• Published 23rd Nov 2020
  • 8,618 Views, 2,335 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike are back again. This time traveling to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to help three young students in a battle against the darkest wizard ever, Lord Voldemort. Will they succeed?

  • ...
15
 2,335
 8,618

The Forbidden Forest

As the blackened evening sky blanketed the landscape of the Hogwarts grounds, shrouding the realm in darkness, a great evil was at work deep in the menacing Forbidden Forest. Within the dark trees, nothing could be heard but the whistling of the wind. Then the sound of galloping filled the empty air as a large white unicorn sprinted at unearthly speed through the thick foliage.

The poor creature turned back behind itself to catch of glimpse of what’s been chasing it for the last ten minutes. Nothing could be seen, but the creature was no fool. Because it knew, without a shadow of a doubt, something was there… stalking the unicorn… hunting the creature. And while it may not be able to see it, that did not mean it could not see them.

Just when the creature turned its head back around, it immediately stopped in its tracks as a large red hand wrapped around its throat. The unicorn whinnied and struggled to be released, but it was no use. The powerful grip upon its neck proved too strong to break free. The one clutching the unicorn by the neck was none other than the malevolent centaur, Lord Tirek.

“Did you really think you could run from me?” He asked sinisterly.

The dastardly villain released a low evil chuckle, as he opened his mouth wide and began to suck the very magic straight from the unicorn’s horn. The poor beast struggled as best it could but soon found its strength fade and grew weaker by the second. The more magic Tirek drew from the unicorn, the more he grew not just in size alone, but in strength as well. Finally, he absorbed all the magic he’d generate from this unicorn and allowed its weakened body to fall upon the forest floor. As Tirek stared upon the fallen creature, he took in a deep breath as he felt his newfound power flow through his veins.

“An impressive hunt indeed.”

Tirek smirked as he slowly turned his head, catching sight of the approaching Mysterious Benefactor as they appeared from behind him.

“That was no hunt,” Tirek chuckled. “A hunt requires a great deal of effort to capture your prey. This feeble-minded creature was easy to snare. I will say though the unicorns of this realm provide a great deal of magic more than those of my land.”

Indeed, it was a true fact that the unicorns of the Wizarding World have more magical properties than those of Equestria. The only issue being that they were so far behind in evolution, compares to Equestria’s unicorns, that they could never truly use their true potential.

“Well, given the circumstance, we must thank you,” The Benefactor spoke seriously. “Cherish it, because we don’t give thanks quite often.”

“That’s a first,” Tirek remarked.

“We only allow you to absorb their magic and regain our strength simply because it makes it easier for him to get what he wants.”

Tirek thought back to the last few months that passed by. After the failed attempt to destroy the young Potter during the Quidditch game, the Benefactor had no use for him or his cohorts for some time. It was only after a month they finally found use for the trio. They offered Tirek the chance to regain his power once more by draining the unicorns of their magic, in exchange for leaving the bodies behind. It seemed like an odd request at first, but Tirek was not one to deny himself the chance.

“What would you have me do now?” Tirek asked.

“You go and wait deep in the forest,” The Benefactor instructed. “Only when he is finished will you be given further instructions.”

Tirek bowed his head slightly and began to walk off into the forest before casting one last glance toward his ally.

“You never explained why you need the bodies left behind,” He said. “They are useless without their magic.”

The Benefactor merely turned their head toward the centaur, staring with glowing eyes under the hood.

“That is his business and his alone.”

<>

Later that very same night, the Mane and Student Six stood waiting at the entrance to the Grand Staircase. Tonight was the night they’d serve detention along with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. So far they’ve been given no information on what it is they were doing, but they figured whatever it is wasn’t going to be good. The sound of footsteps heading their directions drew them to look and spot the other three Gryffindors walking up alongside them.

“I was worried you weren’t going to show up,” Twilight said concerned.

“Not like we had much choice,” Ron groaned.

