• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 2,108 Views, 25 Comments

A Mega Blast from the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



The human child of Princess Twilight Sparkle gets a visit from an unexpected friend from his who was from another world.

  • ...
9
 25
 2,108

Chapter 13: Nightmare Night, More than a Fright

Author's Note:

Before you read this, a little heads up. The episode for this story, "Scare Master" came after the episode "Hearthbreakers", so I swapped them both for the proper order. Don't judge me.:flutterrage:

Chapter 13: Nightmare Night, More than a Fright


(Joshua's Point of View)

It was that time of year. Nightmare Night, which means it's this world's version of Halloween. Nyx and I were at Carousel Boutique getting our costumes made. I was going out as Mario again. So my costume had to be adjusted. A lot. Nyx, this time, was going as a night guard. That was a little ironic due to Nyx's story, and because her talent will be protecting Equestria. She looked awesome.

We then headed towards the castle so our friends would be there when we go out for some candy. Too bad this year, Luna won't make it. We then saw M.C. and Mutt heading out with some overalls and some machines on their backs.

"What are you two wearing?" Nyx asked.

"Luna found something in the remains of Nightstone Castle," M.C. said. "Something about a specter with a rainbow tongue and an army of smaller ghosts. I know that ghost. King Boom Boo."

"Wait," said Nyx. "Ghosts are real?!"

"I might not have a proper night sleep," I said.

"And I thought since it was a holiday similar to Halloween, we might as well get some costumes in," said Mutt. "So, I thought we would go as Ghostbusters."

M.C. chuckled and said, "Good thing we have some real ghost catching equipment. This is my usual time to scare the heck out of someone and here I am, busting ghosts. C'mon, Mutt. We got ghosts to bust." Then M.C. pushed a button on his glove and the song "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr. started playing as the two of them headed out.

I started laughing at that. The music was getting quieter and quieter as M.C. and Mutt was getting farther and farther.


Well, that was kind of a let down. It turns out Fluttershy wanted to have some fun during Nightmare Night, but was a little too cautious and scared. But then Fluttershy tried making her own haunted house. It was really sad. I then mentioned that M.C. was really good at scares for Halloween.

"I really hope Fluttershy will get over this," I said.

"I hope you're right, Josh," Mommy said. "Fluttershy just needs some time for herself. Now, aren't you and your friends going out to gather some candy?"

"Oh, right," I said. Nyx and I then ran towards Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Dinky.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

Mutt and I were trying to keep King Boom Boo and his army of ghosts contained. Although, that ghost's laugh was really starting to rattle my chains.

I then had one thing in mind. Use my super speed and create a vacuum. Him and all of his ghost buddies were sucked up, and then Mutt threw in a device that'll lead the ghosts back to the Netherworld where they belong. He then activated it and all of the ghost got sucked into it. When all of them were gone, I stopped running and took in a deep breath.

"Whooo!" I said. "That was more challenging than I thought."

"Yeah," said Mutt. "Good thing we told Celestia and Luna to head back to Canterlot and let us handle it."

Then we heard hoofsteps and we saw Fluttershy walking in.

"Flutters?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I wanted to ask you something," she asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"Can you help me do a little bit of scaring for tonight? Just this once?" Fluttershy asked.

"Seriously?" I asked. "Are you sure?" Fluttershy responded nodding. It seemed that Fluttershy's pet rabbit, Angel, had also nodded. I don't know why he would allow me to help out with the scaring, since last week's incident. He actually tried to cook me. Twilight said that Angel and all of Fluttershy's animals did the same to Rainbow when Twilight accidentally switched the Cutie Marks of all of her friends. But when this if for Fluttershy, he was willing to make an exception.


At the end of that scare, we took things a little too far. At first it was okay, but we went a little too far. At first, it was okay. We took some pealed grapes and made them look like eyeballs. That's a classic prank scare. Then we had Angel Bunny running across the maze with a black cloak. I told him to run around quickly, and not be seen, which'll scare the group.

Then we had some of Fluttershy's birds flying with white bed sheets. And to make them glow, we also had them carry lanterns. We had them chase Twilight, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Rarity towards a tree with a hole in front, and they all fell into the hole. Which I dug. I like to dig. It calms me.

In the cave under there, Applejack noticed Granny Smith in a rocking chair. But when Applejack walked over to her, Granny Smith's head fell off and there was a skull that looks like Granny Smith. Even had a wig. That scared all of them. Applejack thought this was something extra caused by Big Mac and Granny Smith, but that idea died down when they heard Granny Smith, Big Mac and the Cutie Mark Crusaders above them.

Then they saw a huge monster coming towards them. It was actually Harry the bear with a sea monster mask. Rainbow Dash told everyone to run. But then they ran into a really big and really thick spider's web. Twilight saw Harry running towards them, but then she teleported them out of the web and they ran towards the exit, which was on a cliff.

They then heard the sound of wicked laughter. They looked up and saw Fluttershy, dressed as a vampony, hanging off a tree by her tail. Then she flew over towards the group, and they all ducked. Then she flew back and ripped the faked head on Spike's two headed dragon costume. But when she saw that she scared them too much, and she stopped scaring them and apologized.

"Guess we took things a little too far with that," I said while Mutt and I were coming out of the tunnel.

"Yeah," said Twilight. "A little. But, you helped Fluttershy set up all this?"

"I wanted to have them go small, but Angel wanted more and more in this scare prank," I said.

"Well, at least you got Fluttershy out of her comfort zone on Nightmare Night," said Rainbow Dash. "She's been scared of Nightmare Night ever since she was just a filly."

"Yeah," said Pinkie Pie. "We've been trying to get her to open up to Nightmare Night."

"Fluttershy," I said. "How about next time you just hand out candy to the kids. That's all you have to do. And remember, they're just kids in costumes."

"Oh," said Fluttershy. "Well, I guess I can do that. But, I might need a little emotional support with that."

"Have Angel help you up with that," I told her.

"Yeah," said Mutt. "He's a lot helpful to you personally."

Angel nodded in agreement. Then we all left and headed back to our homes. That was wickedly awesome.