to a table, again, and I got out of the straps. The two humans were trying to keep me down, but I told them don't bother. I saw that the two of them were scientists, and they were creating devices to help improve their world. I admired their determination.

They let me crash on their couch for a few months. We then realized that if Chaos Control brought me here, then we could use Chaos Control to send me back. We worked on the plans to send me, and any other Mobians back to our world. But as we were looking for our world, on Joshua's fourth birthday, we made a discovery that a huge meteor shower will eventually hit Earth.

Eric and Sarah were scared, not just for themselves, but Joshua as well. When we were saying our goodbyes, I told that if Eric and Sarah were able to recreate the portal, but has limited power, they would have to keep their kid alive. So, I told them to send Joshua to our world and I would help out anyway I can. I've waited years for Joshua to arrive. Guess they didn't know the timeline. Even if I wasn't there, I told them to write a letter for the first intelligent creature that Joshua sees, and give it to them so they would give Joshua a proper home.

End of Flashback

"And that was the last time I saw Joshua," I said, ending the story.

"So, you're the reason why I was sent here?" Joshua asked. "You were just trying to protect me?"

I smirked and said, "The children are the future. Let them be happy."

Joshua ran over to me, and we hugged each other tightly. I then said, "I won't let anything happen to you." But then I sense something in him. "Something's different about you. I'm sensing some energy from within you."

"I can explain that," Twilight said. "A few days after Joshua arrived, my sister-in-law was told about him and she wanted to meet him. So, I had Spike, Nyx and Joshua pack up for a trip to the Crystal Empire. I was thinking of adopting Joshua, and he was okay with it. So, on the next day, I went to Canterlot to making adopting Joshua official. But, that night, a unicorn's horn appeared on his forehead. Joshua was being turned into a pony. When he was a full pony, we found a spell that would change him back. But, he was able to keep his magic."

"Interesting," I said. "But how did he become a pony in the first place?"

"It was an attempt to take over Equestria by an evil unicorn king named Sombra," Twilight said. "When turning Joshua into a pony failed on him, he decided to kidnap him instead. We rescued Joshua, and Sombra was banished to Tartarus."

"The gate to Tartarus is a thing?!" Mutt asked. "I thought you were just joking."

"I never joke about places like that," I said to Mutt. I then looked at the dragon and the filly with dragon eyes. "I'm guessing Spike is the dragon and Nyx is the filly?"

"Yes," said Twilight. Then Spike started gagging.

"What's up with the young drake?" I asked.

"Wait for it," said Twilight. Then Spike belched and from his emerald green flames a scroll materialized.

"Wow," said Mutt. "That's awesome."

"Yeah," said Spike. "That'll happen a lot." He then cleared his throat and read the scroll. "Dear Twilight, I have sense a huge amount of strange emanating from Ponyville. Whatever it is, reply to me immediately. I would like to know on what you have discovered. Your fellow princess and mentor, Princess Celestia."

"Wow," I said. "She is good."

"You have no idea," said Rainbow Dash. "Princess Celestia is able to lift the sun into the sky."

"Really?" I asked. "It wasn't like that thousands of years ago. The planet was orbiting around the sun."

"Wow," said Twilight. "You just blew my mind. I might have to ask the Princess about that. Spike, why don't you show these two around the castle?"

"Sure thing, Twilight," Spike said. Then Mutt and I followed the young drake as he gave us a tour of the castle.

Author's Note:

If you're wondering, this story takes place after the third episode of season 5.