“This is so jank!” Rainbow grumbled. “So we were out a little late, so what? That shouldn’t be cause for you kids losing 450 house points and us getting fired!”

“I simply must agree with you there darling,” Rarity nodded. “It seems like such an overreaction to something so small if you ask me.”

“That may be true, but the fact of the matter is that we broke their rules,” Twilight stated. “They have every right to punish us.”

“Come on Twi,” Applejack complained. “Y’all can’t honestly be sayin’ this is right. How can ya be so dog-gone calm ‘bout this?”

“Because we’re supposed to be representing Equestria’s good name with this alliance. And how can we possibly do that if we break the rules? All we can do is everything that we can to get those points back and hopefully McGonagall will forgive us in due time.”

“Hopefully,” Fluttershy whispered. “It makes me sad to disappoint someone like McGonagall.”

“Things have been quite rough after losing all those points,” Harry pointed out. “Have you noticed not a single one of our classmates will even speak to us, let alone look at us?”

Everyone nodded, recalling how throughout the last day since their punishment was issued, none of their Gryffindor classmates uttered so much a single word. It was like they were avoiding them as though they carried the plague or something.

Pinkie sat upon her flanks as she rubbed her greatly swollen stomach. The little colt growing inside her had now been in there for a good several months which meant only four more to go before his arrival. At the moment, however, even he could sense the distress amongst the group, and especially his mommy. He voiced his opinion with uncomfortable kicks to his mother’s tummy, causing the pink pony to groan. An especially hard kick caused her to hunch over.

“Ugh!” She moaned. “Easy there little guy. I know you’re upset; mommy is upset too. But please try to be more careful. Would a double-triple chocolate hot fudge sundae help?”

She reached behind her and pulled out a gigantic dish filled with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Almost comically, her mouth opened to the size of a crater and she dropped the huge sundae down her mouth, swallowing it whole. Giving out a large belch, she rubbed her now soothed stomach and looked up to see everyone staring at her strangely.

“What? I’m eating for two remember?”

Everyone else just shook their heads as they waited. For some reason, Smolder couldn’t stop fidgeting her tail as she paced nervously.

“You okay there Smolder?” Gallus asked concerned.

“I don’t know,” Smolder replied. “I guess I’m just worried about Norbert. I mean aside from me and Spike, dragons are considered illegal here. I hope nothing bad happens to him.”

This caused Gallus to cock an eyebrow and tilt his head.

“I thought you didn’t want to be his mom.”
Smolder immediately stopped pacing, as she rubbed the back of her neck and attempted to hide her blushing cheeks.

“Uh—well—I don’t!” She stammered. “I just don’t want anything bad happening to my own kind you know?”

As she continued to pace, Spike approached his dragon friend and place a claw upon her shoulder.

“I wouldn’t worry about Norbert,” Spike assured. “He may just be a newborn, but he already seems like a pretty tough little guy. Just look what he did to Hagrid’s beard.”

This caused a chuckle to spring forth from Smolder’s throat, as she remembered the little dragon roasting off a good portion of Hagrid’s beard.

“Yeah, I guess that was pretty funny,” She sighed.

Just then, the sound of someone clearing their throat made everyone jump. They quickly turn as Argus Filch approached them while carrying a lantern. As always, he retained the same menacing look on his face.

“Follow me,” He spoke simply.

He then began to stroll down the corridor, as everyone reluctantly followed closely behind. All but Spike left, the dragon being far too young for the punishment that awaited the Students and with the Mane Six assigned to keep watch. Spike waited by the foot of the Gryffindor common room, looking on nervously as the group made their way for detention.

“Good luck, guys,” Spike spoke.

<>

Later, Filch led the group, even the Slytherin Malfoy, through the many corridors till finally they approach Hagrid’s hut just outside the school grounds.

“A pity they let the old punishments die,” Filch said, as they walked. “There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming.”

