• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,764 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,764

Arrival

Sunset Shimmer left the bus with her friends close behind her. Her confidence wavered as she neared the inside of Canterlot High, and she looked back.

"We've got your back," Rainbow said, giving Sunset a thumbs up.

"Professional Friend Hugger, reporting for duty!" Pinkie threw Sunset a salute.

"You've got this," Fluttershy said with a supportive smile.

"Even when we go to our separate classes, we'll be thinking of you, darling," Rarity said.

"Just remember, we're all a text away," Applejack said.

Sunset smiled warmly. "Thanks, guys." She turned to Twilight. "What are you going to do? You're not exactly a student here..."

"Oh, I'll be around. You don't have to worry about that."

Rarity yelped, and Sunset turned around to see that her friend's sister, Sweetie Belle, had hugged Rarity from behind. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo followed shortly after.

"Hey, Squirt," Rainbow said as she ruffled Scootaloo's hair.

"Y'all feelin' any better after yesterday," Applejack asked Apple Bloom.

"A little."

Sweetie Belle let go of Rarity, then looked at Sunset. "What about you?"

Sunset gave Sweetie a faint smile. "I've got great friends. I think I'll be just fine."

...I wish I believed that.

"Hey girls," Twilight said as she waved.

"Twilight?!" The Crusaders' jaws dropped.

"What in tarnation are ya doin' here?"

Twilight gestured to Sunset. "Friendship emergency."

"...Oh." Apple Bloom looked away, frowning slightly.

"Don't look so guilty, Apple Bloom. Rainbow told me everything, so I know you three are innocent."

Apple Bloom smiled. "Well that makes me feel better. Thanks!"

"You know," Twilight said to Rainbow. "You never told me what happened to Trixie and... what was the other girl's name again?"

"Wallflower. Wallflower Blush." Rainbow folded her arms. "Yeah... I don't see them anywhere."

"Twilight Sparkle!" A voice familiar to the Princess called her out.

Twilight turned around to see Principal Celestia. "Principal Celestia! Good to see you again!"

"What brings you back to Canterlot High?"

"I'll catch up with you on that during first period."

Principal Celestia nodded. "Understood."

Scootaloo approached Principal Celestia. "What happened to Trixie and Wallflower?"

Principal Celestia's smile faded. "They were suspended."

Several of the girls hissed through their teeth, while others grit theirs.

"I didn't like having to discipline them after all that. It felt like I was adding insult to injury..." Principal Celestia sighed as she put a hand to her forehead. "...but I had to. Whether or not they felt remorse over their actions."

"Did they," Asked Twilight.

"Yes... very much so, Twilight."

"Oh, I can only imagine what they're going through right now," Fluttershy said softly with a worried expression.

"Speaking from experience, I'd say a lot," Sunset said as she folded her arms.

Flash Sentry hurried down the hall upon seeing Sunset. "Sunset! I just wanted to check in..." He paused upon seeing Twilight, then blushed. "...Hey."

Twilight blushed in return, smiling awkwardly. "H-Hi, Flash."

Sunset grinned. "You two need to be alone for a while?"

"Not in here," Celestia said sternly.

Everyone laughed.

Twilight sighed. "We'll catch up later, Flash. Right now, I'm here for Sunset."

Flash nodded. "I get it. Guess I'll see you later then."

Sunset smiled and rolled her eyes. "Thanks for checking in on me."

"No sweat, Sunset!" Flash made finger guns, then headed off.

"Hey, that rhymed!" Pinkie giggled.

The school's bell rang, and all the girls exchanged glances.

"Well, I suppose we must now all go our separate ways," Rarity said with a slight frown. "At least, those of us who don't have a class together."

"Just remember", Twilight said as she walked with Principal Celestia to her office. "We're all only a text away."

Everyone went to their classes, and Sunset sighed. She began to walk to her class when a tall, burly blue student walked up to her. His brown eyes twinkled as he waved. "Hey, Sunset."

Sunset blinked. "...Curly Winds?" She didn't know too much about Curly Winds. She had found it a little unusual that he would walk up to her, let alone speak with her.

Curly walked alongside Sunset. "I just wanted to see how you were doing after... well, you know." He put his hands in his pockets, feeling sheepish about bringing up yesterday's incident.

"I'm hanging in there." Sunset stopped for a moment. "Hey, where's..." She trailed off, struggling to remember his boyfriend's name.

"Wiz Kid?"

Sunset nodded.

"He and I have different classes during first period." Curly smiled. "We may be dating, but that doesn't mean we have to be together all the time."

Sunset smiled. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense."

"So what was it like? When you grew those ears and that tail during the Battle of the Bands?"

"It was like a combination of adrenaline and bliss. I couldn't help but smile once I knew I was going to transform! I just felt so..." Sunset sighed happily. "...so accepted. All the hard work that I put into gaining everyone's trust had paid off!"

Curly put a hand on Sunset's shoulder. "You are accepted, Sunset. You always will be."

The warmth of Curly's hand felt assuring to Sunset. "Thank you. It's good to know that."

"Before you go to your class, there's just one more thing."

"Yeah?"

Curly embraced Sunset, who gasped. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"F-For what?"

"Sorry for doubting you'd changed. Wiz and I were part of the mob in the cafeteria." Curly sighed heavily. "When you... when you screamed, we both felt terrible. We wanted to visit you in the nurse's office right off the bat, but Nurse Redheart insisted on a limitation of visitors."

Sunset slowly returned the hug. "That means a lot to me, Curly," she whispered, feeling his love and friendship practically radiate from his body warmth.

Curly laughed softly. "I figured it would." He broke the hug. "Well, I won't keep you any longer. I've got a class of my own to catch, after all! See you around!"

"Say hi to Wiz for me, would you?"

Curly Winds nodded, then headed to his class.

Sunset felt a little lighter as she arrived at the classroom.