• Published 14th Feb 2020
  • 4,677 Views, 121 Comments

Anon-A-Miss Aftermath: The Day After - CapNTilfy



The day after the Anon-A-Miss incident, life goes on as usual... except for a select few people.

  • ...
12
 121
 4,677

First Period

Sunset sat down at her desk, facing the board.

You're a monster!

Sunset flinched momentarily, then sighed as her teacher walked in.

A middle-aged man with black hair sat down at the teacher's desk. He sat down, then straightened his brown sweater vest and faced the class with his icy blue eyes. "Good morning," he said in a gruff voice.

"Good morning, Mr. Doodle," the class responded.

Sunset frowned. None of her friends were in her classes with Mr. Cranky Doodle. This was probably going to a long, long period. She resisted the urge to bury her head in her hands and let the darkness pass the time for her. Doing so would only get her in trouble, and that was one of the last things she needed!

Cranky began his lesson as he turned to face the chalkboard, and Sunset paid attention.

Sunset sniffled. "This is for the best," she said, then jumped.

Sunset covered her mouth instantly, muffling a yelp.

Cranky paused for a moment, then turned around to look at Sunset.

"Sorry about that... hiccup," Sunset said, blushing.

Cranky shrugged, then turned back and resumed his lesson.

Sunset sighed heavily as she buried her head in her hands. Did she make a mistake in coming here?

The Demonself's cackle resounded through Sunset's mind, and a chill ran down her spine. Her heartbeat quickened, and she struggled to keep her breathing even.

Sunset felt someone tap her hand, and she turned to see a student sitting next to her with a piece of paper in her hand. She blinked, then took it. She opened it up.

Sending positive vibes your way!

- C.C.

Sunset scanned the room and found a student with bright green hair. She raised her pale peach arms, and her fingers wiggled through her fingerless gloves. She drew her arms back, then thrust them forward, repeating the process as though she was casting a spell.

Sunset barely managed to cover her mouth before snorting. She quickly turned back to check if Cranky was wise to Cherry Crash's antics.

Cranky remained fixated on the board as he wrote on it, much to Sunset's relief.

Sunset turned back around to face Cherry and gave her a genuine smile.

Cherry grinned, then mouthed the words 'turn it over'.

Sunset gestured to the piece of paper, and Cherry nodded. She turned it over, then stifled a gasp.

On the other side of the paper was a fairly well-drawn picture of Sunset rising into the sky along with the rest of the Rainbooms. She and her friends were smiling and holding hands as they summoned the giant alicorn that zapped and shattered the Dazzlings' amulets.

Sunset glanced at Cherry, giving her a big smile as thanks. She then turned back to the lesson.

You're a monster!

Sunset grit her teeth and shook her head. No. She wasn't a monster.

Sunset gasped as she began to feel an ache in her chest. She looked back up at the memories being replayed over and over. She began to feel their sadness. Their despair. Their rage... all of their emotions poured into her and she let out a wail of agony as her knees buckled under the weight of her misdeeds. Tears streamed down her eyes as she slowly felt a new emotion emerge: guilt.

Sunset shot out of her chair abruptly, and Cranky turned around. "Are you okay, Sunset? You look a little pale."

Sunset took a deep breath, then exhaled. "I-I think I just need some fresh air."

Cranky smiled warmly. "Take all the time you need."

Sunset nodded, then hurried out of the classroom as she put her winter jacket on. She ran to the exit, then reached the outdoors. She took a deep breath, then exhaled as she put a hand to her forehead.

About a minute later, Sunset heard the door behind her close. She turned around to see Cherry Crash, who walked up to her and gave her a hug. "It's going to be okay," Cherry whispered.

"I-Is it really," Sunset asked as she shuddered.

"Sunset Shimmer," Cherry said sternly as she broke the hug and took Sunset by the shoulders. "You look me straight in the eyes and tell me that you were not at rock fucking bottom yesterday."

Sunset's mouth hung open as she struggled to find words.

"That's what I thought." Cherry reached into her coat and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

Sunset blinked in surprise. "You smoke?"

"Eh, not often enough to get hooked. Just once in a while." Cherry took out a cigarette and lighter, then lit the cigarette. "You're not gonna lecture me, are you?"

"Why would I do that?"

Cherry shrugged as she took a drag. "Dunno, but I say that to everybody."

"What do you say to those who do lecture you?"

"'Fuck you, it's my body.'"

Sunset snorted. "Fair enough."

"Listen... before we go back inside."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. For saving all of our asses back there during the musical showcase."

Sunset blushed.

"You're an amazing person, Sunset. There shouldn't have been any doubt after that night." Cherry sighed, then took one last drag. "So could you find it your heart to forgive me?"

Sunset's eyes widened. "Forgive... you?" This was unusual. Someone asking for her forgiveness!

"Yeah," Cherry said softly. "After that... that scream of yours, I understood that you were in pain. God, I felt so fucking horrible!" She clenched her teeth, then dropped and put out her cigarette. "I can only imagine how you felt when all that shit went down."

"Worse," Sunset said while looking away. "Way, way worse."

Cherry put her hands back on Sunset's shoulders. "So please... forgive me."

Sunset looked into Cherry's eyes and immediately noticed the sincerity in her expression. "I forgive you."

Cherry shuddered again, then hugged Sunset. "Thank you," she whispered. "I love you... platonically, of course."

Sunset snorted. "I love you too... platonically, of course."

Sunset and Cherry stood still for a few moments, relishing in their newfound friendship.

Cherry broke the hug. "We should get back inside. Don't want to miss too much more of class."

Sunset nodded. "Yeah."

"Oh, one more thing." Cherry reached into her coat pocket and produced her drawing. "You left this back in the classroom."

Sunset took the picture and stored it in her coat. "Let's get back in there, shall we?

"We shall."

Cherry Crash and Sunset Shimmer went back inside.