Hearing that made everyone gulp nervously and quicken their pace. No one really liked being anywhere around Filch, seeing as how he was always so mean. But just hearing him say such talk, they wanted to get away from him as quick as possible.

“Me thought Filch was mean before,” Yona whispered to Sandbar and Ocellus.

“I know, right?” Sandbar nodded. “I bet he still keeps those chains in his office. Remind me never to get on his bad side.”

“Being a Changeling, we usually don’t fear much,” Ocellus said. “But that man… he terrifies me.”

Silverstream shivered as she leaned into Gallus.

“Oh Gallus, I’m scared!” She shook.

Gallus draped a wing over her, drawing her closer as they walked.

“Don’t worry Sil, I won’t let anything like that ever happen to you.”

Silverstream smiled up at him, giving him a quick peck on the beak as they drew closer to Hagrid’s hut.

“You’ll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight,” Filch said. “He’s got a little job to do inside the dark forest.”

As they got close, Hagrid emerged from the hut with his dog Fang. He held a lantern in one hand and a giant crossbow in the other. Already this didn’t seem to be off to a great start.

“A sorry lot this, Hagrid,” Filch said.

Hagrid gave no response, other than a sniffle, as he loaded the crossbow.

“Oh, good God, man, you’re not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?”

Smolder glared at the creepy caretaker, seriously tempted to roast his hindquarters for talking down about Norbert in such a manner. Concerned, Twilight approached the poor giant man and patted him on the side.

“What’s wrong Hagrid?” She asked concerned.

“Norbert’s gone,” Hagrid sniffed.

Now ‘this’ really got Smolder’s attention.

“What?!” She yelled. “Where did he go?!”

“Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony.”

“Well, that’s good, isn’t it?” Hermione asked. “He’ll be with his own kind.”

“Yeah, but what if he don’t like Romania?” Hagrid argued. “What if the other dragons are mean to him? He’s only a baby, after all.”

“I swear if any other dragon messes with him, I’ll roast them alive!” Smolder threatened.

Everyone’s eyes widened, as they looked at the young dragoness. The moment Smolder notified their gaze, she blushed again.

“Not that I care or anything.”

“Thank ye nonetheless Smolder,” Hagrid thanked her.

“Oh, for God’s sake, pull yourself together, man,” Filch groaned. “You’re going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you.”

“The forest?” Malfoy asked nervously. “I thought that was a joke! We can’t go in there. Students aren’t allowed. And there are…”

The distant sound of howling caused him and the others to go stiff for a moment.

“… Werewolves.”

Hearing this, Fluttershy tensed up tenfold and hid herself behind Rarity. Leaning her quivering head out, she stared frightenedly toward the forest.

“A-A-Are t-t-there really w-werewolves in the f-f-forest Mr. Filch?” She quaked.

Filch stared down toward the frightened Pegasus with a menacing smile.

“Oh there’s more than werewolves in those trees, miss. You can be sure of that.”

Fluttershy squeaked with fright and went back to hiding behind Rarity. The fashionista glared at Filch as she tried her best to soothe Fluttershy.

“Nighty-night,” He spoke.

Filch then walked back toward the castle, as everyone looked after him.

“There’s something seriously wrong with that dude,” Rainbow commented.

“Totally!” Pinkie nodded.

“Agreed!” Applejack added.

“Kind of psycho,” Gallus agreed.

“More like ‘totally’ psycho,” Smolder corrected.

“Right, let’s go!” Hagrid beckoned.

<>

In the forbidden forest, the group traversed through the dark foliage along a path to a dead tree. Hagrid stopped, bent down, and dipped his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulled out his fingers, rubbing them closely together. As the group looked upon the silver trail smeared along his fingers, Rarity and Twilight’s eyes widened fearfully and their lips quivered with fear.

“Hagrid, is that what I think it is?” Rarity asked terrified.

“’Fraid so,” Hagrid nodded.

“Hagrid, what is that?” Harry asked.

