• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 2,109 Views, 25 Comments

A Mega Blast from the Past - Mister E-Nonymous



The human child of Princess Twilight Sparkle gets a visit from an unexpected friend from his who was from another world.

  • ...
9
 25
 2,109

Chapter 16: Mysterious Anomalies

Chapter 16: Mysterious Anomalies


(Joshua's Point of View)

Well, Mommy and Spike are out of town working on some speech in Canterlot. But for some reason, M.C. was detecting something that was alerting him from his glove.

Nyx and I followed him and Mutt to where these weird things are coming from. I then asked, "What exactly are we looking for?"

"We're looking for some kind of anomaly that's emanating from somewhere around the Everfree Forest," M.C. said to me. "I've never seen an anomaly this powerful. This anomaly makes Discord's magic anomalies look like child's play."

Then Discord came in with a popping sound and said, "Well, that was really rude."

"Sorry, Discord," M.C. said. "I'm just trying to find out where this anomaly is coming from."

"Hm," he said, putting his eagle talon hand to his chin. "Well, I do detect a lot of strange anomalies coming around here." He then pulled out some sort of anomaly detector with a wand connected to it. "Ooooh. There's a lot of more anomalies coming! Coming at a chaotic level!"

Then a bunch of strange wormholes opened up, with two somethings going through.

"What was that?" Nyx asked.

"I can't see it," M.C. said. "Those wormholes are keeping us from getting us a clear view."

"Just in case, maybe we shouldn't be near those things," Mutt said.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm going home. Whoooaaa!" Apparently, a wormhole opened behind me as I was stepping back, but I fell through.

"JOSHUA!!" I heard M.C., Mutt, Nyx and Discord. I blacked out after I fell through.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

We just saw Joshua fall into a wormhole to an unknown location. Even Discord can't pin-point his exact location.

"Well, I can't pin-point his exact location," Discord said. "I can't find him in our exact reality."

"Well, this is just great," I said, kicking the ground. "What am I going to tell Sparkles when she comes home?" I then got a call in coming from Ava. I then answered it. "What is it, Ava?"

"There's an intruder in the castle," she said through my communicator. "She's doing something."

"What does this intruder look like?" I asked.

"Light purple, dark purple mane and tail with light blue highlights, and a Cutie Mark of some sort of glimmer," Ava said, describing the intruder.

"Starlight Glimmer!" I said. "On our way."

We then rushed over towards the castle, but when we arrived there, Twilight and Spike just got home.

"Ah, crud," I said.

"Hey, guys," Twilight said. "Hey, where's Joshua?"

"Don't know, but there's something bigger going on inside the castle right now," I told her.

"C'mon, M.C.," Twilight said. "Nothing is more important than Joshua's safety."

"Starlight Glimmer is inside the castle as we speak," I said to her.

"WHAT?!" Twilight asked. We then all rushed into the castle. Hopefully Joshua was okay, wherever he may be.


(Joshua's Point of View)

I was waking up to somebody shaking me. I heard a faint cry of distress.

"Wake up. C'mon, wake up."

That sounded like Fluttershy. I just hope it was the same Joshua from Toby's dimension. I opened my eyes, and I did see Fluttershy, but it wasn't the Fluttershy I was expecting. It was the human Fluttershy in the other dimension.

"Are you okay?" she asked me.

"I'm... I'm okay," I told her. I then looked at my hands, which I was lucky to have again. "What happened?"

"I was talking with the Twilight of this world," Human Fluttershy said. "But when I was revealing my magic to her, that device on her started sucking my magic. And a jackalope came through, and her dog chased it through multiple portals surrounding us."

"Wait a minute," I said. "That's was what was going through the portal. Spike the dog and a jackalope. We couldn't see it because the other portals were in the way."

"And then the jackalope ran into another portal, but Spike got caught in the crossfire of Twilight's thing sucking out my magic," Human Fluttershy said. "And now, Spike is able to talk."

"And I'm guessing now he has the same intelligent as us?" he asked.

"I guess so," Human Fluttershy said.

"I should probably get home before someone back their starts to worry," I said.

"Oh," she said. "About that. The portal... is closed for some reason and you're stuck here."

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

"Maybe you should keep your voice down," she told me. "Hang on." She then got out her cell phone and called someone. It's been so long since I've seen a cell phone. "Hey, Sunset? We got a small problem."


