• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,735 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,735

Parent and Child

Jackpot took a deep breath and exhaled as he reached Trixie's door. He hated knowing she was upset, and it only made him feel worse about how he treated her downstairs. He sighed, then knocked on her door. "Trixie?"

Jackpot was answered with incoherent muttering, muffled by the door that separated himself and Trixie. He tested the doorknob, finding that she had not locked her door. That was a good sign. He would have been even more worried if it was locked.

Jackpot walked into Trixie's room, then scanned around until he found that her bed sported a large lump. He slowly sat down on the bed. The lump stirred, then muttered. "Trixie," he said softly. "You don't have to respond if you don't want to, but I would like it if you listened to the story I'm going to tell you."

Jackpot paused for a moment, then sighed. "Did I ever tell you about the time I robbed a store?"


Wallflower sniffled, having ran out of tears. She looked up, her eyes widened in shock. "W... What?"

"I said that your sheer anger at Sunset had reminded me of when I was a child... when I was a bully," Erica said softly.

Wallflower's jaw dropped. "You were a bully?!"

Erica looked away with a sigh. "I was a very different person all those years ago, my little sprout."


Trixie slowly came out from under the covers, a look of sheer disbelief on her face. "'Different person'?" She scoffed. "That doesn't sound anything like you at all, Dad!"

"I know," Jackpot said softly.

"What happened?"

Jackpot turned to face Trixie. "Well... when I was around your age, I, like you, had a bit of a propensity for mischief. A propensity that gradually got out of hand."


"What do you mean, 'out of hand'," Wallflower asked with a raised eyebrow. "You were a bully. How could that have gotten any worse?"

Erica slowly turned her gaze to Wallflower. "Because I succeeded in driving someone out of school."

Wallflower's heart stopped. The room began to spin as she processed the information. She opened her mouth, but found herself unable to speak.

"Yes," Erica said quietly. "Just like you and Trixie tried to do with Sunset Shimmer."


"J... Just like me and Wallflower," Trixie asked as a chill ran down her spine.

"Yes. I wanted revenge for being wronged. At least, I thought I was being wronged. You know as well I as do that we illusionists take pride in our craft, so at the time I had felt that being upstaged was absolutely unforgivable." Jackpot shook his head slowly. "One day, I had learned that their father owned a local general store."

Trixie nodded.

"So I went inside, then grabbed a pack of playing cards... playing cards, for god's sake," he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "Then I ran out of the store, thinking that they'd have less money. I had hoped that loss of profit would cause the store to close for good."


Wallflower still couldn't believe what she had heard. "D-Did Grandma and Grandpa ever find out?"

"Of course they did, Wallflower. And they were absolutely furious. Grandma spanked me so hard I couldn't sit down without feeling pain for a day! Not only was I suspended for a week and a half, but I was in detention and grounded for the rest of the school year!"

Wallflower hissed through her teeth. Was that how bad things would have been for her and Trixie had they succeeded in their plan? ...No. She didn't want to think about it.

"Like you, I felt terrible about what I did. I wanted to make things right."


"Did you," Trixie asked.

"It took some time for me to muster up the courage necessary to return to the store, but yes." Jackpot shuddered. "I'll never forget the evil eye their father gave me when I walked in. They were there too, it just so happened."

"So how did it go?"

"It was... awkward, to say the least."

"I can imagine..." Trixie sighed heavily, remembering the tense atmosphere in the nurse's office when she and Wallflower confessed to Sunset... in front of all of her friends, no less!

"It took me some time, but I managed to forgive myself. The guilt I felt... the guilt that haunted me for months on end, slowly disappeared."


Wallflower blanched. "M-Months?!"

"Yes, my little sprout. Months." Erica smiled warmly. "The fact that the guilt hurts you is a good sign. It means you know what you did was wrong, and you regret it."

"...Was that supposed to make me feel better?"

Erica shook her head. "My point is this: like many wounds, time will heal it. You've learned from this mistake, and you'll grow from it... making you a better person."


"Just like you," Trixie asked.

Jackpot nodded. "Just like me." Trixie smiled warmly, and the guilt she had felt lessened slightly. "You're in for a rough few months, Trixie, my dear, but I want you to rest assured that your mother and I will have your back. Always."


Wallflower nodded. "I know." She hugged Erica tightly. "Thank you."

Erica laughed softly. "You're welcome, my little sprout." She returned the hug with a happy sigh as parent and child enjoyed their mutual warmth and love.

"Can we stay like this forever," Wallflower whispered.

"I'm going to have to let go eventually."


"I know," Trixie said softly. "I'm just enjoying the moment."

"As am I, Trixie... as am I." Several moments passed, and Jackpot slowly broke the hug. "Are you going to be okay?"

"For now," Trixie said as she got off of her bed. "Thanks for the talk, Dad."

"Anytime," Jackpot said as he headed for Trixie's door.

"Before you go..."

"Yes?"


"I love you," Wallflower said.

"I love you too." Erica shut the door behind herself.

Wallflower Blush and Trixie Lulamoon walked to their respective windows and stared outside, grateful for such loving parents. Though their fears and anxieties had been allayed for the time being, one thought took over their minds...

...How was Sunset doing?