“What we’re here for. You wanna tell ‘em, Twilight?”

Twilight gulped loudly, as she gazed upon the glimmering puddle at Hagrid’s feet.

“That’s unicorn blood,” She croaked.

“That’s right,” Hagrid confirmed. “I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one’s been injured bad by something.”

As Hagrid explained, Harry thought he say a large, cloaked figure walk through the trees. Perhaps it was the trick of the moonlight or perhaps… something else. He slowly turned his attention back to Hagrid.

“So, it’s our job to find the poor beast,” Hagrid continued. “Ron, Hermione, Applejack, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Ocellus, and Smolder you’ll come with me.”

“Okay,” Ron whimpered.

“And Harry, you’ll go with Malfoy, Twilight, Rarity, Sandbar, Yona, Gallus, and Silverstream.”

The arrangement of the team left Draco grimacing, as Harry nodded his head.

“Hold on a minute,” Malfoy cut in. “That leaves us with a one-man disadvantage.”

“Sorry, ran outta folk ta pair ye with.”

“Okay. Then I get Fang!”

“Fine,” Hagrid nodded. “Just so you know, he’s a bloody coward.”

The group all turned toward Fang, who whined as he looked around the forest.

“Great…” Gallus muttered dryly.

<>

With both groups split up, the team led by Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy strolled through a section of the forest. Even with Fang leading beside him and the one student holding the lantern, naturally Draco was far from pleased.

“You wait till my father hears about this,” Draco muttered. “This is servant’s stuff.”

“You’re the one who insisted on carrying the lantern,” Sandbar replied.

“Oh don’t patronize me!”

“We don’t like this arrangement any more than you do,” Twilight spoke up. “But until we find whatever’s responsible for the unicorns’ disappearing, we have to work together.”

“We better be able to get some points for this,” Gallus replied.

“If I didn’t know better, Draco,” Harry spoke. “I’d say you were scared.”

“Scared Potter?!” Draco scoffed.

“Well it’s a natural instinct to feel scared, young man,” Rarity replied. “This place just reeks of memories of the Everfree Forest, and it’s no pleasant stroll either.”

“At least we can all be scared together,” Silverstream replied, smiling nervously. “There’s no problem being scared, right Yona?”

“Scared?!” Yona cocked an eyebrow, standing boldly. “Yona not scared; yaks no fear nothing! Yaks best at hunting monsters going bump in the night.”

“That’s comforting…” Draco replied sarcastically.

All of a sudden, a single howl stopped the group in their tracks.

“Did you hear that?”

“Oh yeah… we heard it…” Gallus nodded slowly.

“Come on, Fang,” Draco called out, muttering silently. “Scared…

“Professor Twilight, if we ever get through this alive,” Silverstream spoke, worriedly. “We’ll never complain about detention back home again.”

“Just keep your eyes open and stay very close to us,” Twilight instructed. “And do… not… stray…”

Soon enough, they group find themselves upon a flat ground deep in the woods. All around them, gnarled roots grew from every corner. They silently searched these very grounds hoping to catch sight of whatever monster was stalking the unicorns. All of a sudden, as Fang sniffed the area, he stopped… then growled.

“What is it, Fang?” Harry asked.

Sandbar looked ahead for a moment and all at once, her eyes went wide with fright.

“Guys…” Sandbar whispered harshly. “Professors… Haaaaaaarrrrry….”

Everyone faced the young ponies direction and just as they looked, they too were scared. Up ahead of them, a cloaked figure crouched over the fallen remains of a dead unicorn. To the shock and horror of the group, the mysterious being appeared to be drinking its blood from an exposed wound. Rarity nearly screamed, when Twilight quickly placed her hoof over her mouth trying to keep quiet as they observed the being.

Just then, Harry gasped and grasped his scar, feeling it burn so badly that he was in pain. Before anyone else could react, the figure slowly raised its head, and growled at the intruders as silver blood dripped from its mouth. Draco screamed out of pure fire and ran away with Fang.