I couldn't believe I got a front row seat to the Friendship Games. Although, while the second event was going on, I had to sit next to the human version of Flash Sentry. And it would seem that he has a thing for Mommy. I was a little creeped out, but then the monster vines came out of multiple portals across the field, attacking everyone.

It turns out that Mommy's counterpart in this dimension made a device that was supposed to detect anomalies like M.C. was doing, but it turns out that it was also sucking up the magic it was detecting. Although Rainbow Dash and Applejack were using the magic they had, Rainbow Dash sacrificed her lead to save Sunset Shimmer from being eaten by a plant monster. But Canterlot High still won the second event. The principal of the rival school, Principal Cinch, accused them of cheating. But, we were all waiting for the final event to start.

Between the events, Sunset and the human versions of Mommy's friend told the principal and vice principal about me, and, to my surprise, the principal and vice principal of the school were the human versions of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. What are the odds? Anyway, the human versions of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo let me stay with them until the event was over. But, it would seem that Principal Cinch, and her students were trying to convince the human Twilight to use the magic she had in her device to win the final event. With that much magic, I got a bad feeling. I can feel it.

The third event was about to begin, and the human Twilight was opening the device. Sunset saw what she was doing, and tried to stop her, but was too late. A huge purple orb was growing from the device, sucking in the human Twilight. She held out a hand for her classmates, shouting, "HELP! MEEEEE!"

But she was engulfed by the orb, but inside, she turned into some kind of dark purple angel with a wicked look. She was laughing maniacally and looked towards Sunset and said, "You were right! I didn't understand magic before, but I do now!" She then fired a blast at the statue over where the portal was. Then a tear of reality opened up, and in that tear was Ponyville Town Hall. I couldn't believe what I just saw.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

I couldn't believe what I just saw. Starlight Glimmer opened up a Time Vortex with some sort of spell along with the Cutie Map. Spike looked at the piece of paper that was left behind, but Twilight warned him, and she and Spike were sucked up into the time portal to who knows where or when, leaving me, Mutt, Nyx and Ava to do nothing but watch.

"That... was... insane," I said.

"Where'd they go?" Nyx asked.

"I don't know," I told her. "I'm going to..." I was cut off when the ground started shaking.

"What was that?" Ava asked.

"One way to find out," I told her.

We then ran out of the castle, and up in the sky was a rip in reality. I scanned the rip with my computer glove.

"What's going on?" Mutt asked. "What is that?"

"I don't know," I said. "But that anomaly is thirty times stronger than the other ones we saw."

Mutt brought out his teched up binoculars and looked up at the tear. He then said, "Wait a minute. That's a portal to the human world on the other side of that mirror."

"Incredible," I said. "If that's where those rifts open up, then that's where Joshua has got to be. We have to go up there and find him. And deal with what's going on. But the real question is, how will we get up there."

"Will these do?" Ava asked. Me, Mutt and Nyx looked over at her and saw that she had two hoverboards.

I smiled and said, "That is exactly what we need right now. How did you get these?"

"You left them with me the last time you two visited me on my archaeological findings," said Ava. "Now, you two go up there and save both realities."

"Wait," Nyx said. "If you guys are going, then I'm going to. Joshua is somewhere up there."

I smiled at her bravery. I then said, "Alright. Mutt, Nyx, when we get up there, you two search for Joshua and get any humans around to safety. I'll deal with the problem."

The two of them nodded. I got on one hover board and Mutt and Nyx got on the other. We then headed up through the portal, trying to deal with the problem.


(Joshua's Point of View)

This was a really big problem. The Twilight of this world, or how she was calling herself, Midnight Sparkle, was opening up multiple rifts. She was planning on taking all of the magic of Equestria for herself. And Principal Cinch was trying to run away from the human Twilight, calling her a monster.

"Twilight! You can't do this!" Sunset yelled, trying to reason with the human Twilight.

"Why not?!" said the demon version of human Twilight. "There's a whole other world right there, and it's just filled with magic!"

"But you're destroying this world to get it!" said Sunset.

"So what?" she asked Sunset. "There's more magic there, and I want to understand it all!" She then fired another blast towards the front entrance of the school, where the human versions of Celestia, Luna and Aunt Cadance were standing. But then I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, you freak! Understand this!" Then from straight below the human Twilight, out came M.C. on a hoverboard, hitting the human-demon Twilight in the chin.

"Why you!" she shouted. She then stopped to look at what hit her. "What are you?!"

