• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,721 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,721

Guilt and Shame

Trixie's guilt subsided, and she finally found the willpower to get out of bed. She heaved a sigh as she ran a hand through her hair, then went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Trixie entered the shower, and a fresh pang of guilt hit her as she imagined Sunset crying to herself. She grit her teeth and muttered under her breath. She hadn't even been awake for an hour and she had spent a majority of it suffering! And this was only the first day!

"How," Trixie whispered, baffled. She felt like she was losing her mind, and yet Sunset Shimmer endured guilt for months! Was it because this whole mess gave her a brush with empathy? She shook her head. That was just part of it. Sunset also had friends... five of them. All she had right now was Wallflower, and they were both forbidden by their parents from communicating with each other for a week!

Trixie put her head in her hands and sighed heavily. If she had to talk to someone, it would have to be her parents... and they were and still are royally pissed at her! She shook her head slowly. This wasn't something she could just hold in. There was no choice for her.

Trixie got out of the shower, got dressed, then headed downstairs.


Wallflower completed her descent of the stairs, dreading having to look her parents in the eye. Would they even be here? Would she be all by herself? She couldn't decide which would be worse: being alone or having to face her parents. Suffering alone would be too lenient a punishment for what she had done.

Wallflower entered the living room and saw the greenhouse from outside the window. She grit her teeth, knowing that one of the few things that kept her together was unavailable as a consequence of her actions.

"Good morning."

Wallflower yelped in surprise, then turned around to see her mother.

"Did you sleep well," Erica asked.

Wallflower looked away and shook her head.

"After that stunt you and Trixie pulled, I'm not surprised."

Wallflower flinched, the memory of Sunset's scream still all too fresh in her mind. "I... I-Is dad at work," she asked quietly, then flinched again as the sounds of Erica's sobbing echoed in her head.

"He is."

The sobbing in Wallflower's head continued, and she clenched a hand into a fist. She wanted it to stop, but knew it wouldn't. "S-So... h-how are you doing?"

Erica folded her arms. "A little better than I was last night."

The sobbing grew louder, and Wallflower's breath stuttered. "Y... You aren't going..." she paused, but the compulsion was too great. "T... To cry again, a-are you?"

Erica raised an eyebrow. "Why would I do that? I cried all my tears last night."

A lump grew in Wallflower's throat. "Please... please don't cry." The sobbing persisted.

"Wallflower?"

"Please... don't cry..." Wallflower sniffled, then burst into tears as her mother's sobbing became a wail. He knees buckled, and she collapsed on the floor.

Erica walked up to Wallflower and held her tightly.

"P-Please d-don't cry," Wallflower said between sobs.

"I won't," Erica said softly.

Wallflower buried her head into Erica's shoulder and let all of her emotions flow out.


Trixie reached the kitchen, where both of her parents waited.

"Well," a light blue man said with a raised eyebrow. "If it isn't Anon-A-Miss." His violet eyes narrowed.

Jackpot, Trixie's father, was an illusionist, and the one who had inspired Trixie to become one as well. He took every aspect of his line of work very seriously. While he was normally a good-humored man, he had become appalled by Trixie's plan. Not simply because of the harm that it had caused, but also the fact that she had used her old stage name as an alias! In doing so, he felt that his daughter had brought shame to her craft.

A blonde-haired woman who sat at the table rolled her grey eyes. She put a light brown hand to her forehead with a sigh.

"I saw that, Spectacle," Jackpot said, his irritation clear in every word.

Spectacle, Trixie's mother, was a street magician on par with Jackpot. The two had met after a show, hit it off, and the rest was history.

Spectacle was always a faithful wife and devoted mother, and strived to see the best in people.

Spectacle sighed. "Jackpot, can't you see she's been through enough already," she asked, gesturing to Trixie.

Jackpot scoffed. "She's just being overdramatic to gain sympathy like she always does when she gets in trouble."

Spectacle folded her arms. Jackpot had a point. He had given Trixie the benefit of the doubt many times over, and each time left him frustrated with her.

Trixie heaved a sigh, then remained silent as she opened the cupboard and took out a protein bar.

Jackpot and Spectacle gave each other worried glances. It wasn't like Trixie to stay quiet for this long unless something was truly bothering her.

"Trixie..." Jackpot frowned as he watched her leave the kitchen, then turned back to Spectacle.

"Now see what you did," Spectacle asked as she threw her hands up.

Jackpot put a hand to his forehead as heat rushed to his face. He felt terrible, but not, he imagined, as terrible as Trixie must have felt.

Jackpot sighed. After seeing Trixie in such a state, it went without saying that he needed to apologize to her.

"I'll be back in a few minutes."

Spectacle nodded with a smile. "Take your time. She clearly feels awful about what she and that other girl did."

Jackpot returned the smile. "You know I always right any wrongs of my own doing."

"That you do, honey... that you do. Now go up there and cheer Trixie up. She looks like she really needs it."

With a cleared head and love in his heart, Jackpot cracked his knuckles and neck, then headed towards the stairs in the hopes of comforting his beloved daughter.