“HELP!!!!!!” Draco screamed in the distance.

“Yeah… good idea!” Gallus called out sarcastically. “Just leave the scary monster to us… great!”

Left to fend for themselves, Harry and the Equestrians stood before the mercy of the menacing figure. The terrible being slowly slid over the deceased unicorn and rose erect. The chilling vibes of this menacing figure sent shivers down their spines, as they looked on wide-eyed.

“Yak not scared…” Yona whispered frightfully. “Yak not scared… Yak not scared…”

“Leave the kids alone you beast!” Rarity cried out.

Together, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle stepped in front of the students, their horns radiating magic, and they fired magic beams toward the being. But to the shock of the two ponies, the figure merely cast a hand as if brushing the magic aside and the beams exploded against the nearby trees cutting them down. Shocked momentarily, the two mares kept firing beams toward the being who kept advancing toward the group as the beams seemed to miss him entirely.

Frightened, Harry Potter tried to back away, only to trip over an exposed root. He crawled backward as the kids looked on.

“What are we going to do?!” Sandbar asked. “That creature’s dodged every shot!”

“Kids, you must take Harry Potter out of here!” Twilight called out. “Get back to the school while we hold them off!”

Silverstream looked towards their two Professors briefly, before facing her friends and eventually Harry Potter. She could see how scared the boy was, the terror swelling within his eyes. Seeing him so helpless despite his initial bravery, Silverstream’s fear shifts into fierce determination.

“No…”

“Sil?” Gallus spoke, before Silverstream took his arm.

“No… we were told not to stray and we’re keeping our word! We may not be the strongest Wizards in school, but we never abandon our friends.”

With Gallus close beside her, Silverstream led him to the front standing beside Twilight and Rarity. Sandbar looked ahead before facing Yona, her eyes shut from fear and her frame shaking as if she were cold. A breath escaped his lips before he approached his friend and placed a gentle hoof upon her shoulder. Yona looked up nervously, till her eyes met the reassuring gaze of her pony friend. A wave of relief washed over her, as her eyes gleamed slightly before she stood right up and marched onward with Sandbar following behind.

Harry Potter looked on as the students and their teachers stood in front of him, as if forming a wall. The teachers in turn were stunned to see the students standing beside them, but no argument was made. Instead they turned back toward the monster slithering toward them like a slippery snake. Scuffing the ground with their hooves, the ponies prepare to charge with their horns aimed toward the monster and the students preparing to join.

Suddenly, the sound of additional hoof-beats drew their attention. And all at once, a figured leaped over Harry and the others and landed just inches near the cloaked figure. A silver centaur, standing seven feet tall or more, with white-blond hair reared before the figure, kicking its fore-hooves against the looming threat. As if intimidated by the beast, the cloaked figure silently retreated, flying away through the mist before fading into the night.

With the threat over, the students sighed with relief as the teachers’ horns dimmed. Sandbar and Yona turned back and helped Harry to his feet as the rest looked on silently. Before the group, the centaur turned toward the nervous party. His ‘astonishingly’ blue eyes gazing upon them as he slowly approached.

“Harry Potter, Princess Twilight,” The Centaur spoke. “You and the others must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you.”

“You… just… saved our lives?” Silverstream questioned.

“Who are you?” Twilight asked, straight forward.

“I am Firenze, a representative Forbidden Forest Centaur colony,” He introduced himself. “For years, our colony have made the borders surrounding Hogwarts our home. It is our duty to ensure that all the species who reside in these parts remain safe from harm and to keep the likes of you from stepping into these woods. When I saw that beast was about to kill you, I just knew I had to stop that from happening.”

“But what was that thing you saved us from?” Harry asked curiously.

“A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death… but at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life. Your teachers would know this very well.”

“Actually, we were taught about this curse in Celestia’s school,” Twilight recalled. “I always thought it was just an old pony’s tale, to get us to sleep or keep us from misbehaving. But after further research… I realized there was more ‘truth’ than I ever imagined.”