"Your worst nightmare," he told her. Then he got confused at her appearance. Then he understood in realization. "It can't be... Sparkles?"

"I don't know who you are," she said to M.C., "but you are going to pay for that!" She then fired a blast towards M.C., but M.C. leaned back dodging the blast.

"Dang, girl," M.C. said. "You need to work on your flirting!" He then fired a photon blast of matter, and the human Twilight got pushed back hard. M.C. then got lower on his hoverboard and jumped off of it. He landed next to Sunset Shimmer and asked, "What's the scoop?"

"The human Twilight has been accidentally sucking up Equestrian Magic from me and my friends," she explained. "Her principal wanted her to use the magic she's gathered to win the last event of the Friendship Games."

"That seems a bit rash," M.C. said. "You didn't use magic to win the last event, did you?"

"No," Sunset said. "Well, magic was used but it was Rainbow Dash who used it when the people here were in danger."

"Then that's not cheating at all," M.C. said. "You won the match and didn't use the magic to win the event. So it wasn't really cheating to win." Then Twilight came back more angry than ever. "Her on the other hand..."

"ENOUGH!" Human Twilight shouted while firing a blast at M.C. and Sunset. M.C. grabbed her and his board, and jumped out of the way. Good thing, too.

"Joshua!" came Nyx and Mutt's voices. I looked towards my right and saw Nyx and Mutt running towards me.

"C'mon," said Mutt. "Let's get to safety." He then pulled out a bullhorn and said into it. "Everyone! Evacuate towards inside the school! Help out anyone who is in need of help!"

Then all of the humans ran into the school, but Principal Cinch was pushing all of the other humans out of her way.

"Well, that was rude," I said.

We all ran inside, but Sunset and the human versions of Mommy's friends stayed there, helping out those who were in danger. M.C. kept battling with Midnight Sparkle, keeping her busy.

Sunset then saw the device that the Human Twilight was using. She looked around at her friends, and saw that they were glowing.

Sunset then looked up at Midnight Sparkle and said, "This isn't the way! I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making! I put on a crown and, just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted!"

"Oh, you're wrong," Midnight Sparkle said. "Unlike you, I can have everything I want!"

"No, you can't. Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone!" Sunset said, holding up that device. "True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness!" The device was sucking up magic from Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy. All of them were going into a small orb inside the device. "I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all..." She then closed the device and then she threw it at the ground when she jumped. Then she was engulfed in another light, and she was transforming like the human Twilight, but she had more of a good, lighter aura.

When she emerged, she was wearing a light pink dress with a short white skirt, fiery boots with a symbol of a red and yellow sun, and she had a horn and wings made of golden light.

"The Magic of Friendship!" she said, finishing her sentence.

"Whoa!" said M.C. "You know what, I'm gonna let you take this one!" Then he jumped off of Midnight Sparkle, and landed in front of the school. He then shouted, "Ultra Chaos Shield!"

Then huge shield of golden aura surrounded the school. Then Sunset closed all of the rifts to Equestria so Midnight Sparkle won't go through them. Then Sunset and Twilight fired huge powerful blasts at each other. No matter what, Sunset was losing that fight. Midnight Sparkle was winning, and laughing evilly.

Puppy Spike ran over towards the fight and shouted, "TWILIGHT!"

"Did that dog just talk?" M.C. asked. "Oh, wait a minute." M.C. looked towards Fluttershy and asked, "Sparkles sucked up your magic and he got caught in the crossfire?"

Fluttershy nodded.

Midnight Sparkle looked down at Spike and saw him giving the puppy dog eyes. Twilight's eyes went back to normal and whispered, "Spike..."

Sunset used that as an opportunity, and used as much power she could. That caught Midnight Sparkle's attention.

"NOOOO!" Midnight Sparkle shouted, but was engulfed in light.

Then there was a huge explosion and on the ground, Sunset and Twilight were standing there.


(M.C.'s Point of View)

That was incredible. I've never seen a battle that intense.

Human Twilight recovered and said, "I am so sorry... I didn't mean for any of this to happen..."

"I know," Sunset replied. "And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you."

Then the dog Spike jumped up, and tackled Twilight with her glasses in his mouth. That made the human Twilight laugh.

Everyone came out of the school, knowing that it was safe. The principal of the rival school walked towards, what I'm guessing is, Principal Celestia and shouted at her, "Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games! Clearly, CHS has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

Principal Celestia kept her cool and said, "I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all."

