• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 2,109 Views, 25 Comments

A Mega Blast from the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



The human child of Princess Twilight Sparkle gets a visit from an unexpected friend from his who was from another world.

  • ...
9
 25
 2,109

Chapter 3: Not So Winter Wonderland

Chapter 3: Not So Winter Wonderland


(Nyx's Point of View)

Well, it was that time of year again. Winter is coming, and all of the ponies are preparing for it. Although, it might be a lot colder in the castle at night. We might as well get a lot of firewood to keep us warm tonight.

Joshua and I just got out of school, and we headed home. Twilight won't be home, but M.C. and Mutt will. We didn't find them in their room, so we checked out the other rooms. This castle has a lot of rooms here. But then we found the two of them in the kitchen.

"Just in time," M.C. said. "Here, I made some hot cocoa." Joshua and I used our magical auras and took the cups of cocoa our of his hands. For an ancient creature, he sure can make a pretty good hot cocoa. "And as for you, Mutt, the warmed up Apple Cider is finished." He then handed Mutt a cup of Apple Cider. Mutt looked up at M.C., who responded with, "Don't worry. I made sure it was the alcohol free cider. I would never serve alcohol to children."

"Good call," said Mutt. "Bottoms up."

"I'm confused," said Joshua. "Why isn't he drinking hot cocoa like us?"

"Mutt's allergic to chocolate," M.C. said. "He gets hives like crazy."

"Its true," Mutt said. "It ain't pretty."

"Where's Twilight?" I asked.

"She's out checking on preparations for winter," M.C. said. "But that really bugs me. Pegasi are in charge of making the weather? Back in our time, the weather worked by itself."

"Along with the weather on my old world," said Joshua. "Although, there were some people who tried to predict the weather, but most of their predictions were wrong."

"Yeah," M.C. said. "That happens a lot. So, we might as well prepare for what's coming. You take your drinks and go on and do your homework."

"Okay," said Joshua and I. We then headed towards our room to get started on our homework.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

It was starting to get cold inside the castle, so I decided to go into town to get some firewood so everyone there would be nice and toasty tonight, for a few hours. I saw up in the sky at the floating city of Cloudsdale. But seeing things from down there, it looks like a hurricane was going on up there.

"What in the name of Celestia's goin' on up there?" came Applejack's voice from my right. I saw, Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike, all of them in winter gear.

"Prepare yourselves, everypony!" said Twilight in worry. "Winter is coming!"

Then a huge amount of snow came down from Cloudsdale, trying to bury everything in sight. Luckily, I ran towards the group, and made a barrier protecting us from the snow. If you were watching outside, you'd see a huge bulge covering up my barrier and all seven of us combined. Then I broke through the ice bubble, and all seven of us climbed out.

"What in God's name was going on up there," I asked.

"I don't know," said Twilight. "But thanks for the quick save."

I then looked around and asked, "Hey, where's Rainbow Dash?" We were answered by the sound of Rainbow Dash screaming as she was coming down fast.

"Everypony! Look out!" Twilight called. But we all didn't move in time, and we all got trampled. We groaned after getting up. Looking over at a bulge of snow, Rainbow Dash came popping out with a tortoise.

She groaned and said, "You okay, Tank?"

The tortoise replied with a yawn. We all then walked towards Rainbow Dash, and Twilight asked, "Rainbow Dash! Are you alright?"

Rainbow Dash sighed and replied, "No..."

I walked up to her and said to her, "What were you doing up there? That was seriously dangerous. What were you thinking?"

Rainbow sighed again and said, "I... I was trying to stop winter from coming to Ponyville so Tank and I would be able to have a good time here."

"Rainbow Dash," I told her. "Tortoises are supposed to hibernate during the winter. You gotta let Tank go. Plus, you won't have to worry. Fun fact about tortoises, they have a life span of 50 to 100 years, give or take on gender and illnesses they receive. And by the looks of this tortoise, he's about 10 years old."

Rainbow Dash started sniffling, and said, "I... I don't want to let go. I need Tank."

"I know, Dash," said M.C. "There are somethings that you can hold onto. But there are a lot of things you have to let go. You have to let Tank go."

Rainbow Dash wrapped me in a hug, and cried into my shoulder. Then the others got into the hug, making it a group hug. I then got myself out of the group hug without any of them noticing.

I then said to them, "Now will you excuse me, I need to get some firewood for the castle, and help clean up all the snow that's covered half of Ponyville." I then headed towards the town to get things done. Hopefully, Rainbow Dash will be better by tomorrow.


(Twilight Sparkle's Point of View)

We were there when Rainbow Dash said one last goodbye to her tortoise, Tank. Rainbow Dash then pulled out a Daring Do book.

"Uh, I'm gonna hang here and read to him a bit," she responded. "That little guy can never get to sleep without a bedtime story. I'll be right there."

Well, she's going to be joining us later for some winter time fun. I hope Nyx and Joshua will be having a lot of fun where they're at. "Oof!" I was caught off guard when a snowball hit me right in the face. I looked over at where the snowball came from and saw Mutt, Nyx, Joshua and their friends with snowballs at the ready. All of them were laughing.

"See, guys?" Mutt said. "The best way to get a clear shot is when you ambush them."

M.C. chuckled and said, "You kids are gonna get it." He then used his Super Speed and created a lot of snowballs. He had five in mid air, and then he jumped, flipped, and then kicked the snowballs towards the kids. He hit Mutt, Joshua, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Twist. "And that's how it's done."

We all then grabbed some snowballs, and started a snowball fight with the kids. It went on for a while. Then Rainbow Dash came in and started throwing snowballs at everypony in sight. Until she was hit by a snowball the size of a dumpster. Turns out, M.C. and Applejack brought up a secret weapon to take out a lot of ponies who would eventually be hit by it. Guess even the beings from the past have a fun time eventually.