“Risking a curse just for an extension of life,” Gallus spoke. “But who would choose such a fate?”

“Can you think of no one?” Firenze asked.

The group pondered over that question, based on their observation over being and what it was doing with the unicorn. Harry Potter slowly began to put the pieces together.

“Do you mean to say… that that thing that killed the unicorn… that was drinking its blood… that was Voldemort?”

“Voldemort?!” The Students gasped.

“No wonder our magic couldn’t touch him,” Rarity replied. “That’s why he went after the unicorns of this forest, and us! He’s trying to use the blood to replenish himself, so he could keep himself alive.”

“And we’d have been killed before you stepped up to save us,” Twilight added. “We do appreciate it, truly. It’s just… for a moment, you reminded me of…”

“Lord… Tirek?” Firenze answered.

“You know about Tirek?”

“Yes, Princess Twilight… for thousands of years, from the day the alliance between Hogwarts and Equestria held strong, there is not one centaur who did not know of Lord Tirek, the son of King Vorak and Queen Haydon. Tirek… with magic far beyond the likes my people are able to conjure. But he perverted everything he was taught in his pursuit to use for evil, to keep stealing magic between our worlds. And by invoking such power, he not only risked the stability of our worlds, but in turn our kind has been put at odds with the wizarding world and those of Equestria for generations forever blaming us for a crime we didn't commit.”

“He did…” Twilight replied. “I… I had no idea. And now as if our problems weren’t enough, now an ancient being turned out to be alive and even in his weakened state we couldn’t stop him.”

“Now tell me Twilight,” Firenze spoke. “Do you and the students know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?”

“The Philosopher’s Stone!” Harry realized.

“The Stone!” Yona gasped.

“That’s why Voldemort is out here at the edge of the forest,” Gallus analyzed. “He’s not just hunting unicorns for their blood; he knows that the stone is in the school just as we found out. And now he’s trying to rebuild his strength so he can discover a way into the school just to find it.”

“And if Voldemort ever gets his cold hands on that stone…” Silverstream added.

“Our worlds are in grave danger!” Sandbar concluded.

Just then, Fang’s barking interrupted them, and the group turned around. Hagrid, along with Hermione, Ron, the other Equestrians, and ‘even’ Draco appeared. Hagrid had his crossbow at the ready, until he saw Firenze standing before the others. As if seeing an old friend, he lowered his weapon.

“Harry!” Hermione called out.

“Are you guys okay?” Smolder asked.

“Well… nothing a few years of therapy won’t fix,” Gallus replied.

“When Draco came runnin’ and screamin’ ‘bout monsters in the forest, we came as soon as we could!” Applejack spoke.

“Where is the monster?” Rainbow looked around, her hooves up. “Did we miss him?”

“Thanks to dear Firenze here,” Rarity pointed out. “The centaur came and saved us.”

“A centaur?” Pinkie asked, looking up at the creature. “This centaur? Hold on a moment I need to drop something.”

Pinkie Pie pulled out both a glass cup and a pitcher of water, which she slowly poured into the cup. She then held the cup over the ground, before dropping it, and it shattered to pieces.

“Hello there, Firenze,” Hagrid greeted. “I see you’ve met our young Mr. Potter and his friends. You all right there, fellas?”

“We are now,” Silverstream sighed.

Harry Potter merely nodded as he and the others turned back toward Firenze.

“Harry Potter… Princess Twilight… this is where I leave you,” Firenze declared. “You’re safe now. Good luck.”

Firenze makes to leave as the group looked toward him, as the other Equestrians regrouped with their friends. The moment Fluttershy’s eyes gaze upon the dead unicorn, she silently cried with one hoof over her mouth as she leaned onto Rarity, who soothed her gently. Twilight Sparkle just turned to look at her fellow brethren, haunted by the vision of a dead unicorn, until…

“Princess Twilight!”