One student from Crystal Prep had the guts to stand up to her, and said, "At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game."

"Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once," Pinkie Pie said.

"That's ridiculous!" shouted Principal Cinch at her student.

"Nope, that's pretty much what happened," said Spike the dog.

"Actually, we're all to blame," said on yellow orange skinned girl with magenta hair, in a sweet tone. But that ended when her mood turned sour. "Mostly it was her."

Principal Cinch growled at her student and then turned her head towards Principal Celestia and said, "Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!"

"Good," said Principal Celestia. "I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings."

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions," said Vice Principal Luna.

"And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog," said Dean Cadance, before giggling.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation," said Spike the dog.

Principal Cinch then looked around. All of the students of both CHS and Crystal Prep were giving her the stink eye. She then groaned angrily, and then just calmed down, turned around, and walked away. I'm guessing she'll never understand friendship. What a total jerk.

Principal Celestia announced to all of the students, "Well, I know these Friendship Games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners."

Then everyone there cheered. Luckily, Mutt, Nyx and Joshua were close to me. This has been an eventful day. I just hope Twilight back home will come and get us out of this dimension.


The next day, the school was cleaned up from all the damage that was taken in. Although, the school is going to have to replace that horse statue on top of the stone podium where the portal to Equestria was. We were hoping that Twilight would be here yesterday. The Twilight we know. Until then, Sunset is letting us stay in her apartment building.

The Twilight of this world, or as we're going to call her, Sci-Twi, is doing better. She was sitting on the steps to the entrance of the school with Spike in her lap. Then Dean Cadance walked up to her and said, "I guess that was one way to finish up your time at Crystal Prep. Pretty sure Cinch will be fast-tracking your application after all of that."

" I've been thinking about it and..." Sci-Twi said. "I'm not so sure now is the time for me to apply to Everton."

"Really?" Dean Cadance asked.

"I may know about a lot of things, but friendship isn't really one of them," said Sci-Twi. "And I'm definitely not gonna learn more about it by being alone all the time."

"So, you're staying at Crystal Prep?" asked Dean Cadance.

"Well, it seems the students here at CHS know an awful lot about the subject," said Sci-Twi. "I don't suppose..."

"You could transfer to this school instead," said Dean Cadance.

"Really?" asked Sci-Twi.

"You'd certainly be missed at Crystal Prep," said Dean Cadance before hugging her. "But I think that's a great idea! I'll be sure to speak to Principal Celestia about it right away."

We were waiting by the portal. Me, Mutt, Nyx and Joshua were sitting on top of the podium where the portal is, and Sunset Shimmer was leaning on the part of the podium where the portal was supposed to be, and the book being held in her folded arms. And I'm guessing it's not open yet.

Fluttershy walked up to Sunset and asked, "Still no word from Princess Twilight?"

"Not yet," said Sunset. "But I think I may have figured out how magic works in this world. We pony up when we're showing the truest part of ourselves. I was so busy waiting for someone else to give me the answers that I gave up looking for them myself. I'm sure there will be more magical problems that pop up in this world, but like Applejack said, Princess Twilight has her own problems to worry about in Equestria. We can't expect her to always be around to help us."

"But maybe I can be?" came Sci-Twi's voice. We all looked towards Sci-Twi and Principal Celestia walking up to us, and Spike the dog was in Sci-Twi's arms.

"It seems we have a new Wondercolt here at Canterlot High!" said Principal Celestia.

"I'm not sure how much help I could be," said Sci-Twi. "But I'd like to try. If you would all give me a chance."

"I'm sure I can count on you girls to help her feel at home," said Principal Celestia.

"You sure can," said Sunset Shimmer, and then she and the other five girls gave Twilight a group hug.


(3 Days Later...)

We have been waiting days for the portal to open. We've been waiting by the portal for it to open. Today, we were having a picnic in front of the portal. It was getting quite boring these past few days. What was taking Twilight so long?

But to answer the question, the portal started rippling. We all looked at it, including Sci-Twi. Then the Twilight we knew came on through.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner!" Twilight said apologizing. "I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop and, honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me!" She then got surprised to see her human counterpart standing right in front of her. It took a few seconds for someone to respond. So, we did.

"Awkward," said Mutt, Nyx, Joshua and I in unison.

Twilight then pointed a finger at her counterpart and said, "Make that the second strangest."