• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,739 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,739

A Private Conversation

Author's Note:

Apologies for the long wait (again :twilightsheepish:) I'm very proud of how this turned out and I hope you all enjoy it!

Sunset stood still, surprised. Out of all the people she’d expect to want to talk to her today, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were not on her list! “I… don’t see why not,” she said with a shrug.

Diamond Tiara heaved a sigh of relief. “Good.” She looked left, right, then leaned towards Sunset. “Can we go somewhere private? I don’t want anyone else to hear what I want to talk about.”

Sunset tilted her head in uncertainty. From what she’d heard from her friends and the Crusaders, this sort of behavior from her was unusual… all the more reason to give her the benefit of the doubt!

Sunset nodded, and the three walked away from the classroom. On the way, she couldn’t help but glance at Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. What could they possibly want to talk to her about?

A few moments later, the trio reached a study room. Sunset opened the door. “After you,” she said as she gestured Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon inside. She closed the door behind herself as the light was turned on, and they all sat at the table together.

“Okay,” Sunset said. “I’m all ears.”

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon exchanged meaningful glances, then nodded.

“Sunset… how hard was it for you to change?”

Sunset blinked in surprise. She didn’t expect Diamond Tiara to start off with a question like that! “Um… why do you want to know?”

“Answer my question and I’ll tell you,” Diamond Tiara stated as she folded her arms.

Sunset frowned slightly, then shrugged. “It wasn’t hard for me to change. After everything that happened to me on the night of the Fall Formal, how could I not?”

“But what about forgiving yourself,” Silver Spoon asked.

Sunset sighed heavily. “That’s an entirely different story,” she said softly as she looked away from the two. “I thought I’d done so, but after witnessing yesterday’s chaos all my guilt and self-loathing resurfaced… just like that.” She snapped her finger for emphasis.

“It was bad enough to be a bystander and watch everyone at each other’s throats,” she continued. “But it was even worse knowing that that’s what I did!”

“So you still haven’t forgiven yourself?”

“Obviously not,” Diamond Tiara said softly.

Sunset turned back to face them with a mirthless laugh. “You try forgiving yourself for ruining people’s lives and their relationships, turning your back on your mentor, becoming a power-mad she-demon bent on taking over your home, then being forced to experience every last fucking bit of agony you caused a thousand times over!” She slammed her fist on the table, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon recoiled as her ragged breaths became the only audible noise in the room.

Several moments passed as everyone remained silent, until Sunset shuddered as she covered her head in her hands. “I’m so sorry,” she said quietly. “I’m just dealing with a lot of shit right now, and I shouldn’t have blown up at you two.”

“It’s okay,” Silver Spoon said. “You clearly needed to get all of that off of your chest.”

Sunset removed her hands, revealing a sad smile. “Yeah. I guess I did.” She made a sputtering noise. “I’m such a freaking mess right now…”

“Why’d you even bother coming here, then,” Diamond Tiara asked.

“Because I’m too damned stubborn for my own good sometimes.”

“It’s your funeral.”

“Di!” Silver Spoon glared at her friend disapprovingly.

“Shit! Sorry!” Diamond Tiara smiled sheepishly.

Sunset once again took note of the duo’s unusual behavior. Something was a little off about all this to her…

“Okay,” she said. “My turn. Why’d you ask that question?”

“Because we want to change, too,” Diamond Tiara said sincerely as she gestured to herself and Silver Spoon.

Sunset’s eyes widened a bit. This wasn’t at all what she was expecting, but it was a pleasant surprise! “Really?”

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon nodded in unison.

“That’s wonderful! What inspired this change of heart?”

Diamond Tiara smiled genuinely. “You did.”

Sunset’s jaw nearly dropped. “M… M-Me?”

Diamond Tiara got out of her chair. “Yes,” she said softly, then put a hand on top of Sunset’s.

“How?”

“On the night of the Musical Showcase. When you… what’s that phrase you and girls use again?”

“When I ponied up?”

“Yeah! You just looked so happy. So confident!”

Sunset blushed as she ran a hand through her hair.

Now it was Silver Spoon’s turn to stand up. “The smile on your face that night was something neither I nor Di had ever seen on our own faces!”

“You see,” Diamond Tiara said as Silver Spoon reached them. “Our home lives are, well… less than ideal.”

“Oh?” Sunset could tell this conversation was heading into confidential territory. She’d have to choose her words carefully here!

“It’s true,” Silver Spoon said. “I love my parents to death, but they fight, like, all the time!” She frowned with a sigh. “I’m pretty sure they’re only staying together for the money.”

“I love my daddy,” Diamond Tiara said. “But Spoiled Rich-”

“Wait,” Sunset said. “Don’t you mean your m-”

I don’t have a mother,” Diamond Tiara spat. “What I have is a wealth and status-obsessed bitch of a woman that I live with!”

Sunset froze momentarily, caught off-guard by Diamond Tiara’s sudden outburst.

Diamond Tiara’s features softened, and she put a hand to her forehead, dragging it down her face. “Ugh… We’re all dealing with a lot of shit, aren’t we?”

Silver Spoon put a supportive hand on Diamond Tiara’s shoulder. “We are, Di, but I think we’re also digressing.”

“Yeah. We are.” Diamond Tiara removed her hand from her face. “The point that we’re trying to make here is that we want to be happy like you are. That’s why we want to change!”

“In other words, Sunset,” Silver Spoon said as she adjusted her glasses. “We want you to teach us what you know about friendship.”

Sunset put a hand to her mouth in shock.

“We’re hoping that our quality of life will improve as a result. So… what do you say?”

Sunset nearly leapt out of her chair. “I’d love to!”

The three embraced each other, and the warning bell for next period rang.

“We’ll have to iron out the details later.”

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon nodded, and the three left the study room.


As Sunset reached her next class, she found herself flanked by Snips and Snails. She opened the door and gestured them inside, then followed as the door shut behind her.