Princess Twilight lifted her head in response and turned back toward the distance. There Firenze stood, looking back toward the Princess of Friendship.

“The planets have been read wrongly before now, even by centaurs,” Firenze stated. “I hope this is one of those times.”

And with that said, Firenze continued off before disappearing through the dark wood. While she did not know if they would ever see him again, this moment she would not forget. For the first time in history, a centaur, once a feared enemy of Equestria, suddenly came to their aid and saved them from a terrible fate. Twilight took this time for this reality to sink in, as her expression softens as she looked on.

“Thank you…” She said softly.

<>

Following the incident in the Forbidden Forest, all the students gathered into the Gryffindor common room while Twilight and her friends went back to their own rooms to console each other. The students, along with the Gryffindor trio, sat by the fireplace trying to recover from the terrifying ordeal. Among the group, Spike sat alongside them having just received a recap of tonight’s events.

“So… you guys mean to say that ‘You-Know-Who’s’ out there, right now, in the forest?” Spike asked.

“Yeah little buddy,” Sandbar replied. “We didn’t get a good look at his face, but there’s no denying he was powerful.”

“Boy… good thing Twilight recommended me not to go out there with you guys.”

“Yak fear no monster, but You-Know-Who…” Yona shuddered. “Yona never sleep again.”

“But keep this in mind Yona,” Harry reminded. “He’s weak. He’s living off the unicorns. Don’t you see? We had it wrong!”

“What do you mean?” Ocellus asked curiously.

“Snape doesn’t want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again.”

“But that means…” Spike wondered, realizing. “He’ll come back!”

“But if he comes back, you don’t think he’ll try to… kill you, do you?” Ron asked.

“I think if he’d had the chance, he might’ve tried to kill us tonight,” Harry answered.

“To think I’ve been stressing over the Potions finals,” Ocellus spoke. “But now all of a sudden, it doesn’t matter how much points we gather for our house or all the classes we have to pass. The arrival of Lord Voldemort changes everything.”

“And I have a hunch that Voldemort and Snape aren’t working alone,” Smolder added. “If what Professor Twilight and the others say are true, that Tirek and his cronies were free to cause havoc in all the worlds they visited… there’s no doubt that they are playing their roles here. That would explain why I thought something was off with Madam Hooch during the Quidditch game and why her eyes looked ‘familiar’. If Chrysalis assumed her identity and orchestrated that attack…”

“Then Smolder is right and they’re ‘all’ here,” Gallus concluded. “I bet they’re just biding their time before Voldemort can fully return to finish what they started."

“Hang on a minute!” Hermione spoke up. “We’re forgetting one thing.”

The students and Spike both glanced at Hermione.

“And what would that be, Hermione?” Silverstream asked.

“Who’s the one wizard Voldemort always feared?”

“Um… Starswirl the Bearded?” Sandbar guessed.

“Gandalf the Gray?” Pinkie popped in.

The kids turned toward Pinkie Pie, who’s head stuck out through the open doorway. They stared blankly at the Pink Party pony, not uttering a single response.

“Thought I might jump in,” Pinkie replied, before backing out.

“Dumbledore,” Hermione continued, speaking to Harry. “As long as Dumbledore’s around, Harry, you’re safe. As long as Dumbledore’s around, you can’t be touched.”

Though Hermione offered a reassuring smile and despite nodding in agreement, a bit of doubt still panged along Harry’s face. One moment they were mostly concerned over how to redeem their house after losing all those points, just to uncover the mystery of the Philosopher’s Stone. But now that Voldemort is confirmed to be alive somehow, working his way to restore himself to his full power, this further increases the urgency to find the stone. For should its power fall into the wrong hands, it won’t be just Hogwarts that faces the wrath of the Dark Lord… but the home of his friends will be at risk too.

“Well for our sakes,” Spike spoke up. “Let’s hope Dumbledore has no intent of going anywhere.”